Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Laudrup 19:58 - Dec 18 with 13482 viewsHeadmaster

Can anyone tell me what he says, my computer won't play the video for some reason?

Michael Laudrup on 01:21 - Dec 19 with 2963 viewsLord_Bony

Michael Laudrup on 00:57 - Dec 19 by Walkup

I think ML lost all interest when it finally sunk in that HJ would never fully back him in the transfer market and HJ / ML had different targets in mind going forward.

Laudrup will be remembered as a successful manager of the club.

In 2013 we won the League Cup at Wembley beating Bradford 5.0...the first major trophy in the clubs history.

As a result we played in Europe and put on a good show even beating the likes of Valencia 3.0.

Just 10 years before that we nearly dropped out of the football league altogether. It was probably the last time we played football with our own identity,the Swansea Way,under Rodgers and Laudrup...it served us well ,now we have no football identity whatsoever,we just plod along each week.

Unfortunately for Laudrup his star signing Michu got injured and that's when the rot started to set in with the goal scoring.
Could have turned out a better ending for all....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Michael Laudrup on 08:39 - Dec 19 with 2870 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup on 00:41 - Dec 19 by Jack59

You say one of our most successful managers.
We've had no other manager in 110 years who has won us a major trophy, and the win at Valencia and quality of football was without doubt this clubs finest moment.

There's a lot of d***heads who still don't appreciate that.

I actually agree with you. We reached heights under ML that we will never reach again.
I put the 'one of' in to prevent Darran reminding me Monk took us to ur highest position.
He should be along shortly.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michael Laudrup on 08:41 - Dec 19 with 2867 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup on 21:50 - Dec 18 by exiledclaseboy

Ah, we haven’t had a Laudrup dribble fest for a while now. Reassuringly familiar.

Indeed. Long overdue. Let's all hail the messiah; -)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Michael Laudrup on 11:55 - Dec 19 with 2824 viewsJack59

Michael Laudrup on 21:03 - Dec 18 by E20Jack

Looking at Laudrups record I think it would be a mistake to think he is blameless.

2000—2002 Denmark (assistant manager)
2002—2006 Brøndby - decided to leave
2007—2008 Getafe - resigned
2008—2009 Spartak Moscow - sacked after bad results
2010—2011 Mallorca - sacked after disagreement with board
2012—2014 Swansea City - sacked after bad results and disagreement with board
2014—2015 Lekhwiya - decided not to stay
2016— Al Rayyan

Not the most committed of managers.

Yes .. a fair point you make.

Laudrup's big problem was believing chairmen who told him he would have sole charge of playing squads, and of who comes in, and who leaves.
He never understood that the reason they got to become chairmen, was because of their natural ability to knife people in the back and lie straight-faced to get what they want.

I think that for months before, he probably was aware of the scheming going on between Monk, Williams, and Jenkins, and if he'd been able to move Monk on, like he wanted, things may have improved temporarily, but Jenkins would have found another agent soon enough to unsettle everything.

Laudrup really should have bought his own club, at whatever level, and that would have been interesting.
Michael Laudrup on 11:58 - Dec 19 with 2821 viewsAngelRangelQS

Oh good, we haven't had a Monk v Laudrup thread for a while...

Can someone start a Flynn v Jackett one please?
Michael Laudrup on 12:06 - Dec 19 with 2806 viewsJack59

Michael Laudrup on 11:58 - Dec 19 by AngelRangelQS

I think you can if you want, isn't that the general idea of the forum?
Michael Laudrup on 12:17 - Dec 19 with 2792 viewswaynekerr55

Michael Laudrup on 11:58 - Dec 19 by AngelRangelQS

Jackett only did well because of Flynn's signings.

Discuss...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Michael Laudrup on 12:26 - Dec 19 with 2782 viewsJack_Kass

Interestingly, reading up this week on Guardiola, and his philosophy regarding style of play.

Guardiola said himself that the only teams that came close to replicating his philosophy on positional play (Juego de Posicion), were a mid table team in Spain, and Swansea City under Laudrup.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Laudrup on 12:55 - Dec 19 with 2757 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup on 11:55 - Dec 19 by Jack59

Yes .. a fair point you make.

Laudrup's big problem was believing chairmen who told him he would have sole charge of playing squads, and of who comes in, and who leaves.
He never understood that the reason they got to become chairmen, was because of their natural ability to knife people in the back and lie straight-faced to get what they want.

I think that for months before, he probably was aware of the scheming going on between Monk, Williams, and Jenkins, and if he'd been able to move Monk on, like he wanted, things may have improved temporarily, but Jenkins would have found another agent soon enough to unsettle everything.

Laudrup really should have bought his own club, at whatever level, and that would have been interesting.

I was just thinking about your last point this morning.
ML in post as Manager / Coach / Owner, Tutumulu as DOF with a consortium of Laudrup's business associates providing the Finance.
This would be a product that could attract worldwide interest and would be a marriage made in heaven.
Has ML got a Twitter account? :-))

Michael Laudrup on 13:01 - Dec 19 with 2743 viewsjasper_T

Laudrup's people are just as shady and corrupt as Jenkins & co. but they knew the football side well enough to keep things progressing even while filling their pockets.

Roland Lamah and Itay Schecter were a fair bit cheaper than Sanches and Clucas to boot.
Michael Laudrup on 13:11 - Dec 19 with 2716 viewslondonlisa2001

Michael Laudrup on 13:01 - Dec 19 by jasper_T

Laudrup's people are just as shady and corrupt as Jenkins & co. but they knew the football side well enough to keep things progressing even while filling their pockets.

