Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? 14:08 - Dec 23 with 2475 viewsSpearchucker_Jones

Hello everyone

I’ve been a lurker for a while on this forum, but after events of the last few weeks I thought I’d take the plunge and sign up.

Tin hat on (probably going to need a steel one, and some kevlar) in advance of any potential responses.

This is a cheeky post I appreciate, but combining somewhat E20’s recent 'Vote of No Confidence thread' and MattG's 'SCSA Demand Second Vote on Trust Share Sale' thread, and also echoing the comments made principally by wobbly in the former and Shaky in both (and apologies if there are already developing plans in place), isn't there merit in trying to see if proxy votes from Trust members can be coordinated and collected in advance of the forthcoming Trust AGM to effect the necessary changes to the Trust Board to either stop the sale of shares entirely (if it doesn't take place in advance of this) or as a minimum return to members for another vote?

I don't have a corporate or legal background, so peeps with these particular skill sets will be able to gainsay me, but I understand it's been established there is a lower voting threshold (out of approx. 1100 - 1200 members) at an AGM rather than EGM, and given the recent creation of the SCSA combined with what seems to be growing coordination between it, the Supporters' Union and forums like (obviously) Planet Swans and The Jack Army etc etc, would it be that difficult to gather the required numbers across them all (time being the biggest threat)?

I understand there's plenty of devil in the detail, but assuming (rightly or wrongly, again please clarify) someone with a legal background can advise on the written form the proxies have to take, some kind volunteer (or three) to act as a point of collation, I'm supposing emails and letters re the above so hopefully not too onerous, and the brass from the aforementioned organisations can encourage submissions as well as gathering in advance to decide strategy at the AGM and who will act as representatives etc, with input and guidance (rising to being there on the night itself) from those with the requisite experience in this sort of meeting / action.

I'm not going to discuss the reasons why here as they've already been well-documented.

Briefly in terms of pottery barn rules / replacements, I don’t think this would be a significant issue - for example 15 applied for the four recent vacancies - and could be planned for in advance.

And past this there's the benefits of a Trust Board with a different membership (depending on who the new members were!).
Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 17:46 - Dec 23 with 2411 viewsdobjack2

No person other than the chair can act as a proxy for more than 3 members. So it would need a fair bit of work
Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 08:34 - Dec 24 with 2310 viewsShaky

Thanks very much for taking the initiative on this. It think it is definitely worth a shot even in the apparent absence of any official support from the various supporters groups that have sprung up, because it is the right thing to do.

As I see it the following is needed.

1. Obviously people need to join the Trust if not already members. Today. A tenner is a small price to set the fanbase collectively up for perhaps the next 20 years!

2. Start discussing forming groups of up to 4 people, where one can attend the AGM once a meeting date is known to vote for his buddies. The person attending is known as the proxy holder.

If several friends in the same group can all make the meeting they should split into new groups to to give those who can not attend the best chance of pairing their votes with a proxy holder. This thread or a similar one could act as a focal point for efforts to subdivide into optimally ortganised units.

3. Proxy letter wording. I am not a lawyer but the following should do. Just fill out the square brackets and send it on letter headed paper if you have it.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
FAO The Secretary
Swans Trust,
12 Dynevor Avenue,
Neath,
SA10 7AG

[Insert Date of letter]

PROXY FOR ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF SWANSEA CITY SUPPORTERS TRUST

I, [insert name and address ____________________} certify that I am a member of the Swansea City Supporters Trust ([**delete as appropriate --> membership ID/registered email address] [insert as applicable__________]) , and I hereby appoint [insert name and address of proxy holder________________________] proxy with full power of substitution and revocation, to attend and represent me at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Swansea City Supporters Trust to be held on [insert date______________]

[insert name of proxy holder ________________________ ] may vote on my behalf on any question, resolution, proposition, or any other business that may come before the body upon which I would be entitled to vote if I were present. This proxy shall be considered null and void if I personally attend the above mentioned meeting.

Signed:

_______________________ ______________
Member Name/Signature/Date

Witness Name/Signature/Date

Witness Address

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

4. At the very latest 2 days prior to the AGM the proxy filings need to have been received by the Trust.

This address looks like the right one to me:

Swans Trust,
12 Dynevor Avenue,
Neath,
SA10 7AG

Don't hand them in too early as plans could always change rendering somebody unable to attend. But although it is hard to gauge how much support this initiative will garner don't leave it to the last minute either. The Trust secretary necessarily needs some time to process this stuff.

5. There are other elements of the strategy I have discussed with wobbly that are not for the open forum, but the attendance of informed well-articulated individuals like Spratty to speak is essential to this coming off. The more the merrier, but try to stay concise ;-)

6. Don't let the meeting get rowdy. Striking the right balance between voicing your opinion and getting things done is essential, otherwise there are potentially procedural devices such as adjourning the meeting available to the Trust board that could allow them to slip the net.

