Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust statement on Clement's sacking 08:49 - Dec 21 with 2397 viewsLandore_Jack

The Swansea City Supporters’ Trust has backed the Club Board decision to part company with Swans Head Coach Paul Clement. It expressed its disappointment that things had not worked out this season for Paul but, with the Club firmly at the bottom of the Premier League it understood the Board’s concern at recent results and the need to turn things around sooner rather than later.

The Trust’s Supporter Director Stuart McDonald has been in discussions with key personnel over this issue during the last 24 hours and fully supported the decision announced earlier this evening. He said ‘Paul took on the Swansea job at a particularly difficult time and no one will forget his efforts in leading us to ‘The Great Escape’ last season. The team has not performed well this season however and ultimately the Swans Board has to take tough decisions in the longer term interests of the Club.
He added ‘The next appointment will be made at a crucial stage of the season and it is important that the right person is chosen with our football ideals in mind and they are provided with every support from all levels at the Club.’

The Swansea City Supporters’ Trust wish to place on record its thanks to Paul for his time in charge at Swansea and sends him our best wishes for his future.”

Swansea City Supporters’ Trust

#backtojack

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 08:53 - Dec 21 with 2362 viewsSoberBaker

"The Trust’s Supporter Director Stuart McDonald has been in discussions with key personnel over this issue during the last 24 hours and fully supported the decision announced earlier this evening"

= He had a text from the cleaner saying 'Clement sacked just so you know'
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 8:54]

AMOW

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 08:56 - Dec 21 with 2335 viewsmonmouth

Hooray! Stu speaks!

Or rather effectively just regurgitates the official statement. But it's something.

Was the Trust Board consulted about the statement.....seeing as it's specifically stated as on behalf of the Trust as a whole..

"The next appointment will be made at a crucial stage of the season and it is important that the right person is chosen with our football ideals in mind"

Unlike the last four appointments by the same bloke then. Is it allowed to mention that at all?

No, of course not.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 09:00 - Dec 21 with 2301 viewsJethroJack

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 08:53 - Dec 21 by SoberBaker

"The Trust’s Supporter Director Stuart McDonald has been in discussions with key personnel over this issue during the last 24 hours and fully supported the decision announced earlier this evening"

= He had a text from the cleaner saying 'Clement sacked just so you know'
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 8:54]

I thought the lady at the till in Tesco's told him Clem had gone.
Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:04 - Dec 21 with 2149 viewsLandore_Jack

So the Trust new about the sacking 24 in advance. However, a statement about the sacking was not released until much later. Alan Lewis decided it would be a good idea to release a different statement about the deal on the same day. When it came to SSN, the Trust thought the best spokesman would be Cath Dyer. Surely, SM or AL should have been the representative? Cath stated that we must trust the board. What a farce!!

#backtojack

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:07 - Dec 21 with 2132 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:04 - Dec 21 by Landore_Jack

So the Trust new about the sacking 24 in advance. However, a statement about the sacking was not released until much later. Alan Lewis decided it would be a good idea to release a different statement about the deal on the same day. When it came to SSN, the Trust thought the best spokesman would be Cath Dyer. Surely, SM or AL should have been the representative? Cath stated that we must trust the board. What a farce!!

Shambles.
Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:10 - Dec 21 with 2113 viewsacejack3065

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:16 - Dec 21 with 2084 viewsAngelRangelQS

Could it be that the Sell Out sympathisers on the Trust knew all along about the takeover, hence their desperation to do a deal with the Yanks and not ruffle any feathers?
Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:18 - Dec 21 with 2078 viewsSmellyplumz

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:16 - Dec 21 by AngelRangelQS

Could it be that the Sell Out sympathisers on the Trust knew all along about the takeover, hence their desperation to do a deal with the Yanks and not ruffle any feathers?

Nay Nay mrs Wilkes ... Huw Cooze looked directly into Phils eyes and told him he knew nowt.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:19 - Dec 21 with 2073 viewsLandore_Jack

One of my fears is that there are skeletons in the closet.

