Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B 16:49 - Dec 20 with 3835 viewsJoshTheJack

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/richards-its-must-win-game
7 PM KO
A must win if they are to have any chance of going through.

Team
Swans U23s: Lewis Thomas, Anthony Brydges, Tyler Reid, Ryan Blair, Cian Harries, Kyle Bartley, Daniel James, Jay Fulton (Capt), Courtney Baker-Richardson, Adnan Marić, Jordon Garrick.

Live stream: https://www.swanseacity.com/live-stream
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 18:32]
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:00 - Dec 20 with 3809 viewsJackfath

Who cares?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:10 - Dec 20 with 3796 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Just because they are young they are still Swansea FC players, they play for the club & the shirt and are doing a damn sight better job of it at their level than our first team are at theirs.
They deserve our support & respect, but you seem to have neither.
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:14 - Dec 20 with 3791 viewsJoshTheJack

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:00 - Dec 20 by Jackfath

Who cares?

Me obviously,It's nice to see a team in a Swans shirt who play decent football and actually give a feck.If you don't care why comment?
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:18 - Dec 20 with 3780 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:14 - Dec 20 by JoshTheJack

Me obviously,It's nice to see a team in a Swans shirt who play decent football and actually give a feck.If you don't care why comment?

Because he is a WUM.
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:18 - Dec 20 with 3779 viewspencoedjack

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:10 - Dec 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Just because they are young they are still Swansea FC players, they play for the club & the shirt and are doing a damn sight better job of it at their level than our first team are at theirs.
They deserve our support & respect, but you seem to have neither.

The problem is they never progress, surely the age these guys are they should be breaking into the 1st team

Academy ? I’d have much rather the money had been spent on players ready to go.

So i agree with Jackfath
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:22 - Dec 20 with 3776 viewsJoshTheJack

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:18 - Dec 20 by pencoedjack

The problem is they never progress, surely the age these guys are they should be breaking into the 1st team

So i agree with Jackfath

Still decent to watch.Not many of our recent managers have had the bollocks to give them a go.
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:26 - Dec 20 with 3762 viewsJackfath

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:18 - Dec 20 by pencoedjack

So i agree with Jackfath

Correct my friend.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:51 - Dec 20 with 3711 viewsmonmouth

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:26 - Dec 20 by Jackfath

Correct my friend.

I agree too. If none of them will be good enough for the first team it is a monumental waste of time and money. We've built an academy then spent stupid money and extended contracts on people that clearly can't make it. Bring them through or pack it in.

Maybe the plan is to get ourselves to a standard of football that they will be ok in.

Still hope they win though. Can't help myself.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 19:58 - Dec 20 with 3567 viewsSwanseaisgreat

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:51 - Dec 20 by monmouth

I agree too. If none of them will be good enough for the first team it is a monumental waste of time and money. We've built an academy then spent stupid money and extended contracts on people that clearly can't make it. Bring them through or pack it in.

Maybe the plan is to get ourselves to a standard of football that they will be ok in.

So Kyle Bartley is back!
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 20:02 - Dec 20 with 3542 viewsthornabyswan

Who cares?

Maybe we should care half of them will be fighting a relegation battle in the Championship next season.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 21:01 - Dec 20 with 3423 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swans out of the International cup.
What a "professional" group of players Bilbao have.
The can dive to the right, dive to the left, you name it they can do it and time waste with the best.
It must be very frustrating to play against that.
They lost 2 nil and were down to 9 this time.
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 21:09 - Dec 20 with 3354 viewsJoshTheJack

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 21:01 - Dec 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Swans out of the International cup.
What a "professional" group of players Bilbao have.
The can dive to the right, dive to the left, you name it they can do it and time waste with the best.
It must be very frustrating to play against that.
They lost 2 nil and were down to 9 this time.

Shocking sportsmanship from top to bottom thier coaches running onto the field of play during an altercation.
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 22:01 - Dec 20 with 3228 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 17:51 - Dec 20 by monmouth

I agree as well.

How many of the starting eleven are Swansea products ?
The keeper...?
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 22:03]

Beware of the Risen People

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 22:43 - Dec 20 with 3122 viewsjasper_T

If the first team was struggling due to lack of investment maybe I could understand the moaning about how much money we've "wasted" on young players.

But in reality spending on the first team (fees and wages) utterly dwarfs anything spent on the u23s, u18s and academy, and we're struggling because that money has been spent on poor and/or poorly-utilised players. A few extra million wouldn't have kept us from the current situation.

I don't see how it's a waste of time, either. Our first team staff wouldn't give the youth teams the time of day. Spending a little time watching what Toshack & co have accomplished would be good for our embarrassing senior setup.
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 23:11 - Dec 20 with 3047 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 22:43 - Dec 20 by jasper_T

If the first team was struggling due to lack of investment maybe I could understand the moaning about how much money we've "wasted" on young players.

But in reality spending on the first team (fees and wages) utterly dwarfs anything spent on the u23s, u18s and academy, and we're struggling because that money has been spent on poor and/or poorly-utilised players. A few extra million wouldn't have kept us from the current situation.

I don't see how it's a waste of time, either. Our first team staff wouldn't give the youth teams the time of day. Spending a little time watching what Toshack & co have accomplished would be good for our embarrassing senior setup.

I guess the £15million invested in the set up of the Academy looks a pretty poor investment, as not a single meaningful player has yet been produced for our first team.

With that money, we could have got a new right back and a winger or two for example. That matters when you are bottom of the league. Its a choice.

Also the local lads are not being developed as the club seems to bring in the likes of Grimes, Gorre, Barrow, Oli, and the half a dozen or so Falkirk signings. And we play a 40 year old German keeper. Most would prefer for the academy coaches to do better and work harder to develop the proper Swansea area young players. It looks lazy and smug from here.

