Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place 01:19 - Jan 1 with 25052 viewsMyFinalHeaven

1. DC United, which Levien owns and is the managing director of. They recently finished tied for last place in the 22 team MLS and scored the fewest number of goals. Last place, least amount of goals--talk about a parallel to us.

2. Memphis Grizzlies, which Kaplan owns and is the Vice Chairman of. Currently dead last in the Western Conference of the NBA.

3. And of course, us. Dead last in the EPL and like DC United, also dead last when it comes to goals scored.

This is a new low in sports ownership history. Never before has an individual or a group of individuals who owned 2 or more clubs ever had them all in last place like this. And these blokes own 3. Congrats on the accomplishment you stupid cvnts. It takes a special kind of incompetence and uselessness to achieve such a task, and somehow you two managed it.

What sticks out for me most is with the other football team they own besides ours, DC United, which has gone down a very similar path to SCFC since Levien took them over back in 2012. It's eerie almost in the similarities. In his first full season as owner in 2013 DC United finished dead last, and in every year of his ownership they've been in the bottom 4 of the league in terms of wage bills. And just like us, Levien has not put a cent into the club. Looking at DC United fans talk about their ownership on social media and on their message board, it's strikingly reminiscent of ours, with their supporters expressing utter hopelessness and frustration about how club brass don't give two fvcks about the club, how they only care about making money, and how even the bare minimum isn't being put in. Have a look at DC United's transfer spending sheet year by year, it's one of the most depressing things I have ever seen. In 6 years of ownership Levien has spent just £4.6m on players, and they had THREE SEASONS WHERE THEY DIDN'T EVEN SPEND A SINGLE DOLLAR ON PLAYERS:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/d-c-united/alletransfers/verein/2440

Levien has ran to the press and postured about how desperate he is to spend and win though. Check out what he said back in April 2013. The team would end up spending £0 on players that season:

“We are willing to spend what it takes to be competitive at the upper echelons of the league,” he said. “The revenue streams are still not there, but while we are mindful of that, we want to win. And we owe it to our fans and our own competitive nature to assemble a roster that can compete with anyone in the league.”

From: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2013/04/29/few-minutes-wit

Sound familiar? That's because it is. Remember what Levien said in his first conference after the takeover about how willing he was to spend, bragging endlessly about his "financial resources," how he wanted to "make a splash," and how we were no longer going to be a selling club or a club that players used as a stepping stone?:

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive...perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

“I think Huw has a tremendous football mind and he’s proven that over more than a decade. We want to make sure Huw and the club have the resources to succeed. We want to make a splash."

But wait, it gets even worse. Let's not forget Levien also said the following:

"Steve and I have both said our first, second and third priority is what's going to help us on the pitch short and long-term."

"Our message to fans is we are very focused on winning and continued success."

"The biggest thing of all is that when we go out on that pitch we're competitive."

"It's something that I love, something that drives me to be involved in sports - you're in the game to win the game and that's why we're here."

We recognise this club means so much to so many people and we take the responsibility as owners very seriously. While we plan on being long-term owners we know the team belongs to the community. In essence, we see ourselves as guardians of the club but it belongs to the fans of Swansea City. One thing we want to be clear about is our priorities as owners. Priority number one, two and three is the performance of the team on the pitch. We will field a competitive team that will battle every week against the greatest teams and players in the world. We know there is always a sense of fear and trepidation when new owners arrive on the scene but we will do everything in our power to win your trust and ensure there is a long and bright future for Swansea City.

Given all this, and with Kaplan and Levien's utterly horrendous track record when it comes to sports ownership, it is absolutely appalling why Jenkins would sell to these two, especially when he's babbled so much over the years about how he wants to ensure Swansea City is in the right hands and continues to move forward when he eventually leaves. It's especially perplexing when you take into account that he had turned down John Jay Moores' attempt to purchase us, someone who actually has a somewhat successful history of owning a team with the San Diego Padres, which he owned from 1994 to 2008. How he could turn down Moores, or anyone really, for these two con men is absolutely incredible. My only guess is that Moores' offer did not include a guarantee he would stay on as chairman and remain in power like K&L's offer, and that Moores was looking to replace him with a proper DoF should he have taken over.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 10:06]

Come on you Swans.

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 00:31 - Jan 2 with 3899 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 02:18 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

The biggest decision of Huw Jenkins life, the decision that would decide his legacy, and instead of being completely open about it and involving everyone, he just messed it all up.

