Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Same Club different Grounds visited 21:16 - Jan 7 with 4952 viewsbonymine

Just thinking about the different away grounds I’ve watched the Swans play at over the years against the same Club ;

Scum Onion Park & CCS
Newport Somerton Park & Yspytty Park ? (Now at Rodney Parade)
Bristol Rovers Eastville Twerton Park & Memorial Ground
Man City Maine Road & Etihad
Arsenal Highbury & Emirates
Spurs WHL & Wembley
Reading Elm Park & Madjeski Stadium
Stoke Victoria Ground & Bet365/Britannia or whatever it’s called this season !

Lots more out there let’s have ‘em ...???

Edit ; Bournemouth Dean Court & Vitality Stadium
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 21:17]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Same Club different Grounds visited on 23:42 - Jan 8 with 1247 viewsTNT

Not sure if Scunthorpe has been mentioned. Saw us win 1-2 at The Old Show Ground in Division Four in '87, and a few games at Glanford Park since.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Same Club different Grounds visited on 00:19 - Jan 9 with 1241 viewsLoyal

I supoose newpert county ?
One of the lads has seen them at 5 home grounds since they folded. I think that must include their original old ground.
I've been to two of them.

Haven't brighton had three home grounds over the last 20 years ?

Ive seen Fulham at two home grounds. But not playing the swans. That was worth it because I had a smashing bell slurp after one game.

There's others I know.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Same Club different Grounds visited on 19:53 - Jan 9 with 1168 viewsAl_Bundy

Same Club different Grounds visited on 00:19 - Jan 9 by Loyal

I supoose newpert county ?
One of the lads has seen them at 5 home grounds since they folded. I think that must include their original old ground.
I've been to two of them.

Haven't brighton had three home grounds over the last 20 years ?

Ive seen Fulham at two home grounds. But not playing the swans. That was worth it because I had a smashing bell slurp after one game.

There's others I know.

Think Brighton have had 5 grounds where they have played

Ammex
Withdean
Goldstone
Preistfield Stadium

I think they also had a stint at either Palace or Charlton for a while.
Same Club different Grounds visited on 13:49 - Jan 10 with 1135 viewsLibertarian

Same Club different Grounds visited on 19:53 - Jan 9 by Al_Bundy

Think Brighton have had 5 grounds where they have played

Ammex
Withdean
Goldstone
Preistfield Stadium

I think they also had a stint at either Palace or Charlton for a while.

I remember they shared at Gillingham for a while. Palace would have been a lot easier, but rivals and all that.

How do people view Wimbledon, MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon? Same club, 2 different clubs (MK taking over from Wimbledon) or 3 different clubs?

I treat them as 3 clubs, with AFC taking the moral high ground
Same Club different Grounds visited on 15:58 - Jan 10 with 1111 viewssquarebear

No one mentioned Huddersfield yet? You’re all too young, obviously :)
Same Club different Grounds visited on 19:16 - Jan 10 with 1074 views3swan

Same Club different Grounds visited on 15:58 - Jan 10 by squarebear

Maybe around 45 years ago either first match of the season or first away game. We played in red & green striped shirts
Same Club different Grounds visited on 19:27 - Jan 10 with 1067 viewsbonymine

Same Club different Grounds visited on 21:16 - Jan 8 by Al_Bundy

My favourite was the baseball ground. We played there on a bank holiday where we housed in an upper tier of sorts. When we scored we all jumped down onto a empty terrace. Derby fans were really loud.

Walsall had a 8 step terrace behind the goal but no fence as such but the home end was huge.

Wigan had a grass bank when we were there it had a lot of snow and sleet which made it a mud bath.

Colchester always seem to be on a Friday evening when the squaddies were out in force.

Remember an opening game of the season at Bristol Rovers which was played at Bath City's ground which all got a bit nasty.

Midweek game at Darlington housed on the side of the pitch when Steve Watkin scored a couple - great hospitality.

Special train to Newport (Somerton Pk) when there was also a segregated Cardiff section.

