Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Clement! 22:33 - Dec 26 with 12248 viewsCroftyjack

I feel after tonight that we may just see what the guy brought to us....never really got thrashed under him not by result anyway.
Did he make us ultra defensive to keep us in games with the shit at his disposal and hopefully nick it..we were in most games under him so mayabe just maybe like we were under Guidolin setting up the team knowing what tools he has to use.
What a furkin mess this is and there is no way to save us!
Paul Clement! on 22:35 - Dec 26 with 5046 viewsSmellyplumz

Don't kid yourself today would of been just as bad with Clement still in charge.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Paul Clement! on 22:37 - Dec 26 with 4993 viewsYossarian

I’ve always said that the biggest culprits are the sellouts and the clueless Yanks Crofty. They are responsible for the fact that the club may have lovely facilities, but they are now its funeral pyre. The club is rotten to the core.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Paul Clement! on 22:39 - Dec 26 with 4975 viewsDarran

I don’t think it matters it’s not going to come down to GD.
We’d still be bottom of the League two wins from getting out of the zone if we’d lost 1-0 that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Paul Clement! on 22:39 - Dec 26 with 4976 viewsMrSwerve

We'd have lost 3-0 rather than 5-0. Probably with less shots on goal.

Yay.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Paul Clement! on 22:40 - Dec 26 with 4948 viewsBobby_Fischer

Paul Clement! on 22:39 - Dec 26 by Darran

I don’t think it matters it’s not going to come down to GD.
We’d still be bottom of the League two wins from getting out of the zone if we’d lost 1-0 that.

Two wins and we're safe?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Paul Clement! on 22:41 - Dec 26 with 4930 viewsBloodyhills

We still lost a load of games with Clement though and didn't really look like getting a result in a lots anymore than we did tonight, particularly once the 2nd half got going.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2017 22:43]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Paul Clement! on 22:41 - Dec 26 with 4931 viewsDarran

Paul Clement! on 22:40 - Dec 26 by Bobby_Fischer

Two wins and we're safe?

What?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Paul Clement! on 22:44 - Dec 26 with 4886 viewsBloodyhills

Paul Clement! on 22:40 - Dec 26 by Bobby_Fischer

Two wins and we're safe?

We might need a few more wins than that to be safe at the end of the season. :)

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Clement! on 22:45 - Dec 26 with 4881 viewsBobby_Fischer

Paul Clement! on 22:44 - Dec 26 by Bloodyhills

We might need a few more wins than that to be safe at the end of the season. :)

I know, that didn't translate well

Paul Clement! on 22:48 - Dec 26 with 4844 viewsswancity

Paul Clement! on 22:35 - Dec 26 by Smellyplumz

Don't kid yourself today would of been just as bad with Clement still in charge.

I'm not sure about that. The second half today saw our team just disintegrate before our eyes. I haven't seen that ( such an awful half ) for a long time.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Paul Clement! on 22:56 - Dec 26 with 4785 viewsCroftyjack

Paul Clement! on 22:48 - Dec 26 by swancity

I'm not sure about that. The second half today saw our team just disintegrate before our eyes. I haven't seen that ( such an awful half ) for a long time.

You saw the same as me then...worse than anything under PC and I was up for ridding of him 5 or 6 games back but the point I'm trying to make is he tried to make most of the dross he had and now under LEON tried to be inbetween ie set up under PC but trying to play the same time.
We all been shouting to get back to playing footie but the team is not upto it and PC and Guido knew it.
Both decent managers sold out by the board..the only option is a manager who will do anything to manage in the PL..so this is a manager with no experience whatsoever.
Cat wait to see the boards next move as its crucial but we all really know it wont be the answer.
Paul Clement! on 23:00 - Dec 26 with 4750 viewsBobby_Fischer

We brought on Clucas and Sanches and left Ayew on? Shocking.

Paul Clement! on 23:02 - Dec 26 with 4738 viewsswancity

Paul Clement! on 23:00 - Dec 26 by Bobby_Fischer

We brought on Clucas and Sanches and left Ayew on? Shocking.

Ayew was atrocious and shouldn't play again. Britton needs to explain why he kept him on.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Paul Clement! on 01:06 - Dec 27 with 4564 viewsSwanseaman

Last season Clement did really good and got us playing quite well by the end of the season. He wanted to keep hold of Sigurdsson and Llorente but there was never any chance of that happening.

He was given Boyd as a replacement: probably a Jenkins signing. Also Abraham: a very good loan signing but not consistent. And the one signing which would have been Clements: Sanches, who hasn't shown much at all only lack of confidence.

