Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are refs bent? 21:52 - Jan 2 with 6333 viewsProfessor

Not in the Sense of taking a bribe, but ensuring the ‘big six’ win. Maddley was shocking in again.

Better performance but not enough against 14
Are refs bent? on 21:54 - Jan 2 with 3213 viewsdickythorpe

Sanchez would have seen red if he'd played for a side out of the top 6.

They were embarrassed by Leicester 2 seasons ago, and it cost the bookies a lot of money.

It is fixed, defo at times.
Are refs bent? on 21:57 - Jan 2 with 3173 viewsawayjack

Are refs bent? on 21:54 - Jan 2 by dickythorpe

Sanchez would have seen red if he'd played for a side out of the top 6.

They were embarrassed by Leicester 2 seasons ago, and it cost the bookies a lot of money.

It is fixed, defo at times.

Don't disagree refs are shocking but bookies would've made a fortune when Leicester won. Most big bets go on top 6 to win.
Are refs bent? on 21:57 - Jan 2 with 3172 viewsBLAZE

They're intimidated by the big sides and the extra media scrutiny that's attached to them. Hardly anything will be said of today's decisions - flip them around on Spurs though and it'd be the main topic on TalkSport all day tomorrow
Are refs bent? on 21:58 - Jan 2 with 3161 viewswhoflungdung

yes

Mike Dean a classic

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Are refs bent? on 21:58 - Jan 2 with 3153 viewsphact0rri

I believe they are charged to make matches as entertaining as they can, and to make sure they highlight the bigger clubs for international audiences. This is why there is so much heel dragging on updating rules management.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Are refs bent? on 22:00 - Jan 2 with 3128 viewsdickythorpe

The 4th officials definitely know when the camera is on them.......trying to look an authority on the big screen when managers have a rant. Worms with insatiable egos the lot of them!!!!
Are refs bent? on 22:01 - Jan 2 with 3119 viewsLeonWasGod

Watford just had a clear pen denied at Man C too.

It would be interesting to see some data on how many decisions favour the bigger sides.

Madley is clearly fkin useless though. His last match out he messed up. 2 major decisions (1 by lino) wrong today. He's the worse ref I've seen at the Liberty. Absolutely fkin useless.
Are refs bent? on 22:03 - Jan 2 with 3095 viewsBloodyhills

Some refs definitely are.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Login to get fewer ads

Are refs bent? on 22:12 - Jan 2 with 3024 viewssainthelens

This has got to stop, beyond a fckn joke now, the lino apologizes to Carlos for the first goal, and Maddley clearly bottles Sanchez tackle...... totally inept, or just plain cheating ?
Are refs bent? on 22:12 - Jan 2 with 3017 viewsmagicdaps10

Refs are too scared to go against top teams.....FACT!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Are refs bent? on 22:29 - Jan 2 with 2884 viewsTom1912

Awful officiating today .

Llorente goal offside
Llorente one on one given offside but onside
Llorente volley from free kick offside with 2-3 other Spurs players
Ayew offside for chance where he went past Lloris

Sanchez should have seen a second yellow for that challenge although his first was debateable.

Sanches got away with a fair bit.

Alli dived for a free kick, didn't get booked.

VDH does put his hands on Alli's back and if it's given it's probably a red as well as a pen. Would have been soft but I can see why a lot of people think it was a penalty.

Son dived for a penalty, didn't get booked.

On balance, we got the worst of it I'd say but that's incredibly poor officiating for the PL.
Are refs bent? on 22:32 - Jan 2 with 2863 viewsLeonWasGod

Are refs bent? on 22:12 - Jan 2 by sainthelens

This has got to stop, beyond a fckn joke now, the lino apologizes to Carlos for the first goal, and Maddley clearly bottles Sanchez tackle...... totally inept, or just plain cheating ?

This is the question. If they're not inept they have to be on the take somehow. If not, they must be inept. Who knows. I wouldn't have thought Madley was cheating tonight, but his performance a few years back down here should have been looked at. That went beyond normal incompetence.
Are refs bent? on 22:36 - Jan 2 with 2816 viewsswan65split

Yes they do give in to the top 6 Man ure been having it for years Man cty got away with it this week in their game.
Swans player if it was Sanchez would have been off,
Are refs bent? on 22:47 - Jan 2 with 2763 viewsswanseajack4eva

The standards of refereeing have not kept pace with the speed of the modern game. The refs generally take the easy option that leads to the "expected result" of larger clubs winning.
Are refs bent? on 22:57 - Jan 2 with 2713 viewsmonmouth

Yes they are bent.

Are they deliberately bent. Probably not. Mason, Moss and Friend sail close to the wind though. Dean is just a look at me dickhead.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Are refs bent? on 23:08 - Jan 2 with 2669 viewsjasfan

Are refs bent? on 21:57 - Jan 2 by BLAZE

They're intimidated by the big sides and the extra media scrutiny that's attached to them. Hardly anything will be said of today's decisions - flip them around on Spurs though and it'd be the main topic on TalkSport all day tomorrow

Exactly.

