Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The death of a dog 00:57 - Dec 31 with 22469 viewsLohengrin

My brother, who in all honesty in the forty seven years I've known, has never shown the slightest indication of possessing finer feelings is inconsolable. I mean, he wasn't like this when his marriage broke up!

What do the amateur psychiatrists on here make of mans' attachment to dogs?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The death of a dog on 10:19 - Apr 25 with 3053 views1983

Gutted for you mate.

Had to have one of mine put to sleep 10 years ago and last year another one literally died in my arms as we were carrying him into the vet as he was having a massive fit.

They are both buried in our back garden and tears were running down my face digging their graves.

We got another one now and the cycle of live continues all 3 of them were/are rescue dogs,I'm hoping to retire in about 15 yrs and going to get more from the rescue centre and spend the rest of my living days with plenty of dogs around me as they are good for the soul...people on the other hand are just @rseholes

The death of a dog on 10:22 - Apr 25 with 3044 viewslonglostjack

The death of a dog on 10:07 - Apr 25 by pencoedjack

Sorry for your loss fella.

One of the worst things I have ever had to do. Tosh started having fits 3 months ago was under control with tablets until Monday night, he had 8 fits in 12 hours the last one very distressing for him.

I had no choice but to do the decent thing ....we are all devestated.

Only dog owners understand hence why I come back to this thread

Yours too mate. Dogs. Great companions which makes it so difficult when they go.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The death of a dog on 19:37 - Apr 25 with 2934 viewsmax936

Sorry for you loss Pen and Long, I still yearn for my Maxie big loss to us and its been over 2,1/2 yrs now, my memory is shite, but I still remember me and my lad travelling up to Dover to fetch him, ironically my lad is moving up that way this weekend, I'm dreading it

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The death of a dog on 20:58 - Apr 25 with 2915 viewspencoedjack

The death of a dog on 19:37 - Apr 25 by max936

Sorry for you loss Pen and Long, I still yearn for my Maxie big loss to us and its been over 2,1/2 yrs now, my memory is shite, but I still remember me and my lad travelling up to Dover to fetch him, ironically my lad is moving up that way this weekend, I'm dreading it

Thanks Max
The death of a dog on 00:15 - Apr 26 with 2875 viewsTNT

'Today you did the kindest thing,
Today you set me free,
Thankyou for showing me,
The greatest dignity,
I'm sorry that my leaving,
Has broken your kind heart,
But we knew this day would come,
The day we had to part,
Don't think I did not hear,
Each last word you said,
Don't think I did not feel,
Your hand upon my head,
Today you did the bravest thing,
Today you set me free,
Thankyou for a wonderful life,
Thanks for loving me.'

Lost mine after eighteen years, two years ago. I feel your grief.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The death of a dog on 00:28 - Apr 26 with 2871 viewsbonymine

The death of a dog on 00:15 - Apr 26 by TNT

Today you set me free,
Thankyou for showing me,
The greatest dignity,
The day we had to part,
Each last word you said,
Your hand upon my head,
Today you set me free,
Thanks for loving me.'

Amazing words TNT...very grateful for that.

My Bichon is 12 years old now and approaching his last few years in this world.....

He came to me as an unwanted ‘last of the litter’ puppy full of fleas and quite small in frame.

My now ex wife said ‘it’ was the only thing my 10 year old son wanted for Christmas back in 2006 .. ........

Unfortunately, despite my reservations about the dog’s welfare, as usual my wife and son got their own way.

So here we are some 11 years on and after a divorce (I got the dog thank God 👍) my Bichon is still fit and healthy and my (now) ex wife has moved on to some other cash cow or plain idiot to fund her lifestyle .......

I WILL be totally devastated when he passes away so any tips on managing that experience ?

Thanks All.

👍👍👍😂😂😂😂

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The death of a dog on 06:51 - Apr 26 with 2834 viewspencoedjack

The death of a dog on 00:15 - Apr 26 by TNT

Today you set me free,
Thankyou for showing me,
The greatest dignity,
The day we had to part,
Each last word you said,
Your hand upon my head,
Today you set me free,
Thanks for loving me.'

