Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law 15:05 - Dec 18 with 9512 viewsTheResurrection

So the famed, for all the wrong reasons, movie about our meteoric rise to the top, which somehow conveniently forgot the Trust's major role was produced by Andrew's Father in Law.

Mal is obviously very friendly with the selling shareholders so all of a sudden I'm a little concerned about this latest appointment.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 15:22 - Dec 18 with 5173 viewslonglostjack

I'm sure he mentioned that he has worked with US Equity firms in a professional capacity. I'm curious as to whether he has ever crossed paths with Oaktree Capital. Not that it necessarily matters if he has but would be interesting to know.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 16:00 - Dec 18 with 5039 viewsLoyal

Why is there always a link with these people that raises questions. Every fcking time.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 16:15 - Dec 18 with 4968 viewstrampie

Nobody seems to know anything about football, nobody seems to know value, nobody seems to know how to count, nobody seems to know how to communicate or conduct themselves.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 16:45 - Dec 18 with 4858 viewscostalotta

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 16:00 - Dec 18 by Loyal

Why is there always a link with these people that raises questions. Every fcking time.

Perhaps it’s by design?
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 17:07 - Dec 18 with 4769 viewsicecoldjack

Are people still actually pretending that the trust has something to offer in it's present model ?

It sat around for years taking plaudits and pretending to be relevant and the one time it was actually needed it failed to do anything at all ! failing in it's primary role of policing and protecting the club.

No point in having it now, the damage has already been done, may as well burn the lot down wait a few years when we are completely on our arsse and start again afresh .

I coined the phrase months back and see no reason to change it.

The mistrust.
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 17:19 - Dec 18 with 4709 viewsmax936

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 16:00 - Dec 18 by Loyal

Secret handshakes and come and join my gang mentality it looks like.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 17:41 - Dec 18 with 4608 viewsBatterseajack

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 17:19 - Dec 18 by max936

I went to school with a relative of Mal, he even shares the same surname as Mal and is very much in the Jenkins out camp. Now i don't know Andrew McGlashan, but maybe, just maybe he got his place on the Trust on Merit and not because of some secret handshake.
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 17:45 - Dec 18 with 4592 viewsexhmrc1

i agree he should be judged on his actions not who he belongs to or knows. Hopefully given his experience he will be a valued member of the board. It is also good to see a younger member joining the board. The trust needs more diversity as it is laden with older people.
Login to get fewer ads

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 17:47 - Dec 18 with 4582 viewsSoberBaker

Swansea's a small place, mind.

I reckon every single one of us is linked to some c*nt or other

AMOW

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 17:50 - Dec 18 with 4563 viewsmonmouth

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 17:41 - Dec 18 by Batterseajack

I went to school with a relative of Mal, he even shares the same surname as Mal and is very much in the Jenkins out camp. Now i don't know Andrew McGlashan, but maybe, just maybe he got his place on the Trust on Merit and not because of some secret handshake.

I agree with you. No reason it should bar him if he brought something more than those that didn't get selected.

But surely to God they have learned by now that they have to be whiter than white in perception and reality.

Letting stuff like this be 'discovered' is plain dull. That film is a touchstone of the lack of honesty and faith of people that many can now see have used the club, used their positions, and used a pretence of being custodians to enrich themselves and to hell with the club. It basically airbrushed out the organisation he has joined. Bound to cause a bit of a stir.

Oh and obviously, if he has any links at all with Oaktree or ANY of the 'investors', of any sort, even having been in a meeting with them, these must be declared immediately.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:04 - Dec 18 with 4499 viewsmax936

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 17:19 - Dec 18 by max936

Mart6 if you got somin to say post it up instead of down arrowing, until then shove your arrows up your Jack and Danny.
Although I suspect you've another username.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:06 - Dec 18 with 4487 viewslondonlisa2001

FWIW, I've been in very frequent contact with Andrew this week, and if he's trying to do anything other than review all the legal stuff in great detail and be helpful and receptive he's a funny way of showing it.
Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:08 - Dec 18 with 4475 viewsMoscowJack

I think he deserves extra brownie points for standing up to be on the Trust Board, considering we know what he'll be accused of on here.

Despite all of that, he still put himself forward, so does deserve credit, in my opinion.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:19 - Dec 18 with 4420 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 17:41 - Dec 18 by Batterseajack

I know Mal’s brother very well and unlike Mal he’s a very big Swans fan and season ticket holder and is very much in the Jenkins out camp. Unfortunately he wasn’t consulted by his brother on the film. Of course, that’s silly of me because the narrative would not have been the one that he was being paid for.

I’ve never met Mal.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:45 - Dec 18 with 4323 viewsmonmouth

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:06 - Dec 18 by londonlisa2001

FWIW, I've been in very frequent contact with Andrew this week, and if he's trying to do anything other than review all the legal stuff in great detail and be helpful and receptive he's a funny way of showing it.

