Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SCSA Donations 09:57 - Dec 28 with 11088 viewsMattG

The SCSA has sent the email below to those on it's mailing list this morning :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All

A few of you have mentioned donations and supporting the activities of the SCSA.

We have now a formulated plan in terms of what we will be doing and when and over the next few weeks will be asking heavily for your support where you can give it to make these plans come to fruition.

What is key though is that we are in need of funds to make them happen. They will be effective, detailed and noticeable which is the key thing for them.

With this in mind we have opened up a donations page on our website for supporters of the SCSA to place donations in. These funds will be used only for the purposes of the activities we undertake and - in the event of any surplus funds - a donation will be made to Swans4Cancer when it is appropriate to do so

We have placed a Tweet out regards the donations here -
and we ask that any of you with Facebook and Twitter accounts share this together with the link to the donation page at http://www.scsa.wales/donate/

Similarly if any of you wish to support this with your own donations then please do so at the link.

Thanks very much for everyone's continued support - the SCSA is very much on the move.
#backtojack

The Swansea City Supporters Alliance (SCSA)
Follow us on Twitter @the_scsa
http://www.scsa.wales
info@scsa.wales
SCSA Donations on 08:20 - Dec 29 with 3634 viewsmonmouth

SCSA Donations on 00:05 - Dec 29 by Bobby_Fischer

Bit like the Trust?

The Trust has given all it's cards to its opponent to decide how to play its hand for it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

SCSA Donations on 09:10 - Dec 29 with 3579 viewsPhil_S

SCSA Donations on 08:20 - Dec 29 by monmouth

The Trust has given all it's cards to its opponent to decide how to play its hand for it.

I would love to play poker with some people. Deal me some cards, I will show them to you and then act surprised when my pot of money goes first.

Flippant response but accurate.

However, suspicions are natural so the "circus" is a clear plan of what will be done next and when it will happen. There is no secret and it would be impossible to share a planning meeting with hundreds of fans. There are plans to encompass everyone's views in the very near future but the hand won't be shown to allow for effective counter.

Thanks to those who have donated to the cause so far - the response has been overwhelming and brilliant to see. It means that the plans discussed can now be put into motion which in turn means the sooner people will be aware of those plans.

There is no pressure on anyone to donate as it was never expected that anyone would wish to be behind it but it is far from the "usual suspects" or "clowns" as it was so eloquently put.

This post has been edited by an administrator
SCSA Donations on 09:25 - Dec 29 with 3555 viewschad

SCSA Donations on 08:20 - Dec 29 by monmouth

Giving not given (at least legally)

A small but vitally important difference

The event horizon has not yet been breached

It is however imminent and unless some senior members of the new society want to be remembered for actively throwing all the Trust stands for and its worth, into that particular black hole for a second time, then they need to pull out their fingers in the minute timescales that are left and, as repeatedly suggested above, concentrate their resources where they absolutely can make a massive difference

I am more than willing to lend all the administrative and planning support in the world to this, but we need the wide network of supporter contacts to make it happen and the SCSA and Union et al. can easily achieve that.

#PutTheSupporterAndTheTrustBackIntoTheSupportersTrust
SCSA Donations on 09:31 - Dec 29 with 3545 viewsPhil_S

SCSA Donations on 09:25 - Dec 29 by chad

Giving not given (at least legally)

A small but vitally important difference

The event horizon has not yet been breached

It is however imminent and unless some senior members of the new society want to be remembered for actively throwing all the Trust stands for and its worth, into that particular black hole for a second time, then they need to pull out their fingers in the minute timescales that are left and, as repeatedly suggested above, concentrate their resources where they absolutely can make a massive difference

I am more than willing to lend all the administrative and planning support in the world to this, but we need the wide network of supporter contacts to make it happen and the SCSA and Union et al. can easily achieve that.

#PutTheSupporterAndTheTrustBackIntoTheSupportersTrust

What are you looking to make happen?
SCSA Donations on 09:32 - Dec 29 with 3542 viewschad

SCSA Donations on 13:36 - Dec 28 by chad

DYSS makes a very fair point

Currently would it not make much more sense for everyone signed up to this who are not Trust members, to donate by joining the Trust

Enabling a bloodless retaking of the Trust (and most importantly the resources it controls on behalf of the supporters) at the AGM in a few weeks time.

We can then stop this dreadful deal dead - and have the power of being a shareholder with the balls of a supporters organisation - as we always should have

We can then turn our attention to legal action (which both the Americans and Huw will hate - but more importantly should only be taken if that is the best way to protect the future of professional football in Swansea - and imho there is no doubt about that)

This will also make it easier with a concerted effort to clear the rubbish out of the club
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 13:44]

This
SCSA Donations on 09:35 - Dec 29 with 3530 viewsPhil_S

SCSA Donations on 09:32 - Dec 29 by chad

This

So basically a re-vote along the lines of this?

http://www.scsa.wales/2017/12/22/the-supporters-trust-must-return-to-its-members
SCSA Donations on 09:47 - Dec 29 with 3494 viewswhoflungdung

The Trust ended up eating itself .The new group might go same way .

