Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter 10:50 - Dec 21 with 3772 viewspencoedjack

To much of a risk ?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/08/graham-potter-ostersund--europa
Potter on 10:55 - Dec 21 with 3740 viewsPrivate_Partz

In view of the state we are in it would be a massive gamble. I could see jenkins going for him though. He would be cheap, a potential 'yes' man and it would go 's long way to saving the Jenkins reputation if it was a success.
No gamble is too great for the self serving one.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Potter on 11:03 - Dec 21 with 3693 viewsAngelRangelQS

I'd like to see us try and go for someone with an eye on the long term but it won't happen because whilst it makes no difference to my life whether I'm watching us in the Premier League, the Championship or the National League, it makes a difference to those who are in charge of the appointments.

It'll be someone to patch things up for the time being in the hope we can stay up before we find ourselves in the same position next season. Just like Sunderland used to do and look what's eventually happened to them.
Potter on 11:35 - Dec 21 with 3595 viewsPintado

Depends if he get Ron Weesly as his number 2, they work well together, but not much chance of getting Hagred as he won’t fit in the dugout.

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

Potter on 13:36 - Dec 21 with 3480 viewsHighjack

Ron's too busy having his wand tickled by hermione to care about anything else.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Potter on 21:22 - Dec 21 with 3281 viewsGowerjack

Might as well appoint Steve Potter

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Potter on 21:24 - Dec 21 with 3251 viewsCooperman

Massive gamble but one I wouldn’t be surprised to see us take.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Potter on 21:24 - Dec 21 with 3249 viewsmax936

Yep right now it would be IMHO, but hey who knows.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Potter on 21:28 - Dec 21 with 3218 viewsDewi1jack

Potter on 21:22 - Dec 21 by Gowerjack

Might as well appoint Steve Potter

Flower potter instead of Beaky?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Potter on 21:34 - Dec 21 with 3178 viewsMrSwerve

I'm sure he'll work his magic.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Potter on 08:46 - Dec 22 with 3013 viewsWark

Swedish ÖFK supporter here. I don't think and certainly don't hope that Graham Potter will leave for Swansea as he's not finished with our club yet. Six years ago when we were in the fourth tier he set a goal of us playing in Europe and winning the Swedish Championship, and here we are, facing Arsenal in EL in February.
Sooner or later though Graham will manage a British club but I hope now is not the time.

Happy holidays and here's to you staying in the Premiership! And if not, I'll meet you in the Championship as I'm a big Ipswich supporter as well. :)
Potter on 08:50 - Dec 22 with 3002 viewsMo_Wives

Potter on 08:46 - Dec 22 by Wark

Swedish ÖFK supporter here. I don't think and certainly don't hope that Graham Potter will leave for Swansea as he's not finished with our club yet. Six years ago when we were in the fourth tier he set a goal of us playing in Europe and winning the Swedish Championship, and here we are, facing Arsenal in EL in February.
Sooner or later though Graham will manage a British club but I hope now is not the time.

Happy holidays and here's to you staying in the Premiership! And if not, I'll meet you in the Championship as I'm a big Ipswich supporter as well. :)

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Potter on 08:55 - Dec 22 with 2977 viewsMo_Wives

Potter on 08:50 - Dec 22 by Mo_Wives

Just heard Huw is prepared to match Potter's current wages and throw in a company car. So forget my last comment.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Potter on 10:25 - Dec 22 with 2875 views34dfgdf54

I’d happily have him. He could have short term boost and keep us in the premier league, or failing that give us fresh impetus next year for an assault on Championship. He’ll need time though.

Jenkins, and rest of the scouting team need to be replaced immediately though, and until that happens we masysaswell just go with Toshack.
Potter on 10:30 - Dec 22 with 2855 viewsShonky

WE are too much of a risk for any one with any ambition beyond a 6 month career in football management.

Its just a ride...

Potter on 10:36 - Dec 22 with 2837 viewscostalotta

Potter on 10:25 - Dec 22 by 34dfgdf54

I’d happily have him. He could have short term boost and keep us in the premier league, or failing that give us fresh impetus next year for an assault on Championship. He’ll need time though.

Jenkins, and rest of the scouting team need to be replaced immediately though, and until that happens we masysaswell just go with Toshack.

Did you feel the same way about Bradley? Different league and vitally a totally different level so an experiment we do not need.
Potter on 10:50 - Dec 22 with 2799 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I know money talks but if I was him I’d stay well away

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Potter on 10:53 - Dec 22 with 2786 views34dfgdf54

Potter on 10:36 - Dec 22 by costalotta

Did you feel the same way about Bradley? Different league and vitally a totally different level so an experiment we do not need.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Potter has been alot more successful than Bradley. I may be wrong. You have a valid point all the same though.
Potter on 14:50 - Dec 22 with 2573 viewsnyc_swans

This guy is my top choice. He is the kind of manager you want in the Championship. he has already won promotions in the past, albeit in sweden, but he knows how to do it. he plays a progressive style. young and with a point to prove.

i think he will be snapped up by a championship club, but probably too unknown to get a premier league job, so this job might be the limit for him right now.

if the club brings in a firefighter and by some miracle he gets them to stay up, it will be the same all over. this guy seems different to me.
Potter on 15:38 - Dec 22 with 2495 viewsBytholWyn

Appointing Potter would be a gamble for sure - but the right sort of gamble. His man-management skills are right up there with the very best. You only have to look how he's transformed the careers of cast-offs and trouble makers at other clubs. His footballing philosophy - possession-based but counter-attacking - should suit us as well.

Appointing Potter would be a way of us rediscovering our soul. It might not work - but it's exactly the sort of appointment (such as Martinez or Rodgers) that got us into the Premier League in the first place.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41902664

https://chanceanalytics.com/2017/11/04/a-look-at-graham-potter-and-his-exciting-

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024