Ex Premier League referees have said that when officiating they tried to avoid controversial decisions. By their very nature making a call that has a potential negative impact against the big sides can attract more controversy and attention. Hence in my opinion they are extra careful to avoid this, whether from a career point of view or just human nature.

The introduction of VAR next year in the Premier League might help address this. Whether we will be there to reap the benefits is another matter. It would certainly have meant the first goal tonight was disallowed.
Are refs bent? on 23:10 - Jan 2 with 2656 viewsmonmouth

Are refs bent? on 23:08 - Jan 2 by jasfan

Exactly.

Ex Premier League referees have said that when officiating they tried to avoid controversial decisions. By their very nature making a call that has a potential negative impact against the big sides can attract more controversy and attention. Hence in my opinion they are extra careful to avoid this, whether from a career point of view or just human nature.

The introduction of VAR next year in the Premier League might help address this. Whether we will be there to reap the benefits is another matter. It would certainly have meant the first goal tonight was disallowed.

And ours at Watford. Swings and roundabouts. Son might have got that pen too even though he made a massive meal of the ‘contact’.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Are refs bent? on 23:12 - Jan 2 with 2634 viewsJackfath

I'm looking forward to seeing if Gabby and the boys mention it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Are refs bent? on 23:18 - Jan 2 with 2600 viewsDan_Swan

Not sure about bent, my issue is transparency any negative things that involve officials are dealt with behind closed doors. They are protected beyond belief & assessed after each match but these assessments aren't in the public domain, it's a closed shop.

If I were a cynic, friends know me to be one naturally & not wanting to contradict myself. I'd say the perceived top 6 are protected purely to protect the Premier League brand.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 23:19]

Still following Dr's orders!

Are refs bent? on 23:21 - Jan 2 with 2576 viewsGiff

The year that we got promoted a Blackpool fan (they had gone up earlier), put 10 things on here that we would find different in the premiership. I can’t remember many but one was you will not get decisions against the big clubs and that has certainly been true.
Are refs bent? on 23:25 - Jan 2 with 2551 viewsjasfan

Are refs bent? on 23:10 - Jan 2 by monmouth

And ours at Watford. Swings and roundabouts. Son might have got that pen too even though he made a massive meal of the ‘contact’.

Yes sure. Watford aren't what I call a 'big' side though.

Over a season I suspect it would help the 'lesser' sides when playing the 'bigger teams'. I can't think of many soft or incorrect decisions that have been given in our favour when playing clubs in the top 6. There have been several the other way though, a typical one being the penalty 'won' by Marcus Rashford at Old Trafford last season. Do you think Bob Madeley would have given one like that tonight for us?
Are refs bent? on 00:00 - Jan 3 with 2460 viewsswan65split

Are refs bent? on 23:25 - Jan 2 by jasfan

Yes sure. Watford aren't what I call a 'big' side though.

Over a season I suspect it would help the 'lesser' sides when playing the 'bigger teams'. I can't think of many soft or incorrect decisions that have been given in our favour when playing clubs in the top 6. There have been several the other way though, a typical one being the penalty 'won' by Marcus Rashford at Old Trafford last season. Do you think Bob Madeley would have given one like that tonight for us?

The sad thing is it seems to be the same 5-6 officials who are always involved, and they seem to have the big clubs .
Are refs bent? on 00:20 - Jan 3 with 2407 viewsskettyparkherbert

Are refs bent? on 23:18 - Jan 2 by Dan_Swan

Not sure about bent, my issue is transparency any negative things that involve officials are dealt with behind closed doors. They are protected beyond belief & assessed after each match but these assessments aren't in the public domain, it's a closed shop.

If I were a cynic, friends know me to be one naturally & not wanting to contradict myself. I'd say the perceived top 6 are protected purely to protect the Premier League brand.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 23:19]

Absolutely bang on fella.

There are no consequences for poor refs and linesmen/assistants crazy decisions.

Bobby Madely decided tonight not to send off the centre half even though he knew it was a second yellow.

I wonder what he would have done if it was VDH on Harry Kane, i think we all know the answer to that one.

Is so fuking wrong, what a bottle merchant and also the so called pundits too.

Totally pissed off with them all
Are refs bent? on 00:35 - Jan 3 with 2377 viewsdameedna

Are refs straight? Yes they are.
The first half we were shite how the fck we only conceded one i dont know.
Good team effort in the second.
Made a game of it.
Are refs bent? on 00:56 - Jan 3 with 2342 viewsRevJames

I think it's just human nature. They are in awe of the bigger teams with star players so they probably think a lot more about the grief they'll get in the media - both professional and social, if they send off a player from one of these teams.

Even Radio 5 Live couldn't believe he didn't get a second yellow.

When your luck's down, everything goes against you. It's almost as if Llorente scoring was written in the stars
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024