Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fer red card 21:36 - Jan 6 with 6634 viewsPentyrchJack

I know it should have been a yellow card but I think he deserved a red card for the sheer stupidity and cynicism. Not the first time this season he has clipped an opponents heels because he is too lazy to track back and contes the ball. Should be offloaded to Falkirk.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Fer red card on 21:42 - Jan 6 with 3430 viewsCooperman

I’ve seen Leon do that plenty of times so I’m not going to pick fault because he took one for the team. In fact the last Leon one I saw was in a very similar place on the pitch.

What I will slate Fer for though is generally being a lazy, slow and ponderous waste of valuable playing staff budget. He’ll be despatched at the next available opportunity.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Fer red card on 21:43 - Jan 6 with 3429 viewsbuilthjack

Absolute stupidity, as normal, he is an idiot.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Fer red card on 21:43 - Jan 6 with 3419 viewsScotia

It wasn't a red card.

But what a stupid thing to do, I can't stand him anymore. He's got a lot of ability, he improved hugely when Clement turned up last season, but his attitude stinks.

He's become a parasite.
Fer red card on 21:54 - Jan 6 with 3358 viewsChrisSCFC

His ability is limited at best and has consistently cost us at least 3 goals for every 1 he's contributed too since he's been at the club, for me he's one of the worst signings we've ever made at least with other failures there was an element pf the unknown about them or you could file under having potential, Leroy Fer was established mediocrity at this level long before we ever put a bid in for him and that's being kind to him IMO.
Fer red card on 23:44 - Jan 6 with 3082 viewsPegojack

Just seen it on motd. Clearly not a red, should be rescinded.

But a very disappointing attitude from Fer. An honest, hard working player would have set off after the opponent, determined to win the ball back. That twonk decides instead to cynically trip him and take a yellow.
Wouldn't be disappointed if the boss has seen enough and decides to get rid.
Fer red card on 23:47 - Jan 6 with 3063 viewsBanosswan

Cynical fouls should have their own orange card or something. Worse than a yellow, never a red, commit another foul and you're off.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Fer red card on 23:49 - Jan 6 with 3050 viewsEU5Makaveli

It was a yellow and nothing more.
Fer red card on 23:54 - Jan 6 with 3007 viewsYossarian

Please offload in January ffs.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Login to get fewer ads

Fer red card on 00:59 - Jan 7 with 2911 viewsDewi1jack

Fer red card on 23:49 - Jan 6 by EU5Makaveli

It was a yellow and nothing more.

Correct.
But refs will mostly look for an opportunity to even a game out so as it's 10 v 10.

Exclude Dean from that as he still must be sure it was us that coined him and the vermin medics glued him back together.

Hint.
If it had of been us Dean, we'd have used breezeblocks or bars from the crush barriers

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Fer red card on 04:47 - Jan 7 with 2767 viewsBobby_Fischer

Yea no more than a yellow, did the OP think Jason Scotland was lazy?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Fer red card on 07:44 - Jan 7 with 2699 viewsjasper_T

I don't see what's stupid about it. He stopped a breakaway by taking a card for the team. Leon does it practically every game and we sing his name afterwards.

There's no way he could have expected a red card for a textbook cynical foul in the middle of the pitch.
Fer red card on 08:27 - Jan 7 with 2649 viewsjack247

Fer red card on 00:59 - Jan 7 by Dewi1jack

Correct.
But refs will mostly look for an opportunity to even a game out so as it's 10 v 10.

Exclude Dean from that as he still must be sure it was us that coined him and the vermin medics glued him back together.

Hint.
If it had of been us Dean, we'd have used breezeblocks or bars from the crush barriers

Yes, but you may as well send him off for taking a corner or being offside as that. Refs looking to even up a game can give reds for yellow card challenges, like the Sanchez one should have been against Spurs, they can’t for technical fouls when there is a break on, but no clear scoring opportunity.

That was pathetic refereeing. Particularly when the red on Dyer wasn’t even debatable.
Fer red card on 08:47 - Jan 7 with 2612 viewstrampie

Fer red card on 08:27 - Jan 7 by jack247

Yes, but you may as well send him off for taking a corner or being offside as that. Refs looking to even up a game can give reds for yellow card challenges, like the Sanchez one should have been against Spurs, they can’t for technical fouls when there is a break on, but no clear scoring opportunity.

That was pathetic refereeing. Particularly when the red on Dyer wasn’t even debatable.

