Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr 12:09 - Jan 9 with 22859 viewsoldgrey

Went to get my Wolves ticket this morning.
Cash sale.
Was overjoyed to see a £2.50 booking fee added.
Apparently since 3 January.
The man did tell me that credit card fees stop from the 13 January.
Are these robbin' Americans reduced to this type of money making scam now?
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:18 - Jan 9 with 2726 viewsSkettyJack

Another PR own goal. Very simply they could have put up the basic cost of a ticket next season to absorb the booking fee. None of this rubbish then

Don't suppose the trust had an input in anything like this?
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:19 - Jan 9 with 2726 viewsPacemaker

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:05 - Jan 9 by exiledclaseboy

According to the website the booking fee is £1.60 per ticket if you buy online plus an extra £1.25 per transaction for home printing.

So four tickets at £20 each if you buy online print them at home will set you back £87.65. The club gets an extra £7,65 without actually having to do anything.

If you buy the same four tickets over the phone or in person at the ticket office £80 worth of tickets will actually cost you £90.

I just renewed so obviously didn't think about it, so if I want to buy a Wolves ticket it is £15 plus £1.60 & £1.25 printing so a £2.85 booking fee really then.

I appreciate that to many people we are just part of the entertainment business and this is still cheaper than a west end show but the club must be realising that for many people this is a lot of money. They appear to know the price of everything and the value of nothing. Yet another own goal by the club.

I usually buy my cup tickets at the ticket office early on match day without thinking about it but I have to say these charges are a disgrace. I have no doubt they can now cut staff at the ticket office and contact centre as we will all be buying online so save themselves a bit extra there and still scalp us online.

I also think that the club are being somewhat disingenuous by trumpeting that the booking fee for 83% of purchasers will be cheaper following these changes why can't I just download it to my phone at no cost then?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:19 - Jan 9 with 2722 viewsexiledclaseboy

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:14 - Jan 9 by Oldjack

Don't you mean Ticketmasters get that money ?

I’ve no idea what the contractual arrangement between the club and ticketmaster is.

Poll: Tory leader

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:21 - Jan 9 with 2715 viewswestside

Buy train tickets on GWR website and no booking fee and they post them out for free as well
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:36 - Jan 9 with 2684 viewsOldjack

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:19 - Jan 9 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve no idea what the contractual arrangement between the club and ticketmaster is.

it seems all theses ticket touts are on the make, so i'd say it was ticketmaster

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:59 - Jan 9 with 2631 viewsCroftyjack

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 19:35 - Jan 9 by TenbySwan

Trading Standards can do nothing.

The Club have advertised their charges, we take our choice , we either pay it or we don't. A 'booking fee ' is legal.

What is no longer legal is to charge people more for using credit cards. What the club then decided to do is charge everyone including cash and debit card payers £2.50 or £1.60 per ticket and for 4 tickets bought for cash that would be an extra £10 which is scandalous.

It would cost pennies to print the tickets and nothing to process for cash or debit cards. CC fees with PayPal which is much more expensive than big commercial deals cost 20p a transaction plus 3.4% so buying 2 adults and 2 child tickets would incur a booking fee of £10 but the actual fee from the card company would be £1.28 (at maximum paypal fees) but the club would have a much better fee deal in place. And don't forget if paying by cash there wouldn't be any fees!

The club are taking the fans for granted and the only thing to do if you don't agree don't buy. No other action will affect the money grabbing so and sos.

So am I right in suggesting that if from Jan 13 you pay by credit card and only pay the cost price.
If so then I would do that as you are also protected more by doing so.
Silver lining surely.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 21:04 - Jan 9 with 2610 viewslonglostjack

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:21 - Jan 9 by westside

Buy train tickets on GWR website and no booking fee and they post them out for free as well

There's no charge for a replacement credit card either. It seems you have to pay £ 20 to replace a lost Season ticket.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 21:11 - Jan 9 with 2581 viewsexiledclaseboy

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 20:59 - Jan 9 by Croftyjack

So am I right in suggesting that if from Jan 13 you pay by credit card and only pay the cost price.
If so then I would do that as you are also protected more by doing so.
Silver lining surely.

Doesn’t matter what payment method you use to buy tickets, you’re still paying the booking fee.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 21:13 - Jan 9 with 2567 viewspontyjack

They are still charging the 2% credit card fee as well - milking it for all it’s worth until 13 Jan presumably.

You can get your tickets posted to you for free, but have to pay £1.25 to print your own - just doesn’t make sense.

