Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread 11:48 - Jan 3 with 37572 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 14:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 6 with 5133 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 16:58 - Jan 6 by nantywatcher

"Last thing we need is a replay."
Not so sure about that - another chance for CC to cast an eye over a player or two.

Yeah that's true I suppose. Time to work on some stuff and look at some of the fringe players.

I thought we'd win this . You often get a struggling PL team go on a cup run where the pressure is off.
The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 17:12 - Jan 6 with 5107 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 17:08 - Jan 6 by Brad_Bobbly

Some serious straw clutching in here.

A replay is the worst possible outcome for us. We're a dreadful side, with dreadful owners, rock bottom of the league and we can't score goals.

We're in the shit.

Wow. None of us had realised we were crap before that post. Thanks, Brad.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 17:13 - Jan 6 with 5090 viewsCooperman

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 6 by LeonWasGod

Yeah that's true I suppose. Time to work on some stuff and look at some of the fringe players.

I thought we'd win this . You often get a struggling PL team go on a cup run where the pressure is off.

I’m sure that CC didn’t tell them that this was a no pressure game.

On the flip side he probably told a few that their futures were at stake.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 17:31 - Jan 6 with 4827 viewsBrad_Bobbly

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 17:12 - Jan 6 by exiledclaseboy

Wow. None of us had realised we were crap before that post. Thanks, Brad.

You're welcome.
The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 17:47 - Jan 6 with 4672 viewssplJack

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 17:08 - Jan 6 by Brad_Bobbly

A replay is the worst possible outcome for us. We're a dreadful side, with dreadful owners, rock bottom of the league and we can't score goals.

We're in the shit.

Turn it in Dwight you tedious c€nt.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:09 - Jan 6 with 4502 viewskarnataka

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 16:47 - Jan 6 by LeonWasGod

Sounds like Fer's was just a bad call from the ref (again). He's clipped the heels of his opponent from behind. Cynical but only a yellow by the laws of the game.

But there is something wrong in the dressing room. I've not been happy with the body language of players like Tammy and Sanches all season.

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 6 with 4478 viewsSwansea93

Any idea when the replay is?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 18:16 - Jan 6 with 4455 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 17:47 - Jan 6 by splJack

Turn it in Dwight you tedious c€nt.

I second that just got back from Watching my 2nd team Darlington lose 2.1 at home to York in the Conference North.
How some on here would cope if we dropped a couple of leagues I don't know.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 18:20 - Jan 6 with 4430 viewsairedale

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 18:16 - Jan 6 by thornabyswan

I second that just got back from Watching my 2nd team Darlington lose 2.1 at home to York in the Conference North.

They’d cope very well, they would find something else to do.
The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 18:22 - Jan 6 with 4424 viewsGlyn1

We're in the shit.

No. 'the worst possible outcome for us' would have been a defeat. It's not as if we'll be playing 50 matches this season.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 18:37 - Jan 6 with 4354 viewsOnelessstar

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 16:47 - Jan 6 by Neath_Jack

Fer tripped someone, he hardly shoved the swede onto one of them ffs. Talk about being dramatic.

He did show an unwillingness/inability to hustle while tracking back which has been ridiculously consistent during his time with the club. What made it absolutely borderline for the ref was that Fer didn't even work hard enough to make a play for the ball. A red? No. A yellow? Yes. Lazy? Beyond a doubt.

Poll: How long before a Swansea City fan can consider themselves a "Jack"?

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 18:40 - Jan 6 with 4338 viewsburty

That red card has got to be recinded surely ?
The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 18:50 - Jan 6 with 4285 viewsdobjack2

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 18:37 - Jan 6 by Onelessstar

He did show an unwillingness/inability to hustle while tracking back which has been ridiculously consistent during his time with the club. What made it absolutely borderline for the ref was that Fer didn't even work hard enough to make a play for the ball. A red? No. A yellow? Yes. Lazy? Beyond a doubt.

Yep.

We replaced Shelvey with someone who has his same physical limitations and work ethic who concedes free kicks for the same reasons but had only a fraction of his talent.

The important things were we paid less for Fer than we got for Shelvey and that Fer was probably on less wages.
The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 18:53 - Jan 6 with 4271 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 16:47 - Jan 6 by LeonWasGod

Sounds like Fer's was just a bad call from the ref (again). He's clipped the heels of his opponent from behind. Cynical but only a yellow by the laws of the game.

