Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SCSA Donations 09:57 - Dec 28 with 11072 viewsMattG

The SCSA has sent the email below to those on it's mailing list this morning :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All

A few of you have mentioned donations and supporting the activities of the SCSA.

We have now a formulated plan in terms of what we will be doing and when and over the next few weeks will be asking heavily for your support where you can give it to make these plans come to fruition.

What is key though is that we are in need of funds to make them happen. They will be effective, detailed and noticeable which is the key thing for them.

With this in mind we have opened up a donations page on our website for supporters of the SCSA to place donations in. These funds will be used only for the purposes of the activities we undertake and - in the event of any surplus funds - a donation will be made to Swans4Cancer when it is appropriate to do so

We have placed a Tweet out regards the donations here -
and we ask that any of you with Facebook and Twitter accounts share this together with the link to the donation page at http://www.scsa.wales/donate/

Similarly if any of you wish to support this with your own donations then please do so at the link.

Thanks very much for everyone's continued support - the SCSA is very much on the move.
#backtojack

The Swansea City Supporters Alliance (SCSA)
Follow us on Twitter @the_scsa
http://www.scsa.wales
info@scsa.wales
SCSA Donations on 10:09 - Dec 28 with 7393 viewsbiggar

Morning,

What is the plan? I imagine most would want some sort of idea before deciding to part with cash.
SCSA Donations on 10:58 - Dec 28 with 7299 viewsMattG

SCSA Donations on 10:09 - Dec 28 by biggar

Morning,

What is the plan? I imagine most would want some sort of idea before deciding to part with cash.

I wasn't there myself but a first meeting took place last night and plans have now been formulated that will centre around a specific fixture. However, it was felt that placing too much specific information into the public domain could be counter-productive. Hopefully people will understand the reasons for this.
SCSA Donations on 11:04 - Dec 28 with 7277 viewsATFV

I’ve made my £50 donation this morning and would encourage others to donate anything they can spare.
SCSA Donations on 11:06 - Dec 28 with 7267 viewsbiggar

SCSA Donations on 10:58 - Dec 28 by MattG

I wasn't there myself but a first meeting took place last night and plans have now been formulated that will centre around a specific fixture. However, it was felt that placing too much specific information into the public domain could be counter-productive. Hopefully people will understand the reasons for this.

Thanks for the reply, Matt. It's a tricky one I know.
SCSA Donations on 11:38 - Dec 28 with 7190 viewsWingstandwood

Donate! Donate! Donate!

I've donated £100 and found it uplifting and thereputic. That money would usually have gone directly into the clubs revenue stream at Xmas time...My will now go to the SCSA..... The true fighting spirit, guts and togetherness of the Petty era and Petty era veterans must never ever go away.

Argus!

SCSA Donations on 12:35 - Dec 28 with 7096 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A supporters group had £300,000+ of money to use and did nothing of note with it, I will wait to see what the plans are before donating. I also do not like that this meeting was apparently private. I would have thought an open meeting would have been better to gauge ideas, opinions and provide feedback/criticism where it can be considered and responded to immediately.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

SCSA Donations on 12:38 - Dec 28 with 7081 viewsDafydd

I’m in for £50 and happy to help. The Club needs to be cleansed from top to bottom. Transfer windows, managers and Premiership football are way down my list of priorities fir now.
SCSA Donations on 13:36 - Dec 28 with 7016 viewschad

DYSS makes a very fair point

Currently would it not make much more sense for everyone signed up to this who are not Trust members, to donate by joining the Trust

Enabling a bloodless retaking of the Trust (and most importantly the resources it controls on behalf of the supporters) at the AGM in a few weeks time.

We can then stop this dreadful deal dead - and have the power of being a shareholder with the balls of a supporters organisation - as we always should have

We can then turn our attention to legal action (which both the Americans and Huw will hate - but more importantly should only be taken if that is the best way to protect the future of professional football in Swansea - and imho there is no doubt about that)

This will also make it easier with a concerted effort to clear the rubbish out of the club
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 13:44]
Login to get fewer ads

SCSA Donations on 13:40 - Dec 28 with 6998 viewsMattG

SCSA Donations on 12:35 - Dec 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

A supporters group had £300,000+ of money to use and did nothing of note with it, I will wait to see what the plans are before donating. I also do not like that this meeting was apparently private. I would have thought an open meeting would have been better to gauge ideas, opinions and provide feedback/criticism where it can be considered and responded to immediately.

