Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs 16:51 - Jan 3 with 6201 viewsJonathans_coat

1. Canned crowd noise during the game - depressingly, this actually happened. Either as a cynical attempt to drown out "jenkins out" and other similar dissenting chants, or to try to falsely boost the match atmosphere. Either way, pathetic and utterly embarrassing.

2. Unless my programme was missing a few pages, there was no notes at all from our "esteemed" chairman for the first time I can remember ...... ever?

Draw whatever conclusions you will from this. To me, at the very least, it certainly seems indicative of the current climate surrounding the club leadership.
Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 16:55 - Jan 3 with 5180 viewsTheFranchise

Wasn't there a planned "Jenkins out" chant due at some point? Piping in chants sounds like a great way of overpowering that.
Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:01 - Jan 3 with 5146 viewsmax936

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 16:55 - Jan 3 by TheFranchise

Wasn't there a planned "Jenkins out" chant due at some point? Piping in chants sounds like a great way of overpowering that.

At the 27th minute, I heard it on the tele, but could also hear the noise from the tannoy a definite ploy for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:03 - Jan 3 with 5121 viewsNeath_Jack

I don't get this drowning out bollocks, it wasn't loud enough to drown a fart out ffs. It was clearly played, yes, but it was hardly loud. I can't remember them actually playing it when the Jenkins out chants were happening either.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:11 - Jan 3 with 5062 viewsNeathJack

It was played around the 35th minute so I don't think it was done to drown out the Jenkins Out chanting.

It was still ridiculous though and needs to never happen again
Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:12 - Jan 3 with 5058 viewsYossarian

On 27mins- the number of owners (consortium members) we apparently have.
Canned music was allegedly to drown this out-but I think they happened at different times, certainly the ‘We want Jenkins Out’ came over loud and clear where I was.
By the way, whilst some take the view that they want nothing to do with this type of protest as they would rather support the team, I would ask those fans when and how would they voice their dissatisfaction with HJ and the other sellouts, the Board and the consortium?

I seem to recall that playing music (if you can call ‘Hymns and Arias’ that) during play is actually against PL rules? But in any case, it is an astonishingly crass thing to do and shows that the powers that be at the club are totally out of touch, lack any class and are making fools out of themselves and SCFC.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:20 - Jan 3 with 5008 viewsYossarian

As I haven’t bought a match programme since it became clear what the actions of the sellouts and Yanks actually meant for this club, I wasn’t surprised that Jenkins didn’t write any programme notes. Really, after the last car crash attempt at fiction what could he actually say?
Like others drunk with delusion, perhaps he might have had a moment of clarity and realised the true enormity of the mess that he and the other sellouts have made of things, and the sheer awfulness of having self-destroyed a great legacy.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:27 - Jan 3 with 4968 viewsTheResurrection

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:12 - Jan 3 by Yossarian

Canned music was allegedly to drown this out-but I think they happened at different times, certainly the ‘We want Jenkins Out’ came over loud and clear where I was.
By the way, whilst some take the view that they want nothing to do with this type of protest as they would rather support the team, I would ask those fans when and how would they voice their dissatisfaction with HJ and the other sellouts, the Board and the consortium?

I seem to recall that playing music (if you can call ‘Hymns and Arias’ that) during play is actually against PL rules? But in any case, it is an astonishingly crass thing to do and shows that the powers that be at the club are totally out of touch, lack any class and are making fools out of themselves and SCFC.

When?

How about when we were doing well? Where were they all then? They have had two years to do this but decide now when we're smack bang in the middle of a dog fight.

But seeing as we can't turn the clock back, how about when we're safe or relegated. How about we leave the Trust carry on and push for this in the Boardroom, as they'll have to meet up soon.

The point has been made. It's time to unite behind Carlos and the players now

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:47 - Jan 3 with 4874 viewslondonlisa2001

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:03 - Jan 3 by Neath_Jack

I don't get this drowning out bollocks, it wasn't loud enough to drown a fart out ffs. It was clearly played, yes, but it was hardly loud. I can't remember them actually playing it when the Jenkins out chants were happening either.

That's presumably because the tannoy doesn't work in the East?

I wasn't there, but it was apparently loud in the West :-)
Login to get fewer ads

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:49 - Jan 3 with 4862 viewsSwanjaxs

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:47 - Jan 3 by londonlisa2001

That's presumably because the tannoy doesn't work in the East?

I wasn't there, but it was apparently loud in the West :-)

It was indeed loud in the West.... woke quite a few up too!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:52 - Jan 3 with 4833 viewsmonmouth

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:27 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

When?

How about when we were doing well? Where were they all then? They have had two years to do this but decide now when we're smack bang in the middle of a dog fight.

But seeing as we can't turn the clock back, how about when we're safe or relegated. How about we leave the Trust carry on and push for this in the Boardroom, as they'll have to meet up soon.

I also believe that MacDonald in the boardroom should be asking for the Board to censure the chairman in the minutes and to insist he stand down as chairman with immediate effect. The Board should also implement the improved procedures they said they had developed, if not already done, to ensure that the January window is a success, again with immediate effect. If Jenkins is a part of that, so be it, and paid accordingly.

The announcement will kill the protests, and due process and Board accountability.should surround the January window.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:55 - Jan 3 with 4814 viewsFireboy2

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:27 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

When?

