Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One trick pony 21:22 - Jan 5 with 10507 viewsswan65split

Scores again.
One trick pony on 12:15 - Jan 6 with 615 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 08:41 - Jan 6 by premierjack

If I ever think ayew is half as good as siggy, I will stop watching football!

Then he needs to start showing it, ignoring what our own players do in order to make what others do look better really isnt going to change anything.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

One trick pony on 12:18 - Jan 6 with 613 viewsgrabsplatter

Haven't seen enough of Viera to judge him but Newcastle & Burnley have been linked with him in the last couple of days.
We desperately need creativity but it doesn't come cheap unfortunately!
One trick pony on 12:18 - Jan 6 with 613 viewstrampie

J.Ayew isn't in the same ball park as Gylfi as a player, I can't believe some Swans fans are comparing him to Gylfi.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

One trick pony on 12:20 - Jan 6 with 612 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 08:56 - Jan 6 by 34dfgdf54

Viera, from a bottom of the league side is still one of the most creative players in La Liga. Due to the incompetence and failure to invest correctly, the club will go down, lose god knows how much and in the near future lose gate receipts by upto 40% I reckon.

Not really worked out as you thought it would, being a financial expert and all that.

Oh God I should have known we are still on about this nonsense. As soon as people realise La Liga is far easier than the Premier league the better. Borja Baston was one of the highest scoring strikers, Roque Mesa was one of the best passers... How did it work out for them?

What has not really worked out as I thought it would? I dont think I gave any predictions did I? Apart from the fect it is far less financial risk to buy british and young of course - which it quite obviously is.

One trick pony on 12:22 - Jan 6 with 604 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 11:23 - Jan 6 by trampie

It was started by a small percentage of Swans fans saying he is rubbish when of course he is top draw, he was voted Swans player of the year for last two successive seasons running, Gylfi was the players player of the year and the supporters player of the year last season, he got loads of goals, loads of assists and did loads of good work for the team, this mad minority started it and now with Swansea bottom of the league and Gylfi scoring some Worldies for his new team they are getting it in the neck and they don't like it, one trick pony - free flowing football - we will be better off without him - not worth the money, all bollocks, the player has proved what a good player he is.

Well so far he has poved he is just as affective as Jordan Ayew.

That bit seems to hurt the Gylfi agenda boys though, so they ignore it.

One trick pony on 12:24 - Jan 6 with 602 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 12:10 - Jan 6 by 34dfgdf54

Viera for £18m would be the one, if we have enough money left over from the Gylfi sale. If not because it’s been squandered on wages etc, I’d even sell Alfie and go with VDH rest of season with Bartley and Rodon in reserve. Stating the obvious but if we don’t get someone in with some creativity we will be down by end of Feb.

Jesus Christ, well foronce I am glad the likes of Jenkins make the decisions if that is the view.

One trick pony on 12:26 - Jan 6 with 596 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 12:18 - Jan 6 by trampie

J.Ayew isn't in the same ball park as Gylfi as a player, I can't believe some Swans fans are comparing him to Gylfi.

The fact he has done no more for his club this season than Jordan Ayew has done for ours (as a direct result of his departure), in a less attacking side says all there is to say.

If you dont think they can be compared... then the impact Gylfi has on Everton should be incomparable by definition - yet it isnt, its exactly the bloody same with Ayew excelling in almost every general play department.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 12:29]

One trick pony on 12:36 - Jan 6 with 584 viewstrampie

One trick pony on 12:20 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

Oh God I should have known we are still on about this nonsense. As soon as people realise La Liga is far easier than the Premier league the better. Borja Baston was one of the highest scoring strikers, Roque Mesa was one of the best passers... How did it work out for them?

What has not really worked out as I thought it would? I dont think I gave any predictions did I? Apart from the fect it is far less financial risk to buy british and young of course - which it quite obviously is.

British particularly English in the main don't do creativity, La Liga is the best league in the World and up until now has been better than the Premier League and it's been like that for years (although things might change this season we will have to see).
Salah, De Bruyne, Hazard, Gylfi, Eriksen, Coutinho, Mane, D.Silva, Pogba etc
Creativity is an area that British/English has always been lacking in compared to opponents abroad (there are some/been some but not many in comparison) if there is one area in most cases (not all) that teams need to look abroad for and it's the playmaker/attacking midfielder role.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Login to get fewer ads

One trick pony on 12:43 - Jan 6 with 574 viewstrampie

One trick pony on 12:26 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

The fact he has done no more for his club this season than Jordan Ayew has done for ours (as a direct result of his departure), in a less attacking side says all there is to say.

If you dont think they can be compared... then the impact Gylfi has on Everton should be incomparable by definition - yet it isnt, its exactly the bloody same with Ayew excelling in almost every general play department.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 12:29]

Siggy has done more for his club than J.Ayew has done for the Swans this season, obviously I have seen loads of the Swans but I have seen lots of Everton live on the box this season and Gylfi has been quality.