The trouble with con men is that they can make everything sound so perfect. A real person there will be inconsistencies, they will need to think over things. But a con man will always have a good answer ready. He should have known from the Tony Petty era, to involve the fans because there are those who would have have worked them out..

They should sell us on now because unlike in America, if they mess their investment up with us, we go down the leagues and as we go down, their value will plummet. If they (with the help of Huw), decide to sell on and look for new owners, new owners who have a much better background and are willing to invest, that must be the way forward and the best for everyone imo.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 2:26]

It's a bit like "Jack and the Beanstalk" then, only nasty Levien and Kaplan gave His two tins of baked beans ............

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:33 - Jan 2 with 3838 viewsHumpty

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 00:16 - Jan 2 by BanosPerth

I agree with you mate, you can barely use the word 'Jewish' or be critical of Israel these days without somebody bleating and playing the race card. So let's change this for the benefit of the more sensitive souls among us. Let's replace 'Jewish gangsters' with 'Jewish con-men'.

There's few people more critical of Israel on here than me. And yes sometimes supporters of Israel wrongly call me antisemitic for it.

It's hardly the same as calling people "Jewish gangsters" or "Jewish con men" is it? Why not just gangsters and con men? Why emphasise the fact that they are Jews? I didn't even know they were Jewish before Sammy informed me. But that's what people like Sammy like to do. Tell everyone who the Jews are. Jewish this. Jewish that. They own everything you know.

And he has form for this type of thing. As you do now.

I'm not one for over zealous moderating on this forum but how the f*ck is this type of shit allowed to stay on here I don't know.

Not that you, or Sammy, will ever understand why you are wrong will you Banos? Because you're both thick racist c*nts.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:54 - Jan 2 with 3834 viewsBanosPerth

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:33 - Jan 2 by Humpty

There's few people more critical of Israel on here than me. And yes sometimes supporters of Israel wrongly call me antisemitic for it.

It's hardly the same as calling people "Jewish gangsters" or "Jewish con men" is it? Why not just gangsters and con men? Why emphasise the fact that they are Jews? I didn't even know they were Jewish before Sammy informed me. But that's what people like Sammy like to do. Tell everyone who the Jews are. Jewish this. Jewish that. They own everything you know.

I'm not one for over zealous moderating on this forum but how the f*ck is this type of shit allowed to stay on here I don't know.

Not that you, or Sammy, will ever understand why you are wrong will you Banos? Because you're both thick racist c*nts.

Have a nice day.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:02 - Jan 2 with 3829 viewsHumpty

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:54 - Jan 2 by BanosPerth

Have a nice day.

Shithouse c*nt doesn't want to try and defend what he said.

Have a nice day shithouse antisemitic tw*t.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:14 - Jan 2 with 3817 viewsHumpty

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:02 - Jan 2 by Humpty

Shithouse c*nt doesn't want to try and defend what he said.

Have a nice day shithouse antisemitic tw*t.

Still don't want to defend what you said? Why not?

Shithouse?
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 16:23 - Jan 2 with 3700 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Let's not forget Kaplan and Levien tried desperately to convince supporters that Bradley was appointed not because of his nationality but because he was "the best man for the job." Recall their programme notes from the game before Watford last season. How bloody stupid do they think we are? This was an absolute insult to the highest degree.

Notice how they described Bradley's managerial background as "extensive and impressive," painting him like he was Giovanni Trapattoni or something. You couldn't make this up.

Also notice how they feigned regret at not letting the trust know of this appointment, and lamented about how news about their interest in Bradley "leaked" before Guidolin was sacked. Make no mistake: it was absolutely intentional how they made it known they wanted to appoint Bradley while Guidolin WAS STILL MANAGER, and there was no real leak. Not only were they looking to send a message that his job was on the line, but more crookedly, they were pressuring him to resign. By their own admission in this letter, they said their plans to appoint Bradley was "sharply restricted strictly to Huw Jenkins and the two of us." If that is so, who else could have leaked it besides one of those 3?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 16:25]

Come on you Swans.