Roland Lamah and Itay Schecter were a fair bit cheaper than Sanches and Clucas to boot.

Roland Lamah would, terrifyingly, look decent compared with some we have now.
Michael Laudrup on 13:12 - Dec 19 with 2712 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fair comment, but there are not many saintly beings in football as there is so much scope for backhanders and corruption. Tutumulu at least got players cheaply and ones that Laudrup wanted.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Michael Laudrup on 13:16 - Dec 19 with 2705 viewslondonlisa2001

Michael Laudrup on 13:12 - Dec 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Fair comment, but there are not many saintly beings in football as there is so much scope for backhanders and corruption. Tutumulu at least got players cheaply and ones that Laudrup wanted.

There's are some managers / agents combos where you have to accept what happens with them if you appoint them. Several in fact.

To be honest though, it's not really that different to what goes on in every club all the time, the money is just being spread differently. The fees that were publicised in the Bony situation being a case in point. The whole game should be cleaned up, but one club can't do it.
Michael Laudrup on 13:30 - Dec 19 with 2686 viewsWarwickHunt

Michael Laudrup on 13:11 - Dec 19 by londonlisa2001

Roland Lamah would, terrifyingly, look decent compared with some we have now.

Hedy Lamarr would.

*tap-in*
Michael Laudrup on 13:36 - Dec 19 with 2668 viewslondonlisa2001

Michael Laudrup on 13:30 - Dec 19 by WarwickHunt

Hedy Lamarr would.

*tap-in*

Lol.

Did you know that she invented the technology that is supposed to be the basis of the way wi-fi works?

Between being a Hollywood actress and stuff :-)
Michael Laudrup on 13:38 - Dec 19 with 2661 viewswhoflungdung

Don't look back in anger

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Michael Laudrup on 15:58 - Dec 19 with 2595 viewsLord_Bony

I heard you say.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Michael Laudrup on 17:56 - Dec 19 with 2530 viewsperplex

Michael Laudrup on 20:45 - Dec 18 by E20Jack

He was taking us down.

Best manager we have had maybe alongside Rodgers but things went stale and we needed a fresh face, whether that was his fault however is up for debate. I suspect not.

What you mean he was taking us down can you read the future, he was doing a decent job of having us compete in the league and Europe at the same time and for a club our size that takes some doing, as soon as he went and Monk came in and started to change the way we played the rot started setting in.
Michael Laudrup on 19:39 - Dec 19 with 2486 viewsharryhpalmer

however dodgy the car salesman may or may not have been, he brought in some great players and characters: Michu, Pablo, JdG, Chico.

Laudrup also blooded Ben Davies - not many would have - certainly not Monk.

and here's what he actually says...and I can't say many would disagree with what he says. About the only "pundit" i have heard nail what's gone wrong on the playing side.

http://www.beinsports.com/en/premier-league/video/lack-of-a-clear-football-ident

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Michael Laudrup on 19:52 - Dec 19 with 2473 viewsHeadmaster

Michael Laudrup on 19:39 - Dec 19 by harryhpalmer

however dodgy the car salesman may or may not have been, he brought in some great players and characters: Michu, Pablo, JdG, Chico.

and here's what he actually says...and I can't say many would disagree with what he says. About the only "pundit" i have heard nail what's gone wrong on the playing side.

http://www.beinsports.com/en/premier-league/video/lack-of-a-clear-football-ident

Thanks for the link. Such a shame.
Michael Laudrup on 20:11 - Dec 19 with 2450 viewsSwansea93

It's crazy he was sacked, 12th in the league, won league cup, still in the FA cup at that point and in the Europa League. Ashley Williams & Monk in Huws ear.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Michael Laudrup on 20:14 - Dec 19 with 2448 viewsswan85

Michael Laudrup on 08:41 - Dec 19 by Private_Partz

Indeed. Long overdue. Let's all hail the messiah; -)

Given the current predicament we find ourselves in, I don't begrudge anyone remembering good times and our style of play back then.

I remember in the days after the carling cup win saying to a mate (I grew up outside of Swansea and my friends teams had been relegated to the conference) that "this will be as good as it gets" to which the reply was "I am choked for you". We all remember being nearly there ourselves.

Good times need to be remembered, particularly with current state of our club. Happy Christmas, tis the season of goodwill!
Michael Laudrup on 20:17 - Dec 19 with 2445 viewsPrivate_Partz

Michael Laudrup on 19:39 - Dec 19 by harryhpalmer

Yep. Thanks for that link. Could not get the bloody thing to work.
Sad indeed. A quick simple, honest reflection on how we have changed our style when we do not have the players to carry it out.
Nice to see he still has an interest in the club. I know he has been in contact with Curt in the past and he has nothing but good things to say about ML.

Michael Laudrup on 21:49 - Dec 19 with 2385 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Michael Laudrup on 20:17 - Dec 19 by Private_Partz

Yep. Thanks for that link. Could not get the bloody thing to work.
Sad indeed. A quick simple, honest reflection on how we have changed our style when we do not have the players to carry it out.
Nice to see he still has an interest in the club. I know he has been in contact with Curt in the past and he has nothing but good things to say about ML.

And I think it's a genuine interest too. Let's face it the sell outs, the same people claimed to have loved the club and are in the process of razing it to the ground. He seems to have more integrity in his little finger than the lot of them put together.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Michael Laudrup on 08:10 - Dec 20 with 2271 viewsAnotherJohn

There is something in that betwixt and between idea. We are in a liminal state on our way to 'the next level'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024