Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's next then lads? 02:48 - Dec 21 with 11234 viewsEU5Makaveli

I actually feel for Clement. A good coach, (knew how to set up a team and backed by the players) done over by the board with no investmest imo. I don't agree with all of his tactical decisions.. i.e Watford, Newcastle at home. But given the current situation who do you think can do a better job? And why?
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 13:14]
Who's next then lads? on 04:02 - Dec 21 with 6310 viewsTheKirkyLife

A lot of people, I'll analyse the ones I believe both make sense and are reasonable.

Alan Curtis - I think I'm correct in saying that Alan is the current holder of most point-per-game as manager of Swansea despite it only being in short bursts. He has been seen to put back together a broken squad and get results. He's rejected the idea of full management before but now that his club is on the brink he may reconsider to try and save us. Would the corrupt chairman and board as well since he would be a cheap option. Would likely see Leon remain as assistant.

Tony Pulis - Apparently, despite being favourite, not even being considered. His CV says it all - never been relegated. Made Stoke a solid mid-table side, saved Crystal Palace, made West Brom a mid-table side for a year. Would do the job I believe AND would want not be bullied in the transfer decisions. Mind you would end any links with Chadli.

Ronald Koeman - Memory is short in football. In three out of four seasons had excellent success with Southampton and Everton so proven Premier League experience is there. Was interested in the past and may want to bounce back quickly from an Everton campaign where he was royally screwed in the transfer market with Giroud not signing thanks to slow negotiations. Another man who would have a point to prove therefore in dealings.

Louis van Gaal - In disbelief he's even being linked but can see the logic. Rafa Benitez went to Newcastle looking at it as a project and is only beginning to regret things now there may be no chance to seriously strengthen in January. Van Gaal has managed some of the top side in Europe AND internationally AND will no doubt have as many links if not more than Clement. On top of this he loves giving youth a go which could see the U23s given a much better shot in the first team. He didn't do terribly at United, just not good enough - I reckon he could save us. Also, might very well bring in Giggs once more as assistant giving us the best of both worlds - experienced manager, Giggs' experience.
Who's next then lads? on 07:40 - Dec 21 with 6137 viewsymaohyd

To give ourselves the best chance of staying up - Pulis.

There may be a train of thought that they want to go back to basics, reinstate 'The Swansea Way' and look to make a long term appointment, however relegation would probably follow. Haven't a clue who they'd appoint but speculating on how they might see the situation.

There's talk of Leon stepping up! Nice to talk about it, however in the heat of battle, defeat after defeat, I'd hate to see him going through that. Most importantly the structure wouldn't be there to support Leon. If an excellent DOF was in place then the possibilities are there, however the structure at the club is shot to pieces.

So for me Pulis, no BS, shake the club up, football can't be any worse, the players would have a massive kick up the backside.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Who's next then lads? on 07:44 - Dec 21 with 6109 viewsMrSwerve

I think it has to be Koeman. I'd accept Pulis to give the players a kick up the arse this season but going forward I'm not so sure. Koeman is a brilliant manager and we could potentially have a few years of stability under him.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Who's next then lads? on 07:50 - Dec 21 with 6095 viewsyescomeon

A mate said last night that Klinsmann has been linked.

Upthecity!

Who's next then lads? on 08:13 - Dec 21 with 5982 viewsymaohyd

Who's next then lads? on 07:50 - Dec 21 by yescomeon

A mate said last night that Klinsmann has been linked.

That would make some sense with his American connection, however, I think that wise sage of managerial appointments- Landon Donovan despises him.

Who's next then lads? on 08:20 - Dec 21 with 5956 viewsMrSwerve

Who's next then lads? on 08:13 - Dec 21 by ymaohyd

That would make some sense with his American connection, however, I think that wise sage of managerial appointments- Landon Donovan despises him.

Good reason for him to be sent to our basket case of a club then!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Who's next then lads? on 08:25 - Dec 21 with 5925 viewsyescomeon

An appointment like that would hint that Jenkins is on his way, as it's unlikely to be a manager he would chose.

Upthecity!

Who's next then lads? on 08:34 - Dec 21 with 5890 viewsWhiterockin

The timing of the sacking makes me think that someone else other than Pulis in in line and made themselves available. Pulis has been in the frame for weeks and would have been appointed earlier if HJ really wanted him. Someone else has approached the club in the last couple of days. Just my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

Who's next then lads? on 08:42 - Dec 21 with 5849 viewsymaohyd

The worst part about it all is that during the face to face meetings and conference calls in the summer between Alltwen and the States, some tw at decided to play hardball with Everton and more than anyone is probably responsible for where we are. They also appointed Brad Bobley last summer.

Doesn't fill me with confidence!

Who's next then lads? on 10:05 - Dec 21 with 5686 viewsYossarian

I heard Jenkins was in London early yesterday and the suggestion is Jokanovic. But it might also mean.....Harry Rednapp.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Who's next then lads? on 10:06 - Dec 21 with 5675 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Pulis gone from odds on to 9/1.

