Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place 01:19 - Jan 1 with 26107 viewsMyFinalHeaven

1. DC United, which Levien owns and is the managing director of. They recently finished tied for last place in the 22 team MLS and scored the fewest number of goals. Last place, least amount of goals--talk about a parallel to us.

2. Memphis Grizzlies, which Kaplan owns and is the Vice Chairman of. Currently dead last in the Western Conference of the NBA.

3. And of course, us. Dead last in the EPL and like DC United, also dead last when it comes to goals scored.

This is a new low in sports ownership history. Never before has an individual or a group of individuals who owned 2 or more clubs ever had them all in last place like this. And these blokes own 3. Congrats on the accomplishment you stupid cvnts. It takes a special kind of incompetence and uselessness to achieve such a task, and somehow you two managed it.

What sticks out for me most is with the other football team they own besides ours, DC United, which has gone down a very similar path to SCFC since Levien took them over back in 2012. It's eerie almost in the similarities. In his first full season as owner in 2013 DC United finished dead last, and in every year of his ownership they've been in the bottom 4 of the league in terms of wage bills. And just like us, Levien has not put a cent into the club. Looking at DC United fans talk about their ownership on social media and on their message board, it's strikingly reminiscent of ours, with their supporters expressing utter hopelessness and frustration about how club brass don't give two fvcks about the club, how they only care about making money, and how even the bare minimum isn't being put in. Have a look at DC United's transfer spending sheet year by year, it's one of the most depressing things I have ever seen. In 6 years of ownership Levien has spent just £4.6m on players, and they had THREE SEASONS WHERE THEY DIDN'T EVEN SPEND A SINGLE DOLLAR ON PLAYERS:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/d-c-united/alletransfers/verein/2440

Levien has ran to the press and postured about how desperate he is to spend and win though. Check out what he said back in April 2013. The team would end up spending £0 on players that season:

“We are willing to spend what it takes to be competitive at the upper echelons of the league,” he said. “The revenue streams are still not there, but while we are mindful of that, we want to win. And we owe it to our fans and our own competitive nature to assemble a roster that can compete with anyone in the league.”

From: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2013/04/29/few-minutes-wit

Sound familiar? That's because it is. Remember what Levien said in his first conference after the takeover about how willing he was to spend, bragging endlessly about his "financial resources," how he wanted to "make a splash," and how we were no longer going to be a selling club or a club that players used as a stepping stone?:

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive...perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

“I think Huw has a tremendous football mind and he’s proven that over more than a decade. We want to make sure Huw and the club have the resources to succeed. We want to make a splash."

But wait, it gets even worse. Let's not forget Levien also said the following:

"Steve and I have both said our first, second and third priority is what's going to help us on the pitch short and long-term."

"Our message to fans is we are very focused on winning and continued success."

"The biggest thing of all is that when we go out on that pitch we're competitive."

"It's something that I love, something that drives me to be involved in sports - you're in the game to win the game and that's why we're here."

We recognise this club means so much to so many people and we take the responsibility as owners very seriously. While we plan on being long-term owners we know the team belongs to the community. In essence, we see ourselves as guardians of the club but it belongs to the fans of Swansea City. One thing we want to be clear about is our priorities as owners. Priority number one, two and three is the performance of the team on the pitch. We will field a competitive team that will battle every week against the greatest teams and players in the world. We know there is always a sense of fear and trepidation when new owners arrive on the scene but we will do everything in our power to win your trust and ensure there is a long and bright future for Swansea City.

Given all this, and with Kaplan and Levien's utterly horrendous track record when it comes to sports ownership, it is absolutely appalling why Jenkins would sell to these two, especially when he's babbled so much over the years about how he wants to ensure Swansea City is in the right hands and continues to move forward when he eventually leaves. It's especially perplexing when you take into account that he had turned down John Jay Moores' attempt to purchase us, someone who actually has a somewhat successful history of owning a team with the San Diego Padres, which he owned from 1994 to 2008. How he could turn down Moores, or anyone really, for these two con men is absolutely incredible. My only guess is that Moores' offer did not include a guarantee he would stay on as chairman and remain in power like K&L's offer, and that Moores was looking to replace him with a proper DoF should he have taken over.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 10:06]

Come on you Swans.