So to minimise cost:

buy online
select post or collect
pay by debit card
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 22:42 - Jan 9 with 2451 viewsairedale

About 10 years ago, I was involved with a small business interested in employing CNP ( Cardholder not present) technology, whereby they could accept card payments over the phone. At the time the card companies charged £0.26p for a debit card transaction, and 2.7% charge for credit cards.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 23:18 - Jan 9 with 2416 viewsLoyal

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 12:30 - Jan 9 by Oldjack

it's a money making racket ,but what can you do ?

Dont buy a ticket as it will never sell out for this game.
Buy one on a walk up. I'm assuming you can still do that.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 23:46 - Jan 9 with 2399 viewsairedale

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 23:18 - Jan 9 by Loyal

Yep, and if they say plus £2.50, then leg it over to the Coops.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 23:46 - Jan 9 with 2398 viewsgrampajack

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 23:18 - Jan 9 by Loyal

yes but it still costs you an extra £2.50 !!!!
You hear about a 'service economy'. Welcome to the reality. No more hidden 'extras' - we'll just charge you 'in the open' for doing nothing extra!
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 01:24 - Jan 10 with 2372 viewsLoyal

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 23:46 - Jan 9 by grampajack

yes but it still costs you an extra £2.50 !!!!
You hear about a 'service economy'. Welcome to the reality. No more hidden 'extras' - we'll just charge you 'in the open' for doing nothing extra!

So a 15 quid ticket is 17.50 no matter how you buy it ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 07:46 - Jan 10 with 2311 viewswestside

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 21:13 - Jan 9 by pontyjack

They are still charging the 2% credit card fee as well - milking it for all it’s worth until 13 Jan presumably.

You can get your tickets posted to you for free, but have to pay £1.25 to print your own - just doesn’t make sense.

So to minimise cost:

buy online
select post or collect
pay by debit card

How many people don't have access to the internet and have no choice other than getting tickets from the ticket office at £2.50 a ticket
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 08:36 - Jan 10 with 2270 viewsMorfa_Same

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 01:24 - Jan 10 by Loyal

So a 15 quid ticket is 17.50 no matter how you buy it ?

Surely someone at the club realised this would be worse PR than just putting the ticket prices up to £17.50?
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 10:07 - Jan 10 with 2196 viewsheadcleaner

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 08:36 - Jan 10 by Morfa_Same

Surely someone at the club realised this would be worse PR than just putting the ticket prices up to £17.50?

The sad thing is there seems to be a whole load of people who just accept it. Oh it's the norm. It's what happens for music concerts etc etc.

Rubbish not everywhere does it some t8cket sites don't charge stealth taxes on tickets. It's such a lame argument to suggest people suck it up and it's only a couple of quid.

If it's £15 a ticket then that's what one should pay. If you want it posted to you then fine add on p&p but don't use it as a way of screwing an extra few quid off fans. Will the apologists still think it's ok when it becomes £5 extra a ticket?
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 10:10 - Jan 10 with 2195 viewsperchrockjack

Whilst Huddersfeild pledging to keep ticket prices and costs to a minimum

We truly are shameful

I pray the Yanks really do sell ASAP as this is simply killing us

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 10:34 - Jan 10 with 2168 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Reduced booking fee for online sales is ideal. I no longer have to pay £3 extra for every away match I go to.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 13:22 - Jan 10 with 2096 viewshomeiswheretrundleis

so if I go to buy a ticket today with cash for say £10 are you saying I will pay £12.50
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 13:49 - Jan 10 with 2056 viewsQJumpingJack

Were the Trust consulted on this in advance?

I saw a post on social media that only Wigan have introduced this fee. Other clubs have not.

Pearlman should make a statement.

And yet again, another PR own goal.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 14:23 - Jan 10 with 2031 viewsTenbySwan

Only one thing will get through to Pearlman etc.

Don't buy the fecking tickets!

Fans have to protest or we will continue to be taken for suckers.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 14:33 - Jan 10 with 2016 viewsQJumpingJack

Pearlman, Levien and Kaplan don't seem to be getting anything right.
Worrying. Very worrying.
Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 14:52 - Jan 10 with 1998 viewslonglostjack

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 14:33 - Jan 10 by QJumpingJack

Pearlman, Levien and Kaplan don't seem to be getting anything right.
Worrying. Very worrying.

This.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 14:54 - Jan 10 with 1997 viewsjasonbromham

Booking Fees Grrrrrrrr on 13:22 - Jan 10 by homeiswheretrundleis

so if I go to buy a ticket today with cash for say £10 are you saying I will pay £12.50

Yes that is correct, robbing us blind!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024