Recently the only time you post is to basically back the sellouts and the yanks when theres a topic about them so hows about you winding your neck in for a change
Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:57 - Jan 3 with 4803 viewsJonathans_coat

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:12 - Jan 3 by Yossarian

I think at least once it happened during a "jenkins" chant, and was very loud from where I was sitting. If it was to help boost the atmosphere, it most certainly failed. It completely killed any momentum any other chants/songs were getting, and was followed by bemused silence and mumbling, punctuated by the odd person shouting "WTF is this!" and "shut up!" ect.
Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 18:03 - Jan 3 with 4771 viewsTheKirkyLife

I could definitely hear the chant on the TV myself, had my Dad who was a Spurs fan there just to show him how much momentum it's getting. Must be said however that it was only audible for 30 seconds maybe, drowned out by a conspicuous crowd noise.
Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 18:03 - Jan 3 with 4762 viewsbyron

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:57 - Jan 3 by Jonathans_coat

I think at least once it happened during a "jenkins" chant, and was very loud from where I was sitting. If it was to help boost the atmosphere, it most certainly failed. It completely killed any momentum any other chants/songs were getting, and was followed by bemused silence and mumbling, punctuated by the odd person shouting "WTF is this!" and "shut up!" ect.

Jesus canned chanting, I’m almost starting to feel sorry for you phuckers, but after all the shite that came our way post rebrand I can’t, sorry. Still I look forward to hear8 g it for myself next season lol.....

Benny

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 18:09 - Jan 3 with 4732 viewsswanseajack4eva

Another americanism to be piping in crowd noise, although plenty of other clubs (e.g. Watford last weekend) do it. Farcical.
Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 18:17 - Jan 3 with 4690 viewsswan65split

WTF.......We are Swansea City FFS , from an area of united working class people with a history of decency , tradition, and standards

WTF has happened to our Club I feel embarrassed and ashamed .
Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 18:27 - Jan 3 with 4631 viewslonglostjack

Maybe they will start piping in canned laughter if an opposition player makes a mistake.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 18:29 - Jan 3 with 4618 viewsSwanjaxs

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 18:03 - Jan 3 by byron

Jesus canned chanting, I’m almost starting to feel sorry for you phuckers, but after all the shite that came our way post rebrand I can’t, sorry. Still I look forward to hear8 g it for myself next season lol.....

Yes canned chanting is embarrassing..... almost as embarrassing as changing your club colours 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 19:09 - Jan 3 with 4467 viewslonglostjack

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 18:29 - Jan 3 by Swanjaxs

Yes canned chanting is embarrassing..... almost as embarrassing as changing your club colours 🤔

Indeed. Do they still have that wiggly worm on their crest?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 19:11 - Jan 3 with 4456 viewsJonathans_coat

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:20 - Jan 3 by Yossarian

As I haven’t bought a match programme since it became clear what the actions of the sellouts and Yanks actually meant for this club, I wasn’t surprised that Jenkins didn’t write any programme notes. Really, after the last car crash attempt at fiction what could he actually say?
Like others drunk with delusion, perhaps he might have had a moment of clarity and realised the true enormity of the mess that he and the other sellouts have made of things, and the sheer awfulness of having self-destroyed a great legacy.

I go to games with my old man, and he always gets a programme and reads the manager's, captain's and chairman's notes before the game (he's old school). The "view from the boardroom" section was notable by its absence, as I can't remember this happening before for a league match programme.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but it seems to me either he has refused to do it because of the negative reactions to his last attempt at them, or he has been told not to do it by someone (yanks/lawyers?) for similar reasons. Take your pick, but surely either means the endgame is nearing for him now doesn't it?
Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 19:12 - Jan 3 with 4450 viewsPentyrchJack

I favour the conspiracy theory (rather than cock up) when it comes to the sudden introduction of that awful canned rendition of Hymns & Arias. First of all it is a ridiculous thing to do anyway and secondly it just happens to coincide with a period where fans are planning to shout out against the sellouts.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 19:28 - Jan 3 with 4362 viewsYossarian

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 18:03 - Jan 3 by byron

Well we won’t need to can the hysterical laughter when you lot choke again- but you’re all big enough to take it.....apparently.

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 20:29 - Jan 3 with 4109 viewsTheResurrection

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 17:55 - Jan 3 by Fireboy2

Recently the only time you post is to basically back the sellouts and the yanks when theres a topic about them so hows about you winding your neck in for a change

How's about you finding a different hobby mush than following me around a message board? Stick your neck on that?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 20:44 - Jan 3 with 4009 viewsjacksfullaces

I quite like the goal montage they do before kick off, although they probably had to squeeze a few from the U23s to bolster the numbers this season.

the canned music though, that shows the kind of next level our new owners are interested in as opposed to anything with substance, like investment.

chickens about to come home to roost this transfer window methinks.
Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 20:58 - Jan 3 with 3932 viewsFireboy2

Couple of points from Swans vs Spurs on 20:29 - Jan 3 by TheResurrection

How's about you finding a different hobby mush than following me around a message board? Stick your neck on that?

It isnt nice when someone is like a fcuking wasp is it,flying around you,annoying you

I wont stop following you around coz you are a right pain in the @rse only really posting to wind people up with your 'leave it til the end of the season' or 'until we are safe or relegated'

I dont think you really understand how much this betrayal has affected people or if you do you are bot really showing it

Im sorry if i come across as stalker but every time you seem to post recently its to put some heart on the sleeve jack down for showing a bit of passion so i just feel compelled to come on and react
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024