Wow top words TNT & I know it’s true

Got the tears rolling again but thanks
The death of a dog on 07:05 - Apr 26 with 2830 viewsSTID2017

The death of a dog on 06:51 - Apr 26 by pencoedjack

Wow top words TNT & I know it’s true

Got the tears rolling again but thanks

Same.
Lost my little Molly well over 18 months ago, but stillchoked up now reading that

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

The death of a dog on 13:41 - May 22 with 2697 viewspencoedjack

Not in tandem with the title but welcomed my new Vizsla puppy into our home last night.

Never be a replacement for my Weimaraner but this little girl is going to be a lot of fun.

I have to admit this thread was a great help when I lost Tosh, thanks to all those who took the time to comment.
The death of a dog on 14:46 - May 22 with 2666 viewsicecoldjack

The death of a dog on 02:44 - Dec 31 by Bobby_Fischer

My step dad is a hunter, rabbiting and all that - one of the spaniels had a tumour on its bollocks, took it up the mountain and shot it.

Terrible, also witnessed puppies having their tails chopped off.

I stole a spaniel puppy from my neighbour when I was 12 after that (who was also a hunter) told my mum I was sleeping over my friends house and slept in the shed with the puppy, I had no long term plan! The f*ckers caught me and put it down!

Sounds like a sequence from silence of the lambs !!

Silience if the spaniels doesn't quite have the same ring to it .

I've owned labs and spaniels and was distraught after having one put down at a very young age . It's an awful thing to have to do,those furry fookers really have a way of stealing yur heart .
The death of a dog on 20:51 - May 28 with 2576 viewsbonymine

The death of a dog on 10:19 - Apr 25 by 1983

Gutted for you mate.

Had to have one of mine put to sleep 10 years ago and last year another one literally died in my arms as we were carrying him into the vet as he was having a massive fit.

They are both buried in our back garden and tears were running down my face digging their graves.

We got another one now and the cycle of live continues all 3 of them were/are rescue dogs,I'm hoping to retire in about 15 yrs and going to get more from the rescue centre and spend the rest of my living days with plenty of dogs around me as they are good for the soul...people on the other hand are just @rseholes

Never a truer word has been spoken mate .....the love and loyalty of a dog is totally genuine and 100% unconditional.

Quite simply it CANNOT be compared to any other relationship in our human lives which are invariably far more complicated with personality disagreements etc........

Simple pleasures eh ...........

The death of a dog on 23:17 - May 28 with 2531 viewsTNT

The death of a dog on 20:51 - May 28 by bonymine

Never a truer word has been spoken mate .....the love and loyalty of a dog is totally genuine and 100% unconditional.

Quite simply it CANNOT be compared to any other relationship in our human lives which are invariably far more complicated with personality disagreements etc........

Simple pleasures eh ...........

Absolutely.

I saw a sign the other day which said:
'Dogs welcome...
...and well behaved people, too.'

The death of a dog on 08:59 - May 29 with 2485 viewspencoedjack

The death of a dog on 23:17 - May 28 by TNT

Absolutely.

I saw a sign the other day which said:
'Dogs welcome...
...and well behaved people, too.'

Mark Twain quote

The more I learn about people,the more I love my dog.

Hangs in my house.

As Bonymine says unconditional love.
The death of a dog on 18:32 - May 29 with 2435 viewsTNT

The death of a dog on 08:59 - May 29 by pencoedjack

Mark Twain quote

The more I learn about people,the more I love my dog.

Hangs in my house.

As Bonymine says unconditional love.

The death of a dog on 22:01 - Jun 28 with 2248 viewsDr_Winston

The death of a dog on 20:35 - Dec 31 by Dr_Winston

Many of you who drink in the Globe pre and post game will be aware of this nutcase. Sadly as so often happens with German Shepherds her back legs are starting to go. Don't relish my mum having to make that decision.

Ultimately no decision had to be made. She died of natural causes today.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The death of a dog on 22:04 - Jun 28 with 2238 viewsexiledclaseboy

The death of a dog on 22:01 - Jun 28 by Dr_Winston

Ah that’s sad. She was a lovely dog and a fixture in the Globe. Wasn’t keen on getting out of the way if she fancied a kip in the middle of the floor before it got too busy. Sad news. She’ll be missed.

