Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Swansea City transfers thread 13:19 - Jan 8 with 82843 viewsLoyal

Date line : January 8th 2018.
Nil.

But asset stripping is ongoing.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Swansea City transfers thread on 20:27 - Jan 19 with 5309 viewsWingstandwood

The Swansea City transfers thread on 20:20 - Jan 19 by MattG

That's probably where the extra £10m is coming from.

It's going to be an interesting few days. I'm just rather cynical with these Yanks and Jenkins. I would not be surprised if they sell Mawson and use that money to fund ALL the clubs transfer window outgoings and still try to keep the last transfer window profits locked for a dividend-payout-profiteering initiative............We'll see?????

Argus!

The Swansea City transfers thread on 20:35 - Jan 19 with 5263 viewsmonmouth

The Swansea City transfers thread on 20:27 - Jan 19 by Wingstandwood

It's going to be an interesting few days. I'm just rather cynical with these Yanks and Jenkins. I would not be surprised if they sell Mawson and use that money to fund ALL the clubs transfer window outgoings and still try to keep the last transfer window profits locked for a dividend-payout-profiteering initiative............We'll see?????

I think we need a sticky that says a) They cannot put their own money in without loaning it at significant return secured on assets or purchasing new shares. There is no free money and b) There will be no dividend payments whilst the Trust owns a significant % of the club and that is for the foreseeable future even if there were legal action (and anyway if the Trust won there'd be not much dosh left for divis).

Each transfer in costs probably 1.5x or 2x as much as the headline figure with agents fees, signing on etc; each transfer out you get less after laughable loyalty bonuses and probably agents fees.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Swansea City transfers thread on 20:43 - Jan 19 with 5230 viewsbonymine

Meanwhile ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42755312

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Swansea City transfers thread on 20:47 - Jan 19 with 5206 viewsmonmouth

The Swansea City transfers thread on 20:43 - Jan 19 by bonymine

Meanwhile ......

He'll be shit. Nailed on. They should have had Baston off us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Swansea City transfers thread on 20:57 - Jan 19 with 5165 viewsmax936

The Swansea City transfers thread on 20:43 - Jan 19 by bonymine

Meanwhile ......

Funny on how the likes of Brighton can get deals over the line, yet we can't we've been in the Prem for nearly 7yrs they've just come up and are not that far ahead of us.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Swansea City transfers thread on 21:00 - Jan 19 with 5163 viewsbonymine

The Swansea City transfers thread on 20:47 - Jan 19 by monmouth

He'll be shit. Nailed on. They should have had Baston off us.

I saw him score THAT goal at Arsenal so I won’t have a bad word said against him 😉😂....
Mind you I had a pin badge back in the 70’s which said ‘I saw Gary Moore score ‘ ....
Anybody else remember that ?

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Swansea City transfers thread on 21:09 - Jan 19 with 5132 viewsjasper_T

The Swansea City transfers thread on 20:57 - Jan 19 by max936

Funny on how the likes of Brighton can get deals over the line, yet we can't we've been in the Prem for nearly 7yrs they've just come up and are not that far ahead of us.

They've got the luxury of having a Championship wage bill and money to burn to try to stay up.

We've spent too much on £40k/week dross to be as cavalier with more signings.
The Swansea City transfers thread on 21:17 - Jan 19 with 5112 viewsJango

You may be right but at them moment I’d rather us take a few extra days signing a Gaitan and ayew over someone I’ve never heard of. We are not in a position to gamble on people who have had a good half season. If we sign neither and end up with a few donkeys then I apologise in advance.
Login to get fewer ads

The Swansea City transfers thread on 21:20 - Jan 19 with 5095 viewsmax936

The Swansea City transfers thread on 21:17 - Jan 19 by Jango

You may be right but at them moment I’d rather us take a few extra days signing a Gaitan and ayew over someone I’ve never heard of. We are not in a position to gamble on people who have had a good half season. If we sign neither and end up with a few donkeys then I apologise in advance.

My real point is, that we seem to take twice maybe three times as long to get players in than other clubs similar to us and its still the case after nearly 7 yrs in the Premier League.

The Swansea City transfers thread on 15:19 - Jan 20 with 4774 viewsSwansea93

Don't follow At Madrid but had a look at their team today, no Gaitan in the squad but Gameiro on the bench.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Swansea City transfers thread on 17:11 - Jan 20 with 4578 viewsAmbergambler

The Swansea City transfers thread on 21:20 - Jan 19 by max936

My real point is, that we seem to take twice maybe three times as long to get players in than other clubs similar to us and its still the case after nearly 7 yrs in the Premier League.

In an interview in the Mail today Carvalhal talks about the difficulties of the transfer window - 'But all of us at the club expect at least one player in the last days (of January).

