Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carrol 19:12 - Jan 4 with 5027 viewspostman

He was playing the back ball practically right throughout the game surely he realises the opposing goalmouth is in front of him not behind played the same system right throughout his life season back back back
Carrol on 23:38 - Jan 4 with 1225 viewsDr_Winston

There's keeping the ball, and there's passing it backwards because you're terrified of doing anything else. Carroll comes firmly into the second category.

The kid can play. Last season he did. Sadly it seems that Clement's negativity this year has rubbed off on him far more than any other player because he's doing little other than killing any momentum we happen to be generating.

He's not a lost cause by any stretch, but he needs to look forward far more than he has been. Any kind of revival of his left hand side linking with Olsson would be more than welcome.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Carrol on 23:39 - Jan 4 with 1224 viewsLeonWasGod

Carrol on 23:29 - Jan 4 by skettyparkherbert

Carrol is not on his own there.

The table, as it stands, and doesn't lie, says (and rightly so) the whole team/squad is not good enough for the prem?

With 18 games to go the question is, is there 3 other teams that are going to be worse than us, i really hope so but on the evidence so far i think not?

They're fine if we add a bit of extra quality and get the manager right (basically replace Siggy and Llorente). The second half of last season showed us that; most of this lot are ok as squad players. We're glaringly lacking the game changers now though.
Carrol on 23:50 - Jan 4 with 1215 viewsPentyrchJack

Carrol on 20:18 - Jan 4 by swanforthemoney

First half, the conditions on left side of midfield around half way were dreadful. Probably about an inch of water lying around, ball throwing up spray. It was just in front of me. Almost unplayable. Since that’s where Carrol was playing, it’s hardly surprising he was having difficulty.
Not the player he was last season, but why do we have to crucify our own players all the time.

I'm not his biggest fan although against Spurs he was playing on the left where there was lots of surface water pooling in the first half which affected his passing

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Carrol on 23:51 - Jan 4 with 1214 viewstheloneranger

Carrol on 19:58 - Jan 4 by jasfan

Positives: Good passing at times, high work rate, doesn't hide from receiving the ball despite all the stick he gets in the game, willing to try the more ambitious pass

Negatives - ducks out of tackles and avoids physical contact, relies almost totally on his left foot so is predictable for the opposition players, likes to check back too often before making the pass
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 20:00]

"Relies almost totally on his left foot"" ....??

What about our right footed players, "who rely almost totally on their right foot"...??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Carrol on 23:52 - Jan 4 with 1212 viewsskettyparkherbert

Carrol on 23:51 - Jan 4 by theloneranger

What about our right footed players, "who rely almost totally on their right foot"...??

Quite right mate, we can't be "footist" about this?
Carrol on 07:55 - Jan 5 with 1143 views34dfgdf54

Carrol on 22:11 - Jan 4 by ZZoric

the folk that cannot see his obvious talent - clearly aint that clued up - and as some often say: football aint for them

he is the closest we have of potentially filling Leon's massive boots:
- intelligence - always thinking ahead, heads-up
- massive work rate
- positional sense
- defensive-minded, firstly
- gifted passer - both short and long incisive
- sweet left peg
- future captain material

I'm starting to think this as a sarcastic post, if so, apologies for biting.

If it isn't, as some often say, football aint for them.
Carrol on 08:15 - Jan 5 with 1137 viewsJFSwan

He offer's a balance as a natural left footer, when Olson makes a burst down the wing, he is the only one who could find him with a curled pass 'outside' of their full back.

But yes at times hes been a passenger. His best work was overlapping and whipping in balls to Llorente.
Carrol on 12:41 - Jan 5 with 1065 viewskarnataka

Carrol on 21:59 - Jan 4 by AnotherJohn

Had the gravest doubts about him before Carroll re-signed. He did then have a short purple patch when I thought I'd been wrong, but this season he has been just as I imagined. Not good enough for the Prem.

He's been exactly like many other players we've signed from bigger clubs. Carroll had been as Spurs since he was a kid and had grown up with their positive attacking football philosophy and it showed when he came on loan and just after he joined permanently but unfortunately, it didn't take Clement long to coach all that positivity out of him in favour of shape and caution.
Login to get fewer ads

Carrol on 19:09 - Jan 5 with 1014 viewsjasfan

Carrol on 23:51 - Jan 4 by theloneranger

Ah. Good point. At least I didn't say he has a cultured left foot! That would be another familiar football stereotype.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024