Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF Sanches??? 15:36 - Jan 6 with 25793 viewsPentyrchJack

What was all that about? I was warming to him, surely he has to go now?

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

WTF Sanches??? on 16:46 - Jan 6 with 2825 viewsMo_Wives

WTF Sanches??? on 16:28 - Jan 6 by jasper_T

Couldn't make it past the first three words of this, sorry.

The fourth word is actually two words 'he also' Icey forgot a space. No need to thank me

Good luck, Mr Cooper

WTF Sanches??? on 16:49 - Jan 6 with 2778 viewsicecoldjack

WTF Sanches??? on 16:28 - Jan 6 by jasper_T

Couldn't make it past the first three words of this, sorry.

No need to apologize .

I saw him make mugs out of the Welsh boys in the Euro's and get a £36 m quid move, doesn't mean he's awesome but i tdoes mean he has talent, he's definitely lost his way though !

If you had read past the first 3 words you'd see i classed him as one of our worst signings in a long time, John Bond said the same of Dean Saunders too. Football is a funny old game just a shame he's been dispointing with us .
WTF Sanches??? on 16:53 - Jan 6 with 2724 viewsDarran

WTF Sanches??? on 16:49 - Jan 6 by icecoldjack

No need to apologize .

I saw him make mugs out of the Welsh boys in the Euro's and get a £36 m quid move, doesn't mean he's awesome but i tdoes mean he has talent, he's definitely lost his way though !

If you had read past the first 3 words you'd see i classed him as one of our worst signings in a long time, John Bond said the same of Dean Saunders too. Football is a funny old game just a shame he's been dispointing with us .

He didn’t really do much in that game though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

WTF Sanches??? on 17:04 - Jan 6 with 2609 viewsicecoldjack

WTF Sanches??? on 16:53 - Jan 6 by Darran

He didn’t really do much in that game though.

I think when all of europes top clubs are trying to sign you there must be something of note they see and like and think they can develop.
He was linked with a lot of top clubs like Juventus,Man utd , Bayern etc.

While we can rightly say and judge him on his time here that he's been awful/disappointing we can't say fully he is without talent. I don't think you become the most sought after young player unless there is talent, how that talent is fully extracted or if it ever will be is another question .

I don't think top clubs get it wrong as often as our DOF does. They employ the top scouts and many were after him, he's lost his way and perhaps may never develop from where he is .
Clement should have had enough insight to see if he was worth the move or not, he obviously thought he was.

It's all a bit gutting really, i thought he'd be a cracking signing and he's been poor so far, no hiding from it.
WTF Sanches??? on 17:06 - Jan 6 with 2569 viewsDarran

WTF Sanches??? on 17:04 - Jan 6 by icecoldjack

I think when all of europes top clubs are trying to sign you there must be something of note they see and like and think they can develop.
He was linked with a lot of top clubs like Juventus,Man utd , Bayern etc.

While we can rightly say and judge him on his time here that he's been awful/disappointing we can't say fully he is without talent. I don't think you become the most sought after young player unless there is talent, how that talent is fully extracted or if it ever will be is another question .

I don't think top clubs get it wrong as often as our DOF does. They employ the top scouts and many were after him, he's lost his way and perhaps may never develop from where he is .
Clement should have had enough insight to see if he was worth the move or not, he obviously thought he was.

It's all a bit gutting really, i thought he'd be a cracking signing and he's been poor so far, no hiding from it.

So what did he do in the Wales game?

WTF Sanches??? on 17:18 - Jan 6 with 2426 viewsicecoldjack

WTF Sanches??? on 17:06 - Jan 6 by Darran

So what did he do in the Wales game?

Honestly i just remember him driving at our team in the second half and Joe Allen having been carded couldn't get close .
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 17:24]
WTF Sanches??? on 17:29 - Jan 6 with 2329 viewsDarran

WTF Sanches??? on 17:18 - Jan 6 by icecoldjack

Honestly i just remember him driving at our team in the second half and Joe Allen having been carded couldn't get close .
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 17:24]

Fair enough. I can’t remember him doing much at all I do remember all the commentators talking about as if he was something special and wondering why.

