Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A House Through Time BBC 2 21:23 - Jan 4 with 3975 viewslonglostjack

Interesting programme. Liverpool tonight.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 21:35 - Jan 4 with 2408 viewswhoflungdung

Not scousers again mun.!

Incredible to think Liverpool in the 1870 s was one of the richest cities in the World but in the 1970 s as poor as southern Italy or Portugal

Area has recovered from the blight of previous decades and communist councillor
Many films are made in this part of Liverpool

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 21:40 - Jan 4 with 2388 viewsDarran

Shit hole.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 21:41 - Jan 4 with 2396 viewswhoflungdung

Five mins not long is it
Predictable

Where s your chum Rog

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 22:43 - Jan 4 with 2350 viewsbuilthjack

Its a good weekender is Liverpool

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 22:52 - Jan 4 with 2341 viewsexhmrc1

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 21:41 - Jan 4 by whoflungdung

Five mins not long is it
Predictable

Where s your chum Rog

i only caught the end of it when they were in America but it did seem a very interesting programme.
A House Through Time BBC 2 on 22:56 - Jan 4 with 2336 viewswhoflungdung

Very good programme of an iconic city and it's citizens lives

Incredible wealth juxtaposed with abject poverty

Stunning Buildings still stand proud and its one of the reasons this city fascinates me

And not a bin in sight

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 00:00 - Jan 5 with 2310 viewsProfessor

Did not see it. Was it one of the Georgian merchant:slaver houses?
The stretch between the Cathedrals has some great buildings
A House Through Time BBC 2 on 00:22 - Jan 5 with 2298 viewslifelong

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 21:41 - Jan 4 by whoflungdung

Five mins not long is it
Predictable

Where s your chum Rog

https://goo.gl/images/NIg4qU
Login to get fewer ads

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 09:45 - Jan 5 with 2222 viewswhoflungdung

Yes it was Paul.

Fascinating stuff and Olusoga is simply superb highlighting both the glory and shame of Liverpool history.

You ll appreciate that early 80s these streets were notorious .

It's great to see these magnificent old terraces restored and loved instead of being taken over by Rachman landlords for multi occupations

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 10:10 - Jan 5 with 2200 viewsProfessor

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 09:45 - Jan 5 by whoflungdung

Yes it was Paul.

Fascinating stuff and Olusoga is simply superb highlighting both the glory and shame of Liverpool history.

You ll appreciate that early 80s these streets were notorious .

It's great to see these magnificent old terraces restored and loved instead of being taken over by Rachman landlords for multi occupations

Thanks

Will try to catch it on the iPlayer. As you say it's a great and vibrant area now. Some good eating places. The whole stretch up from Central Station to the University and Cathedrals has been massively improved even in the 14 years I have been up here. Even the run down bits like Myrtle Street behind the Philharmonic are now pretty good-some good Chinese cafes there used by the big number of students from China these days as well as the excellent Kimos Arab cafe.

London Road is still a bit scummy, but central Liverpool has changed for the better. Yes, there are still some pretty rough parts, but a visit to Goodison or Anfield is not representative of the whole city.
A House Through Time BBC 2 on 10:43 - Jan 5 with 2175 viewswhoflungdung

I suppose ,having had a Christian upbringing, I'm doing God s work in trying to reach the dark souls on here gorging themselves on Liverpool s former reputation . I say former ,as both you and I know, the city is pre eminent in many respects ,not least classical music , at which many on here would express surprise.

I moved to Wirral in 76 and worked Liverpool for around thirty years . Never lived there but I know the city and it's quirky people. Programmes like this illustrate how unique Liverpool is in British history . It's truly a city with character albeit with many flaws but boring it ain't.

I consider myself lucky to live where I do and to be near such a magnificent ,flawed and simply fookn incredible potpouri of a City

Keep it to yourself but I was once officer in charge of "activities" around the Anglican Cathdral area as the working girls were upsetting the worshippers . It was like shoving you finger into a large burst dyke

HNY .belated I know

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 10:46 - Jan 5 with 2170 viewstrampie

Liverpool and the surrounding areas is and was an Irish republican stronghold the IRA was said to have had many helpers there.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 10:48 - Jan 5 with 2164 viewswhoflungdung

Ans a very strong Orange Lodge community .One of the few places to have Orange lodge marches.

