Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion 11:20 - Jan 1 with 52779 viewsQJumpingJack

Davies critical of the Trust and claims meetings did happen in March??

http://www.dai-sport.com/former-swans-shareholder-rob-davies-says-club-heading-o
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 11:25]
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:06 - Jan 1 with 2091 viewsmahoss

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:49 - Jan 1 by TheResurrection

Whoa now FFS get a grip man!!! There is no "getting it back" - as it was never ours in your romantic context.

The term "getting it back" should be erased for ever, it makes no sense whatsoever and is playing right into the sell outs hands.

You want the club "THEY" made?!

The Club will always be the City's Football Club but the people, throughout time, that operate it could be anyone, and like other club's we've had our fair share of good and bad, unfortunately thats to be expected and if we don't have the £100m to buy it ourselves, that's the way it will just be. The best time ever to be a Jack has been the last 15 years, and that, Chad, is why balance should ALWAYS be commanded.

It's a simple matter of FACT that without these guys and the various others who greatly contributed we would not have had some of our undying memories, memories that will be the tales of folklore for generations to come. Wembley, Valencia and the League Cup being highlights no one, NO ONE would EVER have dreamed of.

There is also no guarantee that even if the Trust had been involved throughout the whole process we would have got better owners - the chance to vet, do the due diligence etc would have been nice, granted, but no guarantees.

So the pitch forks and KKK like witch hunting that's going on is not only sickening, but it's also going to have a make all or break all effect on our Premier League survival.

And the one thing Robert Davies was right about, if we do go down, it could very well have a drastic conclusion for the us all and the City.

By all means, force Jenkins and Co out, but in the Summer not at this crucial time, and when it can be planned for properly.

I totally agree
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:06 - Jan 1 with 2090 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:57 - Jan 1 by TheResurrection

Come on mate, that's just laughable.

You "suspect"?? Based on what exactly? Their nationality??

The whole Chinese potential offer is the biggest white elephant in the room and there's already a zoo full.

I honestly never expected to see any fan on this website be in support of keeping Jenkins in his position for one second more than is absolutely necessary.
The upcoming player selection is 10 times better off without any, I repeat any input from Jenkins.
One gets the impression that the people suggesting he should stay are in some way related to him or his.
The RES is not the same person he was when I first joined this forum, he has undergone a complete switch.
E20 I do not know at all, but one thing you do not do is leave a Judas like Jenkins in place where he can create more untold havoc than he already has.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:08 - Jan 1 with 2075 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:04 - Jan 1 by BarrySwan

My local council charge about £80 for one of their tractors to cut the a field 4 times the size of the Vetch.

I have to say that my recurring impression of the relationship between the other shareholders and the Trust was one of disdain shown to the major shareholder that the Trust is by those who had a much smaller holding over the years.

I did quite often urge the Trust Board to stand up and assert it's status when being sidelined and treated with disdain over many many years. I was usually overuled as it was argued that our supporter director had to keep calm and establish and build on his budding relationship with the other directors in order to be able to propose and get ideas and motions approved.

Whilst appreciating that not everyone agreed with my harder line stance I didn't agree with the softly softly approach that was always adopted but was mostly in a minority of one in regards to my 'Stand up for yourself' suggested line of action.

Perhaps the Trust is regretting not standing up to the other shareholders more now given whats happened.

BTW if it is alleged that anyone is misrepresenting events in regards to an offer to buy 20% of the shares off the Trust this needs to be challenged openly.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 13:15]

"Minority of one"? Not sure about that.Did you have a different username?

Otherwise, spot on. And now we have 2 ex Trust Board members who were more than non co-operatibe in all that you've written making a lot of noise elsewhere.

For all those years it was just carry on while we cosy up to them.

Fack me, it's hard to get my head around it

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:10 - Jan 1 with 2056 views34dfgdf54

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:49 - Jan 1 by TheResurrection

Whoa now FFS get a grip man!!! There is no "getting it back" - as it was never ours in your romantic context.