WTF Sanches??? on 17:45 - Jan 6 with 2210 viewsBobby_Fischer

WTF Sanches??? on 15:56 - Jan 6 by Kinsey

Totally agree.

Substandard, and if he never dons a Swansea shirt again it’ll be too soon.

Came to us thinking he would be our saviour because of his Bundesliga “success”

These primadonnas need to realise, this is the best league in the world.

You can’t come here giving the big I AM. You’ll fall flat.

He's never had Bundesliga success?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Login to get fewer ads

WTF Sanches??? on 17:51 - Jan 6 with 2162 viewsKinsey

WTF Sanches??? on 17:45 - Jan 6 by Bobby_Fischer

He's never had Bundesliga success?

Hence the reason for “ ”
WTF Sanches??? on 18:01 - Jan 6 with 2058 viewsone_upmanship

Love to tell you I told you so

Not so many creaming their knickers now
WTF Sanches??? on 18:06 - Jan 6 with 2015 viewsE20Jack

WTF Sanches??? on 18:01 - Jan 6 by one_upmanship

Love to tell you I told you so

Not so many creaming their knickers now

I am. The fact we were able to sign a player like this in such demand and high regard is encouraging. Some things dont work out, some do. Keep doing the right things is all we can ask, and if Clement thought he could get his confidence back then it was the right thing to do. I will never slag the club off for this signing, it was one that simply had to be made.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

WTF Sanches??? on 18:13 - Jan 6 with 1961 viewsDarran

WTF Sanches??? on 18:06 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

I am. The fact we were able to sign a player like this in such demand and high regard is encouraging. Some things dont work out, some do. Keep doing the right things is all we can ask, and if Clement thought he could get his confidence back then it was the right thing to do. I will never slag the club off for this signing, it was one that simply had to be made.

Why didn’t he have any confidence when he came to us then?

Serious question.

WTF Sanches??? on 18:16 - Jan 6 with 1941 viewsobikwas

Renato is not ready for the Premier League as he was not ready for Bayern as he was not ready to leave Benfica.

We're talking about a press overhyped player here in Portugal (our press hypes every single player they can from Benfica, but that's a long story and a even longer post) which had a very good half season in the first division. Yes, HALF A SEASON! The lack of good choices in Benfica's main team (specially due to injuries), and the good season he was having in the second league with Benfica B, made their manager try him in the main squad and he succeeded. He had a great second half of the season and was then chosen to be part of the Portuguese squad at the Euro 2016. The way we played created the right environment for Renato to shine: he didn't have to worry about defending as we had midfielders way to good at defending, allowing him to play free in front of them.

But it was all too fast and I bet Bayern quickly understood the error they made. He will be on loan to clubs in the Jorge Mendes spectrum (Valencia, Atletico, Wolves, etc..) and with some luck maybe he can still live up to his hype and turn his raw talent into something more. He has to work a lot and maybe he'll get there.

But he was not and is not what Swansea needs so we should do whatever we can to get rid of him, get some money back and replace him with a viable pick.
WTF Sanches??? on 18:17 - Jan 6 with 1933 viewsKinsey

WTF Sanches??? on 18:06 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

Nonsense.

He won’t be in high demand any more!
WTF Sanches??? on 18:17 - Jan 6 with 1931 viewsE20Jack

WTF Sanches??? on 18:13 - Jan 6 by Darran

Why didn’t he have any confidence when he came to us then?

Serious question.

Is it a serious question though? or are you going to descend this conversation into a farce again? That is usually was ''serious question'' means.

I will take you on face value and answer though.

He wasn't getting any game time at Munich, something we have seen many times in world football as a youngster moves to a giant club too early. I think Munich wanted him to be the finished article, he still needed games to grow and learn which he wasn't afforded. To be labelled the next big thing to not being able to get a game clearly affected him in what was a prime developmental stage of his career.

It hasn't worked though, he has a serious problem to face now and it is a mental one not an ability one.