I think it's worth a lot.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:53 - Dec 18 with 4284 viewsE20Jack

Happy to give him the benefit of doubt.

Not the best of links though I agree, considering what that joke of a film represents. Also disappointed to hear of his voting, although everyone entitled to their own opinion and respect his honesty on that front.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:56 - Dec 18 with 4269 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’ve only met Andrew once, at last week’s board meeting and while we didn’t get the chance to talk one on one what struck me immediately during the meeting was his professionalism. He’s a lawyer and whatever his family connections may or may not be I don’t think will have any bearing on his role within the Trust board. From first impressions I think the other new board members and Lisa all bring something different and will be valuable. Lisa and Andrew’s perspectives are especially important at the moment when discussing the proposed share deal.

Poll: Tory leader

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:58 - Dec 18 with 4246 viewsDarran

I’ve met Mal Pope several times and everytime I’ve met him he’s been very nice. He’s always been very nice to Amy too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 19:17 - Dec 18 with 4170 viewsTheResurrection

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:56 - Dec 18 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve only met Andrew once, at last week’s board meeting and while we didn’t get the chance to talk one on one what struck me immediately during the meeting was his professionalism. He’s a lawyer and whatever his family connections may or may not be I don’t think will have any bearing on his role within the Trust board. From first impressions I think the other new board members and Lisa all bring something different and will be valuable. Lisa and Andrew’s perspectives are especially important at the moment when discussing the proposed share deal.

Well that's fine and as maybe, but of all the people in all the world Andrew rocks up at this time, a solicitor with US hedge fund experience and the son in Law of the producer of film the selling shareholders used as bait.

I don't know Andrew from Adam, at least I don't think I do as these pen pics from the Trust will probably take a year to appear on their website, but I am naturally cynically minded and for once the organisation could just have avoided any sort of news like this breaking out and the obvious tongues wagging.

He could be just what we need, more expertise on the Board, or he could be a Trojan Horse, whoknows, only time will tell, but I'd like his views on Jack to a King and what he thought of it.

There's no hiding place for anyone chosen by the old duffers to serve us, none at all, openness and transparency is the only thing we need and want to see

The Trust, with 15 applications score another top corner own goal.

Over to you McGlashan, what do you say?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 19:40 - Dec 18 with 4084 viewsSwanjaxs

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:04 - Dec 18 by max936

Mart6 if you got somin to say post it up instead of down arrowing, until then shove your arrows up your Jack and Danny.
Although I suspect you've another username.

Mart6 is a wànker! Now go down arrow this you sad motherfùcka 👍😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 20:32 - Dec 18 with 3972 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 19:17 - Dec 18 by TheResurrection

Well that's fine and as maybe, but of all the people in all the world Andrew rocks up at this time, a solicitor with US hedge fund experience and the son in Law of the producer of film the selling shareholders used as bait.

I don't know Andrew from Adam, at least I don't think I do as these pen pics from the Trust will probably take a year to appear on their website, but I am naturally cynically minded and for once the organisation could just have avoided any sort of news like this breaking out and the obvious tongues wagging.

He could be just what we need, more expertise on the Board, or he could be a Trojan Horse, whoknows, only time will tell, but I'd like his views on Jack to a King and what he thought of it.

There's no hiding place for anyone chosen by the old duffers to serve us, none at all, openness and transparency is the only thing we need and want to see

The Trust, with 15 applications score another top corner own goal.

Over to you McGlashan, what do you say?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 20:39 - Dec 18 with 3954 viewsLoyal

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 17:47 - Dec 18 by SoberBaker

Swansea's a small place, mind.

I reckon every single one of us is linked to some c*nt or other

Cheers dad, but not on here.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 20:50 - Dec 18 with 3926 viewsvetchonian

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 18:19 - Dec 18 by Joe_bradshaw

I know Mal’s brother very well and unlike Mal he’s a very big Swans fan and season ticket holder and is very much in the Jenkins out camp. Unfortunately he wasn’t consulted by his brother on the film. Of course, that’s silly of me because the narrative would not have been the one that he was being paid for.

I’ve never met Mal.

You do realise Mal Pope is one of the Vice Presidents whose seat is at risk?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 22:27 - Dec 18 with 3733 viewscaerleon_jack

I'm 99% sure that I was taught science in school by Andrew's dad, and he is one of the nicest and most decent people you could wish to meet. So I'll take that as my way of viewing Andrew's character, as opposed to who his father in law is.

Insert something witty here

Mal Pope, A Jack to a King. Andrew McGlashan's Father in Law on 22:48 - Dec 18 with 3654 viewsfbreath

Aren’t mal and all his family born again Christians surely they wouldn’t do anything underhand

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024