Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea to Cork Ferry? 14:01 - Dec 27 with 5484 viewsDarran

Is there sill one running?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 14:11 - Dec 27 with 4273 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Finished about ten years ago.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 14:12 - Dec 27 with 4269 viewsDarran

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 14:11 - Dec 27 by Joe_bradshaw

Finished about ten years ago.

I thought it had I was just looking around the net for a mini break and saw the Swansea to Cork Ferry advertised.

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 14:24 - Dec 27 with 4233 viewsswanforthemoney

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 14:12 - Dec 27 by Darran

I thought it had I was just looking around the net for a mini break and saw the Swansea to Cork Ferry advertised.

Perhaps you've fallen into a worm hole in the space-time continuum?

I stand in the North Stand

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 14:29 - Dec 27 with 4219 viewsAnotherJohn

You could get one from West Wales - not so convenient though.
Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 14:51 - Dec 27 with 4175 viewsBanosswan

Finished in 2011. Has always been talk about bringing it back, but don't think it's really viable.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 18:12 - Dec 27 with 4032 viewsNogginthenog

It is still running

https://goo.gl/images/uMGX9s
Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 18:16 - Dec 27 with 4025 viewsCooperman

I did that trip a few times as a youth with a gang of mates. It was £9 foot passenger fare at the time. Back in the days when I could cope with 20 hour beer sessions.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 18:45 - Dec 27 with 3981 viewsDarran

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 18:16 - Dec 27 by Cooperman

I did that trip a few times as a youth with a gang of mates. It was £9 foot passenger fare at the time. Back in the days when I could cope with 20 hour beer sessions.

We went over to Rosslare from Fishguard to follow the Swans around in 2000. Awesome trip that was.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 19:24 - Dec 27 with 3922 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 18:16 - Dec 27 by Cooperman

Went over on the Swansea Cork Ferry (Innisfallen I think) f*ck me there was a hell of a state on me when we got to Cork.

Then ten days fishing on Lough's Mask, Corrib, Carra and Conn, fantastic time, fishing by day and the Craic in the local bars in the night/morning, wouldn't be able to last the pace now, that's for sure, but great memories.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 20:08 - Dec 27 with 3857 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 19:24 - Dec 27 by Flashberryjack

Went over on the Swansea Cork Ferry (Innisfallen I think) f*ck me there was a hell of a state on me when we got to Cork.

Then ten days fishing on Lough's Mask, Corrib, Carra and Conn, fantastic time, fishing by day and the Craic in the local bars in the night/morning, wouldn't be able to last the pace now, that's for sure, but great memories.

Aye - it was the Innisfallen. My old man was one of the dockers who ended up working for B&I driving the trucks on to the ship.

Used to get free travel every year and had wonderful holidays around Cork and Kerry - probably the frIendliest and most hospitable people on the planet. Not to mention the fiercest feckin' drinkers...
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 23:48]
Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 20:36 - Dec 27 with 3824 viewswaynekerr55

Remember going on that in 96 on a football tour when I was 14, fúck my eyes it was hideous coming back. I went the weekend Buust bust his leg and Newcastle fúcked it up

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 20:56 - Dec 27 with 3799 viewsDr_Winston

Shame they can't make it work.

Looked to do Fishguard/Rosslare with the Mrs once or twice. Unless you take the car it's pointless. Rosslare's in the middle of nowhere and there's about two trains a day.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 21:04 - Dec 27 with 3783 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 20:56 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

Shame they can't make it work.

Looked to do Fishguard/Rosslare with the Mrs once or twice. Unless you take the car it's pointless. Rosslare's in the middle of nowhere and there's about two trains a day.

