Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gravy 07:34 - Dec 24 with 4677 viewsKinsey

I’m interested to hear how you all make your gravy?

Any tips or tricks you use?

I’m very traditional when it comes to gravy. You can’t beat proper home made gravy. Unlike the usual crap offered in restaurants.

That’s why I will never go to a restaurant for Xmas dinner. To me it’s what makes the dinner.
Gravy on 07:49 - Dec 24 with 2674 viewsswanjackal

Granules in jug, boiling water added....voila!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Gravy on 07:51 - Dec 24 with 2670 viewsKinsey

Gravy on 07:49 - Dec 24 by swanjackal

😂😂perish the thought! 😂😂
Gravy on 08:10 - Dec 24 with 2658 viewsswanjackal

Gravy on 07:51 - Dec 24 by Kinsey

😂😂perish the thought! 😂😂

I do tell a fib though, I don't actually do that method. Mainly because we are very traditional in my household............I leave all the cooking to the wife .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Gravy on 08:11 - Dec 24 with 2657 viewsKinsey

Gravy on 08:10 - Dec 24 by swanjackal

I do tell a fib though, I don't actually do that method. Mainly because we are very traditional in my household............I leave all the cooking to the wife .

I like your style!
Gravy on 09:05 - Dec 24 with 2633 viewsepaul

The gravy makes the dinner and is the most important part of the meal imo, meat juices with 2 spoonfuls of flour, mix, keep the veg water, careful not to much carrot water as it's quite sweet, spoonful or two o gravy granules, bring to boil and let thicken, add cornflour if needed to thicken further. Bit of gravy browning

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Gravy on 09:28 - Dec 24 with 2602 viewsKinsey

Gravy on 09:05 - Dec 24 by epaul

The gravy makes the dinner and is the most important part of the meal imo, meat juices with 2 spoonfuls of flour, mix, keep the veg water, careful not to much carrot water as it's quite sweet, spoonful or two o gravy granules, bring to boil and let thicken, add cornflour if needed to thicken further. Bit of gravy browning

Similar to me.

Load of meat juices, flour TIL a thick paste.

My secret is this though. In the week before Xmas, I boil off a few pans of sprouts and swede, and throw them out but keep the water and refrigerate ready for Xmas day.

Bloody stunning!
Gravy on 09:33 - Dec 24 with 2593 viewsSoberBaker

Gravy on 07:49 - Dec 24 by swanjackal

Chav!

I use the boiling veg water for my granules 💪

AMOW

Gravy on 09:48 - Dec 24 with 2578 viewsMo_Wives

Gravy on 09:33 - Dec 24 by SoberBaker

Chav!

I keep that to throw in the face of any Christmas carolers

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Login to get fewer ads

Gravy on 10:21 - Dec 24 with 2553 viewsBanosswan

Gravy on 09:28 - Dec 24 by Kinsey

Similar to me.

Load of meat juices, flour TIL a thick paste.

My secret is this though. In the week before Xmas, I boil off a few pans of sprouts and swede, and throw them out but keep the water and refrigerate ready for Xmas day.

Bloody stunning!

You waste sprouts! Heathen.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Gravy on 10:24 - Dec 24 with 2552 viewsProfessor

Use a roasting tin with a rack. Put some veg (onion, carrot and
Celery are best) underneath with a small amount of water. Traps all the meat juices without burning. When meat is resting remove the veg, thicken with plain flour over heat. Add a splash of red wine (cider also good with pork). Add some veg water and season. I usually add an oxo cube too. Lots of thick, tasty gravy.
Gravy on 10:48 - Dec 24 with 2539 viewsHighjack

Cook the gravy upside down.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gravy on 11:27 - Dec 24 with 2504 viewsjack2jack

Turkey fat ,in a cooking tin,mix a bit of veg water with that add OXO cube and some cornflour(premix with cold water to avoid lumps),mix till smooth,add salt and pepper to taste,add more veg water as your going along to make enough for everyone.
Seems to work for me anyway,everyone's got their own way of doing it,no right or wrong way what ever floats your gravy boat!
Have a good one all YJB's wherever you are.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 11:44]
Gravy on 11:36 - Dec 24 with 2495 viewsKinsey