I d contribute significantly for the main purpose ,which is to remove Jenkins .

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

SCSA Donations on 09:55 - Dec 29 with 3473 viewsPhil_S

SCSA Donations on 09:47 - Dec 29 by whoflungdung

The Trust ended up eating itself .The new group might go same way .

I d contribute significantly for the main purpose ,which is to remove Jenkins .

OK the link is in the opening post of this thread
Login to get fewer ads

SCSA Donations on 10:01 - Dec 29 with 3460 viewsLandore_Jack

Does SCSA really trust the Americans to appoint a CEO? Especially after BB and the decline of DC United. Knowing what we have seen so far we'll probably end up with Landon Donovan. Why doesn't SCSA go after the Americans as well?

#backtojack

SCSA Donations on 10:05 - Dec 29 with 3453 viewschad

SCSA Donations on 09:35 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

So basically a re-vote along the lines of this?

http://www.scsa.wales/2017/12/22/the-supporters-trust-must-return-to-its-members

Thanks for the link

I would say that is a part of it, but not the most important time critical part at the moment

That is to stop the deal dead at the AGM so the rest can take place

For that we need signed up support and to organise proxies to get through a vote to stop it

Also we need to consider the fitness of the Trust Board given it has clearly shown it currently far from represents the supporters (as is its remit). Again direct action could be taken at the AGM.
SCSA Donations on 10:08 - Dec 29 with 3441 viewsPhil_S

SCSA Donations on 10:05 - Dec 29 by chad

Thanks for the link

I would say that is a part of it, but not the most important time critical part at the moment

That is to stop the deal dead at the AGM so the rest can take place

For that we need signed up support and to organise proxies to get through a vote to stop it

Also we need to consider the fitness of the Trust Board given it has clearly shown it currently far from represents the supporters (as is its remit). Again direct action could be taken at the AGM.

So basically people to attend/vote at an AGM

How many people? What date is AGM (apologies if I have missed that)
SCSA Donations on 10:47 - Dec 29 with 3396 viewsWingstandwood

SCSA Donations on 03:22 - Dec 29 by Jack59

I've donated the cost of a matchday ticket, and I will make the same donation at regular intervals. What has happened to the trust is shameful, those involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Great stuff, I've done the same! I deceided if I continued to put money into the club I would be justifying Jenkins, Dineens, Morgans, Van Zwedens continued existance around the Liberty Stadium and other continued rewards courtesy of SCFC leeching/freeloading/ligging/troughing.

I'm no longer going to be a leeches host-feed!

Argus!

SCSA Donations on 10:49 - Dec 29 with 3389 viewsPhil_S

SCSA Donations on 10:01 - Dec 29 by Landore_Jack

Does SCSA really trust the Americans to appoint a CEO? Especially after BB and the decline of DC United. Knowing what we have seen so far we'll probably end up with Landon Donovan. Why doesn't SCSA go after the Americans as well?

Do we trust them to appoint a CEO? Not sure they would do to be honest - I suspect their COO would just step up and do the job minus the football side?
SCSA Donations on 11:02 - Dec 29 with 3354 viewschad

SCSA Donations on 10:08 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

So basically people to attend/vote at an AGM

How many people? What date is AGM (apologies if I have missed that)

"So basically people to attend/vote at an AGM"

Not just people to attend but as I said supporters to join so they may vote and have a say as all supporters should

Strongly promoting this with Supporters and facilitating the organisation of proxies so each attendee may count for their own and up to 3 other votes

Identifying the exact requirements for proxies and motions from the floor or if necessary in advance of the meeting - so none of this falls on rules or admin

Obtaining a consensus on motions to be supported - but as a min to kill the deal for re consultation in the light of the actions of buyers and in full and balanced knowledge of implications / advice / alternatives.

"What date is AGM"

as far as I am aware no date given yet - but 14 days notice must be given, the AGM must take place before the end of Jan and Ux has ventured that it would be held in the first couple of weeks of Jan

"How many people"

More than the Board can get to push the deal through, keeping in mind that the chair may hold as many proxies as he wishes, plus the fact that in light of all the discussions on here friends and families of the other shareholders may be joining up to protect their reputations and financial interests. Which is why a decision of such critical import should have gone out to the wider support in the first place. Season ticket holders being a good starting point.
SCSA Donations on 11:09 - Dec 29 with 3345 viewsBigPhilG

SCSA Donations on 10:49 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

Do we trust them to appoint a CEO? Not sure they would do to be honest - I suspect their COO would just step up and do the job minus the football side?

