Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the Trust actually doing anything positive 11:04 - Dec 24 with 2393 viewsswancity

Behind the scenes regarding the need for a re-vote on the share sale?

It's being requested by the Members. The goal posts have moved and we are now favourites to be relegated.

Allegedly now there is not enough in the transfer budget to bring in reinforcements next month? Is this true ?..Trust you will know surely?

And whilst we are it. Can we ask for a review of the allocation of the Contracts to carry out the multi million pound building contracts at Landore and Fairwood? Can this be questioned? Who handled the Contracts and the tendering processes. Come on Trust get your skates on and do something at fooking last.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 11:16 - Dec 24 with 1640 viewsexiledclaseboy

On the share sale, it’s fair to say that there are differing views on the board as to whether a re-vote is necessary or desirable. The findings and recommendations of the sub group made up of lawyers and financial experts which is examining the terms of the deal in great detail will be crucial.

Poll: Tory leader

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 11:23 - Dec 24 with 1623 viewsmonmouth

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 11:16 - Dec 24 by exiledclaseboy

On the share sale, it’s fair to say that there are differing views on the board as to whether a re-vote is necessary or desirable. The findings and recommendations of the sub group made up of lawyers and financial experts which is examining the terms of the deal in great detail will be crucial.

I’m sure the ones not advocating an updated vote with no arm twisting or bias will be questioned very closely as to their reasons for not getting a genuine mandate on updated circumstances. I’d really like to know why they are so determined and keen to push it through, with the potential impact of drag rights, especially on relegation. That is, you are voting for no Trust, at around a quarter of the shares’ true value.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 11:47 - Dec 24 with 1578 viewsswancity

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 11:16 - Dec 24 by exiledclaseboy

Ok thanks, I'm hopeful that another vote will be approved. As this time, the outcome is going to be different. You still sense that there are some ( influential ) people on the Trust board who don't want to rock the boat for a multitude of different reasons..

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 11:56 - Dec 24 with 1556 viewsswancity

Any idea on time scale ? The fact that the Club are now odds on to be relegated means the position has changed from several months ago in any case.

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:06 - Dec 24 with 1538 viewsmonmouth

Many of those pushing it through will have presumably built strong relationships with the sellouts during the ‘good’ times as is natural. Stuart MacDonald too. They will need to tread very carefully to avoid any accusations of a conflict of interest here.

Truth is, we need a whole ‘new’ trust that will take a proper arms length decision.

I’m acutely conscious that I am being nasty to decent people here, and I’m not a nasty person, but we simply can’t have well-meaning conflicted hobbyists taking this decision. Potentially the last meaningful one the Trust will ever take. I’ll say that again..POTENTIALLY THE LAST MEANINGFUL DECISION THE TRUST WILL EVER TAKE.

If they go back to the members, which I hope they do, it cannot be with the mindset of ‘how do we get what we want’ again neither.

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:18 - Dec 24 with 1509 viewsswancity

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:06 - Dec 24 by monmouth

Many of those pushing it through will have presumably built strong relationships with the sellouts during the ‘good’ times as is natural. Stuart MacDonald too. They will need to tread very carefully to avoid any accusations of a conflict of interest here.

Truth is, we need a whole ‘new’ trust that will take a proper arms length decision.

I’m acutely conscious that I am being nasty to decent people here, and I’m not a nasty person, but we simply can’t have well-meaning conflicted hobbyists taking this decision. Potentially the last meaningful one the Trust will ever take. I’ll say that again..POTENTIALLY THE LAST MEANINGFUL DECISION THE TRUST WILL EVER TAKE.

If they go back to the members, which I hope they do, it cannot be with the mindset of ‘how do we get what we want’ again neither.

Yes agree completely. But if they are putting individual friendships and relationships first, which seems to be the case ( looking in from the outside ) then really it's time that they parted Company with the Trust. It's holding back any real dynamic progress. Or any progress at all. It'll be hard for them to accept and admit this and to resign but it's understandable that they will have friendships with these guys who previously did so much good stuff for the Club.

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:23 - Dec 24 with 1498 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 11:56 - Dec 24 by swancity

Any idea on time scale ? The fact that the Club are now odds on to be relegated means the position has changed from several months ago in any case.

I’d imagine it’d will be discussed at the next board meeting in early January. 8th I think.

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:27 - Dec 24 with 1473 viewsShaky

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:06 - Dec 24 by monmouth

Couple of days ago you were foaming at the mouth ready to do anything to stop the deal.

Now you hope the Trust go back to the members.

Dear oh dear.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 12:35]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:28 - Dec 24 with 1473 viewsWhiterockin

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:23 - Dec 24 by exiledclaseboy

I’d imagine it’d will be discussed at the next board meeting in early January. 8th I think.

I implore every trust member to email the trust with their opinion before this date.
Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:28 - Dec 24 with 1468 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:28 - Dec 24 by Whiterockin

I implore every trust member to email the trust with their opinion before this date.

As do I.

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:32 - Dec 24 with 1463 viewsShaky

The problem with the soft influence campaign is that it is neither fish or fowl.

Just like the straw poll demanded at the forum and not given, it does not have any methodological integrity. That means it can be ignored if the prevailing mindset is so inclined.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:33 - Dec 24 with 1457 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:32 - Dec 24 by Shaky

The problem with the soft influence campaign is that it is neither fish or fowl.

Just like the straw poll demanded at the forum and not given, it does not have any methodological integrity. That means it can be ignored if the prevailing mindset is so inclined.

