Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The death of a dog 00:57 - Dec 31 with 22397 viewsLohengrin

My brother, who in all honesty in the forty seven years I've known, has never shown the slightest indication of possessing finer feelings is inconsolable. I mean, he wasn't like this when his marriage broke up!

What do the amateur psychiatrists on here make of mans' attachment to dogs?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The death of a dog on 20:26 - Jun 30 with 1763 viewsairedale

Quite a few dogs down the air show today. I’m sure the folks love their dogs, but I thought it was too warm today for them.
The death of a dog on 20:28 - Jun 30 with 1760 viewsbonymine

The death of a dog on 20:26 - Jun 30 by airedale

Quite a few dogs down the air show today. I’m sure the folks love their dogs, but I thought it was too warm today for them.

That’s exactly why I didn’t take mine down there 👍🌞

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The death of a dog on 20:31 - Jun 30 with 1760 viewslonglostjack

The death of a dog on 20:17 - Jun 30 by bonymine

So should I get a ‘rescue dog’ or what ?

Thanks for the reply by the way 👍

Whatever. Wouldn’t pay for a pedigree unless it’s a Beagle myself (soft spot) but each to their own. Just get a dog. Human feelings would say you don’t want to get another dog because it might upset your dog. Dogs don’t think like that. Just make sure that you get a dog that doesn’t stress you’re old friend out.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The death of a dog on 21:57 - Jun 30 with 1722 viewsSwanzay

I cant recommend Many tears highly enough, My Spaniel is from there and they have a "match maker" so can potentially a suitable match to your needs.
I cant stand these kunts who breed and have no care or compassion for dogs, yet make it look all is well.
You wont be disappointed, plus they offer life long support!

http://www.manytearsrescue.org
The death of a dog on 21:57 - Jun 30 with 1722 viewsWarwickHunt

Get a rescue - you won’t regret it. It will almost certainly prolong the life of your current dog too.
The death of a dog on 22:07 - Jun 30 with 1717 viewsWarwickHunt

The death of a dog on 18:49 - Jun 30 by longlostjack

Picked up our new family member today. Four year old mongrel from Hungary. Has spent the last year in a dog’s home. Discovering the house as I type but favours the kitchen over the other rooms. Two months without a dog was just two months too long.

The death of a dog on 22:11 - Jun 30 with 1709 viewsDr_Winston

The death of a dog on 20:26 - Jun 30 by airedale

I watched two utter states trying to hail a taxi to take them and their dog home. No cabbies were interested.

To be honest I'd have given the dog a lift and left them by the side of the road. He looked a friendly type.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The death of a dog on 23:14 - Jun 30 with 1683 viewsSwanzay

The death of a dog on 22:11 - Jun 30 by Dr_Winston

I watched two utter states trying to hail a taxi to take them and their dog home. No cabbies were interested.

To be honest I'd have given the dog a lift and left them by the side of the road. He looked a friendly type.

Tw@s, please can all dog owners do the 5 second test, if its to hot for your own foot , then its to hot for paws!
The pavement outside my house was roasting this afternoon and has been all week!
Login to get fewer ads

The death of a dog on 23:40 - Jun 30 with 1669 viewsexiledclaseboy

You’d have to be a special kind of stupid to take a dog down there today

Poll: Tory leader

The death of a dog on 23:47 - Jun 30 with 1660 viewsDr_Winston

The death of a dog on 23:14 - Jun 30 by Swanzay

Tw@s, please can all dog owners do the 5 second test, if its to hot for your own foot , then its to hot for paws!
The pavement outside my house was roasting this afternoon and has been all week!

They both looked like prize c*nts.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The death of a dog on 06:40 - Jul 1 with 1636 viewsbonymine

The death of a dog on 21:57 - Jun 30 by Swanzay

I cant recommend Many tears highly enough, My Spaniel is from there and they have a "match maker" so can potentially a suitable match to your needs.
I cant stand these kunts who breed and have no care or compassion for dogs, yet make it look all is well.
You wont be disappointed, plus they offer life long support!

http://www.manytearsrescue.org

They have been mentioned to me before so I’ll get in touch and see what they suggest.

Thanks for the helpful advice one and all 👍.

