Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
29p for a bag of Maris pipers 15:43 - Dec 31 with 4929 viewsCountyJim

How on earth do Aldi manage it great value

And 2.35 for a chicken

Why would you shop elsewhere
29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 15:44 - Dec 31 with 2128 viewsexiledclaseboy

There is no way I’d eat a chicken that cost £2.35.

Poll: Tory leader

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 17:36 - Dec 31 with 2047 viewspikeypaul

So they put a £5.99 price tag on the same chicken then it’s is OK?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 17:37]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 17:40 - Dec 31 with 2041 viewsLohengrin

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 15:44 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

Roast pheasant for you, Sir Andrew?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 18:16 - Dec 31 with 2004 viewsexiledclaseboy

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 17:36 - Dec 31 by pikeypaul

Halfwit

Poll: Tory leader

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 18:24 - Dec 31 with 1979 viewslondonlisa2001

Because they completely screw over their suppliers?
29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 18:30 - Dec 31 with 1965 viewslondonlisa2001

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 17:36 - Dec 31 by pikeypaul

"Brexit, Brexit, stop buying foreign crap, close the borders and stop screwing British workers"

"But the stuff is really cheap"

"Oh, ok then, that's different"

A Free range organic chicken should cost around £12 to £15. If you're paying £2.99 or £5.99 the quality of the chicken is utter crap.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 18:31]
29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 18:46 - Dec 31 with 1941 viewsjack2jack

Cheap as chips!
29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 18:47 - Dec 31 with 1941 viewsFlashberryjack

Really ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 22:28 - Dec 31 with 1846 viewslifelong

I wouldn’t pay £15 for one either.

Aldi do a free range chicken for about a fiver, I’ve eaten loads of them and I’m still walking about.
29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 22:42 - Dec 31 with 1815 viewsJack_Meoff

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 18:16 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

Halfwit

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 22:43 - Dec 31 with 1808 viewsDarran

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 22:28 - Dec 31 by lifelong

I wouldn’t pay £15 for one either.

Aldi do a free range chicken for about a fiver, I’ve eaten loads of them and I’m still walking about.

We’ve had a few free range chickens from Aldi,they were very nice though though I don’t walk around after eating one.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 22:47 - Dec 31 with 1810 viewslifelong

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 22:43 - Dec 31 by Darran

We’ve had a few free range chickens from Aldi,they were very nice though though I don’t walk around after eating one.

You’re still rocking and rolling though.

Happy new year to you and the family Dar.
29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 23:13 - Dec 31 with 1785 viewsmagicdaps10

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 18:30 - Dec 31 by londonlisa2001

"Brexit, Brexit, stop buying foreign crap, close the borders and stop screwing British workers"

A Free range organic chicken should cost around £12 to £15. If you're paying £2.99 or £5.99 the quality of the chicken is utter crap.

A free range chicken should cost around £12-£15..................WTF planet are you living on?!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 23:32 - Dec 31 with 1759 viewsLohengrin

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 23:13 - Dec 31 by magicdaps10

A free range chicken should cost around £12-£15..................WTF planet are you living on?!?

A sun-blessed one where money is no object She's a nice girl, Lisa. She's done extraordinarily well for herself. She's worked hard, graduated from the best university in the world and has reaped the reward. I wouldn't begrudge her any of it, not for a second.

When I read posts like the one she made earlier though it strikes me that she perhaps doesn't appreciate just how much of a struggle it is for a lot of folk around here to make ends meet on very little money. I'm not in that boat myself, thankfully I never have been, but I see enough folk daily who are mired at the bottom to be fully in sympathy with them, to realise what struggle looks like.

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 23:39 - Dec 31 with 1741 viewspikeypaul

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 18:30 - Dec 31 by londonlisa2001

Another little tantrum from miss remoaner.

Don’t worry love it won’t be long now, 453 days. I fecking love it.

It’s nice of Aldi’s and Lidl to supply the poor leftie filth with cheap food.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 23:43]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 23:41 - Dec 31 with 1747 viewsmagicdaps10

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 23:32 - Dec 31 by Lohengrin

A sun-blessed one where money is no object She's a nice girl, Lisa. She's done extraordinarily well for herself. She's worked hard, graduated from the best university in the world and has reaped the reward. I wouldn't begrudge her any of it, not for a second.

When I read posts like the one she made earlier though it strikes me that she perhaps doesn't appreciate just how much of a struggle it is for a lot of folk around here to make ends meet on very little money. I'm not in that boat myself, thankfully I never have been, but I see enough folk daily who are mired at the bottom to be fully in sympathy with them, to realise what struggle looks like.

Well sorry, you could have a degree from all the top uni's in the world but if you are paying that for a free range chicken, you need a good slap in the face!!

