Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson for Ayew? 12:45 - Dec 31 with 6927 viewsHeadmaster

Mawson could leave for about £20 million with Ayew coming the other way.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-offer-andre-ayew-14097184
Mawson for Ayew? on 12:48 - Dec 31 with 3813 viewsEU5Makaveli

If we could get Ayew plus £15 million+ then i’d be tempted to sell him.
Mawson for Ayew? on 12:59 - Dec 31 with 3750 viewsE20Jack

I would guess they estimate Ayew to be worth £15m. Could be Ayew + £5m. If we can push that to Ayew + £10m then I say we should do it as his attacking threat cn make a huge difference to us and doubt we can get better in our current plight. Fernandez and VdH have been doing well also with Bartley due back.

I am a big Mawson fan. I also imagine Barnsley have a sell on fee attached to Mawson as they did with Stones (sure I read that somewhere), which makes a swap deal even more tempting.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Mawson for Ayew? on 13:05 - Dec 31 with 3705 viewsdameedna

I would take ayew back not sure if he wants to come problem is if hecis being used as a pawn for mawson i dont think he will. Ayew is better than that.

Keep Mawson. Unless he wants out. For mawson west ham is tempting but i think he could play higher and should wait until the summer. Mawson is an outstanding player and hopefully our new manager will convince him and others that he should stay.
Mawson for Ayew? on 13:10 - Dec 31 with 3654 viewsjack247

Would we be able to meet Ayews wage demands? I’d bet he had a chunky pay rise when he went to West Ham and was probably one of our top earners
Mawson for Ayew? on 13:17 - Dec 31 with 3617 viewsKilkennyjack

Mawson for Ayew? on 13:05 - Dec 31 by dameedna

I would take ayew back not sure if he wants to come problem is if hecis being used as a pawn for mawson i dont think he will. Ayew is better than that.

Keep Mawson. Unless he wants out. For mawson west ham is tempting but i think he could play higher and should wait until the summer. Mawson is an outstanding player and hopefully our new manager will convince him and others that he should stay.

I like Mawson.
I also tbink he lacks pace.

Beware of the Risen People

Mawson for Ayew? on 15:08 - Dec 31 with 3349 viewsYossarian

People have short memories- trying to fit Ayew the not the side made us unbalanced. He’s not suited to the Swansea Way so if he came it would be another step away from recovering that playing style. On the positive side, he’s a good professional and would give it his all and he migh5 wven persuade his baby brother to pass the ball.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Mawson for Ayew? on 15:10 - Dec 31 with 3329 viewsDr_Winston

Mawson for Ayew? on 15:08 - Dec 31 by Yossarian

People have short memories- trying to fit Ayew the not the side made us unbalanced. He’s not suited to the Swansea Way so if he came it would be another step away from recovering that playing style. On the positive side, he’s a good professional and would give it his all and he migh5 wven persuade his baby brother to pass the ball.

You do have to consider who was doing the trying at the time.

There's no reason why Ayew can't work in one of the wider roles in a 4-3-3, especially as he'd be nipping in behind Bony.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mawson for Ayew? on 15:11 - Dec 31 with 3321 viewsJackBaston

Was thinking this too
He wanted to play wing but he didn't have the pace, but up top he was fantastic but never wanted to play there

I thought selling him was the right choice the first time but our chairman does love an ex player
Login to get fewer ads

Mawson for Ayew? on 15:17 - Dec 31 with 3266 viewsgiantstoneater

I think we should keep Mawson Bartley is way short of match fitness and could also pick up another injury. We should be looking to strengthen our forward options but not to the detriment of our defence.We also need that playmaker.
Mawson for Ayew? on 15:18 - Dec 31 with 3259 viewsmax936

Would Ayew want to come back here though, it seemed that when he was here he couldn't wait to go the draw of playing with his brother may sway him though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mawson for Ayew? on 15:19 - Dec 31 with 3255 viewsjasfan

I would prefer not to sell Mawson.

If Ayew comes back I would like to see him play at No. 10 where I think he would link up well with Bony. He is an intelligent player, has good movement and scores goals with his feet and head - although not at the same time.

Whatever we do I hope we don't leave it late in the transfer window to complete the deals.
Mawson for Ayew? on 15:20 - Dec 31 with 3244 viewsswan65split

He hasnt sett the world alight has he? his best game was against us , and that on recent form doesnt take a lot.
I think the Hummers are trying pinch a bargain. but if theres $$$$ involved !!!!!
Mawson for Ayew? on 15:21 - Dec 31 with 3238 viewsA_Fans_Dad

£15M for a 28 year old player that has played 16 games with 3 goals and 1 assist.
Not for me, I would prefer someone younger and hungrier.
Mawson for Ayew? on 15:23 - Dec 31 with 3218 viewsYossarian

Mawson for Ayew? on 15:10 - Dec 31 by Dr_Winston

You do have to consider who was doing the trying at the time.

There's no reason why Ayew can't work in one of the wider roles in a 4-3-3, especially as he'd be nipping in behind Bony.

I’m not so sure - but he does know where the net is. It’ll be interesting that’s for sure. Mawson’s body language says it all for me- he wants out- whatever he says publicly.
And thanks for politely disagreeing. I apologise for my rudeness to you recently.
Happy New Year my friend.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Mawson for Ayew? on 15:50 - Dec 31 with 3055 viewsicecoldjack

Mawson for Ayew? on 15:23 - Dec 31 by Yossarian

I’m not so sure - but he does know where the net is. It’ll be interesting that’s for sure. Mawson’s body language says it all for me- he wants out- whatever he says publicly.
And thanks for politely disagreeing. I apologise for my rudeness to you recently.
Happy New Year my friend.