The term "getting it back" should be erased for ever, it makes no sense whatsoever and is playing right into the sell outs hands.

The Club will always be the City's Football Club but the people, throughout time, that operate it could be anyone, and like other club's we've had our fair share of good and bad, unfortunately thats to be expected and if we don't have the £100m to buy it ourselves, that's the way it will just be. The best time ever to be a Jack has been the last 15 years, and that, Chad, is why balance should ALWAYS be commanded.

It's a simple matter of FACT that without these guys and the various others who greatly contributed we would not have had some of our undying memories, memories that will be the tales of folklore for generations to come. Wembley, Valencia and the League Cup being highlights no one, NO ONE would EVER have dreamed of.

There is also no guarantee that even if the Trust had been involved throughout the whole process we would have got better owners - the chance to vet, do the due diligence etc would have been nice, granted, but no guarantees.

So the pitch forks and KKK like witch hunting that's going on is not only sickening, but it's also going to have a make all or break all effect on our Premier League survival.

And the one thing Robert Davies was right about, if we do go down, it could very well have a drastic conclusion for the us all and the City.

By all means, force Jenkins and Co out, but in the Summer not at this crucial time, and when it can be planned for properly.

Res, I enjoy reading your posts despite not always agreeing. But this topic you’re really confusing me on.

You’ve probably answered this umpteen times so apologies for asking again, but what’s changed your opinion? A few months ago you was willing to chip in for a big Jenkins Out flag. Since they’ve (sellers) completely shown themselves up as liars and sold us down the river to the highest bidders, but now you suddenly seem intent on highlighting all of the positives regarding them.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 15:11]
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:10 - Jan 1 with 2055 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:09 - Jan 1 by jack247

Not sure I agree with that.

Putting emotions to one side, his performance over the last couple of seasons speaks for itself. Yes, he made some great signings last January, if he was fit for purpose, he wouldn’t have had to as he would have done a competent job the previous summer.

On top of that, his statement the other day implies strained relations with the Americans as well as the Trust. It makes little difference to me whether he goes now or at the end of the season. He needs to go though.

I disagree in the main.

But I agree with the Summer of 2016, he definitely put the sale of their shares above our recruitment and planning for that season.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:14 - Jan 1 with 2036 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:15 - Jan 1 with 2032 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:25 - Jan 1 by Flashberryjack

"The American money has kept the club afloat"
What money ? that's exactly what I thought.

Do you understand the seriousness of supporting an going over an overdraft agreement, in Premier League terms?

That's where - this isn't even a topic. The Trust know this although keep very quite about it.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:17 - Jan 1 with 2015 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:47 - Jan 1 by Darran

Can I ask you some serious questions please?

Are you really a Swans fan? Are you from Swansea? Do you actually go to games?

Yes. No. Yes.

What an oddball series of questions.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Login to get fewer ads

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:17 - Jan 1 with 2011 views1462jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:47 - Jan 1 by Darran

Can I ask you some serious questions please?

Are you really a Swans fan? Are you from Swansea? Do you actually go to games?

He’s like my wife just goes on and on and on , remember the vegan thread on here ? He knows better than everyone apparently
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:17 - Jan 1 with 2010 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:25 - Jan 1 by jack247

How about - Hey Carlos, you’re a football man, this is the budget, who do you think we should sign? I don’t see why Pearlman can’t do the negotiations, Jenkins would have been working within parameters anyway.

Your final paragraph is probably not far off the mark. At the very least there is an element of revenge driving the campaign. I’m not particularly bothered about that. I don’t begrudge him anything and don’t think we owe him anything. If it’s a case of wrong motive right outcome, I’ll be happy.

Because if we want to get back to our way we need someone who knows it and understands it to oversee it. Not random managers who come and go like passing ships to chop and change formation and style with every appointment.

I see we're 442 again now then :-(

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:19 - Jan 1 with 2000 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:58 - Jan 1 by jack247

It is. Not sure if you replied to the wrong post? I was responding to your question as to why the trust were brought into it.

So you agree that it was this focus on Jenkins which has taken away from what really matters then?

