Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? 22:52 - Dec 17 with 3431 viewsshenleymun

I’ve read about 400 pages of threads on here and all I have found is things we don’t want:

- We don’t want Huw
- We don’t want the American owners
- We don’t want the Trust Board
- We don’t want the Trust to sell its shares
- We don’t want Clement
- We don’t want Routledge, Naughton, Clucas, Ki (rotate by the week)

Some old girl behind me at Burnley was shouting on non-stop “We want our club back”. No answer when we asked her if it was the Division 3 or Division 4 club she wanted back.

Personally I was happy with relegation this time last year and I’m happy with it this year. Starting every season thinking we’ll be happy with 16th place is garbage. Looking forward to trips to Sheffield, Nottingham, Leeds and even Millwall. And winning a few games and thinking maybe we might make the top six.

What exactly do you want to happen in positive terms for the club? In terms of an in tray, as opposed to an out tray? Strikes me no one actually has any ideas for that.
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 23:21 - Dec 17 with 3382 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well being happy with 16th place was hardly ever the scenario after our first season in the top flight.
Our ambitions were top 7 trying to compete in Europe and maybe a cup win or two. . That has changed dramatically now. Our sights are much lower.
I am sure we would all love the club to be run by supporters for the supporters. I think the best we can hope for now is an ownership with a modicum of interest and a strong functioning Trust monitoring them and working with them in the best interests of the club.
I don't think these are unreasonable ambitions and we have proved this can work in the past.
Also against this background survival in this league is a massive advantage to both the club and the City Bay Region. Far greater than anything in the championship or at a lower level could bring.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2017 23:23]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 23:28 - Dec 17 with 3366 viewsJethroJack

You make some valid points, but "wanting our club back" means having an ownership that is prepared to actually invests in the club to continue to make it prosper, not what's happening at the moment.

If you're happy to get relegated in order to make the top 6 in a lower division, we may well get promoted again.....so, do you want a yo-yo club?

Surely, we want proper investment in management & players to enable us to be competitive again in the Premier League. Success for us would be mid-table & nice cup run.
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 02:03 - Dec 18 with 3292 viewsLeonWasGod

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 23:28 - Dec 17 by JethroJack

You make some valid points, but "wanting our club back" means having an ownership that is prepared to actually invests in the club to continue to make it prosper, not what's happening at the moment.

If you're happy to get relegated in order to make the top 6 in a lower division, we may well get promoted again.....so, do you want a yo-yo club?

Surely, we want proper investment in management & players to enable us to be competitive again in the Premier League. Success for us would be mid-table & nice cup run.

I'd be happy with an owners/directors who put the club's interest ahead of their own! Never mind investment (although nice and needed).

A couple of others positive moves for starters:
- a review/refreshing of the recruitment side if things, as one that can only 'unearth' former players or over priced mediocrity is clearly broken
- getting in some genuine football experience in that DOF role too, if that person is key to recruitment
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 03:04 - Dec 18 with 3282 viewsphact0rri

Pretty sure it means our club in the current state is unrecognizable and not for the good.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 06:06 - Dec 18 with 3223 viewsDr_Winston

When people say "investment" they basically want what the likes of Man City have. Someone pumping money into the club with no expectation of a return, which isn't investment, and is a complete 180 from having "our club back". We'd essentially be a plaything.

Personally I'd be happy being run by someone happy to let the club live within its means, but capable of making smart decisions about who to bring in on both the coaching and playing side, whilst also trying to grow the club organically off the pitch.

You know. What we were sold as doing between 2004 and 2014.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 06:37 - Dec 18 with 3190 viewsgiantstoneater

I'd like to see our club rid itself of supporters who would be happy to see us relegated, I would like us to show a bit of fight and stay up, I would like us to
See us manage the squad a little better moving on players who are well past their sell by date, I would like a board who actually care about the club and not continually reward those who betrayed us all when they sold up for their own personal greed and still take their padded seats high up on match days, I would like all our owners to attend our home games at least and perhaps show some interest and I would like the club shop to sell things in our club colours of black and fecking white!!!!
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 08:39 - Dec 18 with 3030 viewspaulv2k4

I genuinely wish people would give up their pointless moaning and wishes for the club to get back to the way it was.