Preston's away terrace is my best memory - the new ground is quite sterile but Bodde goal there made it all worth while.

Bolton's ground was also a a run the gauntlet from the station with their main fans housed next to the corner away end. Remember Ray McHale putting in a shift there that would today's players to shame.

Oxford in a midweek cup game where we got trounced all penned in.

The infamous opener at the Old Den was the only game I couldn't risk the away end living local to the ground... carnage all day

Reading's Elm Park when we pushing promotion when 3K turned up and the game kept getting stopped with fighting in the home end.

West Ham in the cup at Upton Pk couldn't ge tickets in the Swansea end but did in the home end and when we scored pockets of Jacks all celebrated.. I was ejected in the 88 min.

Doncaster's Belle Vue was a great ground but on a par with the vetch for facilities. Our 0-4 win up there on a Friday night is up there with one of my best matches.

Just a few great memories - all lower league when a day out was right up there wherever you went supporting the Swans.

Can’t believe I left out Preston as I thought Deepdale hadn’t changed apart from ‘an upgrade’ but maybe I’m wrong ?

Will never forget that day in May 1981 crammed in like sardines behind the goal what a day that was then me & a couple of mates decided to do a rather ‘random’ midweek overnighter to PNE a few year back .....what a sight to behold as Ferrie’s unbelievable strike flew into the net right in front of us in the away end !!!

Unforgettable memories, it’s just a crying shame that we’re now experiencing very contrasting memories from the opposite end of the ‘enjoyment scale’.

And to rub salt into the wounds it’s down to ‘our own‘ ‘By the Fans For the Fans’ Sellouts to blame for where we now find ourselves .......

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Same Club different Grounds visited on 19:41 - Jan 10 with 1063 views3swan

Same Club different Grounds visited on 19:27 - Jan 10 by bonymine

Can’t believe I left out Preston as I thought Deepdale hadn’t changed apart from ‘an upgrade’ but maybe I’m wrong ?

Will never forget that day in May 1981 crammed in like sardines behind the goal what a day that was then me & a couple of mates decided to do a rather ‘random’ midweek overnighter to PNE a few year back .....what a sight to behold as Ferrie’s unbelievable strike flew into the net right in front of us in the away end !!!

Unforgettable memories, it’s just a crying shame that we’re now experiencing very contrasting memories from the opposite end of the ‘enjoyment scale’.

And to rub salt into the wounds it’s down to ‘our own‘ ‘By the Fans For the Fans’ Sellouts to blame for where we now find ourselves .......

Like you said what a day.

Not a new ground though it is an upgrade on the same site
Login to get fewer ads

Same Club different Grounds visited on 19:49 - Jan 10 with 1052 viewsCooperman

Had an afternoon with the auditors - boo.

Got him on to the subject of football - yay.

Massive Villa fan. Has 370 away games under his belt spread over 114 grounds. Considerably greater than my 43 grounds.

Zero non conformance recorded - result.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Same Club different Grounds visited on 19:59 - Jan 10 with 1045 viewsbonymine

Same Club different Grounds visited on 19:49 - Jan 10 by Cooperman

Had an afternoon with the auditors - boo.

Got him on to the subject of football - yay.

Massive Villa fan. Has 370 away games under his belt spread over 114 grounds. Considerably greater than my 43 grounds.

Zero non conformance recorded - result.

Phuk how old is he about 105 or what ? 😂😂😂

I guess he never got married ? (Sensible chap 😉) !!

Same Club different Grounds visited on 20:04 - Jan 10 with 1040 viewsCooperman

Same Club different Grounds visited on 19:59 - Jan 10 by bonymine

Phuk how old is he about 105 or what ? 😂😂😂

I guess he never got married ? (Sensible chap 😉) !!

He takes it to a level beyond anything that I would remotely consider; does things like youth team away games. Good effort doing 114 grounds though.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Same Club different Grounds visited on 22:55 - Jan 10 with 1007 viewsbonymine

Same Club different Grounds visited on 21:16 - Jan 8 by Al_Bundy

My favourite was the baseball ground. We played there on a bank holiday where we housed in an upper tier of sorts. When we scored we all jumped down onto a empty terrace. Derby fans were really loud.