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:47 - Jan 1 with 2679 viewsSwanseaman

The things that people can do for money. Money can blind people, money can turn people crazy. The number of people who have killed their wives or husbands to claim the life insurance. That's how far people can take it for the love of money.

What Jenkins did, we can all see it (apart from him), that it was wrong. He should never have done it to our club, to put us in this predicament.

But I'm never going to think that he sold it to them thinking that they would turn out to be as bad as they have, he was obviously hoping that they would do well, in order for him to come out on top..

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:50 - Jan 1 with 2674 viewsHumpty

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:38 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

We didn't all just know. We didn't know for sure. We were all fed their bullshit, and most of us hoped they would turn out to be OK.

Now we know, now we know for 100% certain what they are like.

And I don't think Jenkins sold to them thinking they would turn out this bad. I'm not sticking up for him at all by saying that. He was wrong in what he did, but he would have been hoping they would have been a lot better than they have.

Do you think that Jenkins really knew how bad the Americas would turnout to be?

I'm sure Jenkins didn't give a f*ck about how bad the Americans might be.

I think he had something far more important on his mind. I'm sure he would have liked it to have gone better than it has, but it wasn't a major consideration for him.

And please. Anyone with a brain did know. The bullshit they fed us was obviously bullshit from the start. American vulture capitalists do not take over football clubs for the good of the football club. They do it to make money. It was f*cking obvious from the start.

I'm not having a go at you. Just trying to get you to see things as they are. It was f*cking obvious.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:11 - Jan 1 with 2665 viewsSwanseaman

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:50 - Jan 1 by Humpty

I'm sure Jenkins didn't give a f*ck about how bad the Americans might be.

I think he had something far more important on his mind. I'm sure he would have liked it to have gone better than it has, but it wasn't a major consideration for him.

And please. Anyone with a brain did know. The bullshit they fed us was obviously bullshit from the start. American vulture capitalists do not take over football clubs for the good of the football club. They do it to make money. It was f*cking obvious from the start.

I'm not having a go at you. Just trying to get you to see things as they are. It was f*cking obvious.

People can say that Jenkins knew for certain who he was selling to and the trouble the club would get in.

I don't agree with that though..
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 4:12]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:15 - Jan 1 with 2655 viewsHumpty

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:11 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

People can say that Jenkins knew for certain who he was selling to and the trouble the club would get in.

I don't agree with that though..
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 4:12]

Ok.

I think 8 million quid was more important to Huw than Swansea City Football Club.

We'll agree to differ.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:17 - Jan 1 with 2654 viewsSwanseaman

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:15 - Jan 1 by Humpty

Ok.

I think 8 million quid was more important to Huw than Swansea City Football Club.

We'll agree to differ.

I also agree to differ.

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:37 - Jan 1 with 2636 viewsHumpty

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:17 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

I also agree to differ.

Ok.

I also think you're thick.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:51 - Jan 1 with 2634 viewsSwanseaman

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:37 - Jan 1 by Humpty

Ok.

I also think you're thick.

And I think that you can try and get people to believe (and a lot will) your bullshit that Jenkins knew this and knew that.

But it is so obvious, at a matter of fact nothing has ever been so obvious, that he didn't know how bad they would turn out to be, you will never convince me of your bullshit.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 4:52]

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 05:11 - Jan 1 with 2622 viewsHumpty

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:38 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

We didn't all just know. We didn't know for sure. We were all fed their bullshit, and most of us hoped they would turn out to be OK.

Now we know, now we know for 100% certain what they are like.

And I don't think Jenkins sold to them thinking they would turn out this bad. I'm not sticking up for him at all by saying that. He was wrong in what he did, but he would have been hoping they would have been a lot better than they have.

