Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF Sanches??? 15:36 - Jan 6 with 25783 viewsPentyrchJack

What was all that about? I was warming to him, surely he has to go now?

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

WTF Sanches??? on 20:14 - Jan 6 with 2743 viewsSwanzay

WTF Sanches??? on 20:00 - Jan 6 by Darran

Ok.

Ive seen enough to let him no where near a free kick outside the box,atm.
WTF Sanches??? on 20:40 - Jan 6 with 2654 viewsMoscowJack

Sanches most definitely was brought in with playing him in the no.10 role in mind.

He has the skill to play there, but nowhere near the accuracy or consistency. He could be pushed deeper or wider, but he's a no.10 who's currently very poor at it.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

WTF Sanches??? on 20:41 - Jan 6 with 2645 viewsE20Jack

WTF Sanches??? on 20:40 - Jan 6 by MoscowJack

Sanches most definitely was brought in with playing him in the no.10 role in mind.

He has the skill to play there, but nowhere near the accuracy or consistency. He could be pushed deeper or wider, but he's a no.10 who's currently very poor at it.

No way.

If he was brought in to play there, then he would play there.

We quite clearly had Chadli earmarked for that role.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 20:42]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

WTF Sanches??? on 20:50 - Jan 6 with 2600 viewsMoscowJack

WTF Sanches??? on 20:41 - Jan 6 by E20Jack

No way.

If he was brought in to play there, then he would play there.

We quite clearly had Chadli earmarked for that role.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 20:42]

He's been played there and failed. So has Routledge and Ayew.

I know you won't admin to being wrong and don't want 15+ pages of disagreeing so you're right.....Sanches was never a replacement for Gylfi. Never entered Clement's mind, or Jenkins'. Ever.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

WTF Sanches??? on 20:53 - Jan 6 with 2567 viewsE20Jack

WTF Sanches??? on 20:50 - Jan 6 by MoscowJack

He's been played there and failed. So has Routledge and Ayew.

I know you won't admin to being wrong and don't want 15+ pages of disagreeing so you're right.....Sanches was never a replacement for Gylfi. Never entered Clement's mind, or Jenkins'. Ever.

He has been shoehorned there since (at times). But he did not get played there when he was brought in.

There is no need to admit anything, I am just stating facts. You don't bring in a striker and play him in defence.

They may have thought he could ''do a job'' once Chadli fell through, but he most certainly was not brought in as a like for like. Facts are facts regarding that.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 20:56]

WTF Sanches??? on 20:58 - Jan 6 with 2552 viewsobikwas

WTF Sanches??? on 20:14 - Jan 6 by Brynmill_Jack

He had his best game in a Swansea shirt against Tottenham Hotspur who are packed with quality in every department. He was running with the ball in between Spurs defence and midfield and causing them serious concerns. He played a couple of magical one touch passes which put Narsingh and Ayew in behind the Totenham defence and should have resulted in two goals.

I appreciate you may be a Sporting Lisbon fan with an in built hatred for Benfica but try to take your blinkers off...................

There's no such thing as "Sporting Lisbon" and I'm yet to understand what my club preference has anything to do with the fact he is a box-to-box and not the 10 you want him to be.

And no, i'm not a Sporting CP fan.
WTF Sanches??? on 20:59 - Jan 6 with 2535 viewsE20Jack

WTF Sanches??? on 20:58 - Jan 6 by obikwas

There's no such thing as "Sporting Lisbon" and I'm yet to understand what my club preference has anything to do with the fact he is a box-to-box and not the 10 you want him to be.

obikwas, only some fans who dont know him wanted him to be a number 10. I agree with you he is not and probably never will be a number 10. But I also am pretty sure that was never the plan anyway.

WTF Sanches??? on 21:55 - Jan 6 with 2410 viewsZZoric

lets all hope he isnt crocked - midfield needs his x factor - much like Palace need Zaha

revert to 16/17 winning formula - Leon / Ki / TC (+ RS)

atleast CC has settled the mesa drama - fat waiter is now surely (even by the dire die-hard blinkered mesa-ists' standards) confined to the U23's - King, Fulton and Byers (even Cian Harries in a deep holding CDM) are way ahead in the pecking order
Login to get fewer ads

WTF Sanches??? on 22:11 - Jan 6 with 2373 viewsJacket

WTF Sanches??? on 16:49 - Jan 6 by icecoldjack

No need to apologize .

I saw him make mugs out of the Welsh boys in the Euro's and get a £36 m quid move, doesn't mean he's awesome but i tdoes mean he has talent, he's definitely lost his way though !

