Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chinese Investors 11:39 - Dec 31 with 1714 views34dfgdf54

Just touching on the trusts statement. Were these Chinese guys actually after shares in the club, or just simply wanting to chuck money in?

Am I right in thinking, that the club could have had a windfall of cash, but this couldn’t happen as the a few individuals were already spending their millions off the yanks in their heads? Or is it a lot more complicated than that?
Chinese Investors on 11:42 - Dec 31 with 1674 viewsUxbridge

Investment for equity but not a controlling stake.

Who knows how it would have panned out. Maybe nowhere. But not to even look tells you all you need to know.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Chinese Investors on 11:46 - Dec 31 with 1644 viewsjack_lord

Chinese Investors on 11:42 - Dec 31 by Uxbridge

Who knows how it would have panned out. Maybe nowhere. But not to even look tells you all you need to know.

and a major shareholder were kept out of the negotiations.

I wonder which one of the shareholders was the catalyst for selling?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Chinese Investors on 12:02 - Dec 31 with 1561 views34dfgdf54

I’m not really clued up on the whole financial thing, is that similar to what Tan has done at Cardiff? They’ve been going on about him putting their “debt to equity” for years.
Chinese Investors on 12:03 - Dec 31 with 1554 viewsUxbridge

Chinese Investors on 12:02 - Dec 31 by 34dfgdf54

I’m not really clued up on the whole financial thing, is that similar to what Tan has done at Cardiff? They’ve been going on about him putting their “debt to equity” for years.

Not really. It would have been an issue of new shares with the money going into club funds. An actual investment rather than a share sale.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Chinese Investors on 12:07 - Dec 31 with 1534 viewsicecoldjack

Nit sure how true it is but I heard that the Chinese group are still hovering and maintain a watching interest.

As far as I understand the sale to the yanks was the quickest way to cash in the multi millions where as the Chinese were looking at a long term strategy to build and invest into the club.

The sellouts were desperate to get money out before the bubble burst so fooked everyone over to do it.
Chinese Investors on 12:20 - Dec 31 with 1461 viewssomersetsimon

Chinese Investors on 12:03 - Dec 31 by Uxbridge

Not really. It would have been an issue of new shares with the money going into club funds. An actual investment rather than a share sale.

I'd have the same question for any new Chinese investor as for the Americans. How could any new money coming into the club generate a return on that investment? The opportunity to increase the value of the club or increase its income is very limited.
Chinese Investors on 12:22 - Dec 31 with 1437 views34dfgdf54

Chinese Investors on 12:20 - Dec 31 by somersetsimon

I'd have the same question for any new Chinese investor as for the Americans. How could any new money coming into the club generate a return on that investment? The opportunity to increase the value of the club or increase its income is very limited.

I thought they wanted to invest in the city as part of the Tidal Lagoon thing. May be wrong.
Chinese Investors on 12:43 - Dec 31 with 1360 viewsDewi1jack

Never underestimate the power of 'cheap' World-wide TV advertising.
Think how many people watch the PL and FA Cup every year.
Plenty of opportunity to increase commercial revenue in the right hands

Think Ashley with his Sports Direct at Newcastle.
How many hoardings? Notices? TV exposure to those?
How much is a 30 second TV ad? In nearly every country?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Chinese Investors on 12:53 - Dec 31 with 1335 viewssomersetsimon

Chinese Investors on 12:43 - Dec 31 by Dewi1jack

Never underestimate the power of 'cheap' World-wide TV advertising.
Think how many people watch the PL and FA Cup every year.
Plenty of opportunity to increase commercial revenue in the right hands

Think Ashley with his Sports Direct at Newcastle.
How many hoardings? Notices? TV exposure to those?
How much is a 30 second TV ad? In nearly every country?

If that's the case, then we aren't we inundated with overseas companies desperate to spend millions to advertise with us?

I agree that they could make some small wins, but I could never see how any new investor could drop maybe £20m of their own money into the club and hope to make a return.
Chinese Investors on 13:03 - Dec 31 with 1280 viewsSkettyJack

Chinese Investors on 12:07 - Dec 31 by icecoldjack

Nit sure how true it is but I heard that the Chinese group are still hovering and maintain a watching interest.

As far as I understand the sale to the yanks was the quickest way to cash in the multi millions where as the Chinese were looking at a long term strategy to build and invest into the club.

The sellouts were desperate to get money out before the bubble burst so fooked everyone over to do it.

The Chinese folks who were over around 2015/16 apparently have a controlling stake in the Baglan Bay lower station. They are still around as they have plenty of investments in the area
Chinese Investors on 13:33 - Dec 31 with 1212 viewsnantywatcher

Chinese Investors on 12:53 - Dec 31 by somersetsimon

If that's the case, then we aren't we inundated with overseas companies desperate to spend millions to advertise with us?

I agree that they could make some small wins, but I could never see how any new investor could drop maybe £20m of their own money into the club and hope to make a return.

"If that's the case, then we aren't we inundated with overseas companies desperate to spend millions to advertise with us? "

Pearlman is useless could be the answer.
Chinese Investors on 13:43 - Dec 31 with 1167 viewsawayjack

Why? The revenue from TV is increasing dramatically and huge opportunity to generate more commercial income and global sponsorship. The club has been so badly run with costs out of control and piss poor commercial revenue - it's easy to see how to make a decent return of the club is run by professionals and manage to stay in PL.
Chinese Investors on 13:45 - Dec 31 with 1154 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Exactly.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Chinese Investors on 13:49 - Dec 31 with 1138 viewsDewi1jack

Chinese Investors on 12:53 - Dec 31 by somersetsimon

This really is fag book maths but
If a 30 second tv ad is £1000, then a 30 minute one (Sky highlights) of St James Park comes in at around £60k
Times 19 home games (around 10 shown live so 90 minute advert instead of the 30 min worked out) works out at around £1.5 million- expensive in any book.

Works well for Ashley as he owns the club and his companies sell things
Yank hedge fund company make nothing, sell nothing so why do they need to advertise their business?

Selling advertising is a different ball game as you have to actively go out and find people who make things/ sell things and convince them they need to advertise.
Coca Cola spend over $3 Billion a year on advertising!
Someone has convinced them they need to.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Chinese Investors on 15:03 - Dec 31 with 962 viewsDr_Winston

Meetings were held with the council in early 2016 with regards to a number of investments in the city, SCFC included.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024