So the trick is to try change and influence the prevailing mindset.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 12:34]

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:35 - Dec 24 with 1449 viewsShaky

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:33 - Dec 24 by exiledclaseboy

So the trick is to try change and influence the prevailing mindset.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 12:34]

**Aspiration

in comparison to obtaining results.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:41 - Dec 24 with 1428 viewsmonmouth

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:27 - Dec 24 by Shaky

Couple of days ago you were foaming at the mouth ready to do anything to stop the deal.

Now you hope the Trust go back to the members.

Dear oh dear.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 12:35]

Never foam, but I’m still all for voting off those up for re-election at the AGM and taking legal action, but I don’t believe the latter should be taken without a vote.

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:43 - Dec 24 with 1420 viewsShaky

You know the other thing i dislike about this calling for another consultation is that it is more fannying about.

Specifically it is a 2 stage process:

1) Call for vote.

-- and if and only when one is announced

2) Call for a rejection of the deal.

Ferchristssake let's have have some directness from all you aspiring Welsh wordsmiths! Cut the fcuking crap.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:45 - Dec 24 with 1409 viewsShaky

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:41 - Dec 24 by monmouth

Never foam, but I’m still all for voting off those up for re-election at the AGM and taking legal action, but I don’t believe the latter should be taken without a vote.

Great.

Many ways to skin a cat here, including kicking off the board members that support pressing ahead with the deal.

#ActionAGM18

Misology -- It's a bitch

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 13:21 - Dec 24 with 1341 viewsJoe_bradshaw

When will we get absolute clarification as to who is in breach of the 12 year rule?

As soon as we get that all those in breach must stand down immediately. Then, depending on numbers, the Trust board as it remains (if in quorum) can discuss whether to go back to the membership.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 13:21 - Dec 24 with 1341 viewsNookiejack

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:45 - Dec 24 by Shaky

Great.

Many ways to skin a cat here, including kicking off the board members that support pressing ahead with the deal.

#ActionAGM18

The thing is Shaky isn't this all just too late.

The leaders of the Trust at the time (Uxbridge etc) )recommended a deal.

They recommended a medium term strategy of taking £5m now, then additional £2.5m if we stayed up for 5 years in PL, with resultant shares being sold, when Yanks then 'flipped' the club and exercised the drag rights. In this scenario Trust would have likely obtained much more than £21m.

Uxbridge even went on record saying he wanted to be goal aligned with the Yanks, sharing in the risks and returns. Uxbridge was obviously the spokesperson for the Trust Board, but that was their collective will. To be goal aligned.

The downside with the recommendation was of course relegation. You then receive £5m plus 16% of Debts less player sales and parachute payments. (Hopefully there will be a surplus). Who knows what the current size of the debts are? You have previously mentioned large Creditors position on the Balance Sheet, but difficult to quantify the latest position, given Published Accounts are historic and not timely.

Stu McDonald will be aware of the latest Creditors position in the Management Accounts - so the Trust keeps assuring us.

The Leaders of the Trust at the tame time were aware that we could be relegated - so now that it is looking like we will be relegated(75% chance) - doesn't this weaken the Trust's position if legal action is eventually taken? Can't the Yanks argue in court that the deal was accepted by Members, on the recommendation of the Trust Board, knowing the club could be relegated and now that it is looking like we will be relegated the Trust then pulls out.

"You can't have your cake and eat it"

Due process was went through and the Members voted for the deal with the Yanks. Too late now given likely relegation.

Isn't this why the remaining leaders of the Trust Board are pressing ahead with the deal? (Probably also thinking have we have not got deep enough pockets if it goes to court).
Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 13:25 - Dec 24 with 1322 viewsShaky

Perhaps your last para is true. But it is not too late.

The question is do people have the courage of their often very vociferous convictions? On here at least!
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 13:26]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 13:33 - Dec 24 with 1291 viewsShaky

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 13:21 - Dec 24 by Joe_bradshaw

When will we get absolute clarification as to who is in breach of the 12 year rule?

As soon as we get that all those in breach must stand down immediately. Then, depending on numbers, the Trust board as it remains (if in quorum) can discuss whether to go back to the membership.

The 12 year rule will be abolished - again - at the next AGM if nobody does anything.

That's the first leg of your conditional steps swept away. What happens then?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 13:34 - Dec 24 with 1286 viewswhoflungdung

I d rather a Board with some noise than a Trust ,Alliance of whatever

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 14:38 - Dec 24 with 1200 viewsSpearchucker_Jones

Nookiejack - the Trust sub-group who are taking another look at the proposed deal may find something that would engender a second vote but I'm not holding out much hope.
Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 15:21 - Dec 24 with 1136 viewsNeathJack

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 12:28 - Dec 24 by exiledclaseboy

As do I.

Has anyone had a response from them?

I emailed my concerns over a week ago and have not had the courtesy of an acknowledgement, let alone a reply.
Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 15:28 - Dec 24 with 1122 viewslonglostjack

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 15:21 - Dec 24 by NeathJack

I emailed my concerns over a week ago and have not had the courtesy of an acknowledgement, let alone a reply.

I received the standard we hope to respond within 48 hrs type thing. That was over a week ago.
I also still have no idea who William 'O' Kelly is, unless I've missed something.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 15:33]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 15:33 - Dec 24 with 1105 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are the Trust actually doing anything positive on 15:21 - Dec 24 by NeathJack

I’ll ask the question about responses (after Christmas though).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024