If you had read past the first 3 words you'd see i classed him as one of our worst signings in a long time, John Bond said the same of Dean Saunders too. Football is a funny old game just a shame he's been dispointing with us .

Learn to spell prick
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 22:16]
WTF Sanches??? on 22:28 - Jan 6 with 2327 viewsUplandsJack

Your description of Sanches, is pretty much what I recall reading Clement describe him as.... A box to box player.
I don't have any idea from who, the supposed No10 role got placed at his feet.
WTF Sanches??? on 22:38 - Jan 6 with 2281 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who said I wanted him to be a no.10?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

WTF Sanches??? on 22:39 - Jan 6 with 2278 viewsUxbridge

WTF Sanches??? on 20:06 - Jan 6 by obikwas

He is a box-to-box that needs a defensive midfielder that relieves him of the pressure of having to defend. This only happens while he doesn't grow as a player and learns to defend properly. This is why I believe Carlos will insist in a 4-3-3.

Don't count on him to be a 10, his skills don't match the profile of a 10. He has no criativity and his passing skills needed to be on point (which are not).
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 20:07]

So, basically, the link midfielder in a 4-5-1. With a DM behind him, and an AM ahead. I've been saying that for ages.

The problem as it stands is our lack of AMs, and the reluctance to play Mesa as our DM (which may be due to his annoying habit of screwing royally up at least once a game). Well, that's our midfield problem. We'll ignore the flanks for now.

Our issue isn't Sanches, and a large part of the problem is that we've hung our hat on a kid who was unsuited to replacing someone we needed replacing. Behind Siggy, I suspect he'd be golden. As a link midfielder he's probably better than Clucas and Carroll.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

WTF Sanches??? on 22:40 - Jan 6 with 2268 views34dfgdf54

WTF Sanches??? on 22:39 - Jan 6 by Uxbridge

So, basically, the link midfielder in a 4-5-1. With a DM behind him, and an AM ahead. I've been saying that for ages.

The problem as it stands is our lack of AMs, and the reluctance to play Mesa as our DM (which may be due to his annoying habit of screwing royally up at least once a game). Well, that's our midfield problem. We'll ignore the flanks for now.

Our issue isn't Sanches, and a large part of the problem is that we've hung our hat on a kid who was unsuited to replacing someone we needed replacing. Behind Siggy, I suspect he'd be golden. As a link midfielder he's probably better than Clucas and Carroll.

Brilliant post.

Sign Viera!
WTF Sanches??? on 22:46 - Jan 6 with 2250 viewsUxbridge

WTF Sanches??? on 22:40 - Jan 6 by 34dfgdf54

Brilliant post.

Sign Viera!

Well, someone anyway.

I'm not sold on Viera to be honest. I tend to put a lot of weight on a player's track record when shelling out on someone. Just like I wouldn't have shelled out 13m+ on someone released by Lincoln a few years ago, and one good season at Hull, I'm not sure Viera justifies the price tag based on one decent season.

Our gaps are so blindingly obvious though.

WTF Sanches??? on 22:52 - Jan 6 with 2223 viewsicecoldjack

WTF Sanches??? on 19:20 - Jan 6 by MoscowJack

Agree with everything except that he didn't come here to sit on the bench or be back up to someone like Chadli. We wouldn't have spent roughly £160k a week (£6m loan fee + wages) on him to sit on the bench.

He was the one Clement wants to add the magic spark that had been missing from our midfield since Michu left and we all though he was the man too! Sadly, he's just another over-hyped kid who thinks he's far better than he is. When he gets over it, drops a few divisions, wastes all his money and actually needs to buckle down to save any potential career, we might eventually see a half decent player as he's definitely skillful.

If someone had offered me Renato Sanches for Gylfi last August I would have snapped their hand off, but it shows how little reputations can sometimes mean. Having worked closely with him, Clement should have known that there was a big risk involved and it eventually cost him his job and maybe us Premier League status.

A very balanced comment there fair play.
WTF Sanches??? on 22:57 - Jan 6 with 2215 views34dfgdf54

WTF Sanches??? on 22:46 - Jan 6 by Uxbridge

Well, someone anyway.

I'm not sold on Viera to be honest. I tend to put a lot of weight on a player's track record when shelling out on someone. Just like I wouldn't have shelled out 13m+ on someone released by Lincoln a few years ago, and one good season at Hull, I'm not sure Viera justifies the price tag based on one decent season.

Our gaps are so blindingly obvious though.