Apart from some not so good team selections, and substitutions, I think Clement got the best out of the players he had available that any other manager could have. If we had kept hold of Sigurdsson and Llorente I believe that we would be comfortably mid table now and playing with a lot more confidence.

He is a very good manager on his day, but he was let down by our club that's for sure. If he was working for a better run club with more experienced owners, he'd have done a lot better than he did this season with us..

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Paul Clement! on 01:14 - Dec 27 with 4531 viewsjasper_T

Swansea fans have remarkably short memories.

He was out of ideas and his depth. Useless this season. Should've gone months ago.
Paul Clement! on 01:24 - Dec 27 with 4504 viewsSwanseaman

If we had kept Sigurdsson and Llorente, we'd have been comfotably mid table with Clement this season.

The blame lies with those who sold them on, but didn't replace like with like. Clement had little chance of doing well this season.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Paul Clement! on 01:32 - Dec 27 with 4483 viewsjasper_T

Paul Clement! on 01:24 - Dec 27 by Swanseaman

If we had kept Sigurdsson and Llorente, we'd have been comfotably mid table with Clement this season.

The blame lies with those who sold them on, but didn't replace like with like. Clement had little chance of doing well this season.

Nah.

We weren't anything special back end of last season, either. Most of our points came in his first month (when teams were shocked we could suddenly defend) and at the end when most of our opposition didn't have anything to play for.

We'd still be in the relegation zone playing shit football, like we were most of last season.
Paul Clement! on 01:32 - Dec 27 with 4480 viewsLoyal

Paul Clement! on 01:14 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Swansea fans have remarkably short memories.

He was out of ideas and his depth. Useless this season. Should've gone months ago.

Or stayed for the season ?
Burnley went down and kept their manager.
He brought them back-up.
And surprisingly he is the same one they have today.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Paul Clement! on 01:35 - Dec 27 with 4470 viewsjasper_T

Paul Clement! on 01:32 - Dec 27 by Loyal

Or stayed for the season ?
Burnley went down and kept their manager.
He brought them back-up.
And surprisingly he is the same one they have today.

Players actually like Sean Dyche though. No one can stand Clement.
Paul Clement! on 01:38 - Dec 27 with 4454 viewsLoyal

Paul Clement! on 01:35 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Players actually like Sean Dyche though. No one can stand Clement.

Ive not read or heard that.
The only reaction I've heard is Leon Britton saying he was bitterly disappointed and he felt he was a tremendous coach, which was never in doubt IMO.
However, with the squad he was given, well, you know the saying about polishing turds.
This goes far deeper than Paul Clement.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Paul Clement! on 01:49 - Dec 27 with 4425 viewsSwanseaman

Paul Clement! on 01:32 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Nah.

We weren't anything special back end of last season, either. Most of our points came in his first month (when teams were shocked we could suddenly defend) and at the end when most of our opposition didn't have anything to play for.

We'd still be in the relegation zone playing shit football, like we were most of last season.

If we had kept Sigurdsson and Llorente, we would have been comfortably mid table with Clement.

Not my opinion, it's statistically where we'd be.

Clement has had us play quite well against a lot of teams this season, but we've been unable to score the goals..
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 1:56]

Paul Clement! on 01:50 - Dec 27 with 4419 viewsLeonWasGod

Paul Clement! on 01:32 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Nah.

Bad at the back end of last season...except for winning 4 and drawing 1 of the last 5. How I’d love for us to be so unspecial again.

Of course Llorente scored in 4 of those games and Siggy got us a point in the other game at Urnited. Papering over the cracks big time those two were. You can see why they wanted to go.
Paul Clement! on 07:19 - Dec 27 with 4239 viewsRevJames

There's still a poll on the front page of PS asking if Paul Clement should be sacked.

Just saying.....
Paul Clement! on 07:19 - Dec 27 with 4236 viewsjack247

We’d have probably lost by less but also got beaten by Palace.

I don’t think anyone is claiming Leon is the answer. Clement certainly wasn’t.
Paul Clement! on 07:44 - Dec 27 with 4180 viewsSTID2017

I cannot understand forvthe life of me why when managers are interviewed for the job they must ask abot how much money they'll have to spend, who controls transfers, and if a player is sold will those funds be released to them to sign decent replacements? Also talk about the coaching side, the scouting side and the infrastructure of the club.
Spend 30 minutes finding all that out then you know exactly what you are letting yourself in for?
The trouble is to be a manager you have to be arrogant and have loads of self-belief.
So ifMonk, Guidolin and Clement didn't ask the basic questions before they started, then they all have themselves to blame if they didn't like what happened with the playing squad etc.
Too much of this mamby pamby, blame someone else, which reflects the way our society in general has gone IMHO

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024