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 18:43 - Jan 2 with 3662 viewssammylee3

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:33 - Jan 2 by Humpty

I have form on this thread saying Jews own most major companies in America FACT, most major banks inc central banks FACT, most own major Sports teams in US FACT, our owners are jewish Americans FACT, Jews own Facebook, Google, twitter and most newspapers Fact. Jews also own the Swans fact.Good luck to all of the above and good fortune but facts are fooking FACTS retard; and one more thing if Malaysians own Cardiff and Qataris own Many City would I be allowed to Say Malaysian gangsters or would you shout antisemitism or racism you PC foocktard??? or is it the J word that worries you so much.

Have I said anything bad about Jews in general NO quite the opposite, so stfu.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 18:58]
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 21:52 - Jan 2 with 3615 viewsthereisnospoon

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 16:23 - Jan 2 by MyFinalHeaven

Let's not forget Kaplan and Levien tried desperately to convince supporters that Bradley was appointed not because of his nationality but because he was "the best man for the job." Recall their programme notes from the game before Watford last season. How bloody stupid do they think we are? This was an absolute insult to the highest degree.

Notice how they described Bradley's managerial background as "extensive and impressive," painting him like he was Giovanni Trapattoni or something. You couldn't make this up.

Also notice how they feigned regret at not letting the trust know of this appointment, and lamented about how news about their interest in Bradley "leaked" before Guidolin was sacked. Make no mistake: it was absolutely intentional how they made it known they wanted to appoint Bradley while Guidolin WAS STILL MANAGER, and there was no real leak. Not only were they looking to send a message that his job was on the line, but more crookedly, they were pressuring him to resign. By their own admission in this letter, they said their plans to appoint Bradley was "sharply restricted strictly to Huw Jenkins and the two of us." If that is so, who else could have leaked it besides one of those 3?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 16:25]

hj, kaplan, and levien's attempts to push guidolin out and intentionally leaking news of their interest in bradley while he was still manager is one of the scummiest things this football club has ever done
Login to get fewer ads

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 22:10 - Jan 2 with 3607 viewssammylee3

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 21:52 - Jan 2 by thereisnospoon

hj, kaplan, and levien's attempts to push guidolin out and intentionally leaking news of their interest in bradley while he was still manager is one of the scummiest things this football club has ever done

we'll see what there intentions are when we are skint in the championship
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 22:13 - Jan 2 with 3598 viewsthereisnospoon

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 22:10 - Jan 2 by sammylee3

we'll see what there intentions are when we are skint in the championship

we won't because they'll just cut their losses and sell us. vulture capitalists never stick around for the long term
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 22:30 - Jan 2 with 3584 viewsthereisnospoon

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 16:40 - Jan 1 by Humpty

No I'm not happy they own our club. And they are doing what I expected them to do. That's why I'm angry the club was sold to them.

I agree with you on that.

You know damn well what I disagree with you about though. F*cking idiot.

i'm not saying i agree with him but if you look it up, the vast majority of the 27 people who make up the majority owners are jewish investors. levien, kaplan brothers (steve and jed), aronson, berg, hernreich, wersdesheim, rosenbloom, schapiro brothers (ian and edward), and snyderman are all jews
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 18:34 - Jan 6 with 3454 viewsJoe_Allen

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 10:48 - Jan 1 by thereisnospoon

i get it now lads, it all makes sense.

when levien talked about spending and investing to make us successful he was talking in regards to when we play in the conference. once we slip down the ladder and when his hedge fund have sucked us and the parachute payments dry, we'll definitely be able to "compete with anyone in the league" like he said. in regards to spending, he was referring to spending money (club money of course) on travel and lodging costs to bring over his dc united players to sign with us. the mls is a very mediocre league, somewhere in between league one and the championship in terms of quality, but they should be able to play conference national clubs off the park with relative ease.

and when he talks about swansea city no longer being a selling and stepping stone club, he's right. by the time we've dropped down the divisions no one is going to even want to play for us, much less use us as a stepping stone. just look at what happened with blackpool, portsmouth, and coventry. they all went through multiple seasons where they hardly had the minimum number of players in their squad. there was a time back in 2014 when blackpool only had 8 players on their books

[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 10:50]

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 07:38 - Jan 10 with 3312 viewsNirvana

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 01:25 - Jan 1 by FerrieBodde

Jason Levien is a total f ucking fraud. I've lived in the States for the better part of the last decade so I'm very familiar with the NBA and his time as an NBA agent, and it's not good. The guy was a flat out cancer and pretty much blacklisted from the league after falling out with team after team. The guy was an executive with the Kings, the 76ers, and the Grizzlies (in partnership with Kaplan), and he didn't last a year in any of those positions.