Walsall had a 8 step terrace behind the goal but no fence as such but the home end was huge.

Wigan had a grass bank when we were there it had a lot of snow and sleet which made it a mud bath.

Colchester always seem to be on a Friday evening when the squaddies were out in force.

Remember an opening game of the season at Bristol Rovers which was played at Bath City's ground which all got a bit nasty.

Midweek game at Darlington housed on the side of the pitch when Steve Watkin scored a couple - great hospitality.

Special train to Newport (Somerton Pk) when there was also a segregated Cardiff section.

Preston's away terrace is my best memory - the new ground is quite sterile but Bodde goal there made it all worth while.

Bolton's ground was also a a run the gauntlet from the station with their main fans housed next to the corner away end. Remember Ray McHale putting in a shift there that would today's players to shame.

Oxford in a midweek cup game where we got trounced all penned in.

The infamous opener at the Old Den was the only game I couldn't risk the away end living local to the ground... carnage all day

Reading's Elm Park when we pushing promotion when 3K turned up and the game kept getting stopped with fighting in the home end.

West Ham in the cup at Upton Pk couldn't ge tickets in the Swansea end but did in the home end and when we scored pockets of Jacks all celebrated.. I was ejected in the 88 min.

Doncaster's Belle Vue was a great ground but on a par with the vetch for facilities. Our 0-4 win up there on a Friday night is up there with one of my best matches.

Just a few great memories - all lower league when a day out was right up there wherever you went supporting the Swans.

Al I feel breathless just reading all that history in one go ......👍 😂

Fantastic memories and anecdotes, never to be repeated and safely stored in the memory bank for life !!!

Happy Days indeed, sadly so far removed from today’s ‘plastic’ Swansea City experience .....

Same Club different Grounds visited on 22:59 - Jan 10 with 1005 viewsTNT

Same Club different Grounds visited on 19:16 - Jan 10 by 3swan

Maybe around 45 years ago either first match of the season or first away game. We played in red & green striped shirts

Saw us beat Torquay away, Division 4 in '78, when we wore the red & green striped shirts.

Same Club different Grounds visited on 10:11 - Jan 11 with 973 viewsoldgrey

I remember going to Elm Park during the late 70s during the Toshack era promotion run.
We beat them 4-0, wearing the bizarre green and red strip.
After the game we went in their supporters club for a beer.
Do they exist these days?
Even stranger, the referee and his linos were in there for a beer as well!
We had a conversation with them about the game and the ref told us that Toshack was moaning at him constantly.
Same Club different Grounds visited on 10:49 - Jan 11 with 967 viewsjackharris

Same Club different Grounds visited on 23:42 - Jan 8 by TNT

Not sure if Scunthorpe has been mentioned. Saw us win 1-2 at The Old Show Ground in Division Four in '87, and a few games at Glanford Park since.

Looking to move again soon to a new stadium are Scunthorpe...

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Same Club different Grounds visited on 23:19 - Jan 11 with 904 viewsTNT

Same Club different Grounds visited on 10:49 - Jan 11 by jackharris

Looking to move again soon to a new stadium are Scunthorpe...

Is that a record for a club moving from one (permanent) ground to another?

Same Club different Grounds visited on 23:22 - Jan 11 with 902 viewsTNT

Same Club different Grounds visited on 18:33 - Jan 8 by 1983

The Jewson stand had 321 seats if I remember rightly it was nick named the Ted Rogers stand

Probably a dusty bin there, too.

Same Club different Grounds visited on 23:28 - Jan 11 with 899 viewsTNT

Same Club different Grounds visited on 15:58 - Jan 10 by squarebear

Saw us lose 1-0 at Leeds Road in '83. Think Emlyn Hughes was brought in to shore up the defence... and scored the winner... for them. Went to The McAlpine in '95.

Same Club different Grounds visited on 00:12 - Jan 12 with 893 viewsmikecranleigh

Brighton at Gillingham too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024