Gylfi is an all court player he does multiple tasks, that is what they paid the money for.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 12:44]

One trick pony on 12:43 - Jan 6 with 569 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 12:36 - Jan 6 by trampie

British particularly English in the main don't do creativity, La Liga is the best league in the World and up until now has been better than the Premier League and it's been like that for years (although things might change this season we will have to see).
Salah, De Bruyne, Hazard, Gylfi, Eriksen, Coutinho, Mane, D.Silva, Pogba etc
Creativity is an area that British/English has always been lacking in compared to opponents abroad (there are some/been some but not many in comparison) if there is one area in most cases (not all) that teams need to look abroad for and it's the playmaker/attacking midfielder role.

Wrong, it is not better in any department. Their top 2-3 teams are better than the top 2-3 in the Premier League by direct comparison (maybe not this year), apart from that the Premier league is far stronger. It is no coincidence olayers that score 25 a year over here go to La Liga and score 40. The defending is awful, the space is incredible and nowhere near as physical. Which is why the likes of Mesa come here and realise it is not as easy to walz through a Premier league midfield and the likes of Borja come here and realise that he is up against actual defences that give him no time or space.

One trick pony on 12:48 - Jan 6 with 559 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 12:43 - Jan 6 by trampie

Siggy has done more for his club than J.Ayew has done for the Swans this season, obviously I have seen loads of the Swans but I have seen lots of Everton live on the box this season and Gylfi has been quality.

Gylfi is an all court player he does multiple tasks, that is what they paid the money for.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 12:44]

What has he done then Tramps?

Tell us what we are all missing as to the real reason Everton paid a stupid amount of money for. If it wasnt for goals, set pieces, passing, assists, shooting, dribbling.... What was the real reason they paid £45m...

One trick pony on 12:59 - Jan 6 with 549 viewstrampie

One trick pony on 12:43 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

Wrong, it is not better in any department. Their top 2-3 teams are better than the top 2-3 in the Premier League by direct comparison (maybe not this year), apart from that the Premier league is far stronger. It is no coincidence olayers that score 25 a year over here go to La Liga and score 40. The defending is awful, the space is incredible and nowhere near as physical. Which is why the likes of Mesa come here and realise it is not as easy to walz through a Premier league midfield and the likes of Borja come here and realise that he is up against actual defences that give him no time or space.

Wrong, the best teams in La Liga are miles better than Premier League teams, La Liga teams have won the last 4 Champions league finals and provided 6 of the last 8 finalists, Premier League teams have not even provided a finalist in all that time.
The next tier La Liga teams have won the Europa league 3 times out of the last 4 and the Premier League once in that time frame.
So that only leaves the middle and bottom teams in both league's there is no cross border comps between those teams but based on the fact that the top 3 or 4 teams in La Liga are better than Premier League teams and the next 3 or 4 La Liga teams are better than the equivalent Premier League teams then it's a fair shout that the bottom La Liga teams are better than the bottom Prem League teams as well.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 13:02]

One trick pony on 13:03 - Jan 6 with 538 viewstrampie

One trick pony on 12:48 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

What has he done then Tramps?

Tell us what we are all missing as to the real reason Everton paid a stupid amount of money for. If it wasnt for goals, set pieces, passing, assists, shooting, dribbling.... What was the real reason they paid £45m...

Everton have paid for an all court player and that is what they have got.

One trick pony on 13:18 - Jan 6 with 511 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 13:03 - Jan 6 by trampie

Everton have paid for an all court player and that is what they have got.

That is just words though isnt it.

Take a look at the "all court" stats provided in page 1. He is doing no more, and more often less, than Jordan Ayew.

One trick pony on 13:22 - Jan 6 with 503 viewstrampie

One trick pony on 13:18 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

That is just words though isnt it.

Take a look at the "all court" stats provided in page 1. He is doing no more, and more often less, than Jordan Ayew.

J.Ayew is not an all court player, Gylfi is, Gylfi went box to box last night to score, Gylfi will play killer passes and not just 5 yard square and sideways balls.

One trick pony on 13:28 - Jan 6 with 496 viewsdameedna

I can see Viera attracting Newcastle or Burnley.
Sadly he wont be coming to us in January.
Opinions are wildly different at present.
Am a bit worried about Sanches and Clucas not playing well as I rate them highly.
This season has been bad for in-fighting.
Roathie not offering as much as he did either Neathie which is a sign of the times.
One trick pony on 15:50 - Jan 6 with 461 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 13:22 - Jan 6 by trampie

J.Ayew is not an all court player, Gylfi is, Gylfi went box to box last night to score, Gylfi will play killer passes and not just 5 yard square and sideways balls.

You keep saying words that don't mean anything.

