Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just some thoughts 17:59 - Jan 6 with 3279 viewsobikwas

I've been following Swansea City from quite some time now and although I just comment on forums from time to time, it's sad to see what's happening after how far we've come (allow me the audacity of saying "we" even though Swansea is not and will never be my main club - which is FC Porto since I was born and until I die). I watch games everytime I can, and try to follow news and updates on at least a weekly basis.

Let me start by saying we have now (finally!) a decent coach. I've been following his career since he started having good seasons here in the second division (with Leixões) and I strongly believe he will be capable of avoiding relegation, even with the lack of talented players in the team.

I never understood Swansea's strategy when it comes to transfers. As a portuguese football fan, I must say we only hire shit from here! Nelson Oliveira, Renato Sanchez, Eder (lol!). There are lots of talented players out there, specially on the national league, and the scouting choices are just ridiculous. Then, we burn millions on a couple of players every season and surround them with below average choices for the rest of the positions. It's like that guy that lives in a falling shed but has a BMW parked outside. And I'm not even including in this argument the Renato's deal, which is a joke.

You don't have money to buy good ones? Get two or three good loans until you do! We need to invest in young, cheap players looking to chase the premier league dream at the same time. Bet on good players from portugal, croatia, serbia, etc. which are a low risk/high chance bet.

Carvalhal must be given two or three good pieces to allow him to at least stand a chance and make good things happen. And please don't burn 13M € on another bad choice, get some scouting staff ffs.
Just some thoughts on 19:04 - Jan 6 with 3108 viewsAl_Bundy

I think CC is a decent enough coach but whether he is the long term answer only time will tell.

He will have a very limited influence who we bring in in this window to avoid the drop

Also the owners will be very reluctant to spend or outlay anything to help CC out in the next three weeks.

So all things considered.. we will be relegated. CC may stay on as he knows the Championship.
Just some thoughts on 19:48 - Jan 6 with 3015 viewsPawelAbbott

I have to agree.
Our scouting is a total joke and has been for years. It is one of our main issues.
Just some thoughts on 20:48 - Jan 6 with 2874 viewsmax936

Just some thoughts on 19:48 - Jan 6 by PawelAbbott

I have to agree.
Our scouting is a total joke and has been for years. It is one of our main issues.

The outstanding main issue is the DOF

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Just some thoughts on 21:46 - Jan 6 with 2772 viewsobikwas

Just some thoughts on 20:48 - Jan 6 by max936

The outstanding main issue is the DOF

DOF?
Just some thoughts on 21:48 - Jan 6 with 2751 viewsairedale

Just some thoughts on 21:46 - Jan 6 by obikwas

DOF?

Director of Football.
Just some thoughts on 21:49 - Jan 6 with 2739 viewsBanosswan

Just some thoughts on 21:48 - Jan 6 by airedale

Director of Football.

Self appointed, questionable ' director of football'.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Just some thoughts on 21:54 - Jan 6 with 2703 viewsobikwas

Sorry but DOF is the same as football administration manager or are two different roles?
Just some thoughts on 21:57 - Jan 6 with 2691 viewsBanosswan

Just some thoughts on 21:54 - Jan 6 by obikwas

Sorry but DOF is the same as football administration manager or are two different roles?

Think 'dictator'

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

Just some thoughts on 22:08 - Jan 6 with 2637 viewsshenleymun

I must admit I don’t give a toss what a “Swans fan” from Portugal thinks, especially one who gets snotty with proper Swans fans for talking about “Sporting Lisbon” on other threads, and disses Eder who won Portugal the Euros.
Just some thoughts on 22:14 - Jan 6 with 2610 viewsShonky

Just some thoughts on 22:08 - Jan 6 by shenleymun

I must admit I don’t give a toss what a “Swans fan” from Portugal thinks, especially one who gets snotty with proper Swans fans for talking about “Sporting Lisbon” on other threads, and disses Eder who won Portugal the Euros.

Kieron Durkan scored one of the best goals I ever saw. He was still a shyt player.

Its just a ride...

Just some thoughts on 22:46 - Jan 6 with 2525 viewsobikwas

Just some thoughts on 22:08 - Jan 6 by shenleymun

So I can't correct "proper" Swans fans when they are wrong? Ok.

Thanks for contributing with your constructive opinion to the thread, you're really adding to the discussion as you're friend did on the other thread.

And sorry if a random guy from Portugal supports your team, even though he has no ties with Wales or Swansea. Like that was a bad thing...

Eder had a great impact in Swansea, why don't you beg for him to come back? Maybe you should move Fabianski to FW, he has scored the same amount of goals Eder did.
Just some thoughts on 14:59 - Jan 7 with 2253 viewsobikwas

In Italy there are rumours that Milan wants to put André Silva on loan for the rest of the season and that Everton is interested.

That's a great opportunity for Swansea, we're talking about the main striker of Portugal's national team and a great talent.
Just some thoughts on 15:04 - Jan 7 with 2222 viewsSwanjaxs

Just some thoughts on 22:46 - Jan 6 by obikwas

Thanks for contributing with your constructive opinion to the thread, you're really adding to the discussion as you're friend did on the other thread.

And sorry if a random guy from Portugal supports your team, even though he has no ties with Wales or Swansea. Like that was a bad thing...

Eder had a great impact in Swansea, why don't you beg for him to come back? Maybe you should move Fabianski to FW, he has scored the same amount of goals Eder did.

Dont take it to heart mate, most on here couldn't give a toss what shenleymun posts ...
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 15:05]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Just some thoughts on 15:10 - Jan 7 with 2200 viewsMo_Wives

Just some thoughts on 21:46 - Jan 6 by obikwas

DOF?

Dunce
On
Five hundred thousand per annum

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Just some thoughts on 15:13 - Jan 7 with 2183 viewsPozuelosSideys

Just some thoughts on 22:46 - Jan 6 by obikwas

You should post more often. At least you talk sense unlike many on here

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Just some thoughts on 21:01 - Jan 7 with 1973 viewssomersetsimon

Just some thoughts on 21:49 - Jan 6 by Banosswan

Self appointed, questionable ' director of football'.

Not every club has a DoF role, but those I've heard of have always been experienced ex-managers or ex-players. Has any other club ever appointed a DoF with no football experience?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024