The death of a dog on 17:35 - Jul 5 with 1542 viewsFlashberryjack

Had to have my Springer Spaniel (Harry) put to sleep today, he was over 16 years old, so not totally unexpected.

I decided to stay with him while the vet gave him the injection, I'm such a bloody coward but I owed him that much after all these years together, we had some great times together, shooting rabbits in the glens of Scotland to name but one.

I was there at his conception and it was fitting that I was with him when he breathed his last, I've selected a nice little place in the garden where his ashes will be buried.

Dew! It's been a bloody awful day.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The death of a dog on 17:54 - Jul 5 with 1528 viewsWarwickHunt

The death of a dog on 17:35 - Jul 5 by Flashberryjack

Had to have my Springer Spaniel (Harry) put to sleep today, he was over 16 years old, so not totally unexpected.

I decided to stay with him while the vet gave him the injection, I'm such a bloody coward but I owed him that much after all these years together, we had some great times together, shooting rabbits in the glens of Scotland to name but one.

I was there at his conception and it was fitting that I was with him when he breathed his last, I've selected a nice little place in the garden where his ashes will be buried.

Deepest sympathies, mate. My Border collie was nearly 16 and I was with her when she went - her eyes started to go rapidly from side to side and the vet said there was no way back. Broke my heart.

Open a bottle and celebrate his life. Sounds like he had a fûcking great one...
The death of a dog on 17:56 - Jul 5 with 1526 viewslondonlisa2001

Massive sympathy to you. Lovely for Harry that you were with him and he knew he was loved and he was able to be with you until the end.

Bless him.
The death of a dog on 18:05 - Jul 5 with 1512 viewsSwanjaxs

Sorry to here this my friend, sounds like you both had a ball together though and you were there for him every step of the way .

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The death of a dog on 18:10 - Jul 5 with 1512 viewsnantywatcher

When we had to put our old rescue to sleep last year I was convinced she was irreplaceable, but on a second visist to Llys Nini we met a much abused (another) collie cross and love her just as much. Totally different dogs but the same emotions created. Rescue dogs forever!!!!!
The death of a dog on 18:04 - Jul 6 with 1428 viewsFlashberryjack

The death of a dog on 17:54 - Jul 5 by WarwickHunt

Deepest sympathies, mate. My Border collie was nearly 16 and I was with her when she went - her eyes started to go rapidly from side to side and the vet said there was no way back. Broke my heart.

Open a bottle and celebrate his life. Sounds like he had a fûcking great one...

"Open a bottle and celebrate his life. Sounds like he had a fûcking great one"

I did just as you suggested, and it really did make me feel a whole lot better, cheers mate.

And many thanks to everyone for their very kind messages.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 18:14]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The death of a dog on 18:09 - Jul 6 with 1414 viewstrampie

My heart go's out to people that love their dog and then lose him/her.

I too would advise celebrating the life of the dog, same with people if they have been lucky enough to have had good lives.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The death of a dog on 19:19 - Jul 6 with 1396 viewsSwanzay

Sorry to hear Flash, Spaniels are special!
The death of a dog on 21:08 - Dec 4 with 846 viewssmellyjack

Had to say goodbye to my Labrador of 15 years yesterday and I am absolutely gutted
The death of a dog on 21:16 - Dec 4 with 828 viewslonglostjack

The death of a dog on 21:08 - Dec 4 by smellyjack

Had to say goodbye to my Labrador of 15 years yesterday and I am absolutely gutted

Never easy. Not for any reason they’re called man’s best friend.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 21:17]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The death of a dog on 21:21 - Dec 4 with 808 viewsTNT

That's a pretty good age mate, doesn't make it easier I know. I feel your grief.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The death of a dog on 21:23 - Dec 4 with 807 viewsbonymine

Thoughts are with you my friend it will come to all of us dog lovers one day take care

The death of a dog on 21:24 - Dec 4 with 806 viewsCatullus

Sorry to hear that. Saying goodbye never gets easier. Celebrate the life and then look for another best friend to give a good life to.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The death of a dog on 21:25 - Dec 4 with 804 viewsbonymine

The death of a dog on 21:24 - Dec 4 by Catullus

Sorry to hear that. Saying goodbye never gets easier. Celebrate the life and then look for another best friend to give a good life to.

Great advice 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024