But there is something wrong in the dressing room. I've not been happy with the body language of players like Tammy and Sanches all season.

There again Blakey, whilst admitting it was only a yellow, said foul was cynical and Fer kicked his opponent.
As regards body language, I wouldn't read to much in that. Poor body language and heads down often happens to teams at the bottom and losing regularly. It is one of the many problems Carlos has to deal with.
Look on the positive side. His recorded so far is W1 D1 L1 so it is not all bad news ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 19:26 - Jan 6 with 4118 viewsEU5Makaveli

I’ve just seen the Fer red card and I have absolutely no idea what the referee is thinking.
Absolutely ridiculous decision, a yellow card all day long but never in a million years a red card. I can only imagine he was trying to even the game up, disgracefull.
The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 20:26 - Jan 6 with 3946 viewsawayjack

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 19:26 - Jan 6 by EU5Makaveli

I’ve just seen the Fer red card and I have absolutely no idea what the referee is thinking.
Absolutely ridiculous decision, a yellow card all day long but never in a million years a red card. I can only imagine he was trying to even the game up, disgracefull.

Yup but there are no repercussions on making crap decisions. Refs have always had criticism and the game / players were much harder, but this season it's almost like a major cock up in every game.
The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 20:33 - Jan 6 with 3925 viewsphact0rri

A replay definitely wasn't the result I expected. Nor did I expect to see two read cards given in a 3rd round FA cup match.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 20:49 - Jan 6 with 3858 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 20:26 - Jan 6 by awayjack

Yup but there are no repercussions on making crap decisions. Refs have always had criticism and the game / players were much harder, but this season it's almost like a major cock up in every game.

Anthony Taylor is the worse ref in the League

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 20:56 - Jan 6 with 3834 viewsplasjack

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 20:49 - Jan 6 by thornabyswan

Anthony Taylor is the worse ref in the League

Brighton who play Palace in the FA cup is the start of the demise of bad refereeing decisions bring it on.
The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 21:07 - Jan 6 with 3795 viewsMorfa_Same

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 19:26 - Jan 6 by EU5Makaveli

I can forgive officials who make an honest mistake, like the linesman against Spurs. It is a difficult job after all.

But this wasn't a mistake. The Wolves fans were on his back ever since the first red card and this was done intentionally to even things up.

The FA could improve refereeing standards significantly just by ejecting Mike Dean, Anthony Taylor, Stuart Attwell, Kevin Friend and Robert Madley. What they'd be left with are actually a fairly competent group of officials.
The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 21:16 - Jan 6 with 3776 viewsplasjack

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 21:07 - Jan 6 by Morfa_Same

I can forgive officials who make an honest mistake, like the linesman against Spurs. It is a difficult job after all.

But this wasn't a mistake. The Wolves fans were on his back ever since the first red card and this was done intentionally to even things up.

The FA could improve refereeing standards significantly just by ejecting Mike Dean, Anthony Taylor, Stuart Attwell, Kevin Friend and Robert Madley. What they'd be left with are actually a fairly competent group of officials.

Video referrals will take pressure off the worst refs, but the game is so fast, anyone can make a mistake.
The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 22:14 - Jan 6 with 3622 viewsmonmouth

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 21:07 - Jan 6 by Morfa_Same

Lee Mason and Jon Moss are competent?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 00:08 - Jan 7 with 3446 viewswaveydavey

Llorente was in an offside position before the ball was struck, and stayed in an offside position until the ball hit the back of our net. The linesman had an unimpeded view. The same linesman also missed a further offside from a free kick in which four spurs players - count them - were offside. A dead ball situation is the easiest call for a linesman to make.
The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 05:46 - Jan 7 with 3354 viewsLoyal

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 18:16 - Jan 6 by thornabyswan

From a personal point of view very much the same as last time.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 11:17 - Jan 7 with 3233 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Swansea City FA Cup Match Thread on 05:46 - Jan 7 by Loyal

From a personal point of view very much the same as last time.

The sense of entitlement on here though is sickening.
Yes we all have a moan but there are some on here that never post anything positive.
And you know as soon as we go down they won't be seen again.
2500 watching Darlington real football fans not like some of the tw@ts that hang around PL clubs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024