He’s carried on in the same way this season though in a much weaker side.

Fair enougb though.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 22:58]
WTF Sanches??? on 23:00 - Jan 6 with 2199 viewsUxbridge

WTF Sanches??? on 22:57 - Jan 6 by 34dfgdf54

He’s carried on in the same way this season though in a much weaker side.

Fair enougb though.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 22:58]

I like what I've seen. And, let's be fair, he couldn't do a lot worse. But I do worry whether the price tag justifies his talent.

Either way, we need someone like him. And wingers. And a full back or two. And another striker.

This isn't revisionism. This was all said in August. I was someone who thought we bought well in August, and the jury is out on that, but even then the same concerns were still raised. Not a new issue of course, much the same was said over the last two years.

WTF Sanches??? on 23:01 - Jan 6 with 2184 viewsicecoldjack

WTF Sanches??? on 22:11 - Jan 6 by Jacket

Learn to spell prick
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 22:16]

Prick .<sp>

There, do i get a Gold Star now ?

If you wish to be pedantic then maybe a brush up on your punctuation is a good idea.

Thanks .

WTF Sanches??? on 00:08 - Jan 7 with 2011 viewsWarwickHunt

WTF Sanches??? on 21:55 - Jan 6 by ZZoric

lets all hope he isnt crocked - midfield needs his x factor - much like Palace need Zaha

revert to 16/17 winning formula - Leon / Ki / TC (+ RS)

atleast CC has settled the mesa drama - fat waiter is now surely (even by the dire die-hard blinkered mesa-ists' standards) confined to the U23's - King, Fulton and Byers (even Cian Harries in a deep holding CDM) are way ahead in the pecking order

Shagged your missus?
WTF Sanches??? on 00:10 - Jan 7 with 2000 viewsSgorioFruit

Can someone who was at the game confirm what happened?

From what I can gather on here

- Sanches takes a crap shot
- rest of players look on in disbelief
- Sanches walks off the pitch?

Now for some questions...
Did the manager order him off the pitch?
What was this tantrum he pulled walking off?
Was there an injury?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

WTF Sanches??? on 05:43 - Jan 7 with 1821 viewsLoyal

WTF Sanches??? on 16:41 - Jan 6 by andrew

Sky sports say Injury. I love how everyone jumps on his back though as if he’s the worst player we have, we have much more garbage than him.

From your position in the ground what did you see ?
Because what I saw was a player who just gave up, he walked off the pitch and no way was the manager prepared for it. it's utter nonsense he was injured. In fact anyone who believes the bullshit that comes out of swansea city these days is a complete and utter mug.

The guy gave up, end of.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

WTF Sanches??? on 09:37 - Jan 7 with 1731 viewsSgorioFruit

WTF Sanches??? on 00:10 - Jan 7 by SgorioFruit

Can someone who was at the game confirm what happened?

From what I can gather on here

- Sanches takes a crap shot
- rest of players look on in disbelief
- Sanches walks off the pitch?

Now for some questions...
Did the manager order him off the pitch?
What was this tantrum he pulled walking off?
Was there an injury?

Anyone?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

WTF Sanches??? on 09:39 - Jan 7 with 1728 views34dfgdf54

WTF Sanches??? on 05:43 - Jan 7 by Loyal

Because what I saw was a player who just gave up, he walked off the pitch and no way was the manager prepared for it. it's utter nonsense he was injured. In fact anyone who believes the bullshit that comes out of swansea city these days is a complete and utter mug.

The guy gave up, end of.

Agreed.

Carvalhal said he doesn’t expect him to be out for “many days”, hamstring injuries don’t work like that. He’s completely shot, and he knows it so walked off. I know what he did was wrong, but I do feel sorry for him, his career is basically falling apart around him.
WTF Sanches??? on 10:07 - Jan 7 with 1668 viewsMattG

WTF Sanches??? on 05:43 - Jan 7 by Loyal

The guy gave up, end of.

Maybe I wasn't paying full attention due to my irritation that he had blazed yet another one high into the stand but I didn't see that. I do remember being surprised that he'd injured himself in the act of shooting (didn't he even go to ground at one point?) but honestly didn't give it any more thought. I certainly didn't see any sort of big falling out between him and his team-mates on the field.

To be honest, I was more annoyed that we replaced him with Carroll rather than Mesa.
WTF Sanches??? on 11:55 - Jan 7 with 1551 viewsPozuelosSideys

Think hes meant to be a box to box player like Pratley was.

Hes no DM, and i dont think hes capable enough to play as a 10.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024