Favourites now are Koeman and Bilic both at 6/1.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Who's next then lads? on 10:11 - Dec 21 with 5638 viewsLoyal

I'm not sure about lads, but there must be loads of lasses out there with an opinion.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Who's next then lads? on 10:11 - Dec 21 with 5639 viewsWarwickHunt

Who's next then lads? on 10:05 - Dec 21 by Yossarian

I heard Jenkins was in London early yesterday and the suggestion is Jokanovic. But it might also mean.....Harry Rednapp.

'Arry doesnt leave Bournemouth for less than a chauffeur-driven Aston and a monkey in a brown envelope these days so that rules him out.

Jokanovic translates as "novice joker". Been there, done that.

Nothing to see here....
Who's next then lads? on 10:30 - Dec 21 with 5546 viewsshandyjack

I'd be happy with one of Koeman, Van Gaal, Bilic or Jokanovic. Purely on the basis that if they stayed with us I believe they'd bring us back up

Poll: Expectation for the season

Who's next then lads? on 10:30 - Dec 21 with 5548 viewsJango

Who's next then lads? on 10:11 - Dec 21 by WarwickHunt

'Arry doesnt leave Bournemouth for less than a chauffeur-driven Aston and a monkey in a brown envelope these days so that rules him out.

Jokanovic translates as "novice joker". Been there, done that.

Nothing to see here....

Laudrup has been piping up about us last few days. The Americans will see the fact he got us into Europe and won a cup and won’t give 2 f*cks about what Jenkins thinks of him. Could do with some of his signings at the moment to.
Who's next then lads? on 10:34 - Dec 21 with 5515 viewsWarwickHunt

Who's next then lads? on 10:30 - Dec 21 by Jango

Laudrup has been piping up about us last few days. The Americans will see the fact he got us into Europe and won a cup and won’t give 2 f*cks about what Jenkins thinks of him. Could do with some of his signings at the moment to.

He'd insist the devious slimeball Jenkins fücked off first.

Win win - won't happen though.
Who's next then lads? on 10:34 - Dec 21 with 5514 viewsBarrySwan

Koeman, Bilic?

Am I missing something here?

I do realise that the manager thing appears to basically a merry go round of all the same names, but why would a club employ two managers just sacked by other struggling clubs because apparently they were thought to be useless at their jobs there?

I'd also question the contributors who post that Clement was a good coach, but etc etc.

He certainly didn't demonstrate this in my eyes, his teams ( even with what he had) were complete rubbish this season.

But what does add to the dismay for me with a manager of a struggling side is when in interview after interview that they are just spouting nonsensical drivel week after week ( or at least what I consider to be nonsensical drivel)

I appreciate that not everyone has the vocabulary of the great bard but listening to Clements press conferences just depressed me even further.

I suppose just like everyone else every time a necessary managerial sacking occurs we all hope that a new face ( any new face) miraculously results in a sudden massive upturn in form from the same players who have performed so poorly so far this season.

One would have thought that it needs a touch more than that in most cases to turn things around.
Who's next then lads? on 10:36 - Dec 21 with 5494 viewsnantywatcher

Giggs with Curt as an experienced assistant. (I love a debate)
Who's next then lads? on 10:40 - Dec 21 with 5436 viewsPawelAbbott

It will be Peter Houston. Recently sacked as manager of Falkirk.
I don't think our scouting stretches much past Falkirk so must be on the radar for HJ
Who's next then lads? on 10:41 - Dec 21 with 5431 viewshomeiswheretrundleis

Graeme Jones?
Who's next then lads? on 10:46 - Dec 21 with 5386 viewsLegend83

Aitor Karanka and Paulo Fonseca are interesting names on the OddsChecker list, with Fonseca also in his last year of contract with Shaktar.

As low as 12/1 with Sun Bet.
Who's next then lads? on 10:51 - Dec 21 with 5348 viewsJohnw102

Who's next then lads? on 10:36 - Dec 21 by nantywatcher

Giggs with Curt as an experienced assistant. (I love a debate)

Love those mushrooms you have been eating more.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Who's next then lads? on 11:00 - Dec 21 with 5302 viewsbyron

Who's next then lads? on 10:06 - Dec 21 by Joe_bradshaw

Pulis gone from odds on to 9/1.

Favourites now are Koeman and Bilic both at 6/1.

Billic is taking a much needed break from football. No chance he will take on another basket case

Benny

Who's next then lads? on 11:04 - Dec 21 with 5274 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Martin o neill

With an angry Keane in tow

Sort these pampered c@nts out

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Who's next then lads? on 11:08 - Dec 21 with 5241 viewstheloneranger

Ryan Giggs not interested, said he'd talked to Pinnochio but they employed Bob instead.

Swans not interested in talking to Pulis, but are interested in Koeman and Bilic

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024