Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr 12:09 - Jan 9 with 22822 viewsoldgrey

Went to get my Wolves ticket this morning.
Cash sale.
Was overjoyed to see a £2.50 booking fee added.
Apparently since 3 January.
The man did tell me that credit card fees stop from the 13 January.
Are these robbin' Americans reduced to this type of money making scam now?
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 15:26 - Jan 9 with 2732 viewsmonmouth

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 15:03 - Jan 9 by Jack_Kass

In a nutshell the goverment banned businesses from charging people for using their credit cards.

So now businesses have just moved that fee to a undescribed 'service charge', to make up the short fall, for any order, including those paid by cash

I think.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 15:04]

Yes, seems a straightforward transfer onto non credit card purchases because they can no longer recover credit card merchant fees (and a bit of profit) from those who actually use credit cards.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 15:28 - Jan 9 with 2727 viewslonglostjack

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 15:04 - Jan 9 by Landore_Jack

Orders placed by phone or in person will incur a £2.50 fee per ticket.

Orders placed online will incur a £1.60 fee per ticket, with a further charge of £1.25 per transaction if opting to print at home. International orders will have the option of postage at £5 per transaction.

On a £35 flight ticket the much maligned Ryanair would charge a booking fee of 90 pence. SCFC charge £2.85.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 17:02 - Jan 9 with 2618 viewsBarrySwan

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 13:18 - Jan 9 by yescomeon

Careful about asking the trust to get involved, it might distract them from more important matters.

Yup..... get the trust involved on current form and you'll probably end up paying double the booking fee and a monthly standing order committing you to help fund a stadium extension.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 17:09 - Jan 9 with 2610 viewsairedale

I wonder if it would be possible to make a complaint to Trading Standards? If you’re going in there to buy a ticket, then surely the booking is made automatically because the bloody seat number is on the ticket. They seem to be charging for a service that they are not providing.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 17:27 - Jan 9 with 2573 viewsjack2jack

P!ss poor fair play!
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 17:27 - Jan 9 with 2572 viewsoldgrey

Which is my point. I assume that prior to this charge, ticketmaster were already getting paid for this "service" out of the original ticket face value price. So with the addition of this extra charge, they are either getting paid double for effectively doing furk all, or someone associated with the club is trousering a portion of it.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 17:32 - Jan 9 with 2557 viewsOldjack

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 17:27 - Jan 9 by oldgrey

Which is my point. I assume that prior to this charge, ticketmaster were already getting paid for this "service" out of the original ticket face value price. So with the addition of this extra charge, they are either getting paid double for effectively doing furk all, or someone associated with the club is trousering a portion of it.

Trading Standards? give them a ring

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 18:53 - Jan 9 with 2494 viewsgazza_1234

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 17:32 - Jan 9 by Oldjack

Trading Standards? give them a ring

Standard practice on the high street now. It's just hidden in the price of goods which have gone up in the last week.
Login to get fewer ads

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 18:56 - Jan 9 with 2486 viewsswanseacityx

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 18:53 - Jan 9 by gazza_1234

Standard practice on the high street now. It's just hidden in the price of goods which have gone up in the last week.

Booking fees been the norm for a long time dont act all outraged like little girls.....

Its a booking fee not a postage fee.

Pay it

Man up.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:00 - Jan 9 with 2483 viewsChief

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 18:56 - Jan 9 by swanseacityx

Booking fees been the norm for a long time dont act all outraged like little girls.....

Pay it

Man up.

Is there anything you actually agree with the majority of Swans fans over? Doesnt seem to much common ground between you and anyone on here

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:02 - Jan 9 with 2480 viewsOldjack

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 18:56 - Jan 9 by swanseacityx

Pay it

Man up.

and who the fuk are you ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:12 - Jan 9 with 2459 viewsderijack

Just eat have been criticised for similar

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42621989

It seems they are getting around card charge legislation by adding a service charge for everyone.

Isn’t your sale price meant to include all of your costs by default? It’s all a con to make an extra 10 percent on the sly

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:17 - Jan 9 with 2445 viewsswanseacityx

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:00 - Jan 9 by Chief

Is there anything you actually agree with the majority of Swans fans over? Doesnt seem to much common ground between you and anyone on here

Im a man with class. Not a moaning windbag.

Pay the charge and man up.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:25 - Jan 9 with 2425 viewsexiledclaseboy

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 15:03 - Jan 9 by Jack_Kass

In a nutshell the goverment banned businesses from charging people for using their credit cards.

