Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Clement! 22:33 - Dec 26 with 12262 viewsCroftyjack

I feel after tonight that we may just see what the guy brought to us....never really got thrashed under him not by result anyway.
Did he make us ultra defensive to keep us in games with the shit at his disposal and hopefully nick it..we were in most games under him so mayabe just maybe like we were under Guidolin setting up the team knowing what tools he has to use.
What a furkin mess this is and there is no way to save us!
Paul Clement! on 07:51 - Dec 27 with 3982 viewsjack247

Paul Clement! on 07:44 - Dec 27 by STID2017

I cannot understand forvthe life of me why when managers are interviewed for the job they must ask abot how much money they'll have to spend, who controls transfers, and if a player is sold will those funds be released to them to sign decent replacements? Also talk about the coaching side, the scouting side and the infrastructure of the club.
Spend 30 minutes finding all that out then you know exactly what you are letting yourself in for?
The trouble is to be a manager you have to be arrogant and have loads of self-belief.
So ifMonk, Guidolin and Clement didn't ask the basic questions before they started, then they all have themselves to blame if they didn't like what happened with the playing squad etc.
Too much of this mamby pamby, blame someone else, which reflects the way our society in general has gone IMHO

They all more or less know the conditions they are going to be working under. Recent history tells them that. They take the job because they get a fat salary and a pay off when it inevitably goes tits up.
Paul Clement! on 08:24 - Dec 27 with 3961 viewsSTID2017

Paul Clement! on 07:51 - Dec 27 by jack247

They all more or less know the conditions they are going to be working under. Recent history tells them that. They take the job because they get a fat salary and a pay off when it inevitably goes tits up.

In which case they are just as culpible as HJ, the sellouts, the Yanks, the Trust and whoever else we choose to blame.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Paul Clement! on 08:29 - Dec 27 with 3950 viewsjack247

Paul Clement! on 08:24 - Dec 27 by STID2017

In which case they are just as culpible as HJ, the sellouts, the Yanks, the Trust and whoever else we choose to blame.

How do you work that out? They are just being offered a job, taking it, doing it to the best of their ability and eventually getting paid off.
Paul Clement! on 08:39 - Dec 27 with 3938 viewsSTID2017

Paul Clement! on 08:29 - Dec 27 by jack247

How do you work that out? They are just being offered a job, taking it, doing it to the best of their ability and eventually getting paid off.

Hang on either they are innocent lambs told a lot of lies, then when the club sells the best players and signs dross in their place they are left wondering what the hell is happening ?
Or, they are cold calculating individuals who are told that the club will sell off the better players given the opportunity, replace them with players of the club's (not manager's ) choosing and say that's fine and sign up for the 30 pieces of silver ?
If the first applies, then they are gutless for not marching to HJ's door and asking what is happening to all the promises made ?
If the second, then they have just signed up as mercenaries to bleed the club dry, which is no different to the accusations levied and the board and HJ

Paul Clement! on 08:42 - Dec 27 with 3935 viewsmonmouth

I think it has to get quite a bit worse before it can get better. It has taken the best part of 5 years of mismanagement to get us into this state. If I had to bet I would say our future will now mirror Bolton and Blackburn, rudderless, divided and a shell of what was, pining for better days.

Hard to see where this ends up in the longer term now, but in the short term I'd be very surprised if we are not going to league 1. We are a total mess, on and off the field.

Happy New Year.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Paul Clement! on 08:54 - Dec 27 with 3910 viewsjack247

Paul Clement! on 08:39 - Dec 27 by STID2017

Hang on either they are innocent lambs told a lot of lies, then when the club sells the best players and signs dross in their place they are left wondering what the hell is happening ?
Or, they are cold calculating individuals who are told that the club will sell off the better players given the opportunity, replace them with players of the club's (not manager's ) choosing and say that's fine and sign up for the 30 pieces of silver ?
If the first applies, then they are gutless for not marching to HJ's door and asking what is happening to all the promises made ?
If the second, then they have just signed up as mercenaries to bleed the club dry, which is no different to the accusations levied and the board and HJ

Mercenaries to bleed the club dry? Calm down, they are employees. No different to the players.

