Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. 12:42 - Dec 27 with 2950 viewsSwanseaman

When I heard we we selling to the Americans, I could not understand it. Huw Jenkind and the board made promises after they bought the club from Tony Petty, saying that our club would never again be put in the hands of anyone who wasn't Swansea at heart. Never again would anyone like Neil McClure or Tony Petty take over our club.

But now we have gone back to being a badly run club again, the promises we were given were just talk. It's unreal why we were sold out for money causing the loss of our identity and resulting in so many really bad decisions. We are now being run like a conference club. At a matter of fact there are probably a lot of conference or league of Wales clubs who are being run better than us. The Americas have been and still are way out of their depths..

When they sacked Clement, once again I could not understand why they did not have a replacement in place, why they didn't have someone ready to take charge.

[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 12:44]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 12:46 - Dec 27 with 2455 viewsNeath_Jack

It would be good if someone could drag up some quotes from Jenkins from that time, saying about it never being in the hands of shysters again.

Can tag it onto his taking us to the next level quotes.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 12:55 - Dec 27 with 2429 viewsdobjack2

Sorry we were not doing really well before the Americans came in.

The club was being run on foundations of sand. There appears to be little change in the way that we’ve been run since they came in. No additional investment in the club, but the former shareholders have a lot more money and we have more consultants.

Selling our best players and bringing in inadequate replacements at the end of Transfer Windows whilst losing our style of play has been the theme since Laudrup left.
We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 12:59 - Dec 27 with 2405 viewsSwanseaman

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 12:55 - Dec 27 by dobjack2

Sorry we were not doing really well before the Americans came in.

The club was being run on foundations of sand. There appears to be little change in the way that we’ve been run since they came in. No additional investment in the club, but the former shareholders have a lot more money and we have more consultants.

Selling our best players and bringing in inadequate replacements at the end of Transfer Windows whilst losing our style of play has been the theme since Laudrup left.

Far far worse since the Americans...

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 13:12 - Dec 27 with 2317 viewsdobjack2

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 12:59 - Dec 27 by Swanseaman

Far far worse since the Americans...

I think that because the Americans haven’t changed anything our appalling transfer policy and the consequences of repeating it window after window have finally got to a point of no return.

It’s not what they’ve done but what they haven’t done.
We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 13:19 - Dec 27 with 2276 viewsjasper_T

The only things the Americans can really be blamed for is not sacking Huw Jenkins immediately, and hiring Bob Bradley (and even then Huw wanted Giggs which could've been even worse).
We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 13:20 - Dec 27 with 2272 viewsjacksfullaces

they must have thought they were buying a well run ship that they could make a few commercial tweaks to for a few years and cream off extra profits with minimum input.

how quickly they realised that was not the case would be interesting to know, and whether they have given any indication as to whether it wasn't quite the investment they were sold via jenkins et al

it would also be genuinely interesting to know what jenkins was referring to in the last programme notes that these hedge funders would do that he and his cronies were incapbable of. it certainly wasn't any additional funds, so what was it? that is what he needs to front up to the media and answer.
We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 13:25 - Dec 27 with 2244 viewsSwanseaman

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 13:12 - Dec 27 by dobjack2

I think that because the Americans haven’t changed anything our appalling transfer policy and the consequences of repeating it window after window have finally got to a point of no return.

It’s not what they’ve done but what they haven’t done.

Getting in Bob Bradley was a huge inexperienced call by the Americans. If it wasn't for having Sigurdsson and Llorente plus Leon Britton we would have gone down for certain last season.

How long the Americas took to sell Sigurdsson in order to squeeze all the extra they could from Everton. No replacements in place for a pre-season. Good players we were after (and needed) but failed because the Americans wouldn't pay the prices needed to secure them.

It wasn't all great before they came in, but it's dire now.. :(

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 13:29 - Dec 27 with 2224 viewsTheFranchise

I bet they can't sack Jenkins, there must be something in the contract.

No way do they think that getting relegated is good for business.

We haven't been well run since someone started interfering with Laudrup's player recruitment.

Even under the previous ownership we never really took advantage of our unique geographical position.

The American owners are still unknown quantities, they may own the ship but they aren't the ones steering it into an iceberg.
Login to get fewer ads

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 13:34 - Dec 27 with 2188 viewsSwanseaman

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 13:19 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

The only things the Americans can really be blamed for is not sacking Huw Jenkins immediately, and hiring Bob Bradley (and even then Huw wanted Giggs which could've been even worse).

When Tony Petty came in, in order to make money for himself he started selling off our best players. It's odd that the Americans come in and do the same thing. They seemed desperate to get as much as they could from the Sigurdsson sale. There were no messages of 'he's not for sale for any money' or anything like that, they wanted him out and money in.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 13:35]

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 13:40 - Dec 27 with 2164 viewsdobjack2

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 13:25 - Dec 27 by Swanseaman

Getting in Bob Bradley was a huge inexperienced call by the Americans. If it wasn't for having Sigurdsson and Llorente plus Leon Britton we would have gone down for certain last season.