Gravy on 11:27 - Dec 24 by jack2jack

Turkey fat ,in a cooking tin,mix a bit of veg water with that add OXO cube and some cornflour(premix with cold water to avoid lumps),mix till smooth,add salt and pepper to taste,add more veg water as your going along to make enough for everyone.
Seems to work for me anyway,everyone's got their own way of doing it,no right or wrong way what ever floats your gravy boat!
Have a good one all YJB's wherever you are.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 11:44]

Same to you man.
Gravy on 12:10 - Dec 24 with 2453 viewsjackal

Pour meat juice into saucepan. When hot add flour to make a paste. Then add water used to boil veg. I boil all the veg in the same water. (at different times of course). Then whisk until it thickens. Salt. pepper and browning to colour.
Gravy on 14:04 - Dec 24 with 2401 viewsswanjackal

Gravy on 09:33 - Dec 24 by SoberBaker

Chav!

I don't eat veg (VEG that is ) so fresh kettle boiled for the win.

Gravy on 17:15 - Dec 24 with 2337 viewsbluenile

And don't mix up the gravy granules with instant coffee....................."This dipstick's even sunk a gravy boat!!"

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Gravy on 17:16 - Dec 24 with 2336 viewsSwanseajill

Some good ways on this thread for gravy.

One tip, invest in a decent whisk for smooth, no lumps. and don't leave the pan at any time whilst cooking gravy.
Gravy on 17:40 - Dec 24 with 2323 viewsN_T_J

KFC are doing a 750ml Christmas size gravy tub!
Gravy on 20:02 - Dec 24 with 2267 viewsFlashberryjack

Supermarket chicken wings, add roughly chopped carrots, celery and onions (skin on) seasoned with salt and black pepper.

Place i n a covered pan and roasted until the wings are well cooked.

Remove from the oven, then strip the chicken meat and skin, discard the bones, then mush everything else with a potato masher.

When mashed add a few large spoons of flour and mix, then place onto the hob and slowly add a light chicken stock whilst stirring until the right consistency is achieved.

Pour through a strainer, and it's done, you can freeze until needed, it's absolutely lovely.

That's what we've got for tomorrow, Merry Christmas everyone

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gravy on 21:55 - Dec 24 with 2225 viewsKinsey

Gravy on 20:02 - Dec 24 by Flashberryjack

Supermarket chicken wings, add roughly chopped carrots, celery and onions (skin on) seasoned with salt and black pepper.

Remove from the oven, then strip the chicken meat and skin, discard the bones, then mush everything else with a potato masher.

When mashed add a few large spoons of flour and mix, then place onto the hob and slowly add a light chicken stock whilst stirring until the right consistency is achieved.

Pour through a strainer, and it's done, you can freeze until needed, it's absolutely lovely.

Now that sounds immense!
Gravy on 21:58 - Dec 24 with 2219 viewsDarran

With only 6 days to go untill 2018 Kinsey wins the gayest fuçking thread of 2017 award.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gravy on 21:59 - Dec 24 with 2217 viewsSoberBaker

Gravy on 20:02 - Dec 24 by Flashberryjack

BOOKMARKS POST!

AMOW

Gravy on 23:13 - Dec 24 with 2177 viewsNogginthenog

Then throw that down the sink and get on the beer, phuck the gravy.
Gravy on 23:46 - Dec 24 with 2158 viewsWarwickHunt

Gravy on 21:58 - Dec 24 by Darran

With only 6 days to go untill 2018 Kinsey wins the gayest fuçking thread of 2017 award.

I'd rather have my back passage invaded by Ron Jeremy than eat fûcking Bisto "gravy."
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 23:49]
Gravy on 23:52 - Dec 24 with 2147 viewsBobby_Fischer

Gravy on 21:58 - Dec 24 by Darran

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024