Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The death of a dog 00:57 - Dec 31 with 22244 viewsLohengrin

My brother, who in all honesty in the forty seven years I've known, has never shown the slightest indication of possessing finer feelings is inconsolable. I mean, he wasn't like this when his marriage broke up!

What do the amateur psychiatrists on here make of mans' attachment to dogs?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The death of a dog on 10:19 - Jan 1 with 3224 viewswhoflungdung

After reading this thread ,no way will Lady Dung and I have another dog

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

The death of a dog on 10:37 - Jan 1 with 3205 viewsbonymine

The death of a dog on 09:12 - Jan 1 by Treforys_Jack

I've got 3 rescue dogs Tobes, absolutely the best decisions I've made. Boys have got allergies so needed a hypoallergenic breed, basically was looking at yorkies or bichons. I've ended up with 2 yorkie and a long haired Jack. When i lost my previous Jack I made a decision to always have more then 1 dog in the house to soften the loss as it were. My Jack is currently 15 and over the last 12mths started showing her age quite considerably. I went down "Many Tears" over the holidays to do some voluntary work and some of the dogs they have there are absolutely beautiful. The thing they all have in common is a shit life and most of the time a total coont of an owner. Older dogs enjoy company and it can give them a new lease of life also. PM me if you want to know any more buddy.

Cheers for that mate good to know will do 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The death of a dog on 10:50 - Jan 1 with 3202 viewstrampie

You have to feel sorry for people that are forced to live outside glorious Wales for economic reasons.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The death of a dog on 11:29 - Jan 1 with 3183 viewstrampie

The death of a dog on 17:25 - Dec 31 by londonlisa2001

It must kill you that the English Queen has corgis.

They want to be Britons and who can blame them, the Queen had been big on Welsh corgi's for years.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The death of a dog on 11:42 - Jan 1 with 3175 viewsowainglyndwr

We have a Border Collie.
His backround from wording parents but has absolutely bern spoilt rotten by the family great company and full of beans.
He is never left alone and the family love looking after and having him around.
So he is treated like the baby of the family
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 23:10]
The death of a dog on 18:06 - Jan 1 with 3125 viewsEbo

This interesting. I’ve heard this before and just spotted it on wiki.

“ Following the war, just six dogs would survive as the new beginning from which all present-day Cavaliers descend.”

So our new cav is related to our old cav in a roundabout way.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The death of a dog on 16:23 - Jan 2 with 3052 viewsperplex

We have 2 Jugs pug jack Russell cross and they are a pair of headers, in all honesty if anything happened to either I`d be gutted, but my wife would be devastated.
The death of a dog on 17:31 - Jan 2 with 3033 viewsN_T_J

The death of a dog on 17:17 - Dec 31 by londonlisa2001

I have a Vizsla.

Met her for the first time a year ago today at 8 weeks and picked her up a week later. She's currently fast asleep next to the radiator, snoring gently and occasionally giving a contented sigh.

She's a fabulous dog - needs a ton of exercise, and is definitely stubborn when she wants to be, but she's gentle and ridiculously friendly to other dogs, kids and anyone that takes any notice of her whatsoever. Masses of personality and affectionate beyond belief. You'll never be alone as she follows us everywhere. They're known as the Velcro dog and you can see why.

Wouldn't change her for the world.

Hi, Lisa does your Vizla suffer with Separation Anxiety?
Login to get fewer ads

The death of a dog on 17:37 - Jan 2 with 3027 viewsN_T_J

The death of a dog on 17:17 - Dec 31 by londonlisa2001

I have a Vizsla.

Met her for the first time a year ago today at 8 weeks and picked her up a week later. She's currently fast asleep next to the radiator, snoring gently and occasionally giving a contented sigh.

She's a fabulous dog - needs a ton of exercise, and is definitely stubborn when she wants to be, but she's gentle and ridiculously friendly to other dogs, kids and anyone that takes any notice of her whatsoever. Masses of personality and affectionate beyond belief. You'll never be alone as she follows us everywhere. They're known as the Velcro dog and you can see why.