Same boat as you, I dont have to count my pennies but I have the intelligence to realise paying top whack does not always mean the best.

I hope your post makes Lisa take stock a little if she is how you portray her.........I read it as, lost touch of her roots.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 23:50 - Dec 31 with 1732 viewsDarran

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 22:47 - Dec 31 by lifelong

You’re still rocking and rolling though.

Happy new year to you and the family Dar.

Have a good one my friend,the nicest man on here. 😍

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 00:19 - Jan 1 with 1702 viewsJack_Meoff

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 23:13 - Dec 31 by magicdaps10

I may be wrong but I think people are misunderstanding Lisa's post. Apologies if I am also. I'm looking at the point being that any chicken within the price range she mentions will be filled full of antibiotics, hormones and, quite frankly, fecal matter. Anyone who's looked into factory farming practices can't help but draw this conclusion. I wouldn't feed that sh*te to my dog let alone my kids, and it's a shame upon us all that this practice continues.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 0:21]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 00:42 - Jan 1 with 1673 viewsJack_Meoff

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 23:39 - Dec 31 by pikeypaul

Another little tantrum from miss remoaner.

Don’t worry love it won’t be long now, 453 days. I fecking love it.

It’s nice of Aldi’s and Lidl to supply the poor leftie filth with cheap food.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 23:43]

You clearly have no idea how much of an utter f*cking tw*t you sound when you type sh*t like this. You're such a simple c*nt too. Bless.

Keep chugging down the Dacre and Murdoch broth of filth. Anyone breaking bread over that cauldron deserves everything they get.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 0:50]

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 01:04 - Jan 1 with 1636 viewscontroversial_jack

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 18:24 - Dec 31 by londonlisa2001

Because they completely screw over their suppliers?

Most items in supermarkets or any shop for that matter have huge mark ups on them - hundreds of percent in many instances , the suppliers do not lose out
29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 01:17 - Jan 1 with 1620 viewsSwanjaxs

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 01:04 - Jan 1 by controversial_jack

Most items in supermarkets or any shop for that matter have huge mark ups on them - hundreds of percent in many instances , the suppliers do not lose out

Tell me bout it.... I paid a shopkeeper £3 for a can of Stronbow dark fruits in a corner shop across the road from the Crabtree in Fulham four years ago, it was getting on a bit to kick off so I had no choice....was about to take a mouthful and a copper took it from my grasp... to make matters worse he made me pour it down a drain or except a 80 quid fine.... cùnt 😠😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 01:40 - Jan 1 with 1599 viewsLohengrin

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 00:19 - Jan 1 by Jack_Meoff

I may be wrong but I think people are misunderstanding Lisa's post. Apologies if I am also. I'm looking at the point being that any chicken within the price range she mentions will be filled full of antibiotics, hormones and, quite frankly, fecal matter. Anyone who's looked into factory farming practices can't help but draw this conclusion. I wouldn't feed that sh*te to my dog let alone my kids, and it's a shame upon us all that this practice continues.

Which is why I prefaced my post by saying she is one of the good guys, Jack.

What are folk to do if the crap stuff is the only thing within their price range? Factory farming is an abomination, nobody would argue differently, but poverty is a trap. Man-made and not inescapable but a trap nonetheless.

Change the system, change lives.

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 01:44 - Jan 1 with 1593 viewsJoe_bradshaw

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 01:40 - Jan 1 by Lohengrin

Which is why I prefaced my post by saying she is one of the good guys, Jack.

What are folk to do if the crap stuff is the only thing within their price range? Factory farming is an abomination, nobody would argue differently, but poverty is a trap. Man-made and not inescapable but a trap nonetheless.

Change the system, change lives.

Excellent post.

I am very thankful that I can afford to be choosy about what I and my family consume.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 01:49 - Jan 1 with 1587 viewsProfessor

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 00:19 - Jan 1 by Jack_Meoff

Aldi and Lidl use the same producers as the other big supermarkets. Same birds, production and processing system as Tesco, Asda and Morrisons. Sainsbury’s use a slightly higher standard as d o Waitrose and Marks. No hormones and no use of antibiotics other than a treatment. Faecal material, yes as chickens are coprophagic.

And don’t be fooled that organic or Free range get it better- they don't
29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 02:07 - Jan 1 with 1571 viewsJack_Meoff

29p for a bag of Maris pipers on 01:49 - Jan 1 by Professor

Aldi and Lidl use the same producers as the other big supermarkets. Same birds, production and processing system as Tesco, Asda and Morrisons. Sainsbury’s use a slightly higher standard as d o Waitrose and Marks. No hormones and no use of antibiotics other than a treatment. Faecal material, yes as chickens are coprophagic.

And don’t be fooled that organic or Free range get it better- they don't

Edited- top post mate
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 2:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024