It's an English ref thing, it's what they do to further their careers, it's what the football authorities want them to do.
They are career refs and don't want to adversely effect the chances of the big team/home team/favoured team, if they have to send off or award a pen against the favoured team they will look to even it up although under the rules of the game it should be the favoured team only that should be handicapped.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Fer red card on 09:20 - Jan 7 with 2528 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Could be argued he was so far away from the opponent that he just kicked his legs. That far from halfway line Fer had plenty of time to put a sprint in and catch the opponent who has the ball at his feet. But Fer is just too lazy and stupid to be a midfield player.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Fer red card on 09:24 - Jan 7 with 2507 viewsoldcob

I can't believe there are so called Swansea City supporters on here trying to justify the red card.
Fer red card on 09:26 - Jan 7 with 2497 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I can't believe there are actually Swansea supporters trying to defend Fer who probably cost us the WIN with his lazy attitude and stupid action.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Fer red card on 09:59 - Jan 7 with 2404 viewsjack247

Fer red card on 09:26 - Jan 7 by felixstowe_jack

I can't believe there are actually Swansea supporters trying to defend Fer who probably cost us the WIN with his lazy attitude and stupid action.

I’m not defending Fer at all. Professional fouls and taking a yellow for the team are part of the game, but he didn’t necessarily have to do it there and it does look like there was a bit of petulance.

It’s not a red card in a million years though. The ref is far more at fault than Fer is.
Fer red card on 10:03 - Jan 7 with 2380 viewsBloodyhills

He didn't deserve a red card because it's not a red card offence. He deserved a yellow for his laziness/stupidity.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Fer red card on 10:06 - Jan 7 with 2366 viewsjack247

Fer red card on 10:03 - Jan 7 by Bloodyhills

He didn't deserve a red card because it's not a red card offence. He deserved a yellow for his laziness/stupidity.

It’s a nailed on yellow. Not booking him would have been as ridiculous as sending him off. There is no room for interpretation on this one, it’s a textbook professional foul.
Fer red card on 10:11 - Jan 7 with 2349 viewsnantywatcher

When Leon BRITTON deliberately trips someone then it's a professional footballer showing his class and commitment.
When Leroy FER deliberately trips someone then it's stupidity.
More PS bigotry to the fore!
Fer red card on 10:12 - Jan 7 with 2345 viewsDewi1jack

Fer red card on 10:03 - Jan 7 by Bloodyhills

No.
He was IMHO unfairly red carded for his stupidity. From the stands it looked like it should have been a yellow
He deserves a kick up the arze for his laziness
And being fined as much as the club can.
Taking cash away from players seems the only way to teach them/ wake them up.
Same as Naughton needs for his stupidity as well.

Would it be worth appealing the red as it should of been a yellow?
Or would that just be seen as a frivolous appeal and mean we, as a paper thin squad that needs everyone we can get, loses him for another game.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Fer red card on 10:14 - Jan 7 with 2341 viewsNewhousemustscore

In terms of consistency I'd love to know why, on Friday, Everton's Holgate can push a player over the advertising hoardings & into the crowd, scream in the face & put his hands on the referee & not even get booked, but Fer's trip on a player in his own half is deemed a straight red.
Fer red card on 10:15 - Jan 7 with 2333 viewsMattG

Fer red card on 10:12 - Jan 7 by Dewi1jack

No.
He was IMHO unfairly red carded for his stupidity. From the stands it looked like it should have been a yellow
He deserves a kick up the arze for his laziness
And being fined as much as the club can.
Taking cash away from players seems the only way to teach them/ wake them up.
Same as Naughton needs for his stupidity as well.

Would it be worth appealing the red as it should of been a yellow?
Or would that just be seen as a frivolous appeal and mean we, as a paper thin squad that needs everyone we can get, loses him for another game.

We should definitely appeal, IMO - firstly, it should never have been a red but also, with everything that has been in the press recently about inconsistent refereeing, there may be a desire on the part of the FA to prove that there is no conspiracy against us.

I believe Anthony Taylor read more into the incident than there was because of Fer initially demanding a free kick after having been muscled off the ball. When he didn't get that, he tripped the man - he didn't kick him up in the air or put him at risk, he tripped him, that's all.
Fer red card on 10:18 - Jan 7 with 2322 viewsBloodyhills

Fer red card on 10:06 - Jan 7 by jack247

It’s a nailed on yellow. Not booking him would have been as ridiculous as sending him off. There is no room for interpretation on this one, it’s a textbook professional foul.

I agree, it should have been a yellow card.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Fer red card on 10:19 - Jan 7 with 2319 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fer red card on 10:14 - Jan 7 by Newhousemustscore

In terms of consistency I'd love to know why, on Friday, Everton's Holgate can push a player over the advertising hoardings & into the crowd, scream in the face & put his hands on the referee & not even get booked, but Fer's trip on a player in his own half is deemed a straight red.

That's one hell of a contextual post. Have an up arrow.
Highlights perfectly the corrupt nature of the system these days.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024