Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. 18:54 - Dec 28 with 6457 viewsItchySphincter

In the interest of balance being as there are so many derogatory threads on the matter.

I'm not saying for a second that he'll save us from relegation, I don't think he will, but this is the first appointment we've made in the 'mythical' Swansea way for a good few yeas.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 18:56 - Dec 28 with 4085 viewsBloodyhills

We'll see. Hope he is.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 18:57 - Dec 28 with 4080 viewsjack2jack

That's the spirit
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 18:59 - Dec 28 with 4045 viewsmax936

I don't really know what to say about it, know nothing at all about him, but I don't feel confident, but that's my mindset at the moment with the Swans

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:01 - Dec 28 with 4023 viewsAngelRangelQS

The way we want to play? They’ve scored 30 in 24 this season and scored 60 in 46 last season. He’s basically another Clement
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:02 - Dec 28 with 4017 viewsHeadmaster

Even if he does save us, the same mistakes will be repeated next summer. Until something changes at boardroom level, the cycle will repeat itself.
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:04 - Dec 28 with 3995 viewsjack2jack

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 18:59 - Dec 28 by max936

I don't really know what to say about it, know nothing at all about him, but I don't feel confident, but that's my mindset at the moment with the Swans

Certainly seems motivated and enthusiastic enough, never know it might rub off onto some of the players.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 19:45]
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:04 - Dec 28 with 3995 viewsPrivate_Partz

Frankie could have been but had no support.
I don't think Carlos is getting much stick on here or from the Wednesday fans either. Stick is reserved for you know who.
We just have to hope for a miracle and that the dice throw by Jenkins pays off.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:05 - Dec 28 with 3982 viewsItchySphincter

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 18:59 - Dec 28 by max936

I was at a few Sheff Weds games the last couple of seasons and I can tell you that if wee play anything like they did when I was there you'll be delighted.

Login to get fewer ads

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:06 - Dec 28 with 3968 viewsDr_Winston

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:02 - Dec 28 by Headmaster

Even if he does save us, the same mistakes will be repeated next summer. Until something changes at boardroom level, the cycle will repeat itself.

This.

We appointed a manager known for playing attractive, attacking football whilst overachieving with clubs in the Autumn of 2015 and treated him like a c*nt. Why anyone would expect a different outcome with this bloke when the people responsible remain in place I have no idea.

We keep our fingers crossed for a miracle. We're going to need one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:06 - Dec 28 with 3961 viewsmonmouth

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:01 - Dec 28 by AngelRangelQS

The way we want to play? They’ve scored 30 in 24 this season and scored 60 in 46 last season. He’s basically another Clement

I was thinking that. Wednesday got shot because he was too negative and boring. Plus he kept losing.

I’m all for giving him a chance to show he’s better than that, and am as I said cautiously optimistic that he’ll play a better tune than Clement could, but I’d like to know where the evidence is that he is going to bring us expansive football.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:07 - Dec 28 with 3949 viewsSwanzay

It will be interesting to see what players come in/out. Could be a horrid realisation of another yes man and HJ doing all the choosing.
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:09 - Dec 28 with 3935 viewsItchySphincter

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:01 - Dec 28 by AngelRangelQS

We've scored 11 in 20?

Some people are in a parallel universe.

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:33 - Dec 28 with 3810 viewslandorejack

Exactly , nobody who has had real success in the premiership would of come here unless we threw buckets of money at it and that’s not going to happen . So only option was to go abroad or championship and as we are probably going to be championship next season this makes sense . Most of us want to get back to our old style of playing and only his Wednesday team and Fulham play anything like it in the championship
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:37 - Dec 28 with 3770 viewsOldjack

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:05 - Dec 28 by ItchySphincter

I was at a few Sheff Weds games the last couple of seasons and I can tell you that if wee play anything like they did when I was there you'll be delighted.

oi dippy they used to play the old Swansea way but this season it's been the Clem way ,now work that fuker out Quote ........ Wednesday fan here....got to say first that I have a lot of time for Swansea it's the type of club that I can relate to could never hate on you especially seeing as I detest the blue club from the south of Wales 😀

But....... I have got to say you could have not got a worse manager if you tried....what an absolute clueless muppet he is, his tactics involve passing the ball 5 million times across the middle of the park for 89 minutes going nowhere.

He will buy plays and then never play them, then who he does play most of the time they El be out of position, we have had LB in midfield, midfielders at CB, wingers at LB, CM on left, plays a 4-4-2 with all the 4 midfielders playing in the centre circle

As for shots on target we went 5 games without a single shot on goal.... He is a nightmare and at one point in a press conference he said that the fans were to blame for the team losing, he talks about light bulbs and Sunday dinners and juat mumbles random words

Good luck you will need it with him he is a clueless muppet
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 19:39]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:38 - Dec 28 with 3761 viewsCrazedBison

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:09 - Dec 28 by ItchySphincter

We've scored 11 in 20?