Religious bigotry on both sides

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 10:57 - Jan 5 with 2158 viewstrampie

Yes indeed, I have seen Liverpool portrayed as a hell hole of religious bigotry on a few occasions.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 11:31 - Jan 5 with 2133 viewsProfessor

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 10:43 - Jan 5 by whoflungdung

I suppose ,having had a Christian upbringing, I'm doing God s work in trying to reach the dark souls on here gorging themselves on Liverpool s former reputation . I say former ,as both you and I know, the city is pre eminent in many respects ,not least classical music , at which many on here would express surprise.

I moved to Wirral in 76 and worked Liverpool for around thirty years . Never lived there but I know the city and it's quirky people. Programmes like this illustrate how unique Liverpool is in British history . It's truly a city with character albeit with many flaws but boring it ain't.

I consider myself lucky to live where I do and to be near such a magnificent ,flawed and simply fookn incredible potpouri of a City

Keep it to yourself but I was once officer in charge of "activities" around the Anglican Cathdral area as the working girls were upsetting the worshippers . It was like shoving you finger into a large burst dyke

HNY .belated I know

Sums it up well.

The activities were also prevalent on Crown Street but seem to have moved elsewhere now
A House Through Time BBC 2 on 11:46 - Jan 5 with 2123 viewsNeath_Jack

HNY .belated I know

I'm being genuine here now, why do you think that anyone in South Wales gives a flying one about liverpool? And i mean, really care, or are interested in the place? Maybe it's just me, but it wouldn't bother me if i never went to, or heard the name liverpool for the rest of my life. There are posters who have kids in uni up there, but other than that, you mention the place and you know that you're going to get pelters.

It's no different to Manchester, Bristol, Hull, Leeds, Bradford, all totally irrelevant.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 11:53 - Jan 5 with 2115 viewstrampie

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 11:46 - Jan 5 by Neath_Jack

I'm being genuine here now, why do you think that anyone in South Wales gives a flying one about liverpool? And i mean, really care, or are interested in the place? Maybe it's just me, but it wouldn't bother me if i never went to, or heard the name liverpool for the rest of my life. There are posters who have kids in uni up there, but other than that, you mention the place and you know that you're going to get pelters.

It's no different to Manchester, Bristol, Hull, Leeds, Bradford, all totally irrelevant.

Working girls in Liverpool......, what kind of work would that be then ?, I've had a very sheltered innocent upbringing so I'm wondering what the conversation is about.

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 11:53 - Jan 5 with 2115 viewslifelong

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 11:46 - Jan 5 by Neath_Jack

I agree.

Surely there is a Liverpool forum available where all this irrelevant information, as far as Swansea people are concerned, can be posted??
A House Through Time BBC 2 on 12:01 - Jan 5 with 2106 viewstrampie

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 11:53 - Jan 5 by lifelong

I agree.

Surely there is a Liverpool forum available where all this irrelevant information, as far as Swansea people are concerned, can be posted??

The odd post about other areas not local to Swansea are fine imo but posts all the time about somewhere totally out of the area does seem irrelevant and somewhat strange.

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 12:05 - Jan 5 with 2102 viewslifelong

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 12:01 - Jan 5 by trampie

The odd post about other areas not local to Swansea are fine imo but posts all the time about somewhere totally out of the area does seem irrelevant and somewhat strange.

Indeed Trampie... very strange.
A House Through Time BBC 2 on 12:16 - Jan 5 with 2081 viewsDarran

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 12:05 - Jan 5 by lifelong

Indeed Trampie... very strange.

There’s no denying the blokes a fuçking oddball.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 14:25 - Jan 5 with 2058 viewswhoflungdung

Neath jack
Please note the author of this thread

I was responding as was Professor.

Note who feel compelled to turn this and any other thread into personal bitterness

These are posters who should be banned as its all they do

It was an interesting programme which was why the thread was started

to answer your question. I don't know and don't give a feck but one thing for sure ,I am not one who persistently looks to turn threads into bitchfests

I'm sure you see that ...seriously

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 14:38 - Jan 5 with 2037 viewsHighjack

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 11:53 - Jan 5 by trampie

Working girls in Liverpool......, what kind of work would that be then ?, I've had a very sheltered innocent upbringing so I'm wondering what the conversation is about.

At least they're working.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 14:40 - Jan 5 with 2028 viewswhoflungdung

As are many up here now

Like South Wales really. Shockingly high unemployment history

Poverty in the valleys and ill health is well documented

A House Through Time BBC 2 on 15:43 - Jan 5 with 1991 viewsBobby_Fischer

HNY .belated I know

Is this like the time you were in charge of waiting in public toilets waiting for bum boys?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024