Wouldn't change her for the world.

Id also say the Weimaraner has the same kind of characteristics as the Vizsla, just a slightlh bigger dog.

Love human contact :)
The death of a dog on 18:18 - Jan 2 with 3010 viewsgrabsplatter

The death of a dog on 18:06 - Jan 1 by Ebo

This interesting. I’ve heard this before and just spotted it on wiki.

“ Following the war, just six dogs would survive as the new beginning from which all present-day Cavaliers descend.”

So our new cav is related to our old cav in a roundabout way.

We've got 2 Cavs, tricolour twins just over 2 years old & they're lovely affectionate dogs.
I read that about them & it explains why they suffer from heart valve problems as they get older.
The death of a dog on 18:37 - Jan 2 with 2998 viewsLord_Bony

The death of a dog on 02:44 - Dec 31 by Bobby_Fischer

My step dad is a hunter, rabbiting and all that - one of the spaniels had a tumour on its bollocks, took it up the mountain and shot it.

Terrible, also witnessed puppies having their tails chopped off.

I stole a spaniel puppy from my neighbour when I was 12 after that (who was also a hunter) told my mum I was sleeping over my friends house and slept in the shed with the puppy, I had no long term plan! The f*ckers caught me and put it down!

Why?

What in gods name happened in that shed that night?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The death of a dog on 13:24 - Jan 3 with 2928 viewsEbo

The death of a dog on 18:18 - Jan 2 by grabsplatter

We've got 2 Cavs, tricolour twins just over 2 years old & they're lovely affectionate dogs.
I read that about them & it explains why they suffer from heart valve problems as they get older.

Our pup is a Blenheim. The old dog was a tricolour. They love company don't they?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The death of a dog on 16:40 - Jan 3 with 2906 viewslondonlisa2001

The death of a dog on 17:31 - Jan 2 by N_T_J

Hi, Lisa does your Vizla suffer with Separation Anxiety?

No. She's very rarely left alone though to be honest.

She hates it if we're in the house and she can't get to us - unless she's sleepy she'll whine like hell because she thinks she's being left out which she hates. But if she's left alone for a couple of hours while we're out she seems to be fine. It's apparent that she's plonked herself on the armchair or sofa and slept (can hear her shaking herself when we come through the door and there is a tell take warm patch where she's been sleeping).

Don't ever leave her for more than about 2 or 3 hours - if it's longer than that, she goes to a sitter. And we didn't do it until she was older - when she was very young we were worried she'd be distressed.

She's fine at night as well. Has always slept in the kitchen with no fuss - in her crate until she was about 6 months but now she doesn't have one any more.

Touch wood but we've never had any problems with her destroying anything either other than the odd tea towel. Some dogs are terrible at chewing everything if left - she's never done it.
The death of a dog on 16:52 - Jan 3 with 2896 viewsMo_Wives

The death of a dog on 16:23 - Jan 2 by perplex

We have 2 Jugs pug jack Russell cross and they are a pair of headers, in all honesty if anything happened to either I`d be gutted, but my wife would be devastated.

A woman who goes up the park by me has a cracking pair of jugs. When I first seen them I thought they were the nicest pair of puppies I'd ever seen.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The death of a dog on 17:08 - Jan 3 with 2880 viewsN_T_J

The death of a dog on 16:52 - Jan 3 by Mo_Wives

A woman who goes up the park by me has a cracking pair of jugs. When I first seen them I thought they were the nicest pair of puppies I'd ever seen.

Actually lol
The death of a dog on 17:12 - Jan 3 with 2873 viewsN_T_J

The death of a dog on 16:40 - Jan 3 by londonlisa2001

She hates it if we're in the house and she can't get to us - unless she's sleepy she'll whine like hell because she thinks she's being left out which she hates. But if she's left alone for a couple of hours while we're out she seems to be fine. It's apparent that she's plonked herself on the armchair or sofa and slept (can hear her shaking herself when we come through the door and there is a tell take warm patch where she's been sleeping).