So now businesses have just moved that fee to a undescribed 'service charge', to make up the short fall, for any order, including those paid by cash

I think.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 15:04]

Pretty much - the legislation banning surcharges for personal credit cards actually originated from the EU. The government is now transposing it into domestic legislation. Takes effect from 13 January. I don’t believe for a minute that these swingeing increases only cover the revenue lost from the credit card fee though.

Poll: Tory leader

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:35 - Jan 9 with 2385 viewsTenbySwan

Trading Standards can do nothing.

The Club have advertised their charges, we take our choice , we either pay it or we don't. A 'booking fee ' is legal.

What is no longer legal is to charge people more for using credit cards. What the club then decided to do is charge everyone including cash and debit card payers £2.50 or £1.60 per ticket and for 4 tickets bought for cash that would be an extra £10 which is scandalous.

It would cost pennies to print the tickets and nothing to process for cash or debit cards. CC fees with PayPal which is much more expensive than big commercial deals cost 20p a transaction plus 3.4% so buying 2 adults and 2 child tickets would incur a booking fee of £10 but the actual fee from the card company would be £1.28 (at maximum paypal fees) but the club would have a much better fee deal in place. And don't forget if paying by cash there wouldn't be any fees!

The club are taking the fans for granted and the only thing to do if you don't agree don't buy. No other action will affect the money grabbing so and sos.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:35 - Jan 9 with 2385 viewsairedale

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 18:53 - Jan 9 by gazza_1234

So if I go into Tesco and buy some grapes gazza, you’re telling me that the price includes a booking fee?
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:45 - Jan 9 with 2360 viewsTenbySwan

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:35 - Jan 9 by airedale

So if I go into Tesco and buy some grapes gazza, you’re telling me that the price includes a booking fee?

Tesco don't charge a booking fee. They know they wouldn't get away with it as ppl would go to Asda or Morrisons if they did.

The Liberty charge a booking fee as there is no alternative other than not buying the ticket. Fans are not going to go and watch Cardiff and the club are playing on that and abusing the fans loyalty.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:55 - Jan 9 with 2332 viewsChief

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:17 - Jan 9 by swanseacityx

Im a man with class. Not a moaning windbag.

Pay the charge and man up.

I do find it peculiar that you seem to acxeot where we are at the bottom of the league and meekly accept obvious injustices such ad this ridiculous tax, yet you have the gumption to come on here and disagree with everyone over everything. So there is obviously some fight in you....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:58 - Jan 9 with 2328 viewsPacemaker

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 14:54 - Jan 9 by Jack_Kass

They're still charging £2.50 to print your ticket FROM YOUR OWN FECKIN PRINTER

Where did you see this. I was just charged £1.60 and that was it.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:04 - Jan 9 with 2308 viewsairedale

In the 1970s they started effin about with the price of sugar, so the women (who used to do the shopping back then), stopped buying it.

Guess what happened.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:05 - Jan 9 with 2304 viewsexiledclaseboy

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:58 - Jan 9 by Pacemaker

Where did you see this. I was just charged £1.60 and that was it.

According to the website the booking fee is £1.60 per ticket if you buy online plus an extra £1.25 per transaction for home printing.

So four tickets at £20 each if you buy online print them at home will set you back £87.65. The club gets an extra £7,65 without actually having to do anything.

If you buy the same four tickets over the phone or in person at the ticket office £80 worth of tickets will actually cost you £90.

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:08 - Jan 9 with 2294 viewsJackfath

The should put the price of tickets up. Then when you buy them online you get a discount in the shop which is the same as the amount they put they tickets up. Or give you cash back. People would love it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:09 - Jan 9 with 2289 viewsjack2jack

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:05 - Jan 9 by exiledclaseboy

According to the website the booking fee is £1.60 per ticket if you buy online plus an extra £1.25 per transaction for home printing.

So four tickets at £20 each if you buy online print them at home will set you back £87.65. The club gets an extra £7,65 without actually having to do anything.

If you buy the same four tickets over the phone or in person at the ticket office £80 worth of tickets will actually cost you £90.

That's a bit steep init,flipping heck!
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:11 - Jan 9 with 2282 viewsexiledclaseboy

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:09 - Jan 9 by jack2jack

That's a bit steep init,flipping heck!

It’s more than steep, it’s vertical.

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:14 - Jan 9 with 2272 viewsOldjack

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:05 - Jan 9 by exiledclaseboy

Don't you mean Ticketmasters get that money ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024