Poll: Tory leader

The death of a dog on 22:05 - Jun 28 with 2235 viewsDarran

The death of a dog on 22:01 - Jun 28 by Dr_Winston

Sad news. RIP

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The death of a dog on 22:26 - Jun 28 with 2211 viewsbonymine

The death of a dog on 22:05 - Jun 28 by Darran

Sad news. RIP

I really dread the day my dog passes away he’s 12 years old now and since my divorce to my now ex wife some 3 years ago he has been my constant companion helping me adjust throughout the turmoil, never judging yet just supporting and being there for me ......

What an amazing companion, NEVER judging, NEVER opinionated but ALWAYS there for me 👍
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 18:56]

The death of a dog on 18:49 - Jun 30 with 2122 viewslonglostjack

Picked up our new family member today. Four year old mongrel from Hungary. Has spent the last year in a dog’s home. Discovering the house as I type but favours the kitchen over the other rooms. Two months without a dog was just two months too long.

The death of a dog on 19:09 - Jun 30 with 2113 viewsbonymine

I’d like to counsel opinion from you dog lovers on here with regards to me taking on a 2nd dog, with a twofold view to it both providing companionship to my Bichon in his latter years (he is now 12 years old) whilst also providing me with some comfort and focus when my Bichon actually passes away ?

Any thoughts, experiences etc would be greatly appreciated as I have mixed thoughts and emotions ....on the one hand I can certainly see how the new dog would be a great comfort at that time and indeed build a new relationship with him/her going forward but then again as a recent divorcee, I would also like to ‘spread my wings’ a bit and travel in my retirement which clearly is not conducive to being a loving and responsible dog owner ?

Your comments would be greatly appreciated ....

The death of a dog on 19:28 - Jun 30 with 2104 viewsSwanzay

Sorry to hear Dr Winston, dogs are amazing loyal friends!
The death of a dog on 19:30 - Jun 30 with 2101 viewsSwanzay

The death of a dog on 18:49 - Jun 30 by longlostjack

Picked up our new family member today. Four year old mongrel from Hungary. Has spent the last year in a dog’s home. Discovering the house as I type but favours the kitchen over the other rooms. Two months without a dog was just two months too long.

Post a pic!
The death of a dog on 20:06 - Jun 30 with 2091 viewslonglostjack

The death of a dog on 19:30 - Jun 30 by Swanzay

Post a pic!

How do I do that from I-phone?

The death of a dog on 20:13 - Jun 30 with 2084 viewslonglostjack

The death of a dog on 19:09 - Jun 30 by bonymine

I’d like to counsel opinion from you dog lovers on here with regards to me taking on a 2nd dog, with a twofold view to it both providing companionship to my Bichon in his latter years (he is now 12 years old) whilst also providing me with some comfort and focus when my Bichon actually passes away ?

Any thoughts, experiences etc would be greatly appreciated as I have mixed thoughts and emotions ....on the one hand I can certainly see how the new dog would be a great comfort at that time and indeed build a new relationship with him/her going forward but then again as a recent divorcee, I would also like to ‘spread my wings’ a bit and travel in my retirement which clearly is not conducive to being a loving and responsible dog owner ?

Your comments would be greatly appreciated ....

Get a dog Bonymine. The year has 52 weeks and you’ll get companionship for 49 weeks if you go on holiday for 3 weeks. If you’re planning on getting a dog now with your older dog I wouldn’t get a puppy that would be too stressful for your old friend.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 20:17]

The death of a dog on 20:17 - Jun 30 with 2078 viewsbonymine

The death of a dog on 20:13 - Jun 30 by longlostjack

Get a dog Bonymine. The year has 52 weeks and you’ll get companionship for 49 weeks if you go on holiday for 3 weeks. If you’re planning on getting a dog now with your older dog I wouldn’t get a puppy that would be too stressful for your old friend.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 20:17]

So should I get a ‘rescue dog’ or what ?

Thanks for the reply by the way 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024