How long the Americas took to sell Sigurdsson in order to squeeze all the extra they could from Everton. No replacements in place for a pre-season. Good players we were after (and needed) but failed because the Americans wouldn't pay the prices needed to secure them.

It wasn't all great before they came in, but it's dire now.. :(

Agree but I also think that we would have behaved in a similar way over Gylfi if they weren’t here.

Bradley gives an insight into their mindset- anyone could manage the club.
We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 14:53 - Dec 27 with 2069 viewsjasper_T

There was no way we were keeping Gylfi regardless of the ownership situation. Jenkins always sold our best players when good money was on the table.

He'd been desperate to leave for a year before Everton's offer came in.
We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 15:02 - Dec 27 with 2038 viewsSwanseaman

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 14:53 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

There was no way we were keeping Gylfi regardless of the ownership situation. Jenkins always sold our best players when good money was on the table.

He'd been desperate to leave for a year before Everton's offer came in.

We have had offers for Sigurdsson turned down by Jenkins previously. I'm sure I remember thinking that we would sell him, but the message was put out there that he's not for sale.

There was none of that at the end of last season, the Americans had decided to cash in on him and that was that. I don't think it was a Jenkins decision..
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 15:10]

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 15:08 - Dec 27 with 2006 viewsbyron

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 12:46 - Dec 27 by Neath_Jack

It would be good if someone could drag up some quotes from Jenkins from that time, saying about it never being in the hands of shysters again.

Can tag it onto his taking us to the next level quotes.

The next level was obv a bull s smokescreen which basically meant Jenkins and co could bank millions and still get paid by the club. I know city fans who were buzzing on the announcement as they knew it would be the trigger fir your downfall. Recall seeing jack posters gloating about it without see8ng it fir what it really was. Being locally owned by fans too, doesn’t get better does it?

Benny

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 15:12 - Dec 27 with 1994 viewsjasper_T

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 15:02 - Dec 27 by Swanseaman

We have had offers for Sigurdsson turned down by Jenkins previously. I'm sure I remember thinking that we would sell him, but the message was put out there that he's not for sale.

There was none of that at the end of last season, the Americans had decided to cash in on him and that was that. I don't think it was a Jenkins decision..

Gylfi was on strike all summer. He was never going to stay after the club betrayed him the year before.
We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 15:13 - Dec 27 with 1991 viewsdobjack2

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 15:02 - Dec 27 by Swanseaman

It seems clear that he wanted out and that there was no money to rebuild the team. Next level my @rse.

The deal took too long to negotiate and after that we were too slow in recruiting players who could replace his goals and assists. So slow that we didn’t get anyone. We sold Llorente and got Bony in at the last minute, the mcburnie loan deal ran out of time along with the Yiadom deal.

Can’t blame the Americans for all of that.
We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 15:14 - Dec 27 with 1992 viewsSwanseaman

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 15:08 - Dec 27 by byron

The next level was obv a bull s smokescreen which basically meant Jenkins and co could bank millions and still get paid by the club. I know city fans who were buzzing on the announcement as they knew it would be the trigger fir your downfall. Recall seeing jack posters gloating about it without see8ng it fir what it really was. Being locally owned by fans too, doesn’t get better does it?

Loads of Cardiff fans were saying we would implode after selling to the Americans

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 15:25 - Dec 27 with 1944 viewsicecoldjack

Everything was geared up to making the club look a good investment to the outside. Not saying the yanks were hoodwinked but I bet they thought the ownership period would be smoother !

They've pretty much fooked everyone over yet walk the streets here like nothings happened. .quite incredible really.
We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 15:28 - Dec 27 with 1931 viewsQJumpingJack

DC United have been struggling so what chance did they have of making Swansea a success?
The Americans seem completely out of their depth.
We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 17:59 - Dec 27 with 1740 viewsCrazedBison

We were clearly headed on downward trajectory before the American Greed Machine. We need only remember the end of Monk and Guidolin. But, to be fair, the sell-off started that summer after we stayed up with Guidolin. Not to drone on about what we all already know, but we sold off the elder Ayew and Ash. Leading goal scorer and team captain. Then, the following summer we sell our two most potent offensive players in Siggurdsson and Llorente.

Clearly, as many have said, we're getting asset stripped. And I'm sure that it's not just in net transfer window proceeds. I'd imagine our overall player salary has dropped significantly after getting most of the higher paid players (Gylfi, Llorente, A Ayew, Gomis) off the books. If you made me guess, I truly see these "owners" selling off all they can to get cash out of the club while just barely keeping us up and making the club more attractive to potential new owners in either Asia or the Middle East. I assume they figure that if they can get half their investment out in transfer proceeds and the like and can make the club ever so slightly more valuable they can turn a quick profit.

