Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea to Cork Ferry? 14:01 - Dec 27 with 5483 viewsDarran

Is there sill one running?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 12:20 - Dec 29 with 1190 viewssherpajacob

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 09:50 - Dec 29 by BrynCartwright

One of my favourite books Sherp.

Only did the trip once with my mates when we were 17. Our tickets were so cheap we were not allowed to disembark at Cork but the drinking was mighty.
My mates Huw and Paul decided downing a litre of Southern Comfort between them on top of many, many beers was a good idea. Southern Comfort ffs!

The site of Huw (who is now a Director at BarclaysBank) lying comatose in a pool of his own sick in the khazi remains indelibly printed on my brain.

Remember the staff were Polish and there was a swimming pool in the bowels of the ship. There was a heavy sea and the water in the pool sloshing around made the water 3 feet deep one second and over your head the next.
Happy days.

I recall the inedible food in the canteen / restaurant and one small bar that made Cinderellas at 1.50am look like Sunday afternoon tea at the Ritz.

Carnage doesn't do it justice

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 12:53 - Dec 29 with 1172 viewsCooperman

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 12:20 - Dec 29 by sherpajacob

I recall the inedible food in the canteen / restaurant and one small bar that made Cinderellas at 1.50am look like Sunday afternoon tea at the Ritz.

I’ll add to that. There was also a jacuzzi down in bowels; on one of the sailings that I went on we spent four hours in there with a group of girls from Maesteg. We’d drunk about 10 bottles of cheap plonk between us before one of the lasses barfed up into the bubbles.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 12:55 - Dec 29 with 1172 viewsCooperman

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 11:00 - Dec 29 by londonlisa2001

The Ilfracombe Ferry used to run all summer. I thought it had started again but maybe not?

There was considerable talk of resuming a service but unfortunately it never got going. That would have made a Cornish jaunt much easier in terms of travel.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 17:17 - Jun 9 with 937 viewsdickythorpe

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 11:13 - Dec 29 by monmouth

I merrily threw my heart up on the ferry to Ilfracombe as a dwt. The word 'Ilfracombe' still makes me feel queasy.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 11:14]

The water is too shallow was always the excuse.....or is there no money?

Drakeford!????? You've saved over a billion last week ....
Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 17:39 - Jun 9 with 903 viewsEbo

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 22:27 - Dec 28 by sherpajacob

Pete McCarthy's", McCarthy's bar "

Has a description of the crossing that upon reading you think must be an over exaggeration of the debauchery and shenanigans that takes place on board.

Until you do the voyage yourself and realise its 100% accurate

Was that the same guy who did a mad trip carrying a fridge? I read that one too and the one about playing Tennis with (I think Moldovans).

EDIT that was Tony Hawkes (not the skateboarder) good books though and Mcarthy's bar was a good read I indulged on a week in Crete many years ago.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 17:41]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 21:20 - Jun 9 with 764 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 12:20 - Dec 29 by sherpajacob

The bar in the bowels of the boat was a great place to kip if your dad was too tight to pay for a cabin like mine was.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 10:15 - Jun 10 with 620 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 11:13 - Dec 29 by monmouth

I merrily threw my heart up on the ferry to Ilfracombe as a dwt. The word 'Ilfracombe' still makes me feel queasy.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 11:14]

The vomit comet
Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 13:06 - Jun 10 with 568 viewsThrasher6

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 09:50 - Dec 29 by BrynCartwright

One of my favourite books Sherp.

Only did the trip once with my mates when we were 17. Our tickets were so cheap we were not allowed to disembark at Cork but the drinking was mighty.
My mates Huw and Paul decided downing a litre of Southern Comfort between them on top of many, many beers was a good idea. Southern Comfort ffs!

The site of Huw (who is now a Director at BarclaysBank) lying comatose in a pool of his own sick in the khazi remains indelibly printed on my brain.

Remember the staff were Polish and there was a swimming pool in the bowels of the ship. There was a heavy sea and the water in the pool sloshing around made the water 3 feet deep one second and over your head the next.
Happy days.

"The site of Huw (who is now a Director at BarclaysBank) lying comatose in a pool of his own sick in the khazi remains indelibly printed on my brain."

You've done him in now....He's going to have to go in front of the shareholders and say how sorry he was for getting pissed all those years ago...

(That trip was a rites of passage back in the day...
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 13:08]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 17:21 - Jun 10 with 492 viewsCaptain_Sham

Antelope football tour to Kinsale in 92. Went on the Swansea Cork ferry and the whole ferry stank of sewage. Wasn't long before the tragedy.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 17:22]

Its just a ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024