Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal 14:22 - Dec 29 with 2637 viewsSwanseaman

From watching the press conference, his first interview and the training session videos. At the start of the training session, I thought the players didn't look very enthusiastic. they had that negative look about them, the one that low confidence brings.

When Carlos was showing them what he wants, running around and being very enthusiastic, the players did wake up and were responding. He seemed to have high energy levels and did have a good idea of how he wants them to play.

My impression by the end of the training session video was that I can now understand why he gets teams playing really well when he first joins them. If the players can see that his training principles are good and they go for it. And if they see improvements in games and know it's down to Carlos, that could get them out of the negative mindset and begin to turn things around.

In his press conference and first interview, I saw he has a lot of confidence. He was a good talker and enjoyed being the center of attention. If there is a chance of getting the players to improve their confidence levels he may be someone who could achieve this.

On the training session, I did also think that if he could manage to save us, the story would be similar to the Rocky films. Most of the pundits have given us no chance and do not see Carlos as a good appointment. During the training session, he was fired up, as if he is going to give all he can to try and improve us. I'd say that if he could pull this off against the odds, it would be an amazing achievement for him and for us.

Do I think he will do it? I don't know. Do I think he could be the right man for the job? I still don't know, but am starting to think he may be....
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 14:33]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 14:24 - Dec 29 with 2617 viewsPintado

Prefer Rocky 2, the first one Rocky still lost on points.

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 14:36 - Dec 29 with 2542 viewsKilkennyjack

Good luck to him.

Positivity is a big part of football.
Experience and a good track record. ✅

Huw has been opportunistic with Owls giving him the bullet.

He has a hell of a job on.
As fans we back him - and thank God its not that idiot Monk.

Beware of the Risen People

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 14:40 - Dec 29 with 2512 viewsswancity

Personally would have preferred someone with Premier League experience like Bilic but this is a good appointment. Will see a return to our favoured playing style..just a case of are we good enough to get wins on the board. Best of luck to him. 👍🏻

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 14:58 - Dec 29 with 2423 viewsSwanseaman

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 14:36 - Dec 29 by Kilkennyjack

Good luck to him.

Positivity is a big part of football.
Experience and a good track record. ✅

Huw has been opportunistic with Owls giving him the bullet.

He has a hell of a job on.
As fans we back him - and thank God its not that idiot Monk.

He's like the cat who got the cream :) He mentioned that he was meant to be in Premier (something like that). Well after his 2 unsuccessful play off attempts with Sheff Wed, no wonder he is so happy to finally be in the Premier, you can see how much it means to him.

He mentioned about clubs he has been to who didn't have any idea who he was, then after 3 months they were singing his name. Well he is going to love it here, we are the best club for singing and he should get plenty of name singing (unless he is no good)...
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 15:04]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 18:03 - Dec 30 with 1861 viewsSwanseaman

I was out walking the dog, we were losing 1-0, I was feeling depressed and thinking that it's just the same as always, we're going to lose and we will be down for sure.

All the pundits saying how we would have no chance with Carlos Carvalhal as manager, all the negativity about us, everything I have read saying we are certain to go down, was going around in my mind. Then all of a sudden I stopped, looked up to the sky and I asked 'why can't the planets be aligned for Carlos, and get us some luck for a change.' The moment I thought this, bang, the 1st goal went in.

I was in shock, I was running with the dog , cheering and going mental. But I knew it was just a coincidence. That didn't stop me trying it again though. I kept on looking up to the sky and wondering if the planets could be aligned for Carlos today. Then soon enough, bang, in goes number 2... Me and that dog went berserk, if anyone saw us they would have thought we were mental. lol..

A weird enjoyable coincidence, I just hope that Carlos can really prove them all wrong :)
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 18:04]

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 18:04 - Dec 30 with 1833 viewsHeadmaster

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 18:03 - Dec 30 by Swanseaman

I was out walking the dog, we were losing 1-0, I was feeling depressed and thinking that it's just the same as always, we're going to lose and we will be down for sure.

All the pundits saying how we would have no chance with Carlos Carvalhal as manager, all the negativity about us, everything I have read saying we are certain to go down, was going around in my mind. Then all of a sudden I stopped, looked up to the sky and I asked 'why can't the planets be aligned for Carlos, and get us some luck for a change.' The moment I thought this, bang, the 1st goal went in.

I was in shock, I was running with the dog , cheering and going mental. But I knew it was just a coincidence. That didn't stop me trying it again though. I kept on looking up to the sky and wondering if the planets could be aligned for Carlos today. Then soon enough, bang, in goes number 2... Me and that dog went berserk, if anyone saw us they would have thought we were mental. lol..

A weird enjoyable coincidence, I just hope that Carlos can really prove them all wrong :)

Fair play
First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 18:08 - Dec 30 with 1763 viewsOldjack

Watching him in training yesterday ,i though aye aye we could be on a winner here ,but that first half was dire to say the least ,but i did hear he was giving them a bawling going down the tunnel at half time and rightly so .So there's still a little hope left from me ,NOT A LOT MIND !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 18:16 - Dec 30 with 1679 viewsjack247

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 18:03 - Dec 30 by Swanseaman

‘If anyone saw us they would have thought we were mental’...
Login to get fewer ads

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 18:31 - Dec 30 with 1593 viewsWhiterockin

Considering how little time he had with the players I thought his substitutions were excellent.
First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 18:41 - Dec 30 with 1487 viewsjack247

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 18:31 - Dec 30 by Whiterockin

Considering how little time he had with the players I thought his substitutions were excellent.

They were.

He looked like a little boy lost on the touchline in the first half. Almost Bradleyesque.

Sounds like he gave them a rollicking at half time though and got it spot on with the substitutions. Huge slice of luck at the end, but if he hadn’t made those changes, particularly McBurnie, we probably would have drifted to another defeat.
First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 18:45 - Dec 30 with 1444 viewsWhiterockin

First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 18:41 - Dec 30 by jack247

They were.

He looked like a little boy lost on the touchline in the first half. Almost Bradleyesque.

Sounds like he gave them a rollicking at half time though and got it spot on with the substitutions. Huge slice of luck at the end, but if he hadn’t made those changes, particularly McBurnie, we probably would have drifted to another defeat.

It will be interesting to see how we line up on Tuesday when he has had more time to judge the players. As for Spurs, what side are they going to put out as they are playing West Ham on Thursday. Either way you just know llorente is going to score.
First impressions of Carlos Carvalhal on 19:01 - Dec 30 with 1368 viewsGeoffThom

He’s growing on me I really like his honesty gives it to you straight and sounds if he’s not gonna put up with billy big bollacks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024