The bus service is/was great when the wife and I went a few years ago, straight off the Ferry and there was a line of coaches for nearly all destinations, we went to Dublin, stopped in every tiny village along the way mind, but a very interesting and scenic trip it was though.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 21:54 - Dec 27 with 3735 viewsbuilthjack

The signs are still up

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 21:58 - Dec 27 with 3722 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 14:12 - Dec 27 by Darran

If you don't mind flying there are good city break offers with British airways, mainly from Heathrow. Just booked 3 nights in Prague for £109pp, 5 star Sheraton.Easter weekend.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 22:45 - Dec 27 with 3676 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 21:54 - Dec 27 by builthjack

The signs are still up

Yep. Some road signs were renewed recently and the lorry / car ferry element was still displayed on them. Wtf is that all about?
I wonder if any poor effers end up queuing by the landing stage which is still there and in tact as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 07:53 - Dec 28 with 3559 viewsowainglyndwr

If it was running from Cardiff the Assembly would still be ploughing money into it.
Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 08:53 - Dec 28 with 3527 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 22:45 - Dec 27 by Private_Partz

Yep. Some road signs were renewed recently and the lorry / car ferry element was still displayed on them. Wtf is that all about?
I wonder if any poor effers end up queuing by the landing stage which is still there and in tact as well.

There was talk of someone reviving it fairly recently but I don’t think it’s come to anything. We did it once but it took something crazy like 8 or 9 hours whereas Fishguard to Rosslaire was really quick until they cut the fast ferry. It’s now about 3 and a half hours.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 18:13 - Dec 28 with 3411 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 21:04 - Dec 27 by Flashberryjack

The bus service is/was great when the wife and I went a few years ago, straight off the Ferry and there was a line of coaches for nearly all destinations, we went to Dublin, stopped in every tiny village along the way mind, but a very interesting and scenic trip it was though.

Doesn't look like there's a direct bus any more. Shame, would have been an option.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 22:27 - Dec 28 with 3318 viewssherpajacob

Pete McCarthy's", McCarthy's bar "

Has a description of the crossing that upon reading you think must be an over exaggeration of the debauchery and shenanigans that takes place on board.

Until you do the voyage yourself and realise its 100% accurate

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 09:50 - Dec 29 with 3198 viewsBrynCartwright

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 22:27 - Dec 28 by sherpajacob

Pete McCarthy's", McCarthy's bar "

Has a description of the crossing that upon reading you think must be an over exaggeration of the debauchery and shenanigans that takes place on board.

Until you do the voyage yourself and realise its 100% accurate

One of my favourite books Sherp.

Only did the trip once with my mates when we were 17. Our tickets were so cheap we were not allowed to disembark at Cork but the drinking was mighty.
My mates Huw and Paul decided downing a litre of Southern Comfort between them on top of many, many beers was a good idea. Southern Comfort ffs!

The site of Huw (who is now a Director at BarclaysBank) lying comatose in a pool of his own sick in the khazi remains indelibly printed on my brain.

Remember the staff were Polish and there was a swimming pool in the bowels of the ship. There was a heavy sea and the water in the pool sloshing around made the water 3 feet deep one second and over your head the next.
Happy days.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 10:13 - Dec 29 with 3180 viewswestwalesed

You get to Cork now from Pembroke Dock, just lock your doors on the way through Pembroke Dock!!!

Was there ever a ferry from Swansea to Devon / SW England in general? Always mystified me why one doesn't exist?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 11:00 - Dec 29 with 3156 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 10:13 - Dec 29 by westwalesed

You get to Cork now from Pembroke Dock, just lock your doors on the way through Pembroke Dock!!!

Was there ever a ferry from Swansea to Devon / SW England in general? Always mystified me why one doesn't exist?

The Ilfracombe Ferry used to run all summer. I thought it had started again but maybe not?
Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 11:09 - Dec 29 with 3137 viewswestwalesed

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 11:00 - Dec 29 by londonlisa2001

The Ilfracombe Ferry used to run all summer. I thought it had started again but maybe not?

http://www.severnlink.com/

Not yet apparently!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 11:13 - Dec 29 with 3129 viewsmonmouth

Swansea to Cork Ferry? on 11:00 - Dec 29 by londonlisa2001

I merrily threw my heart up on the ferry to Ilfracombe as a dwt. The word 'Ilfracombe' still makes me feel queasy.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 11:14]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024