Do you think that Jenkins really knew how bad the Americas would turnout to be?

No. Not everone knew. But some of us did. Seriously mate. It was f*cking obvious.

Do I think that Jenkins really knew how bad the Americas would turnout to be?

I don't think he gave two f*cks mate. He wanted his small investment turned into a massive whopping eight million paycheck. Before we got relegated, where his investment would have been worth far far less. Everything about his behaviour leads me to think that. I'm sure he would have wanted it to go better than it has, for his own sake at least. But it didn't. I'm sure Huw Jenkins, and Dineen, and Morgan, can live with that though.

It was pretty obvious from the start.
Login to get fewer ads

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 05:16 - Jan 1 with 2623 viewswobbly

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 05:11 - Jan 1 by Humpty

No. Not everone knew. But some of us did. Seriously mate. It was f*cking obvious.

I don't think he gave two f*cks mate. He wanted his small investment turned into a massive whopping eight million paycheck. Before we got relegated, where his investment would have been worth far far less. Everything about his behaviour leads me to think that. I'm sure he would have wanted it to go better than it has, for his own sake at least. But it didn't. I'm sure Huw Jenkins, and Dineen, and Morgan, can live with that though.

Let’s not forget that the sellout sc*mbags had already made 4-5x their original investment just through the dividend payments. Each year of dividends was the same as their initial investment of £1 per share.

So when they clearly didn’t care who gave them their massive 100x return, they had already had a pretty decent return.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 05:18 - Jan 1 with 2615 viewsHumpty

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:51 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

And I think that you can try and get people to believe (and a lot will) your bullshit that Jenkins knew this and knew that.

But it is so obvious, at a matter of fact nothing has ever been so obvious, that he didn't know how bad they would turn out to be, you will never convince me of your bullshit.

Heh.

Ok. I'm not saying Jenkins knew anything. I'm saying Jenkins and the rest didn't care about anything. Apart from getting a load of money. The long term future of SCFC wasn't the first thing on their minds though. I'm pretty sure of that.

Swallow their bullshit if you like. The facts don't back you up. I watch the bullshit every week.

Sad you've been done though.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 05:26 - Jan 1 with 2613 viewsHumpty

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 05:16 - Jan 1 by wobbly

Let’s not forget that the sellout sc*mbags had already made 4-5x their original investment just through the dividend payments. Each year of dividends was the same as their initial investment of £1 per share.

So when they clearly didn’t care who gave them their massive 100x return, they had already had a pretty decent return.

Sssshhh mun.

Huw only wanted the best for us and is massively disappointed about how it all turned out. FFS mun.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 05:35 - Jan 1 with 2611 viewsSwanseaman

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 05:11 - Jan 1 by Humpty

Ah, you've contradicted yourself.

You say that 'I'm sure he would have wanted it to go better than it has, for his own sake at least.'.

So you are actually agreeing with me :)

That's all I've been saying, he didn't expect them to be as bad as they have turned out to be...

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 05:53 - Jan 1 with 2598 viewsHumpty

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 04:51 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

Listen dull c*nt, there were two types of owners who had any stake in Swansea City prior to this sale. One was the trust, who for all their mistakes, did have the future of SCFC at their heart. The other were people who wanted to make money for themselves. That's why the latter group kept the former group out of the equation.

Why would the sellers who wanted money for themselves want to keep out the largest shareholder? Because the largest shareholder was the one who's only concern was SCFC. It's that's f*cking simple.

Sorry if you don't get it. And sorry I called you a dull c*nt.But you're either a very dull c*nt or someone who's working for the real c*nts.

And if you are you should just f*ck off now. We don't believe your poor old Huw bullshit anymore.

That's about it.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 06:13 - Jan 1 with 2597 viewsLeonWasGod

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 01:51 - Jan 1 by thereisnospoon

that press conference from levien saying how he was going to invest to make us competitive as possible and win is hysterical. i think i also recall him talking about how he was going to make us into a european qualifying team.

hard to qualify for europe when you're in the relegation spots isn't it mr. levien

Fair play league or a cup win would do it. Tsk, some people have no imagination .