Would you take the Swansea job on whatever salary Clement was on? Or Guidolin? Or Monk?
Paul Clement! on 08:58 - Dec 27 with 3905 viewsmonmouth

Paul Clement! on 08:54 - Dec 27 by jack247

Mercenaries to bleed the club dry? Calm down, they are employees. No different to the players.

Would you take the Swansea job on whatever salary Clement was on? Or Guidolin? Or Monk?

With the certainty that you'd be paid off if you failed and be a millionaire with a pretty good chance of washing up somewhere else on a merry go round.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Paul Clement! on 09:07 - Dec 27 with 3898 viewsSTID2017

Paul Clement! on 08:54 - Dec 27 by jack247

The only reason Clement waited until he was pushed was because of the massive payoff.
Therefore that does make him a mercenary - the same accusation that has been levied at many of the players.
There are very few ( Curtis until recently, Leon and Rangel ) at the club for the love of it.
Of course managers are there for the money, but they cannot be blameless when either they know the direction a club is going when they sign up, or things happen which are wrong and they don't challenge them.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Clement! on 09:41 - Dec 27 with 3866 viewswhoflungdung

Regardless of what fans hero ,Res , stated on here 'our squad really isn't stronger than last year . Siggy ,as is now obvious! was and is a class player who was a majician for us. llorente less so but he had a presence and could finish .

We ve replaced these with an ageing injury crock in Bony and Sam Clucas .

We ve kept naughton in situ ,got three goalies we don't need and have no captain or leader worthy of the name . Oh and binned Kingsley , a decent enough cover left back

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Paul Clement! on 09:46 - Dec 27 with 3860 viewsjack247

Paul Clement! on 09:07 - Dec 27 by STID2017

The only reason Clement waited until he was pushed was because of the massive payoff.
Therefore that does make him a mercenary - the same accusation that has been levied at many of the players.
There are very few ( Curtis until recently, Leon and Rangel ) at the club for the love of it.
Of course managers are there for the money, but they cannot be blameless when either they know the direction a club is going when they sign up, or things happen which are wrong and they don't challenge them.

Near enough nobody resigns when they are about to be sacked and paid off. It’s the real world.

Of course there are very few at the club for the love of it, they aren’t supporters, it’s their job.
Paul Clement! on 10:06 - Dec 27 with 3816 viewstheloneranger

Curtis, Rangel and Leon might love the club....but where else could they go, and earn the money they earn now....??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Paul Clement! on 10:18 - Dec 27 with 3788 viewsJackFish

Paul Clement! on 08:42 - Dec 27 by monmouth

I think it has to get quite a bit worse before it can get better. It has taken the best part of 5 years of mismanagement to get us into this state. If I had to bet I would say our future will now mirror Bolton and Blackburn, rudderless, divided and a shell of what was, pining for better days.

Hard to see where this ends up in the longer term now, but in the short term I'd be very surprised if we are not going to league 1. We are a total mess, on and off the field.

Happy New Year.

Sadly I think this is right. We look so bad at the moment that we'd definitely struggle in the Championship next season, and that's after we inevitably sell any half-decent players that are still here (probably Fab, Fernandez and Bony as I can't see who would want the rest of the useless pricks). We don't seem to have any coherent plan for how we want to play or which type of players we want to sign.
Paul Clement! on 10:22 - Dec 27 with 3773 viewsMrSwerve

The names you've mentioned there would jump ship at the chance to increase their earnings or success. Indeed Leon already has once, people tend to forget that.

It's a business. There's no loyalty any more. I can't say that I blame them either...if someone offered to triple my salary at a more prosperous workplace for doing the same job, I would too.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Paul Clement! on 14:35 - Dec 27 with 3708 viewsSmellyplumz

Paul Clement! on 22:48 - Dec 26 by swancity

I'm not sure about that. The second half today saw our team just disintegrate before our eyes. I haven't seen that ( such an awful half ) for a long time.