I agree.

He plays like his move is already sorted out .

Been dissappinting since coming back from England in the summer . Sell him for £25 m to fund quality that's needed elsewhere .
Mawson for Ayew? on 15:59 - Dec 31 with 3002 viewsKrisP

How do we know he's not suited to it? We stopped trying to play it before he arrived. Our issue in terms of shape was trying to get him to stay on a touchline when he wanted to be playing through the middle.
Mawson for Ayew? on 16:01 - Dec 31 with 2982 viewsPrivate_Partz

Mawson for Ayew? on 15:50 - Dec 31 by icecoldjack

I agree.

He plays like his move is already sorted out .

Been dissappinting since coming back from England in the summer . Sell him for £25 m to fund quality that's needed elsewhere .

Every player wants out of a team that is a car crash heading for the Championship.
If Carlos can start picking up points them I am sure the form and expectancy of the players will improve.
These transactions have the Jenkins fingerprints all over them.
Avoid at all costs I say. Let the manager decide and he most certainly has not had time to do that yet.
It's a pleasure to disagree with you on the very odd occasion Icey ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mawson for Ayew? on 16:02 - Dec 31 with 2976 viewsswans11

was always difficult to fit ayew to a position was supposed to be on wing but would spend most of his time upfront or in middle did a job when needed as a striker
Mawson for Ayew? on 16:04 - Dec 31 with 2958 viewslondonlisa2001

It may be unfair, but I can't help think that Mawson is acting out 'future England captain' in his head at all times both on and off the pitch.

I suspect he'd love to go to West Ham as it fits into his plan.
Mawson for Ayew? on 16:15 - Dec 31 with 2912 viewsgiantstoneater

Mawson has his faults but he`s still young and we need to keep our best young talent if we can. I see people already beginning to demonise him in readiness for him leaving the club if you look at the rest of our central defenders Fernandez after having a solid start of the season, understandably after recent personal events, has taken his eye off the ball, VDH did a reasonable job covering for FF but is still very much hit and miss at this level and Bartley is coming back from a long term injury and has to recover his fitness and its quite normal for players returning from long term injuries to pick up a few niggles on the way so I believe letting him go, and to a rival for safety, would be a huge mistake. We need to strengthen our attacking options and creativity but lets not weaken the defence at the same time.
Mawson for Ayew? on 16:30 - Dec 31 with 2828 viewslondonlisa2001

Mawson for Ayew? on 16:15 - Dec 31 by giantstoneater

Mawson has his faults but he`s still young and we need to keep our best young talent if we can. I see people already beginning to demonise him in readiness for him leaving the club if you look at the rest of our central defenders Fernandez after having a solid start of the season, understandably after recent personal events, has taken his eye off the ball, VDH did a reasonable job covering for FF but is still very much hit and miss at this level and Bartley is coming back from a long term injury and has to recover his fitness and its quite normal for players returning from long term injuries to pick up a few niggles on the way so I believe letting him go, and to a rival for safety, would be a huge mistake. We need to strengthen our attacking options and creativity but lets not weaken the defence at the same time.

I think we should keep him if we can, I just think he'll want the move as it fits with his ambitions.

One thing I would criticise him for though is, to me, he looks overweight and therefore not as quick as he could be.

In general I think some aspects of his play are excellent and some are very definitely not.
Mawson for Ayew? on 16:40 - Dec 31 with 2765 viewsPrivate_Partz

Mawson for Ayew? on 16:30 - Dec 31 by londonlisa2001

I think we should keep him if we can, I just think he'll want the move as it fits with his ambitions.

One thing I would criticise him for though is, to me, he looks overweight and therefore not as quick as he could be.

In general I think some aspects of his play are excellent and some are very definitely not.

I always think that the way we have been playing I.e. Not keeping possession puts a lot more pressure on our centre backs and defenders making their jobs that much more difficult.
Our back two have had to work much harder over the years than the Ash and Chico combination ever had to imho.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mawson for Ayew? on 16:40 - Dec 31 with 2765 viewsharryhpalmer

you do not sell to your relegation rivals, which West Ham and Southampton are.

anyone in the current bottom 10 are our rivals right now.

As for Ayew. Guidolin sussed him out pretty quickly. He is a striker. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Only Ayew didn't agree.

But do you trust Ayew's judgement, or the man who the wiley old coach who "discovered" Sanchez as a striker?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Mawson for Ayew? on 16:43 - Dec 31 with 2743 viewsgiantstoneater

Mawson for Ayew? on 16:30 - Dec 31 by londonlisa2001

I`d be more worried if he didn`t show any ambition even if one of those was to be "future England Captain". He`s a young player with a lot responsibility on his shoulders we should have bought him a lot earlier than we did so that perhaps Ash could have schooled him for a bit. He will improve I only hope that he improves with us.
Mawson for Ayew? on 16:48 - Dec 31 with 2701 viewslondonlisa2001

Mawson for Ayew? on 16:43 - Dec 31 by giantstoneater

I`d be more worried if he didn`t show any ambition even if one of those was to be "future England Captain". He`s a young player with a lot responsibility on his shoulders we should have bought him a lot earlier than we did so that perhaps Ash could have schooled him for a bit. He will improve I only hope that he improves with us.

He's from London isn't he? Sounds like he is anyway, so he'll want this.

I assume it's his agent pushing the stories about it anyway given the guff about him and the fact the Sun reckon he's worth £40m.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024