If the SCSA are successful in getting Jenkins removed and I really hope they do, then why don't the club advertise the job and get someone in who knows what they're doing ?

Get the trust actively involved in the interview and selection process because even if the yanks know nothing about football then surely people at the trust must do.

That way everyone's working together.
SCSA Donations on 13:00 - Dec 29 with 3262 viewsUxbridge

SCSA Donations on 11:02 - Dec 29 by chad

"So basically people to attend/vote at an AGM"

Not just people to attend but as I said supporters to join so they may vote and have a say as all supporters should

Strongly promoting this with Supporters and facilitating the organisation of proxies so each attendee may count for their own and up to 3 other votes

Identifying the exact requirements for proxies and motions from the floor or if necessary in advance of the meeting - so none of this falls on rules or admin

Obtaining a consensus on motions to be supported - but as a min to kill the deal for re consultation in the light of the actions of buyers and in full and balanced knowledge of implications / advice / alternatives.

"What date is AGM"

as far as I am aware no date given yet - but 14 days notice must be given, the AGM must take place before the end of Jan and Ux has ventured that it would be held in the first couple of weeks of Jan

"How many people"

More than the Board can get to push the deal through, keeping in mind that the chair may hold as many proxies as he wishes, plus the fact that in light of all the discussions on here friends and families of the other shareholders may be joining up to protect their reputations and financial interests. Which is why a decision of such critical import should have gone out to the wider support in the first place. Season ticket holders being a good starting point.

On the AGM date, I'm hearing it's likely to be later now, although absolutely no later than end of month. As Liverpool is the 22nd, I'd wager the 29th. Not confirmed yet though.

And I can safely say nothing will be concluded before that date.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

SCSA Donations on 14:01 - Dec 29 with 3219 viewschad

SCSA Donations on 13:00 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

On the AGM date, I'm hearing it's likely to be later now, although absolutely no later than end of month. As Liverpool is the 22nd, I'd wager the 29th. Not confirmed yet though.

Thanks Ux
SCSA Donations on 17:35 - Dec 29 with 3125 viewsJack59

SCSA Donations on 10:01 - Dec 29 by Landore_Jack

It's got to go for the American investors, nothing will ever be resolved otherwise, and there will never be a stronger foundation for this movement than in the coming months, so I very much hope this opportunity is not wasted.
Remember we will have this huge profile given to us by EPL status for only a little while longer. We must act soon.
SCSA Donations on 15:07 - Jan 3 with 3004 viewsOutsider

I hope SCSA will motion for a donation from the Swans Trust at the upcoming AGM?

Seems very reasonable as SCSA is doing some work that the Trust should be doing.
SCSA Donations on 15:27 - Jan 3 with 2969 viewsNeath_Jack

Who's custodian of this money and how much has been raised?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

SCSA Donations on 18:12 - Jan 3 with 2876 viewsCooperman

SCSA Donations on 13:00 - Dec 29 by Uxbridge

I can imagine Jim White (Sky’s JW) coming out with something like that on Deadline Day.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

SCSA Donations on 18:22 - Jan 3 with 2849 viewsE20Jack

If anyone thinks their focus is not being taken away from the sharesale is deluded.

revenge, revenge, revenge.

He is leaving, how about putting a plan into action to educate everyone on the subject that is going to damage the club for a lifetime rather than wasting your time on getting rid of a man that is probably leaving in a few months anyway?

It is utter nonsense and such a waste of precious energy, time, money and exposure.

caveat (I was so disillusioned I could only muster the effort to read page 1, forgive me if anyone else has said the same).
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 18:24]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

SCSA Donations on 18:55 - Jan 3 with 2801 viewsVetchfielder

SCSA Donations on 18:22 - Jan 3 by E20Jack

If anyone thinks their focus is not being taken away from the sharesale is deluded.

revenge, revenge, revenge.

He is leaving, how about putting a plan into action to educate everyone on the subject that is going to damage the club for a lifetime rather than wasting your time on getting rid of a man that is probably leaving in a few months anyway?

It is utter nonsense and such a waste of precious energy, time, money and exposure.

caveat (I was so disillusioned I could only muster the effort to read page 1, forgive me if anyone else has said the same).
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 18:24]

I'm comfortable with the way things are going.

I think the SCSA's priority was and still is the calling of a 2nd vote regarding the share sale. Yes, the focus has been taken away from that lately, but that has been mainly due to having to respond to HJ and Davies's claims. Indeed, although absolutely understandable, the Trust have also been temporarily diverted in a similar way.

But I get the impression that there is a lot happening in the background and I have a feeling that the Trust will give members a second vote.

However, although the SCSA can and will lobby regarding the second vote, it's the Trust Board that really matter here but I still think both organisations are focussed on the share sale issue

Proud to have been one of the 231

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024