I asked why the Trust was brought into it in terms of my comments.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:19 - Jan 1 with 1994 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:58 - Jan 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

I have to agree with this .

Then you are as blind a moron as the person you replied to.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:21 - Jan 1 with 1973 viewsJack59

Kaplan & Levien never had £100 million to buy the club, in fact it appears to me that they've taken control of the club without putting their hands in their pockets.
It's even possible they may purchase the stadium and have the club pay the mortgage payments for them.
I've seen no evidence to suggest that Kaplan & Levien had any more personal wealth than dozens of individuals living in the Swansea area.
Local people including the Trust should have been given an opportunity first.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:21 - Jan 1 with 1967 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:17 - Jan 1 by 1462jack

He’s like my wife just goes on and on and on , remember the vegan thread on here ? He knows better than everyone apparently

Well your wife sounds a very wise woman.

If she sees obvious sense and backs obvious and clear scientific proof then yes, she also "knows better than everyone".

*Everyone - those with an agenda or blinded my self serving purposes. That goes for both threads of which you refer.

The amount of people who fall over themselves to follow the vocal clueless sheep on here is truly frightening. Truly.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 15:23]

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:24 - Jan 1 with 1949 viewsUxbridge

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:15 - Jan 1 by TheResurrection

Do you understand the seriousness of supporting an going over an overdraft agreement, in Premier League terms?

That's where - this isn't even a topic. The Trust know this although keep very quite about it.

Well this is something I know a little about. An overdraft facility existed before the Americans came on board, and one existed after (slightly larger). There was no prospect of that original overdraft being pulled. There was no financial urgency to the takeover.

If anyone is hinting that the club would have been in dire straights without the Americans to come in and guarantee the overdraft, they're wrong.

I've got no real issue on the whole investment thing. I've always wanted the club to be self sufficient and I don't want the club racking up debt. We're in a relatively decent place in that regard, although cash flow is always the challenge. From that perspective, views are aligned I suspect.

Where the Americans may be useful is obtaining better credit lines. Better overdraft, better loans to bring forward transfer fee payments. But that's a very different thing to saying there were serious issues that couldn't be addressed until they got here.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:27 - Jan 1 with 1916 viewsLoyal

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:24 - Jan 1 by Uxbridge

Well this is something I know a little about. An overdraft facility existed before the Americans came on board, and one existed after (slightly larger). There was no prospect of that original overdraft being pulled. There was no financial urgency to the takeover.

If anyone is hinting that the club would have been in dire straights without the Americans to come in and guarantee the overdraft, they're wrong.

I've got no real issue on the whole investment thing. I've always wanted the club to be self sufficient and I don't want the club racking up debt. We're in a relatively decent place in that regard, although cash flow is always the challenge. From that perspective, views are aligned I suspect.

Where the Americans may be useful is obtaining better credit lines. Better overdraft, better loans to bring forward transfer fee payments. But that's a very different thing to saying there were serious issues that couldn't be addressed until they got here.

Well we need to sell players to buy according to Jenkins, so credit terms etc is fcking bullshit.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:28 - Jan 1 with 1910 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:54 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

I did indeed, and stand by it, although the "Jenkins must go" was a tiny fraction of that statement was it not? Without going back to read it - did it not just consist of 2 lines at the end?

The statement stood up for itself and the fans for the first time in years and addressed issues with honest language. I am fully behind the view that Jenkins should go, I have never said otherwise. But it is a matter of timing in that issue, I certainly dont think he should go right this second.

It most certainly should not be anything like the pressing issue it is becoming and the fact it is taking over other matters that are of extreme importance is causing even more issues than Jenkins remaining. But people cannot see that, well not until it is too late as per usual no doubt.

Precisely mate and it's a shame Clase is trying to pull you up on pathetic semantics.

You have given excellent points and all you've attempted to do is to place a sense of balance and perspective over proceedings, I would prefer the Trust to operate the same.

So how many more times - Yes, Jenkins needs to go. He acted in a deceitful manner and is causing tension.