I'm pretty confident the American "owners" lied about their intentions when they approached about a purchase. I'm also pretty confident that Jenkins lied and overstated things once they did. I don't blame one more than the other. I blame both. I'm very pleased that the Supporters Alliance is working hard towards the dismissal of Jenkins. That has to be step one. Then, I think we have to let it be known to the "owners" that they've made a profound mistake in using our club as a means to make a hefty profit for the 27 "owners." Once HJ is gone, the 27 need to be berated both in person and online until they are so annoyed that they see no excuse but to sell. I can't see us getting an owner(s) who's any worse than the current setup.

As a person living in America, when I first heard of the potential takeover by these Americans I was very skeptical. Once they brought in Bradley, I knew we were f*cked as a club. Now, it's gotten worse. I still don't quite get how so many got duped into voting for the share sale. I know I voted against. I don't trust these owners at all. They've proven to be shameless, gutless and immoral. I'm embarrassed to say that we share a country. That all said, the decline began before they approached as Huw Jenkins is not the miracle worker he believes he is.

Anyways, I'll be in Newcastle on the 13th for the match at St James and in town for Liverpool on the 22nd, god help us. If I run into anyone, pints on me.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 18:00]
We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 18:17 - Dec 27 with 1690 viewsHighjack

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 13:34 - Dec 27 by Swanseaman

When Tony Petty came in, in order to make money for himself he started selling off our best players. It's odd that the Americans come in and do the same thing. They seemed desperate to get as much as they could from the Sigurdsson sale. There were no messages of 'he's not for sale for any money' or anything like that, they wanted him out and money in.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 13:35]

Petty didn't sell our players, he tried to sack them. Think it was only stu Roberts who was actually worth anything. Slashing the wage bill was his modus operandi.

This lot haven't done that. If anything the wage bill is bigger but now we're paying it to shyt players. We're splashing out multi million record fees on players who are actually worse than the players we had in the championship or even league one.

Now we go into another transfer window without a manager for the third January in a row (convenient that) so Huw Jenkins Massive Bell End can bring in his own players. Players who the potential new manager may not want or even like. The likes of narsingh, clucas, Borja, probably pushing forty million there, signed by Jenkins then never played.

It's criminal mismanagement on an industrial scale, and every single area of the club is suffering as a result.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 18:55 - Dec 27 with 1603 viewsSwanseaman

Petty sold Stuart Roberts our best player for 100k (first offer and against the managers advice) even though he was worth 400k, and he kept the money for himself. He was also desperate to sell more players off.

The Americans have sold our 2 best players. They may reinvest all they have made, but they may sell even more of our better players in this Jan window and there may be a lack of reinvestment again.

We will find out soon enough...
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 18:56]

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 20:10 - Dec 27 with 1483 viewsDr_Winston

The Americans bought right into that "Jack to a King" bollocks. They thought they were buying a well run football club whose value would only increase over time without having to spend further capital on it other than a few moves to increase commercial revenue. They did due dilligence on the finances, but not the people running the club. If they had they'd have been told what they were getting into.

What they actually bought was the early stages of a clusterf*ck as petrified people sought desperately to cash in on shares that a year or two before came a little bit close to losing most of their value, run by an egotistical tw*t who thought (and still thinks) that he knew it all.

They're now paralysed by fear. The thought of replacing Jenkins in their eyes is only worse than the thought of not being able to replace him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 20:48 - Dec 27 with 1402 viewsSwanseaman

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 20:10 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

The Americans bought right into that "Jack to a King" bollocks. They thought they were buying a well run football club whose value would only increase over time without having to spend further capital on it other than a few moves to increase commercial revenue. They did due dilligence on the finances, but not the people running the club. If they had they'd have been told what they were getting into.

What they actually bought was the early stages of a clusterf*ck as petrified people sought desperately to cash in on shares that a year or two before came a little bit close to losing most of their value, run by an egotistical tw*t who thought (and still thinks) that he knew it all.

They're now paralysed by fear. The thought of replacing Jenkins in their eyes is only worse than the thought of not being able to replace him.

What were the conditions put in place by Huw Jenkins when he sold them his shares? Are they prevented from removing him, and have to give him to power to run things as he wants.

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 20:52 - Dec 27 with 1386 viewsDr_Winston

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 20:48 - Dec 27 by Swanseaman

What were the conditions put in place by Huw Jenkins when he sold them his shares? Are they prevented from removing him, and have to give him to power to run things as he wants.

I'm not massively convinced that there are any conditions. The Americans just don't know what to do from here on in.

The Bradley disaster was probably the best thing that could have happened for Jenkins.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 20:55 - Dec 27 with 1375 viewsdonkonky

We were doing really well before the Americans came in.. on 20:48 - Dec 27 by Swanseaman

Well maybe the Trust board can enlighten us on that one?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024