Some people are in a parallel universe.

Completely agree.

So, he averages about 1.25 goals/game the last 2 seasons. And this one he lost most of his best players to injury. But that's the same as the, what, 0.55 goals/game we've been averaging?

Now, would I stake anything of value that he'll keep us up? Short of a miraculous window, I would not. And if Shrew Jenkins is still here I am not going to be expecting a miracle.

One bright side is that this guy seems genuinely entertaining in pressers. So at least there's that.
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:42 - Dec 28 with 3718 viewsdonnybackspin

I agree he will get us back to our old style of attractive football.

I talked to my friend a Wednesday fan and he said he plays attacking football.

I would rather be in the championship playing attractive football than bf in the premiership playing shit negative football.

F@@k me I enjoyed the old 4th division and away trips with only 100 fans!
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:42 - Dec 28 with 3711 viewsawayjack

Are you seriously comparing Championship scoring ratio with Premier League? Tammy scored for fun last season in Championship as do many average strikers.
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:47 - Dec 28 with 3656 viewsItchySphincter

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:37 - Dec 28 by Oldjack

oi dippy they used to play the old Swansea way but this season it's been the Clem way ,now work that fuker out Quote ........ Wednesday fan here....got to say first that I have a lot of time for Swansea it's the type of club that I can relate to could never hate on you especially seeing as I detest the blue club from the south of Wales 😀

But....... I have got to say you could have not got a worse manager if you tried....what an absolute clueless muppet he is, his tactics involve passing the ball 5 million times across the middle of the park for 89 minutes going nowhere.

He will buy plays and then never play them, then who he does play most of the time they El be out of position, we have had LB in midfield, midfielders at CB, wingers at LB, CM on left, plays a 4-4-2 with all the 4 midfielders playing in the centre circle

As for shots on target we went 5 games without a single shot on goal.... He is a nightmare and at one point in a press conference he said that the fans were to blame for the team losing, he talks about light bulbs and Sunday dinners and juat mumbles random words

Good luck you will need it with him he is a clueless muppet
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 19:39]

F*cking hell Alan, can't you make your own mind up about anything? See how we play first you bonehead.

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:49 - Dec 28 with 3641 viewsPentyrchJack

...even if he he is the right man (which I doubt given his record) the appointment is way too late although I think Carlos has got a bit of dog in him, so hopefully he will sort out those spineless and gutless wonders!

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:49 - Dec 28 with 3629 viewsAnotherJohn

Looks like another nodding doll. He says he isn't very interested in buying in the window.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/swansea-manager-carlo
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:50 - Dec 28 with 3614 viewsItchySphincter

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:42 - Dec 28 by awayjack

Are you seriously comparing Championship scoring ratio with Premier League? Tammy scored for fun last season in Championship as do many average strikers.

I'm not if that's what you're asking but someone else pointed at his goal scoring stats which happen to more than twice as good as Clement's to draw thew comparison, which is boIIocks on way too many levels.

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:51 - Dec 28 with 3607 viewsMrSwerve

I'm feeling quietly confident. The football can't get any worse to be honest, and I've read some good things about CC. Let's be realistic, with the position we're now in, we have to take a punt on someone who is willing to risk going down. If we'd got rid of Clem a month earlier, the situation would have been different.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:54 - Dec 28 with 3577 viewsthornabyswan

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:33 - Dec 28 by landorejack

Exactly , nobody who has had real success in the premiership would of come here unless we threw buckets of money at it and that’s not going to happen . So only option was to go abroad or championship and as we are probably going to be championship next season this makes sense . Most of us want to get back to our old style of playing and only his Wednesday team and Fulham play anything like it in the championship

We may as well have given him an 18 month contract Martinez won't come if we go down almost inevitable I think.
And if we stay up he deserves a contract we need some stability now.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:57 - Dec 28 with 3540 viewsOldjack

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:47 - Dec 28 by ItchySphincter

F*cking hell Alan, can't you make your own mind up about anything? See how we play first you bonehead.

i tried that with Clem and the Derby fans were right in the end ,bloody clueless ,Dipstick

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:00 - Dec 28 with 3515 viewsMrSwerve

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:54 - Dec 28 by thornabyswan

We may as well have given him an 18 month contract Martinez won't come if we go down almost inevitable I think.
And if we stay up he deserves a contract we need some stability now.

The end of month contract thing is simply a compo thing and sensible.

I fully expect Carlos to be here next year, unless he seriously f*cks up and loses nearly all the remaining games.

We go down - he stays to bring continuity and passing football
We stay up - Huw will renew his contract to bring continuity and tbh he'll deserve it if he gets us out of this mess.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024