One trick pony on 16:00 - Jan 6 with 450 viewsLeonWasGod

One trick pony on 13:22 - Jan 6 by trampie

Gylfi has the quality to change a game. It's as simple as that. He can be anonymous for 80 minutes and then pop in a goal from nowhere to win 3 points. That's what they paid for.

Llorente was the same for us last season, despite his shortfalls in several areas. But h was big and strong and caused havoc in the box and could find the net.

They kept us up last season - that's been proven .

We now have only have Bony who is a genuine game changer. Sure, any player can occasionally pop up and make a difference. Fer, Tammy, Olsson, Ayew, Narsingh have all done that in the not too distant past. But thy don't do it often. They're not in the same class as Bony, Siggy, Llorente. Not even close, despite how quickly they can run around (not impacting games).
One trick pony on 16:03 - Jan 6 with 446 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 16:00 - Jan 6 by LeonWasGod

Gylfi has the quality to change a game. It's as simple as that. He can be anonymous for 80 minutes and then pop in a goal from nowhere to win 3 points. That's what they paid for.

Llorente was the same for us last season, despite his shortfalls in several areas. But h was big and strong and caused havoc in the box and could find the net.

They kept us up last season - that's been proven .

We now have only have Bony who is a genuine game changer. Sure, any player can occasionally pop up and make a difference. Fer, Tammy, Olsson, Ayew, Narsingh have all done that in the not too distant past. But thy don't do it often. They're not in the same class as Bony, Siggy, Llorente. Not even close, despite how quickly they can run around (not impacting games).

Well he needs to be scoring more than the likes of Jordan Ayew then for them to feel they have £45m worth surely?

One trick pony on 16:30 - Jan 6 with 430 viewsLeonWasGod

One trick pony on 16:03 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

Well he needs to be scoring more than the likes of Jordan Ayew then for them to feel they have £45m worth surely?

Couldn't care less about Everton. He and Llorente (and PC's defensive discipline) kept us up last season and we're less of a threat without them. Which was obviously always going to be the case.
One trick pony on 16:35 - Jan 6 with 421 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 16:30 - Jan 6 by LeonWasGod

Couldn't care less about Everton. He and Llorente (and PC's defensive discipline) kept us up last season and we're less of a threat without them. Which was obviously always going to be the case.

They were part of what kept us up last season. They were also part of what rooted us to the bottom of the league for the first half of that season. Let's not be selective.

We have no idea what we would be like with them, we may be like what we were with them the first half of last season. I feel under the correct tactics we can be more of an attacking threat from a variety of players this season as opposed to restricting our attacks to go through 2.

This is evident by the fact he is doing no more for Everton than Ayew is doing for us, simply because Everton arent focussing their attacks simply through him.

Danny Graham also played his part by leading us to an 11th placed finish getting into double figures. Was happy to let him go too.

One trick pony on 16:43 - Jan 6 with 410 views34dfgdf54

One trick pony on 12:20 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

You don’t half talk some sh*t. Borja Baston was nowhere near top scorer and similar to Tammy it was obvious he couldn’t play up front on his own. Mesa is a strange one, I still believe he’s our best midfielder.

David Silva and many more doesn’t seem to find the standard difference to hard to take.

I mentioned the financial implications on the post previous, see how well off we’ll be next year with all the “smart financial” decisions we made in the summer.
One trick pony on 16:48 - Jan 6 with 406 viewsDarran

One trick pony on 16:43 - Jan 6 by 34dfgdf54

You don’t half talk some sh*t. Borja Baston was nowhere near top scorer and similar to Tammy it was obvious he couldn’t play up front on his own. Mesa is a strange one, I still believe he’s our best midfielder.

David Silva and many more doesn’t seem to find the standard difference to hard to take.

I mentioned the financial implications on the post previous, see how well off we’ll be next year with all the “smart financial” decisions we made in the summer.

You’ll struggle to find a more boring çunt ever to post on here Blaine.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

One trick pony on 16:49 - Jan 6 with 405 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 16:48 - Jan 6 by Darran

You’ll struggle to find a more boring çunt ever to post on here Blaine.

Or a more correct one.

Ill take that odd fella.

One trick pony on 16:54 - Jan 6 with 400 viewsE20Jack

One trick pony on 16:43 - Jan 6 by 34dfgdf54

I did not say he was top goalscorer. I said he was one of the top goalscoring strikers in La Liga that year. Which he was.

1 Luis Suárez 40
2 Cristiano Ronaldo 35
3 Lionel Messi 26
4 Neymar 24
5 Antoine Griezmann 22
6 Aritz Aduriz Athletic Bilbao 20
7 Gareth Bale Real Madrid 19
8 Ruben Castro 19
9 Borja Bastón Eibar 18

Whether Mesa is our best midfielder is irrelevant. He clearly found it a lot easier in La Liga, as most do - because it is an easier league.

Yes you mentioned the financial implications but failed to show how it would have differed if those correct decisions were not made.

In short, you arent making sense.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 17:03]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024