We had a fantastic run and nobody expected us to do this well. Then we were sold, some say for greed but in reality it made business sense to them all (we were on the downward slide in Laudrup's reign before the Americans, Bobbly, Clement etc). You'd all do it if you had the opportunity to make a HUGE profit out of a small investment too, a lot of you do the lottery for example, if you won, would continue to do your job afterward? NO.

The only thing I don't agree with is the way in which they did it! Although that is how business works these days, you will be shafted from all directions for money.

I don't know who makes the transfers, a lot of people say Huw Jenkins. I have NEVER seen ANY proof of this. There are Recruitment people in the club, they are:

Head of Recruitment - David Leadbeater
Technical Recruitment Scout - Tim Henderson
Asst Technical Recruitment Scout - Ian Roscrow

So your telling me, they do NOTHING, in a private business run by Americans. Come off it.

I don't know, I think a lot of this bollox is a massive deflection and distraction from the playing staff, who in all honesty should be looking at themselves, how a team could play SO differently in 6 months is beyond me. It happens EVERY year! We shouldn't need to sack the "man at the top" to bring the club back off its knees every time. They are PRO footballers, they should be able to PASS, TACKLE, RUN & SHOOT ffs.

Rant Over. :)
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 08:54 - Dec 18 with 3006 viewsBanosswan

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 08:39 - Dec 18 by paulv2k4

I genuinely wish people would give up their pointless moaning and wishes for the club to get back to the way it was.

We had a fantastic run and nobody expected us to do this well. Then we were sold, some say for greed but in reality it made business sense to them all (we were on the downward slide in Laudrup's reign before the Americans, Bobbly, Clement etc). You'd all do it if you had the opportunity to make a HUGE profit out of a small investment too, a lot of you do the lottery for example, if you won, would continue to do your job afterward? NO.

The only thing I don't agree with is the way in which they did it! Although that is how business works these days, you will be shafted from all directions for money.

I don't know who makes the transfers, a lot of people say Huw Jenkins. I have NEVER seen ANY proof of this. There are Recruitment people in the club, they are:

So your telling me, they do NOTHING, in a private business run by Americans. Come off it.

I don't know, I think a lot of this bollox is a massive deflection and distraction from the playing staff, who in all honesty should be looking at themselves, how a team could play SO differently in 6 months is beyond me. It happens EVERY year! We shouldn't need to sack the "man at the top" to bring the club back off its knees every time. They are PRO footballers, they should be able to PASS, TACKLE, RUN & SHOOT ffs.

Huw is still doing his job after winning the lottery.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 09:02 - Dec 18 with 2989 viewspaulv2k4

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 08:54 - Dec 18 by Banosswan

Huw is still doing his job after winning the lottery.

Perhaps he loves his job?
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 09:26 - Dec 18 with 2941 viewsPrivate_Partz

I most certainly am not saying our DOF and his team are doing nothing. There has been plenty of movement. Problem is they are not doing their jobs well. In such circumstances the DOF takes the blame.
It was obvious from the start of the season that the window was poor and late. It was also obvious that, if things went wrong, people would then start blaming the manager and the players whilst detracting away from the shocking performances of Jenkins and the recruitment team.
Then we go on to the sale of the club.....the recruitment team can be exonerated from that one. There is whole new team to blame there....... but one man remains constant in both.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 09:32 - Dec 18 with 2928 viewsSmellyplumz

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 09:02 - Dec 18 by paulv2k4

Perhaps he loves his job?

Maybe he's a power hungry greedy cûnt, just a wild guess like.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 10:01 - Dec 18 with 2868 viewsmahoss

I wonder if we,d be having these conversations if we were top 10,just a thought........🤔
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 10:10 - Dec 18 with 2854 viewspaulv2k4

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 09:32 - Dec 18 by Smellyplumz

Maybe he's a power hungry greedy cûnt, just a wild guess like.