Don't ever leave her for more than about 2 or 3 hours - if it's longer than that, she goes to a sitter. And we didn't do it until she was older - when she was very young we were worried she'd be distressed.

She's fine at night as well. Has always slept in the kitchen with no fuss - in her crate until she was about 6 months but now she doesn't have one any more.

Touch wood but we've never had any problems with her destroying anything either other than the odd tea towel. Some dogs are terrible at chewing everything if left - she's never done it.

Yea they love the sofa no doubt. Ours could sleep there allday. Untill she shes the lead or food. She will eat anything!

Possibly summer time we will be looking for either another Weimarner or a Vizsla
The death of a dog on 17:18 - Jan 3 with 2866 viewstrampie

The death of a dog on 16:40 - Jan 3 by londonlisa2001

Do you live in a house ?

The death of a dog on 17:24 - Jan 3 with 2863 viewslondonlisa2001

The death of a dog on 17:18 - Jan 3 by trampie

Do you live in a house ?

My first thought was what the hell do you think I live in, but I assume you mean as opposed to a flat?

Yes, a house.
The death of a dog on 17:26 - Jan 3 with 2860 viewslondonlisa2001

The death of a dog on 17:12 - Jan 3 by N_T_J

Yea they love the sofa no doubt. Ours could sleep there allday. Untill she shes the lead or food. She will eat anything!

Possibly summer time we will be looking for either another Weimarner or a Vizsla

My dog's 'best friend' is a Weimaraner - they're 3 weeks apart in age, and have played together since they were 3 months or so. They love each other.
The death of a dog on 17:31 - Jan 3 with 2851 viewstrampie

The death of a dog on 17:24 - Jan 3 by londonlisa2001

My first thought was what the hell do you think I live in, but I assume you mean as opposed to a flat?

Yes, a house.

Does the dog go upstairs ?

The death of a dog on 17:41 - Jan 3 with 2846 viewslondonlisa2001

The death of a dog on 17:31 - Jan 3 by trampie

Sort of.

Our house is a typical London house on a few levels, so the kitchen is on the lower ground floor (as is the back garden) and the sitting room on the ground floor (as is the front of the house). So teaching her to not go upstairs is difficult as she has to,

Theoretically she doesn't go up to the floors where the bedrooms are but we're not very strict about it and she does follow us round sometimes.

She doesn't sleep upstairs though (our only real nod in the direction of treating her like a dog). She has always slept in the kitchen.
The death of a dog on 17:42 - Jan 3 with 2846 viewsMo_Wives

The death of a dog on 17:31 - Jan 3 by trampie

Beware of letting Hungarians upstairs in your house, innit Tramps?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The death of a dog on 17:44 - Jan 3 with 2844 viewslondonlisa2001

The death of a dog on 17:42 - Jan 3 by Mo_Wives

Beware of letting Hungarians upstairs in your house, innit Tramps?

The death of a dog on 17:59 - Jan 3 with 2837 viewsMo_Wives

The death of a dog on 17:44 - Jan 3 by londonlisa2001

I can now die happy knowing I made you laugh. Thank you

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The death of a dog on 18:05 - Jan 3 with 2827 viewstrampie

The death of a dog on 17:41 - Jan 3 by londonlisa2001

Sort of.

Our house is a typical London house on a few levels, so the kitchen is on the lower ground floor (as is the back garden) and the sitting room on the ground floor (as is the front of the house). So teaching her to not go upstairs is difficult as she has to,

Theoretically she doesn't go up to the floors where the bedrooms are but we're not very strict about it and she does follow us round sometimes.

She doesn't sleep upstairs though (our only real nod in the direction of treating her like a dog). She has always slept in the kitchen.

A pet is a pet, let them have the run of the house, they are part of the family.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024