#backtojack

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:25 - Dec 21 with 2042 viewsSmellyplumz

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:19 - Dec 21 by Landore_Jack

One of my fears is that there are skeletons in the closet.

There undoubtedly are skeletons

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:49 - Dec 21 with 1976 viewsWarwickHunt

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:25 - Dec 21 by Smellyplumz

Got one or two on the pitch.
Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:50 - Dec 21 with 1969 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:49 - Dec 21 by WarwickHunt

Only one or two? Happy clapper.
Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 12:28 - Dec 21 with 1907 viewsthornabyswan

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:49 - Dec 21 by WarwickHunt

Bony

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 12:55 - Dec 21 with 1829 viewsLandore_Jack

Why does Stu Mac refuse to address issues related to himself and the Trust?
Why does he refuse to engage with Swans fans (apart from Trust meetings)?
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 12:56]

#backtojack

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 13:18 - Dec 21 with 1760 viewsWhiterockin

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 12:55 - Dec 21 by Landore_Jack

Why does Stu Mac refuse to address issues related to himself and the Trust?
Why does he refuse to engage with Swans fans (apart from Trust meetings)?
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 12:56]

Because he is in the pocket of the board enjoying his hospitality to much.
Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 15:28 - Dec 21 with 1673 viewsswanforthemoney

That's my fear about going for litigation. That the new owners' lawyers might be able to unearth something to weaken our case.
The Trust lawyer says we have a good case, presumably based on what he was told by the trust Board.
If it goes to litigation, if asked in Court by the sellouts lawyer, what if some Board member past or present might remember that possibly they were told something about the takeover, but it slipped their mind to report it to the rest of the Board.

I stand in the North Stand

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 15:32 - Dec 21 with 1653 viewsLegend83

Now we are expected to believe that Cath Dyer "regrets" her "turn of phrase", that she was rushed to make a response by having a mic shoved in her face, and that what she said was not really representative of the opinion of the Board members.

If Stu Mac was aware of the sacking over the last 24 hours why wasn't she briefed properly? Why didn't he front up the media?

It's a total joke.
Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 15:38 - Dec 21 with 1628 viewsLandore_Jack

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 15:32 - Dec 21 by Legend83

Now we are expected to believe that Cath Dyer "regrets" her "turn of phrase", that she was rushed to make a response by having a mic shoved in her face, and that what she said was not really representative of the opinion of the Board members.

If Stu Mac was aware of the sacking over the last 24 hours why wasn't she briefed properly? Why didn't he front up the media?

It's a total joke.

Do you have a link where she regrets her comments?

#backtojack

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 15:46 - Dec 21 with 1593 viewsoldcob

Seems like Ms Dyer has been hung out to dry.
Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 15:52 - Dec 21 with 1575 viewsLegend83

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 15:38 - Dec 21 by Landore_Jack

Do you have a link where she regrets her comments?

Andrew on the other thread:

"Cath's lovely, does a lot of good work particularly on the DSA side, and helps out on the media side because she's the sort of person that likes to help, so I hope that's taken into account with the increasingly personal nature of such discussions. I know she regrets her turn of phrase yesterday. "
Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 16:04 - Dec 21 with 1547 viewsBobby_Fischer

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 15:52 - Dec 21 by Legend83

Andrew on the other thread:

"Cath's lovely, does a lot of good work particularly on the DSA side, and helps out on the media side because she's the sort of person that likes to help, so I hope that's taken into account with the increasingly personal nature of such discussions. I know she regrets her turn of phrase yesterday. "

No offence, but I'm sick of hearing that all these people are "lovely", "top guy", "nice bloke" - that is completely irrelevant.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 16:59 - Dec 21 with 1443 viewsDafyddHuw

Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 11:25 - Dec 21 by Smellyplumz

Skelingtons, shirley?
Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 20:20 - Dec 21 with 1301 viewsJackUlation

Make no bones about it, there are smoke and mirrors.
Trust statement on Clement's sacking on 20:25 - Dec 21 with 1289 viewswhoflungdung

Quite what nice,good,lovely has to do with running a successful business beats me

Give ne orrible,nasty ,straight forward bastards every time

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024