7. We traditionally go away for a New Year holiday so no chance I will be attending. However, I am contactable in the usual ways, and additionally enthused by the SCSA meejah campaign I have ventured on to Twitter where anybody is free to connect with me @ShakyIsHere (**Note ease of jargon use)

8. Bony, any chance of making this a sticky?

9. Good luck and let's hope 2018 is a happier one for all Swansea fans
[Post edited 26 Dec 2017 8:11]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 12:19 - Dec 24 with 2204 viewsShaky

There's a lot of exceitement on Twitter already - ok my gaff mainly - regarding this exciting new multimedia phenomenon.

See #ActionAGM18 which narrowly won out over Swansea City Action Group #SCAG - me #SCAG_head

Anybody know why my link hasn't automatically been shortened?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 14:30 - Dec 24 with 2138 viewsSpearchucker_Jones

dobjack2, Shaky, cheers for the replies, and I've had a proper look at the model rules.

Yep it would require a fair bit of effort in the background but I think it's worth it as obviously you potentially quadruple the voting powers of members in attendance.

Great stuff Shaky on the template proxy letter and accompanying strategy.

I'm a member, happy to hand my vote over to another, or while I don't live in Swansea, I'm hoping to attend and equally happy to go in clutching votes for (up to three) others.

(whomever is in the managerial post come January 1 should be playing that track to Jenkins for signings!)
Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 15:05 - Dec 24 with 2109 viewsShaky

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 14:30 - Dec 24 by Spearchucker_Jones

dobjack2, Shaky, cheers for the replies, and I've had a proper look at the model rules.

Yep it would require a fair bit of effort in the background but I think it's worth it as obviously you potentially quadruple the voting powers of members in attendance.

Great stuff Shaky on the template proxy letter and accompanying strategy.

I'm a member, happy to hand my vote over to another, or while I don't live in Swansea, I'm hoping to attend and equally happy to go in clutching votes for (up to three) others.

(whomever is in the managerial post come January 1 should be playing that track to Jenkins for signings!)

Good stuff.

As the momentum in this fledgeling grassroots powerhouse grows, we should have a low key Masonic style way of recognising and greeting our fellow brothers:

[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 15:06]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 12:23 - Dec 25 with 1932 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 13:24 - Dec 25 with 1881 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I don’t think I’ve ever had a membership number of the Trust. I’ve never been asked to prove my membership at any Trust forum that I’ve attended either. Having said that I’ve never attended an AGM so I don’t know whether membership is checked in order to attend.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 08:08 - Dec 26 with 1693 viewsShaky

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 13:24 - Dec 25 by Joe_bradshaw

I don’t think I’ve ever had a membership number of the Trust. I’ve never been asked to prove my membership at any Trust forum that I’ve attended either. Having said that I’ve never attended an AGM so I don’t know whether membership is checked in order to attend.

Thanks JB, good feedback.

As I understand it there should be some sort of membership number/ID attached to members' notrional ownership of a share in the Trust.

In practice I can imagine this is a huge administrative headache to manage, and I don't blame anybody if the process isn't working.

In any case if you have no ID as such leave it out, and instead include your email address which is quite possibly being used as a database key in that way instead.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 08:15 - Dec 26 with 1683 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 10:17 - Dec 26 with 1608 viewsMattG

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 13:24 - Dec 25 by Joe_bradshaw

There were name and address checks at the last few Forums I attended.
Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 10:38 - Dec 26 with 1586 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 10:46 - Dec 26 with 1570 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 10:17 - Dec 26 by MattG

There were name and address checks at the last few Forums I attended.

I haven’t been to one since the one where Huw Cooze announced the sale behind his back so that’s a while ago. I had been to a few prior to that and never asked for any proof of membership.

Clearly they’ve tightened up a bit although unless they check against a database at entry it doesn’t amount to much.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 10:49 - Dec 26 with 1567 viewsShaky

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 10:38 - Dec 26 by Shaky

. . .something wrong with this board's Tweet embedding engine clearly.

So to those for whom Twitter is a mystery, here is direct access to the missive of the spiritual master that is @DalaiLama

Misology -- It's a bitch

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 10:52 - Dec 26 with 1559 viewsMattG

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 10:46 - Dec 26 by Joe_bradshaw

I haven’t been to one since the one where Huw Cooze announced the sale behind his back so that’s a while ago. I had been to a few prior to that and never asked for any proof of membership.

Clearly they’ve tightened up a bit although unless they check against a database at entry it doesn’t amount to much.

That's what was done. Alan Lewis was (still is?) in charge of membership and provided an Excel copy of the database for checking against.
Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 09:16 - Dec 27 with 1416 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch

Pooling Trust member proxies in advance of AGM...? on 08:06 - Jan 3 with 1275 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024