Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From The Trust 09:59 - Jan 6 with 27090 viewsPhil_S

News from the Trust

Discussions on sale of Trust shares put on hold.
Dear Phil

We have been advised by the majority owners of Swansea City that they intend to put discussions around the sale of some of the Trust's shares to the owners of the club on hold. When informing us of this, the owners of the club cited the ongoing concerns among some Trust and Trust Board members about aspects of the share sale and also the majority owners own desire to concentrate on on-field matters.

As the mandate from Trust members to sell shares was given in July 2017 and there will now be a further delay in fulfilling that mandate, the Trust Board can confirm that a further members’ consultation will take place to ensure the Trust Board is acting on the current views of its membership on how we proceed from this point.

We will provide a further update to members as soon as possible.

Best wishes

The Swans Trust Team
From The Trust on 12:51 - Jan 6 with 2243 viewslonglostjack

What happens if they sell on to another Delaware registered company before legal action is started?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

From The Trust on 12:52 - Jan 6 with 2239 viewsexiledclaseboy

From The Trust on 12:50 - Jan 6 by barry_island

Would legal action be against the Americans or the former owners?

Not sure to be honest but the likeliest outcome I believe is that the buyers would be forced to buy all of the Trust’s shares as well. But I’m a layman on that stuff, Ux has been in on the detail.

Poll: Tory leader

From The Trust on 12:52 - Jan 6 with 2239 viewsbarry_island

From The Trust on 12:49 - Jan 6 by exiledclaseboy

This is purely a personal view but I’m also disappointed that the owners of the club stopped the sale before the Trust did.

Has a hedge fund ever tried to take the moral high ground previously?

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

From The Trust on 12:52 - Jan 6 with 2239 viewsUxbridge

From The Trust on 12:12 - Jan 6 by monmouth

Quite right I’m sure. I’d rather just have my own preference than all this democracy shite though.

Yours

Monmouth Jong-un

Ditto. If only to watch Nookie implode

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

From The Trust on 12:52 - Jan 6 with 2239 viewslondonlisa2001

From The Trust on 12:18 - Jan 6 by Nookiejack

Looking forward to the alternative voting system Uxbridge comes up with this time.

There will have to be one given there was one last time.

You don't know what questions will be asked as yet. Neither do I by the way.
From The Trust on 12:55 - Jan 6 with 2219 viewslondonlisa2001

From The Trust on 12:51 - Jan 6 by longlostjack

What happens if they sell on to another Delaware registered company before legal action is started?

They would find it difficult to sell with the threat of legal action hanging over their heads without giving warranties. In other words, if legal action was then successful, the new owners would claim under the warranty against the previous owners.

And so on, of course.
From The Trust on 12:55 - Jan 6 with 2217 viewsWhiterockin

As I see it.

The new owners have put the sale on hold blaming the trust and fans. Could it be they don't want to buy shares that will probably be worth 50% less next season.

This move could well force the trust to take legal action. If the trust win the new owners blame the old owners for not completing the sale legally and sue the old board for their money back. The sellouts are forced to buy back the shares from the new owners at the original price that will then be worth 50% less.

Karma.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 12:58]
From The Trust on 12:56 - Jan 6 with 2215 viewswobbly

The Americans have reneged on the deal. They can dress it up as much as they like, but they made an offer, it was accepted, but before the agreements were signed they decided to walk away from it. Probably because the club is going to be relegated. The rest is just flannel.

So, what are we voting for? The deal is dead because the yanks reneged. So it’s vote for litigation or vote for status quo.

The yanks and the selling shareholders deserve each other - sneaky bast*rds the lot of them. Now let’s f*ck ‘em.
Login to get fewer ads

From The Trust on 12:58 - Jan 6 with 2190 viewslondonlisa2001

The most important action that can be taken at present, is JOIN THE TRUST TO GET A VOTE

If anyone has opinions about this, or knows people that have opinions about this, tell them as well to JOIN THE TRUST TO GET A VOTE.

Seriously. Do it. It's a tenner.
From The Trust on 12:59 - Jan 6 with 2172 viewsexiledclaseboy

From The Trust on 12:58 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

The most important action that can be taken at present, is JOIN THE TRUST TO GET A VOTE

If anyone has opinions about this, or knows people that have opinions about this, tell them as well to JOIN THE TRUST TO GET A VOTE.

Seriously. Do it. It's a tenner.

I strongly second this motion. If you want to have a say, whatever that say is, join the Trust and do it quickly.

From The Trust on 13:00 - Jan 6 with 2169 viewsJoe_bradshaw

From The Trust on 12:39 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

Great news.

Less great news is that I now have to join this shambkes of an organisation.

Does anyone know if I can withdraw my membership after the vote?

You could ask for a fiver back after six months. I doubt you’ll get it though.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

From The Trust on 13:04 - Jan 6 with 2144 viewslondonlisa2001

From The Trust on 12:59 - Jan 6 by exiledclaseboy

I strongly second this motion. If you want to have a say, whatever that say is, join the Trust and do it quickly.