But meanwhile the manager he appointed has just got us 3 points and we are hopefully planning a survival attempt. THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR.

Also, the Trust are still adamant to sell their shares against the wishes of the fans at large, or at least that's what it seems like.

BALANCE & PERSPECTIVE, NOT EGO'S AND WITCH HUNTS

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:29 - Jan 1 with 1895 views1462jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:21 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

Well your wife sounds a very wise woman.

If she sees obvious sense and backs obvious and clear scientific proof then yes, she also "knows better than everyone".

*Everyone - those with an agenda or blinded my self serving purposes. That goes for both threads of which you refer.

The amount of people who fall over themselves to follow the vocal clueless sheep on here is truly frightening. Truly.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 15:23]

I’m not getting into a spat with you E20 Because you go on for ever , your Egotistical and can’t see the forest for the trees
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:30 - Jan 1 with 1891 viewsUxbridge

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:27 - Jan 1 by Loyal

Well we need to sell players to buy according to Jenkins, so credit terms etc is fcking bullshit.

That's always been the case. It probably isn't in this window due to the summer sales, but historically it's been the case

Thing is we know there hasn't been an injection of funds into the club by the Americans. The landscape, in that sense, hasn't changed.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:30 - Jan 1 with 1891 viewsjack247

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:17 - Jan 1 by TheResurrection

Because if we want to get back to our way we need someone who knows it and understands it to oversee it. Not random managers who come and go like passing ships to chop and change formation and style with every appointment.

I see we're 442 again now then :-(

Jenkins oversaw that and then systematically dismantled it in favour of pragmatism. He’s the last person I’d want to get us back to the way we used to play. Not going to pretend I know much about Carvalhal, other than he had a reputation for attractive, attacking football and that it fell apart over the last season and a bit to be replaced by possession at all costs, impotent football. I’d back him to pick a player over Jenkins.

Yeah, 442 without wingers. The wingers we brought on are quick but can’t cross.

To answer your previous reply to me, he certainly had the Midas touch in the past, in terms or managers as much as players. Since the Laudrup days though, our squad has got progressively worse each summer.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:30 - Jan 1 with 1888 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:55 - Jan 1 by Darran

Of course he hasn’t changed his mind he hasn’t got one he’s just trolling.

Never a post that says anything about the subject - always one about the person making it.

What a pathetic and hopeless and useless and sad and pathetic a man you are.

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:31 - Jan 1 with 1879 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 13:55 - Jan 1 by Dewi1jack

The players Carvalhal wants would be a good start, rather than the N'Gog/ Tabafatty type Beaky has been giving managers.

BTW.
You want people pulling in the same direction, so have you now paid your £10 for Trust membership now they've changed their stance?
Maybe convince us we're wrong through debate and showing us legal action against the sellers is wrong from the inside.

Did you like all Laudrup's signings?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:36 - Jan 1 with 1839 viewsjack247

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:19 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

So you agree that it was this focus on Jenkins which has taken away from what really matters then?

I asked why the Trust was brought into it in terms of my comments.

No. I don’t think there was any real public focus on the share sale prior to it. There has been a lot said on here and the new trust members have nailed their colours to the mast. I don’t recall much about it in the media, or public attention though.

All we are essentially disagreeing on is I’m looking at the trust, the scsa and swans fans in general as three separate entities, you are putting them all under the same umbrella. We both think Jenkins should go, we both think the share sale should be stopped, we both agree that the latter is more important. You think it’s a choice between the two, I disagree.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:36 - Jan 1 with 1839 viewsDarran

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:17 - Jan 1 by E20Jack

Yes. No. Yes.

What an oddball series of questions.

Just showing you to be the troll you are.

When was the last time you went to a game? You’ve never been to one have you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 15:39 - Jan 1 with 2033 viewsTheResurrection

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 14:45 - Jan 1 by Darran

There’s nobody else on planet earth that could do the job then?

Just crawl back up Sumblers arse your hopeless kunt, you may find a mind of your own up there

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024