No point in getting angry over it though mate. Life is too short to give 2 shites about some numpty with lots of money.

I am still waiting for proof that HJ is our DOF. Have I missed a one liner somewhere that suggests it?

P.S. I am not defending some of his actions, his proven treatment of past managers has been disgusting.
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 11:00 - Dec 18 with 2804 viewsPawelAbbott

I totally agree with this!
There is no point in moaning about being owned by an investment group. The club was sold to them and unless someone has £110 million sitting around in their accounts waiting to be spent then I don't see it ever being back in local hands except via league 2.
The issues are that the recruitment has not been good enough and at the moment the management isn't either.
The recruitment has been abysmal for years except when managers bring their own players in.
Rather than blowing a fortune on training facilities that were built by certain members of the board, they should have built a top class scouting network.
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 11:11 - Dec 18 with 2788 viewsdameedna

The parallels are similar to consultancies. Not the same but similar.

As employees get more senior they pursue different rewards. The average fan who has ploughed hours of time and considerable savings into pursuing a dream sees getting the club back as supporting a group prepared to do the donkey work for the love of the club.

It is an ideal.

There were outsiders rocking the boat once Martinez fuked off.

The halcyon days of Laudrups captaincy. The club had a football captain who knew how to make money out of football. That upset the owners who changed the set up for good.

Club now has Britton and Rangel on the route to Babylon along with Trundle and Curtis.

It makes it difficult for fans and supporters to have a go at the club. Getting our club back will mean influencing those players to see it from another perspective and to understand that supporters have a different longer term agenda than the club.

I dont mind a bit of passion at games Wigan away was immense.
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 11:43 - Dec 18 with 2735 viewsShaky

Good question mum!

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 12:50 - Dec 18 with 2631 viewsOldjack

Personally i'd love A Man C TYPE OF INVESTMENT. Being one of the best teams in the world along with some of the best players ,not to mention playing the likes of Barca in the champions league ,plus no financial worries ,It maybe a plaything for the owners ,but it's my club at heart

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 16:18 - Dec 18 with 2492 viewsshenleymun

What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 06:37 - Dec 18 by giantstoneater

I'd like to see our club rid itself of supporters who would be happy to see us relegated, I would like us to show a bit of fight and stay up, I would like us to
See us manage the squad a little better moving on players who are well past their sell by date, I would like a board who actually care about the club and not continually reward those who betrayed us all when they sold up for their own personal greed and still take their padded seats high up on match days, I would like all our owners to attend our home games at least and perhaps show some interest and I would like the club shop to sell things in our club colours of black and fecking white!!!!

I love the "I'd like to see our club rid itself of supporters who would be happy to see us relegated"
Normally people want to see the back of the alleged plastics who won't be back next season. Now its the ones who are willing to go to Burton that should be shown the door.
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 16:23 - Dec 18 with 2480 viewsshenleymun

Anyway having started this thread, my view is that we can only "have our club back" by going down.
Stay up and the Yanks stay, as do the increasingly tiresome annual relegation blues.
Go down and maybe they go away (and then we may be wishing the trust had cashed in its chips along with Dineen, Martyn Morgan and co, so it could buy that bigger share).
One thing that nobody seems to mention is that Huw has at least left some money in the club which he could still lose, not cashed in the lot. He may be on an ego trip or whatever but he still has a stake in the club not going down the pan.
What does “We want our Club back” actually mean? on 05:44 - Dec 20 with 2249 viewsdameedna

I think you are right.
As Oldjack says above the opposite of getting regulated may be that the club starts winning and attracting more investment.
A premiership club is hard to control.
Getting our club back will mean two or three relegations possibly more as 5 million is peanuts.
20 per cent of 2015 value is not peanuts.
Getting diddled out of that value is worth fighting for.
If it means stripping the club of its assets so be it.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 5:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024