Would we have won that game if Clement was still here? I think we both know the answer to that so it makes no difference.... Lose 5-0 is just as bad as losing 1-0 still no points on the board.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Paul Clement! on 11:56 - Mar 21 with 3347 viewsairedale

Paul is one of the favourites for the Reading job. Isn't he from that neck of the woods?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/next-reading-manager-
Paul Clement! on 14:41 - Mar 21 with 3168 viewsAmbergambler

Paul Clement! on 11:56 - Mar 21 by airedale

Paul is one of the favourites for the Reading job. Isn't he from that neck of the woods?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/next-reading-manager-

Good luck to him

He'll probably do ok at that level
Paul Clement! on 17:58 - Mar 21 with 3066 viewsbuilthjack

Red hot favourite

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Paul Clement! on 18:38 - Mar 21 with 3011 viewsmax936

Paul Clement! on 11:56 - Mar 21 by airedale

Tammy will be there next season then, be ok there I expect.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Paul Clement! on 20:44 - Mar 21 with 2925 viewsTheResurrection

Paul Clement! on 09:41 - Dec 27 by whoflungdung

Regardless of what fans hero ,Res , stated on here 'our squad really isn't stronger than last year . Siggy ,as is now obvious! was and is a class player who was a majician for us. llorente less so but he had a presence and could finish .

We ve replaced these with an ageing injury crock in Bony and Sam Clucas .

We ve kept naughton in situ ,got three goalies we don't need and have no captain or leader worthy of the name . Oh and binned Kingsley , a decent enough cover left back

Great thread with some comical posts, as usual.. Fans hero The Res never let's anyone down and once again STID talking ABSOLUTE BOLLOX

HAHA HAHA 😂 HAHA😂😂😂 WTF was he going on about here?? He's beyond mun. Darren on page one too, it won't come down to goal difference he said *chuckle* He's probably right though 😂😂😂

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Paul Clement! on 08:55 - Mar 22 with 2716 viewsSTID2017

Paul Clement! on 20:44 - Mar 21 by TheResurrection

Great thread with some comical posts, as usual.. Fans hero The Res never let's anyone down and once again STID talking ABSOLUTE BOLLOX

HAHA HAHA 😂 HAHA😂😂😂 WTF was he going on about here?? He's beyond mun. Darren on page one too, it won't come down to goal difference he said *chuckle* He's probably right though 😂😂😂

So you have to dig back to a post (which was correct and on point BTW) which I contributed to in December to have a dig at me ?
The actions of a sad and desperate man who is losing what little credibility they may have had.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 9:04]

Paul Clement! on 10:18 - Mar 22 with 2630 viewsTheResurrection

Paul Clement! on 08:55 - Mar 22 by STID2017

So you have to dig back to a post (which was correct and on point BTW) which I contributed to in December to have a dig at me ?
The actions of a sad and desperate man who is losing what little credibility they may have had.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 9:04]

What was correct and on point about this exactly??? 😂😂😂

And WTF were you on about with mercenaries and whatever other Bullshit.

You are just a comical genius.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Paul Clement! on 10:34 - Mar 22 with 2609 viewsSTID2017

Paul Clement! on 10:18 - Mar 22 by TheResurrection

What was correct and on point about this exactly??? 😂😂😂

And WTF were you on about with mercenaries and whatever other Bullshit.

You are just a comical genius.

I am happy I can bring a little fun and happiness to your sad little life

Paul Clement! on 11:27 - Mar 23 with 2449 viewsLandore_Jack

Reading: Paul Clement named new manager at Championship club

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43499111

#backtojack

Paul Clement! on 11:37 - Mar 23 with 2432 viewsLeonWasGod

Paul Clement! on 11:27 - Mar 23 by Landore_Jack

Reading: Paul Clement named new manager at Championship club

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43499111

Yeah, just seen that the undertaker has moved there. Poor sods! Although they are used to deadly slow football having put up with Stam for a couple of years, so maybe won't be such a shock for them.

Good luck to him though. I always warmed to him as a person, just not his footballing philosophy of parking the bus and not wanting the ball.
Paul Clement! on 12:35 - Mar 23 with 2393 viewsGlyn1

He's a genuinely decent guy, and their chairman worked with him at Chelsea... "Not only has he coached at some of the greatest clubs in Europe...” Nice of him to say so.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024