Great thread. Should be a sticky, but will probably be pulled. We could end up like Blackpool on and off the pitch the way things are going.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 07:42 - Jan 1 with 2581 viewsderijack

I suppose the one thing we can cling to is that relegation exists. If I am right it doesn’t in the MLS?.

So if they take the same approach as they did with DC United we will go down and down again. The club will then be worthless to them.

It won’t be nice to watch but this is where the trust needs to ensure it can step in at that stage with funds to save the club..

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 07:43 - Jan 1 with 2581 viewsderijack

You’ve probably done an hours research for that. A whole hour more than the selling shareholders did. It’s that simple

These facts should be spread far and wide also..
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 7:50]

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:31 - Jan 1 with 2487 viewsawayjack

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 03:47 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

The things that people can do for money. Money can blind people, money can turn people crazy. The number of people who have killed their wives or husbands to claim the life insurance. That's how far people can take it for the love of money.

What Jenkins did, we can all see it (apart from him), that it was wrong. He should never have done it to our club, to put us in this predicament.

But I'm never going to think that he sold it to them thinking that they would turn out to be as bad as they have, he was obviously hoping that they would do well, in order for him to come out on top..

It's called due diligence to make sure you know who you're selling out to. Jenkins and co so blinded by payday they did very little DD. Greedy bxstards.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:32 - Jan 1 with 2485 viewsmonmouth

I’m sure Jenkins would have preferred things to turn out better, but he didn’t care a shit whether they would or not when he sold the club in a deceitful underhand way to anyone that would pony up the cash. He had one priority and one only, the financial gain of Huw Jenkins. The only reason he will ever regret it one little jot is if his reputation is trashed, so again for personal reasons rather than for the fate of the club.

Jenkins is a grade A c*nt. That’s all there is to it.

As to the Yanko, if the Trust trust these conmen, then they are just repeating Jenkins actions for different reasons, which would be worse. We KNOW and care what we are dealing with. Certainly do not believe a single solitary word they say to you. NOT. ONE. WORD. We simply must not do a deal with these people based on any promises or presumptions. Actually it’s obvious that we must not do a deal at all, isn’t it?

Cracking OP btw.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 9:34]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:50 - Jan 1 with 2454 viewsYossarian

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 02:19 - Jan 1 by longlostjack

I really hope that The Swansea Council wakes up before it's too late. FFS don't let these guys own / lease a square inch of the Liberty.

Absolutely mate. I’ve been saying this at every opportunity on here, as this appears to be the clear imminent threat to the future of this football club. Unless I have missed something- that it is already a done deal- then the Trust and Alliance need to be united in a campaign to lobby the Council to prevent this thing happening. I would also see if enough noise can be made to get someone interested in buying the club off the Yanks.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:50 - Jan 1 with 2455 viewsPrivate_Partz

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 02:15 - Jan 1 by clloy2

I suspect HJ didn't turn down Moores offer, it was the trust. Presumably the trust can confirm this.

A good point and that was my reading of it as well.
This is the very reason the Trust were excluded from any involvement and due diligence when Yank 2 came acalling.
Also why the Chinese were giving short thrift. It was a mad rush to sell the shares, forgetting about the SHA as well in the process .
All this regardless of who they were selling to. Imho they didn't know or didn't care as long as the cash flowed in.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:52 - Jan 1 with 2452 viewslifelong

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:32 - Jan 1 by monmouth

I’m sure Jenkins would have preferred things to turn out better, but he didn’t care a shit whether they would or not when he sold the club in a deceitful underhand way to anyone that would pony up the cash. He had one priority and one only, the financial gain of Huw Jenkins. The only reason he will ever regret it one little jot is if his reputation is trashed, so again for personal reasons rather than for the fate of the club.