And what a message that would send to the owners by the way.

Imagine the Trust going from 1100 members to 5000 members.

We need to show that we care, and aren't going to sit back and watch events unfold.
From The Trust on 13:10 - Jan 6 with 2107 viewsbarry_island

Just rejoined. As it was a secret ballot last time I won't say how I voted, but as a clue it rhymes with "seagull traction".
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 13:11]

From The Trust on 13:13 - Jan 6 with 2095 viewsthornabyswan

From The Trust on 12:59 - Jan 6 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed just joined any idea if the Trust membership has gone up significantly with the recent dealings and the likelihood good of another vote.
Does seem odd why the owners have put the deal on hold and not the Trust.
Would have the owners would want to avoid legal action.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

From The Trust on 13:14 - Jan 6 with 2087 viewsbarry_island

From The Trust on 13:04 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

And what a message that would send to the owners by the way.

Imagine the Trust going from 1100 members to 5000 members.

We need to show that we care, and aren't going to sit back and watch events unfold.

I'd be highly suspicious if membership increased by that amount.

From The Trust on 13:14 - Jan 6 with 2079 viewsE_Norma_Stitz

FAO Lisa,
Could you answer Whiterockin’s post ? I would be very interested in your views on this possible scenario.

STID. YJB.

From The Trust on 13:15 - Jan 6 with 2077 viewsJinxy

From The Trust on 10:39 - Jan 6 by Darran

Every sellout/buyout likes to emphasise that our on field problems are connected to our off field problems don’t they?

I was thinking about this the other day. Had the vote gone in favour of litigation, then the Trust/fans may well have been blamed for on-field performances by any combination of owners, ex shareholders and media. Every cloud I suppose. I will again vote for litigation - I think it's important that the next vote is campaigned in an unbiased and very clear way, and also in a manner that will encourage more members to take part in the vote, as opposed to the previous awful turnout.
From The Trust on 13:20 - Jan 6 with 2039 viewsE20Jack

From The Trust on 13:00 - Jan 6 by Joe_bradshaw

You could ask for a fiver back after six months. I doubt you’ll get it though.

They can keep my money, I just want my statistic taken off their register.

I imagine they look at their membership increase/decrease numbers as a representation of the work they are doing and take it as feedback.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

From The Trust on 13:21 - Jan 6 with 2030 viewsNeath_Jack

From The Trust on 13:20 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

I imagine they look at their membership increase/decrease numbers as a representation of the work they are doing and take it as feedback.

Stop being so silly.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

From The Trust on 13:29 - Jan 6 with 2002 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Every sellout/buyout likes to emphasise that our on field problems are connected to our off field problems don’t they?

THey do and they will continue to.

The Trust, on the other hand, can show that they didn’t rock the boat by pushing the issue during last season’s relegation fight and balloted members in the summer to avoid this. They could even use their decision to recommend the deal as an indicator that they’ve tried their best to cooperate with those running the club.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

From The Trust on 13:33 - Jan 6 with 1987 viewsdobjack2

But what they don’t emphasise is that they are responsible for both our off field problems and our on field problems
From The Trust on 13:39 - Jan 6 with 1959 viewslonglostjack

From The Trust on 12:55 - Jan 6 by londonlisa2001

They would find it difficult to sell with the threat of legal action hanging over their heads without giving warranties. In other words, if legal action was then successful, the new owners would claim under the warranty against the previous owners.

And so on, of course.

Thanks Lisa.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

From The Trust on 13:40 - Jan 6 with 1951 viewsscruffyjack

From The Trust on 13:15 - Jan 6 by Jinxy

I was thinking about this the other day. Had the vote gone in favour of litigation, then the Trust/fans may well have been blamed for on-field performances by any combination of owners, ex shareholders and media. Every cloud I suppose. I will again vote for litigation - I think it's important that the next vote is campaigned in an unbiased and very clear way, and also in a manner that will encourage more members to take part in the vote, as opposed to the previous awful turnout.

The owners/ex shareholders are blaming the trust/fans for our current predicament anyway. They would never admit that they are responsible for this complete and utter shambles.
From The Trust on 13:42 - Jan 6 with 1942 viewsexiledclaseboy

From The Trust on 13:20 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

Tell you what, PM me your name and I’ll personally make it clear to the trust board that your membership should in no way be construed as an endorsement of the board or the trust in general.

From The Trust on 13:43 - Jan 6 with 1931 viewsMoscowJack

Is it possible that they've just thought "fcuk it, if they want a fight, we'll give them one" and will drain the Trust's £800k in legal fees over the next few years?

In almost every experience I've had with Americans, they love threatening court and know that they'll win 9/10 if they have significant more money than the people they're fighting. It might be different in UK, but I wouldn't be surprised if they could drain every penny from the Trust's account before a decision is even made.

One thing the Yanks are good at is winning legal battles.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024