I would love to see 3 or 4 Swansea boys in our match day squads. People want players who want to play for our club.

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 23:30 - Dec 20 with 3020 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 23:11 - Dec 20 by Kilkennyjack

I guess the £15million invested in the set up of the Academy looks a pretty poor investment, as not a single meaningful player has yet been produced for our first team.

With that money, we could have got a new right back and a winger or two for example. That matters when you are bottom of the league. Its a choice.

Also the local lads are not being developed as the club seems to bring in the likes of Grimes, Gorre, Barrow, Oli, and the half a dozen or so Falkirk signings. And we play a 40 year old German keeper. Most would prefer for the academy coaches to do better and work harder to develop the proper Swansea area young players. It looks lazy and smug from here.

I would love to see 3 or 4 Swansea boys in our match day squads. People want players who want to play for our club.

So the money we received from Joey would effectively cover the capital and set-up costs?

Whereas we spent a similar amount on Clucas.

I don't see the academy being the problem here.
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 23:37 - Dec 20 with 3003 viewsjasper_T

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 23:11 - Dec 20 by Kilkennyjack

How many Premier League clubs have 3 or 4 local products in their matchday squads?

How many Premier League clubs are buying "a new right back and a winger or two" for £15m. Inclusive of the players' wages.
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 23:42 - Dec 20 with 2989 viewsLoyal

Who cares?

I like to see a successful swansea.
You should too.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 06:51 - Dec 21 with 2865 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 23:30 - Dec 20 by LeonWasGod

So the money we received from Joey would effectively cover the capital and set-up costs?

Whereas we spent a similar amount on Clucas.

I don't see the academy being the problem here.

Not really.

Joey made his debut in Jan 2007.
That significantly pre dates the Academy investment.

We could have had both the Joey money and the £15 million we invested in the Academy.

Until the Academy produces first team players then its a waste of money. Simples.

As Joey shows, we used to produce them with less money/no money invested.
Something is very wrong.

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 07:22 - Dec 21 with 2835 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 23:37 - Dec 20 by jasper_T

How many Premier League clubs have 3 or 4 local products in their matchday squads?

How many Premier League clubs are buying "a new right back and a winger or two" for £15m. Inclusive of the players' wages.

Hang on fella...

The £15 million i quote does not include the on going academy running costs and wages.
Lets hope its all sustainable if we go down, eh.....?

Unless you expecting Bale, Messi, and Ronaldo, then £15m should be enough to help strengthen some of our obvious areas of weakness. Dont get me wrong - more money in our team is also needed.

Full back - say, Trippier to Spurs was £3.5 m
Winger - say, James Mclean to WBA, was £1.5 m

Just examples to make the point, but it can be done.

I think Chelsea, man utd, everton, celtic, and even man city have young players breaking through. We have nobody.

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 07:42 - Dec 21 with 2798 viewsmarchamjack

Saw that report recently (cant find it now sorry) that showed our Academy being the 95th most 'successful' out of the 96 Academies in the country in terms of producing 1st team players...

Another example of our thorougly broken club

As Ive said before on here, genuinly couldnt care less at our u23s results. What i do care about is the 1st team players the Academy turns out, and that for a long time has been pss poor. Thats the result people should be bothered about.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 10:32 - Dec 21 with 2710 viewsjasper_T

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 07:42 - Dec 21 by marchamjack

Saw that report recently (cant find it now sorry) that showed our Academy being the 95th most 'successful' out of the 96 Academies in the country in terms of producing 1st team players...

Another example of our thorougly broken club

As Ive said before on here, genuinly couldnt care less at our u23s results. What i do care about is the 1st team players the Academy turns out, and that for a long time has been pss poor. Thats the result people should be bothered about.

The report you are thinking of ranked academies based on how many English players they produced. Three guesses on why that's not a meaningful metric for judging ours.
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 10:39 - Dec 21 with 2691 viewspencoedjack

I'd love our new manager to have some bollocks & start integrating these youngsters into the 1st team squad.

Everton had a couple Monday night, surely (as an example) we have something as good a full back as Naughton in the under 23's.

I know its tough at the bottom of the league, but surely some of these lads are in their early 20's .... if they are not good enough now I fear they never will be.
Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 10:47 - Dec 21 with 2668 viewsjasper_T

Swans U23s V Athletic Bilbao B on 07:22 - Dec 21 by Kilkennyjack

Hang on fella...

The £15 million i quote does not include the on going academy running costs and wages.
Lets hope its all sustainable if we go down, eh.....?

Unless you expecting Bale, Messi, and Ronaldo, then £15m should be enough to help strengthen some of our obvious areas of weakness. Dont get me wrong - more money in our team is also needed.

Full back - say, Trippier to Spurs was £3.5 m
Winger - say, James Mclean to WBA, was £1.5 m

Just examples to make the point, but it can be done.

I think Chelsea, man utd, everton, celtic, and even man city have young players breaking through. We have nobody.

We have no one breaking through because they're not being given chances. Our u23 sides are among the strongest in the UK over the last couple of years (we absolutely battered Celtic's for example) and yet no interest is shown in exposing them to first team football here.

Connor Roberts should have been kept around as backup right and left back ahead of Rangel. George Byers is the form midfielder at the club. Routledge got a game the other day and played exactly as well as expected, when we have Dan James on the books (still recovering from a hernia though to be fair).

Hopefully relegation will open the floodgates. Looks like we'll be losing Rodon and one or two others before that can happen, though. Can't blame them for jumping ship to one where they'll be allowed a turn at the wheel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024