As to the Yanko, if the Trust trust these conmen, then they are just repeating Jenkins actions for different reasons, which would be worse. We KNOW and care what we are dealing with. Certainly do not believe a single solitary word they say to you. NOT. ONE. WORD. We simply must not do a deal with these people based on any promises or presumptions. Actually it’s obvious that we must not do a deal at all, isn’t it?

Cracking OP btw.

It makes for grim reading regarding the future of the club, it highlights the fact that the slightest bit of research by the sell outs would have told them exactly who they were selling to and the type of people they were.
Disgraceful.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:53 - Jan 1 with 2449 viewsConcerned_Parent

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 01:25 - Jan 1 by FerrieBodde

Jason Levien is a total f ucking fraud. I've lived in the States for the better part of the last decade so I'm very familiar with the NBA and his time as an NBA agent, and it's not good. The guy was a flat out cancer and pretty much blacklisted from the league after falling out with team after team. The guy was an executive with the Kings, the 76ers, and the Grizzlies (in partnership with Kaplan), and he didn't last a year in any of those positions.

We're literally dealing with a man here who concocted a sob story in an effort to hurt and slander a rival agent. Back in 2004 Levien made one his clients (Mario Austin) go on television and cry crocodile tears about how his former agent (Bill Duffy) had forced him to sign with a team in Russia for his own financial gain. It turned out to be all lies. This is as scummy as it gets. You can read more about it here:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/grizzlies-ceo-jason-levien-fired-front-offi

As it says in that article, a league source described Levien as "just a bad guy." And that is exactly what he is. He is an absolute scumbag, and one of the most disingenuous, shameless, and deceitful liars I have ever seen.

From the time he worked in the NBA until he left, it was all about him. The nob is the quintessential rich kid, one that is sorely pretentious and arrogant--he grew up wealthy, never took responsibility or answered for any of his own mistakes, and was pretty much given the world. He was a power hungry control freak who thought he had all the answers and was always the smartest guy in the room. Every executive role he had ended up in flames with a power struggle, so he got fed up and decided to buy and manage his own teams. And just take look at how that's turned out. DC United and Swansea City have both been shambolic since he took over and are going down faster than a bloody lead balloon.

But you know what? Ultimately I blame Huw Jenkins in all of this. Levien and Kaplan are probably the two worst possible people to sell your sports team to, and somehow Jenkins did it. It literally would take just a 10, no 5 minute Google search to look up these two, look at their atrocious histories, and realize that they are bad news. Seriously. Any sort of hasty or even casual research of Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan would tell you full well the kind of fraudulent, swindler c unts they are. How Jenkins thought it was a good idea to sell to these two is beyond me.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 10:14]

Can't believe a scoundrel like this owns our football club. What a disgrace.

I've seen his mug at the liberty a couple times and it's really hard not to want to punch him. Fúcking big eared rat faced cúnt.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:53 - Jan 1 with 2447 viewsYossarian

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 05:35 - Jan 1 by Swanseaman

Ah, you've contradicted yourself.

You say that 'I'm sure he would have wanted it to go better than it has, for his own sake at least.'.

So you are actually agreeing with me :)

That's all I've been saying, he didn't expect them to be as bad as they have turned out to be...

Put the buffoon on ignore. It’s the only way.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:55 - Jan 1 with 2438 viewswobbly

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:32 - Jan 1 by monmouth

Cracking OP btw.

The only thing I would say is you’re letting the other sc*mbags off the hook. Katzen, Morgan, Dineen, Van Zweden and the rest are equally as bad as Jenkins and shouldn’t be let off the hook.
Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:56 - Jan 1 with 2431 viewsYossarian

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place on 09:52 - Jan 1 by lifelong

It makes for grim reading regarding the future of the club, it highlights the fact that the slightest bit of research by the sell outs would have told them exactly who they were selling to and the type of people they were.
Disgraceful.

It also makes you wonder how the Yanks could ever pass the ‘fit and proper person’ test for the Premier League. What a total feckin joke that is!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024