We're literally dealing with a man here who concocted a sob story in an effort to hurt and slander a rival agent. Back in 2004 Levien made one his clients (Mario Austin) go on television and cry crocodile tears about how his former agent (Bill Duffy) had forced him to sign with a team in Russia for his own financial gain. It turned out to be all lies. This is as scummy as it gets. You can read more about it here:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/grizzlies-ceo-jason-levien-fired-front-offi

As it says in that article, a league source described Levien as "just a bad guy." And that is exactly what he is. He is an absolute scumbag, and one of the most disingenuous, shameless, and deceitful liars I have ever seen.

From the time he worked in the NBA until he left, it was all about him. The nob is the quintessential rich kid, one that is sorely pretentious and arrogant--he grew up wealthy, never took responsibility or answered for any of his own mistakes, and was pretty much given the world. He was a power hungry control freak who thought he had all the answers and was always the smartest guy in the room. Every executive role he had ended up in flames with a power struggle, so he got fed up and decided to buy and manage his own teams. And just take look at how that's turned out. DC United and Swansea City have both been shambolic since he took over and are going down faster than a bloody lead balloon.

But you know what? Ultimately I blame Huw Jenkins in all of this. Levien and Kaplan are probably the two worst possible people to sell your sports team to, and somehow Jenkins did it. It literally would take just a 10, no 5 minute Google search to look up these two, look at their atrocious histories, and realize that they are bad news. Seriously. Any sort of hasty or even casual research of Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan would tell you full well the kind of fraudulent, swindler c unts they are. How Jenkins thought it was a good idea to sell to these two is beyond me.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 10:14]

Excellent OP.

And excellent post, Ferrie.

These ffukkerrs really suck at owning sports teams.

JENKINS OUT.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 08:03 - Jan 12 with 3099 viewsMyFinalHeaven

From "we will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so" and "we will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom" to not even budging on a £5m valuation in a position we desperately upgrading in?

Honestly at this point I don't know why Levien doesn't just loan in rejects and youth players from his DC United dross. If he wants to save money that bad he might as well just go all the way instead of masquerading around and putting up this charade that we're actually going to spend any money on players.

Come on you Swans.

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 16:18 - Jan 13 with 2929 viewsthereisnospoon

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 11:14 - Jan 1 by Dewi1jack

Thanks for that.

Can't work out if you're a happy pessimist or an unhappy optimist

Happy and a peaceful New Year one and all.
Beaky and the rest can't sell that from under us!

no problem mate. out of those two, i'd say I lean towards being a happy pessimist. but really I'm just fed up with the cretins that currently own our club.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 18:37 - Jan 13 with 2848 viewsBloodyhills

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:47 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

The things that people can do for money. Money can blind people, money can turn people crazy. The number of people who have killed their wives or husbands to claim the life insurance. That's how far people can take it for the love of money.

What Jenkins did, we can all see it (apart from him), that it was wrong. He should never have done it to our club, to put us in this predicament.

But I'm never going to think that he sold it to them thinking that they would turn out to be as bad as they have, he was obviously hoping that they would do well, in order for him to come out on top..

I'm thinking that Jenkins et al sold the club not caring one bit how it affected the club, there only thought probably being about maximising share value quickly while fearful of relegation. My guess is that they would have spent at few minutes finding out what the Americans were about and didn't care.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 20:43 - May 13 with 2367 viewsMyFinalHeaven

The final results are in for the 2017/2018 season:

Memphis Grizzlies - finished last place
DC United - finished 2nd to last, scored the least goals in the league
Swansea City - tied 2nd to last, scored the least goals in the league, relegated

You really got to hand it to these owners. It takes a special kind of incompetence, idiocy, and ineptitude to be this fvcking bad. And across 3 sports too. It beggars belief. Congrats to Kaplan and Levien for setting a new standard of failure in sports ownership. I doubt anyone will ever break this record, it's remarkable.

They're lucky relegation only exists in the Premier League. If it did in America, the Grizzlies would have went down and DC United would be in the 3rd tier right now.

Come on you Swans.

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 20:57 - May 13 with 2340 viewsthereisnospoon

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive...perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

“I think Huw has a tremendous football mind and he’s proven that over more than a decade. We want to make sure Huw and the club have the resources to succeed. We want to make a splash."

these guys aren't businessmen. they're professional bullsh1t merchants and frauds. all they do is talk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024