As mentioned, it was felt that keeping things under wraps, to an extent, was a better policy than openly broadcasting our plans all over the internet.

If this means that you don't feel you can support then that's fair enough.
SCSA Donations on 13:50 - Dec 28 with 6950 viewsLoyal

What is being planned ?
The usual bollox, open meetings and stereotypical shit ?
it won't work.

I have every faith in them. Shut up or put up.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

SCSA Donations on 13:58 - Dec 28 with 6923 viewsIAN05

There will be an open public meeting soon but that takes organising - which is why this initial meeting was held to plan where and when to have one. Also to ensure that we had money for these types of events.
SCSA Donations on 14:05 - Dec 28 with 6907 viewsAguycalledJack

Donation made.
SCSA Donations on 14:13 - Dec 28 with 6880 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

SCSA Donations on 13:58 - Dec 28 by IAN05

There will be an open public meeting soon but that takes organising - which is why this initial meeting was held to plan where and when to have one. Also to ensure that we had money for these types of events.

What needs organising and very quickly is a plan, whether it is Plan A, B or C, of taking back control of The Trust. Chad and others have laid the foundations, the group has the people to make it a reality. I'd suggest getting the names of every member of the group who is a Trust member, then identify who can attend the AGM and allocate 3 non-attending members to each member, send them the templates to fill in to allocate their proxy nominees and store them at whoevers house/computer in the event we need them. Then the difficult bit should begin of convincing others to sign up as we will need a lot of members for this.

The media work has been terrific but this needs to be sorted ASAP. Media interviews and articles can continue after the AGM, this vote cannot.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

SCSA Donations on 14:22 - Dec 28 with 6870 viewstreboethjack

Done! Genuinely hope some positivity comes from this.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

SCSA Donations on 14:52 - Dec 28 with 6832 viewsBigPhilG

Been told today by a friend of a friend who was there that the meeting was very constructive and there is a very good reason why they aren't saying what's planned.

Going after Jenkins but keeping your cards close to your chest makes sense to me.
SCSA Donations on 15:12 - Dec 28 with 6790 viewsVetchfielder

I donated yesterday - good luck to the SCSA on their future activities

#backtojack

Proud to have been one of the 231

SCSA Donations on 19:13 - Dec 28 with 6613 viewsbuilthjack

Hope there's a nice aeroplane involved with a big banner

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

SCSA Donations on 20:05 - Dec 28 with 6528 viewsphact0rri

I will hold off until I get an idea of what the SCSA are planning, and if its something I want to support. That it was private and I have no idea what the plan is aside from "grass roots supporters group" makes me unable to get behind it at present.

Good luck and hoping for the best though.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

SCSA Donations on 20:57 - Dec 28 with 6440 viewsthenorthbankbog

Do the plans include The Union I’ve heard you’re working together but no mention of them
SCSA Donations on 21:06 - Dec 28 with 6409 viewsN_T_J

Just donated a tenner, if I was working I will have given a lot more!
SCSA Donations on 23:19 - Dec 28 with 6271 viewsBloodyhills

SCSA Donations on 14:52 - Dec 28 by BigPhilG

Been told today by a friend of a friend who was there that the meeting was very constructive and there is a very good reason why they aren't saying what's planned.

Going after Jenkins but keeping your cards close to your chest makes sense to me.

I can see it's a good idea not to show your hand too early otherwise it can be countered effectively.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 23:20]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

SCSA Donations on 00:05 - Dec 29 with 6215 viewsBobby_Fischer

SCSA Donations on 23:19 - Dec 28 by Bloodyhills

I can see it's a good idea not to show your hand too early otherwise it can be countered effectively.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 23:20]

Bit like the Trust?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

SCSA Donations on 00:09 - Dec 29 with 6202 viewsBobby_Fischer

Have you learned nothing?

Keeping things secret, like some sort of elite club? So what if they put a stop to whatever you are planning, then make it public that they have done so?

FFS, same clowns running a different circus.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

SCSA Donations on 01:43 - Dec 29 with 6150 viewsBloodyhills

SCSA Donations on 00:09 - Dec 29 by Bobby_Fischer

Have you learned nothing?

Keeping things secret, like some sort of elite club? So what if they put a stop to whatever you are planning, then make it public that they have done so?

FFS, same clowns running a different circus.

Fair point also.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

SCSA Donations on 03:22 - Dec 29 with 6098 viewsJack59

I've donated the cost of a matchday ticket, and I will make the same donation at regular intervals. What has happened to the trust is shameful, those involved should be ashamed of themselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024