Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tidal lagoon 18:41 - Dec 19 with 25840 viewsNogginthenog

Finished by the looks.
Tidal lagoon on 18:45 - Dec 19 with 10225 viewsJackfath

A shame.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Tidal lagoon on 18:49 - Dec 19 with 10229 viewssplJack

Good.
Tidal lagoon on 18:49 - Dec 19 with 10228 viewsSwanjaxs

Bet the Cardiff Bay tidal lagoon gets the go-ahead though 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Tidal lagoon on 18:59 - Dec 19 with 10185 viewsjack2jack

Can't say I'm surprised,could be a blessing in disguise.
I wasn't convinced by the whole thing tbh.
Tidal lagoon on 19:03 - Dec 19 with 10167 viewsJack_Kass

Crikey they built that quick

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Tidal lagoon on 19:15 - Dec 19 with 10134 viewsSwanzay

Great news, hopefully!
Tidal lagoon on 19:20 - Dec 19 with 10119 viewsdickythorpe

I don't think many understood it.

What the campaign missed was something like this........

Tidal lagoon on 19:26 - Dec 19 with 10095 viewsjack2jack

Tidal lagoon on 19:20 - Dec 19 by dickythorpe

I don't think many understood it.

What the campaign missed was something like this........

Now a monorail along the sea front would be a spiffing idea.
Login to get fewer ads

Tidal lagoon on 20:00 - Dec 19 with 10022 viewsMorfa_Same

I was never convinced by this project, but like the rail electrification it's yet another project in Swansea cancelled due to the cost.

Has any project in Cardiff ever, in history, been cancelled due to lack of funding? That's what our MPs/AMs should be asking if they were actually representing our interests.
Tidal lagoon on 21:39 - Dec 19 with 9884 viewsScotia

Cardiff won't happen if Swansea (hopefully) doesn't, and it's not looking good. People in the lagoon company have been made redundant already.
Tidal lagoon on 00:07 - Dec 20 with 9718 viewsswan65split

if it was that great where was the private investment? same goes for those fecking sand windmills on the hills, very little private money, all Govt subsidies,,,,awaits the MShrews of this world to bite back.
Tidal lagoon on 08:00 - Dec 20 with 9595 viewswestside

Why don't they try smaller projects like the loughor estuary or converting the river tawe barrage
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 8:00]
Tidal lagoon on 08:30 - Dec 20 with 9562 viewsPegojack

There goes my scheme to become a multi millionaire by opening a hot dog stand at the Aberavon end.
Tidal lagoon on 12:41 - Dec 20 with 9426 viewsBatterseajack

Tidal lagoon on 08:00 - Dec 20 by westside

Why don't they try smaller projects like the loughor estuary or converting the river tawe barrage
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 8:00]

Swansea bay was the smaller project to test out the tidal barrage malarkey before going full scale on other sites.
Tidal lagoon on 13:00 - Dec 20 with 9404 viewspencoedjack

Tidal lagoon on 20:00 - Dec 19 by Morfa_Same

I was never convinced by this project, but like the rail electrification it's yet another project in Swansea cancelled due to the cost.

Has any project in Cardiff ever, in history, been cancelled due to lack of funding? That's what our MPs/AMs should be asking if they were actually representing our interests.

At the end of the day the majority of Labour MPs/AMs can do whatever they want in Wales & people will still vote them in.
Tidal lagoon on 13:18 - Dec 20 with 9372 viewspikeypaul

It tells us everything about the gullible clowns on here who actually thought it would happen.

The same gullible clowns who believe Corbyn will act on his promise to re nationalise the Gas,Electricity,Water,Railway,etc,etc,etc companies and the rest of his "dreams" like free university education and the cancelling of student debt which turned from policy to a dream a day after the last election.

Throw the little people a few seeds of hope knowing full well they will never materealise and the wage slaves will get in line and carry on daily life.

Sad but true.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Tidal lagoon on 14:20 - Dec 20 with 9313 viewsBatterseajack

Tidal lagoon on 13:18 - Dec 20 by pikeypaul

It tells us everything about the gullible clowns on here who actually thought it would happen.

The same gullible clowns who believe Corbyn will act on his promise to re nationalise the Gas,Electricity,Water,Railway,etc,etc,etc companies and the rest of his "dreams" like free university education and the cancelling of student debt which turned from policy to a dream a day after the last election.

Throw the little people a few seeds of hope knowing full well they will never materealise and the wage slaves will get in line and carry on daily life.

Sad but true.

So your saying the Tidal Lagoon was a lie all along, a fanciful idea for us all to cling on to whilst we work our miserable jobs in the hope that some day, we might have an electrical generator in our bay and we'll all be happy? Interesting.

What do you make of the regeneration of the car park beside LC2 and behind Tesco?
Tidal lagoon on 14:31 - Dec 20 with 9298 viewsNogginthenog

I would have liked to have seen it happen but am not surprised it is unlikely to go ahead. They should look for some private investment to revitalise the whole of Swansea Bay with Cafes hotels etc and reap the rewards that tourism will bring. A monorail would be a great start.
Tidal lagoon on 14:40 - Dec 20 with 9281 viewsBatterseajack

Tidal lagoon on 14:31 - Dec 20 by Nogginthenog

I would have liked to have seen it happen but am not surprised it is unlikely to go ahead. They should look for some private investment to revitalise the whole of Swansea Bay with Cafes hotels etc and reap the rewards that tourism will bring. A monorail would be a great start.

Like this you mean? RIBA Stage 2 design for phase 1 already completed.

http://www.acme.ac/acme-space/145-/
Tidal lagoon on 15:01 - Dec 20 with 9261 viewsScotia

Tidal lagoon on 14:40 - Dec 20 by Batterseajack

Planning applications well under way too. Looking good at last!
Tidal lagoon on 15:56 - Dec 20 with 9216 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It's really hard to take anything called Acme seriously.

That's where Wile E Coyote got his explosive devices from I believe.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Tidal lagoon on 16:08 - Dec 20 with 9205 viewsNogginthenog

Thats a decent enough start
Tidal lagoon on 16:20 - Dec 20 with 9185 viewsBatterseajack

Tidal lagoon on 16:08 - Dec 20 by Nogginthenog

Thats a decent enough start

The images on their website are very early concept images used to define the project scope and aspirations. Concept stage has just completed, once that's priced up, developed and technical design will commence in the new year.
Tidal lagoon on 16:24 - Dec 20 with 9167 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Why anyone wanted it here baffles me. Let some other city be a guinea pig and risk one of their cities most unique assets on it first.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tidal lagoon on 16:43 - Dec 20 with 9137 viewsScotia

Tidal lagoon on 16:24 - Dec 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why anyone wanted it here baffles me. Let some other city be a guinea pig and risk one of their cities most unique assets on it first.

People have been taken in by their PR bullsh1t.

If their supporting scientific work had been 10% as good they may have got somewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024