Too little, too late
The Swansea City transfers thread on 17:14 - Jan 20 with 4558 viewsFireboy2

The Swansea City transfers thread on 17:11 - Jan 20 by Ambergambler

In an interview in the Mail today Carvalhal talks about the difficulties of the transfer window - 'But all of us at the club expect at least one player in the last days (of January).

Too little, too late

1 token player

Yeah thats gonna help
The Swansea City transfers thread on 17:17 - Jan 20 with 4543 viewsmagicdaps10

Heads need to be hung in shame, these players should have been sourced in the summer window. Was obvious for all to see that a Right Back and Creative Midfielder was desperately needed.

They gambled on it, a gamble to see them bank between 20-30M in profit to give to their so called investors.

We deserve everything coming our way.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Swansea City transfers thread on 17:29 - Jan 20 with 4490 viewsWingstandwood

The Swansea City transfers thread on 17:17 - Jan 20 by magicdaps10

Heads need to be hung in shame, these players should have been sourced in the summer window. Was obvious for all to see that a Right Back and Creative Midfielder was desperately needed.

They gambled on it, a gamble to see them bank between 20-30M in profit to give to their so called investors.

We deserve everything coming our way.

Yep, too late in the day, should have signed desperately required players of creativity, pace and goals. The clubs current 'relegation' postion is a barricade and road block to player-transfer recruitment.

Priority No 1......Profits and dividends from last transfer window to keep Jenkins, Morgan, The 27-hedge fund, Jase and Steve happy, that is what came first and why the team is now last.

Argus!

The Swansea City transfers thread on 17:38 - Jan 20 with 4453 viewsPawelAbbott

Clement was making noises about meetings over recruiting new players back in September.
We were told time and time again that it was all under way throughout the autumn.
Now, 20 days in to the transfer window and nothing. It's a mix of the same old names and some wishful thinking.
If we sign no one Then this has to go down as their all time worst case of total mismanagement.
N/A. on 01:14 - Jan 21 with 4224 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 5:44]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

The Swansea City transfers thread on 06:32 - Jan 21 with 4138 viewsclloy2

Not really. They have a local billionaire owner, also a lifelong fan, who has already invested close to £200m of his own money into the club.
The Swansea City transfers thread on 08:19 - Jan 21 with 4036 viewsPawelAbbott

N/A. on 01:14 - Jan 21 by Huw57

N/A.

If Yiadom comes in this week then the Trust MUST call for Jenkins' dismissal!!
It will have taken 3 weeks to sign the player we tried to do a deal with in August. 3 games with no recognised right back and we end up with the same player that they have talked about for 6 months, 3 weeks later than we could have done.
The Swansea City transfers thread on 08:27 - Jan 21 with 4019 views34dfgdf54

CC thinks we can stay up without signings....

Here we go.. it’s started
The Swansea City transfers thread on 09:02 - Jan 21 with 3942 viewsWarwickHunt

N/A.

Any sign of Adomah? Emnes?
The Swansea City transfers thread on 09:06 - Jan 21 with 3933 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Swansea City transfers thread on 08:19 - Jan 21 by PawelAbbott

If Yiadom comes in this week then the Trust MUST call for Jenkins' dismissal!!
It will have taken 3 weeks to sign the player we tried to do a deal with in August. 3 games with no recognised right back and we end up with the same player that they have talked about for 6 months, 3 weeks later than we could have done.

The Trust called for Jenkins’ dismissal on December 31st.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Swansea City transfers thread on 13:59 - Jan 21 with 3725 viewsmax936

N/A.

The hunt for Lobsters has failed so we're back in for the Sardines.

The Swansea City transfers thread on 14:07 - Jan 21 with 3706 viewsEU5Makaveli

According to Alan Nixon we’re pushing for Ayew, and could be willing to pay over £15 million for him.
The Swansea City transfers thread on 14:18 - Jan 21 with 3677 views34dfgdf54

The Swansea City transfers thread on 14:07 - Jan 21 by EU5Makaveli

According to Alan Nixon we’re pushing for Ayew, and could be willing to pay over £15 million for him.

Just seen that, “close to £20mill”

If it happens it will only be him and Yiadom coming through the door I assume. Still desperate for a 10 unless they are going to play Ayew there.

Edit - not sure how reliable he is, but he’s saying Gaitan on loan is a possibility, but wages are huge. Would that mean Tammy or Sanches to go back?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 14:22]
The Swansea City transfers thread on 14:22 - Jan 21 with 3655 viewsmax936

The Swansea City transfers thread on 14:18 - Jan 21 by 34dfgdf54

Just seen that, “close to £20mill”

If it happens it will only be him and Yiadom coming through the door I assume. Still desperate for a 10 unless they are going to play Ayew there.

Edit - not sure how reliable he is, but he’s saying Gaitan on loan is a possibility, but wages are huge. Would that mean Tammy or Sanches to go back?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 14:22]

Ayew has apparently stated that he doesn't want to return here, it was said on SSN's other day.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024