WTF Sanches??? on 18:20 - Jan 6 with 1902 viewsE20Jack

WTF Sanches??? on 18:17 - Jan 6 by Kinsey

Nonsense.

He won’t be in high demand any more!

Irrelevant. The decision to sign him was not made now.

WTF Sanches??? on 18:23 - Jan 6 with 1880 viewsSwanjaxs

Goodbye Renato ... you were pretty shìt

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

WTF Sanches??? on 18:27 - Jan 6 with 1842 viewsPozuelosSideys

Starting to get the impression Sanches doesnt want to be here, and never actually wanted to come here. Would explain a lot..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

WTF Sanches??? on 18:30 - Jan 6 with 1811 viewsSwanzay

Shame the highlights didn't clarify or show the situation...
WTF Sanches??? on 18:34 - Jan 6 with 1785 viewsmidswan

WTF Sanches??? on 18:27 - Jan 6 by PozuelosSideys

Starting to get the impression Sanches doesnt want to be here, and never actually wanted to come here. Would explain a lot..

It would indeed explain a lot. Should not be starting for us as has been said many a time.
WTF Sanches??? on 18:38 - Jan 6 with 1768 viewsAl_Bundy

WTF Sanches??? on 18:16 - Jan 6 by obikwas

Renato is not ready for the Premier League as he was not ready for Bayern as he was not ready to leave Benfica.

We're talking about a press overhyped player here in Portugal (our press hypes every single player they can from Benfica, but that's a long story and a even longer post) which had a very good half season in the first division. Yes, HALF A SEASON! The lack of good choices in Benfica's main team (specially due to injuries), and the good season he was having in the second league with Benfica B, made their manager try him in the main squad and he succeeded. He had a great second half of the season and was then chosen to be part of the Portuguese squad at the Euro 2016. The way we played created the right environment for Renato to shine: he didn't have to worry about defending as we had midfielders way to good at defending, allowing him to play free in front of them.

But it was all too fast and I bet Bayern quickly understood the error they made. He will be on loan to clubs in the Jorge Mendes spectrum (Valencia, Atletico, Wolves, etc..) and with some luck maybe he can still live up to his hype and turn his raw talent into something more. He has to work a lot and maybe he'll get there.

But he was not and is not what Swansea needs so we should do whatever we can to get rid of him, get some money back and replace him with a viable pick.

"he doesn't have to worry about defending" Our whole team defends
WTF Sanches??? on 18:40 - Jan 6 with 1747 viewsjack_lord

I was listening to Swansea sound and they said as soon as it happened it looked like he had pulled his hamstring. That was before he came off the pirch. They said he went in to the dugout but was sent to get treatment.

Their take on him kicking out was frustration.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

WTF Sanches??? on 18:42 - Jan 6 with 1731 viewsDarran

WTF Sanches??? on 18:17 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

Is it a serious question though? or are you going to descend this conversation into a farce again? That is usually was ''serious question'' means.

I will take you on face value and answer though.

He wasn't getting any game time at Munich, something we have seen many times in world football as a youngster moves to a giant club too early. I think Munich wanted him to be the finished article, he still needed games to grow and learn which he wasn't afforded. To be labelled the next big thing to not being able to get a game clearly affected him in what was a prime developmental stage of his career.

It hasn't worked though, he has a serious problem to face now and it is a mental one not an ability one.

It was a serious question though I’m still not getting this lack of confidence thing myself because it looks to me and lots of other people that he’s lacking in ability too.

WTF Sanches??? on 18:42 - Jan 6 with 1721 viewsAl_Bundy

And to think .. Sanches was the replacement for our £45m departure.. good grief that decision looks extremely poor the more the season goes on.

It must have been a big ask for Sanches to shine today against the mighty Wolves !
WTF Sanches??? on 18:43 - Jan 6 with 1711 viewsE20Jack

WTF Sanches??? on 18:42 - Jan 6 by Al_Bundy

And to think .. Sanches was the replacement for our £45m departure.. good grief that decision looks extremely poor the more the season goes on.

It must have been a big ask for Sanches to shine today against the mighty Wolves !

No he wasn't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024