Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women and men within Religion 09:48 - Jan 10 with 4085 viewsperchrockjack

Watched a programme last night on Hasidic Jews .
Like Islam ,strict laws regarding the separation of sexes at all times in public

How does is fit with equality ?

Both Jewish boys and Muslim boys play separately in designated areas.

Not really good preparation for adulthood, in my opinion.

Even in Christianity,women often seen as subservient to the man of the house and the Bible, Quran or Torah seen as the template for living . I well remember my parental grandmother being treated as dirt and being little more than a slave .

I'm not sure religion is the biggest cause of disrespect or contempt towards females and the evidence seems even more pronounced in parts of northern England.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Women and men within Religion on 10:01 - Jan 10 with 2215 viewsexhmrc1

going back to your days in Swansea there were separate boys and girls grammar schools. Gowerton had the same until about 1980. Neath had old boys and girls grammar as well I believe. We didn't have these in the Swansea valley thank god. Both Ystalyfera and Pontardawe Grammar schools were mixed. I never could understand the reasoning for separating the sexes elsewhere.
Women and men within Religion on 10:14 - Jan 10 with 2221 viewsKerouac

"How does is fit with equality ? "

It doesn't...and we shouldn't put up with it.
Anyone who wants to practice their religion in the UK should do so within the laws of the UK.
This would result in more moderate, civilized, British forms of the religion being practiced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Women and men within Religion on 10:20 - Jan 10 with 2214 viewsperchrockjack

Hence my Tongue in cheek phrase

Frankly, it poises me off to see and hear those saying " it's my / our religion " meaning that non believers should respect their religion. Well, no they shouldn't . In fact , religious zealots should be told in no uncertain terms that everyone believes their religion is right . Everyone .

My ol fella is as fundamental as they come. Narrow minded, hypocritical, and utterly intolerant but so are most religious nuts . And people take the pisse pu of Mormons and JW s who are no more nuts than " established" religions . We would be infinately better if if one leader clearly stated that religion has no more right to be respected se who believe in green fairies in Co Laoise.

Women are virtual prisoners in many regions and it's utterly ignored for fear of upsetting PC overlords.

What say you Lisa?

Women and men within Religion on 10:22 - Jan 10 with 2187 viewsexhmrc1

Women and men within Religion on 10:14 - Jan 10 by Kerouac

"How does is fit with equality ? "

It doesn't...and we shouldn't put up with it.
Anyone who wants to practice their religion in the UK should do so within the laws of the UK.
This would result in more moderate, civilized, British forms of the religion being practiced.

one of my biggest beefs is single faith schools whether they be Church of England, Catholic or muslem etc. Surely in todays age the only way to get racial harmony is for people of different faith accepting and learning about each other rather than just their own faith. Look at the problems it has caused in Northern Ireland over the years.
Women and men within Religion on 10:26 - Jan 10 with 2203 viewsWarwickHunt

Women and men within Religion on 10:22 - Jan 10 by exhmrc1

one of my biggest beefs is single faith schools whether they be Church of England, Catholic or muslem etc. Surely in todays age the only way to get racial harmony is for people of different faith accepting and learning about each other rather than just their own faith. Look at the problems it has caused in Northern Ireland over the years.

Or they could realise that it's all medieval tosh...
Women and men within Religion on 10:33 - Jan 10 with 2198 viewsperchrockjack

There is no way fundamental Pentecostal baptist could argue with a Jew, Muslim or even a catholic with respect mainly because they are believe ALL the othersare wrong

Problem is the Bible itself and how it's interpreted

Eye for an eye or turn the other cheek . It's whatever floats your boat or what you are brought up with .

Issue is females are being unfairly marginalised by religions and it's tolerated be aid we fear religion

Women and men within Religion on 10:46 - Jan 10 with 2185 viewsHighjack

Well perhaps women deserve it. It's a fact that all the suffering in the world is all the fault of one gluttonous naked tart who couldn't resist an apple, even though she had been specifically told not to eat the apple by God, who had made her out of her husbands rib. What thanks does he get?

If only she could have resisted the temptation. If only she could tell that snake who wasn't actually a snake but the devil disguised as a snake to f uck off we'd all still be in paradise right now. But no. All the snake has to say is "go on. eat the apple. you know you want it you naughty little slut" and she tucked right in without questioning it.

These are all historically accurate accounts of the story so of course women should be punished, they've brought all of this on themselves.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Women and men within Religion on 10:51 - Jan 10 with 2182 viewsperchrockjack

In all seriousness highjack ,and exhmc might disagree ,there may be an element of truth in that .in fact ,more of an element .

Some religions clearly punish women and there s a reason for this .

I'm hoping our Queen of Hammersmith finds the one append her opinions on this subject as she appears one woman who s made good in a man s world

Login to get fewer ads

Women and men within Religion on 10:56 - Jan 10 with 2174 viewsHighjack

Women and men within Religion on 10:51 - Jan 10 by perchrockjack

In all seriousness highjack ,and exhmc might disagree ,there may be an element of truth in that .in fact ,more of an element .

I'm hoping our Queen of Hammersmith finds the one append her opinions on this subject as she appears one woman who s made good in a man s world

In fairness she'd only eat the apple if the snake who wasn't a snake but the devil disguised as a snake told her it was a gluten free organic fair trade apple that cost £77 in waitrose.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Women and men within Religion on 14:07 - Jan 10 with 2055 viewsDarran

So the OP starts a thread stating that women are lessers in some religion but abuses Priti Patel for her size and skin colour and sticks up for historical sex abusers.

Very strange.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Women and men within Religion on 14:42 - Jan 10 with 2020 viewsexhmrc1

Women and men within Religion on 10:51 - Jan 10 by perchrockjack

there is absolutely no justification for any religion treating women badly in this country anymore although we have to face facts as a country we have also done so and if the BBC journalist is believed are still doing so.

Treating people equally is a basic human right that we should ensure is followed.
Women and men within Religion on 15:09 - Jan 10 with 1997 viewsMo_Wives

Women and men within Religion on 14:42 - Jan 10 by exhmrc1

there is absolutely no justification for any religion treating women badly in this country anymore although we have to face facts as a country we have also done so and if the BBC journalist is believed are still doing so.

Treating people equally is a basic human right that we should ensure is followed.

Hear, hear. Well said, Eczema.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Women and men within Religion on 16:13 - Jan 10 with 1943 viewsbuilthjack

They will take over Canvey Island. Watch them drive the people out that have been there hundreds of years. It will happen. It shouldn't, but it will.
Jews, Moslems, are far more racist than we will ever be.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Women and men within Religion on 17:07 - Jan 10 with 1907 viewsTreforys_Jack

Women and men within Religion on 14:07 - Jan 10 by Darran

So the OP starts a thread stating that women are lessers in some religion but abuses Priti Patel for her size and skin colour and sticks up for historical sex abusers.

Very strange.

I knew you wouldn't let me down in the dar/ perch sweep, had me worried though, over 4 hrs butt.......... must do better in future 😁
Women and men within Religion on 19:34 - Jan 10 with 1828 viewsperchrockjack

Some good contributions to this thread

Thanks

Women and men within Religion on 19:42 - Jan 10 with 1816 viewsGowerjack

Women and men within Religion on 10:22 - Jan 10 by exhmrc1

You have conflated two issues.

Racial harmony and faith.

Despite much evidence to the contrary they are not mutually exclusive.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Women and men within Religion on 23:18 - Jan 10 with 1730 viewsperchrockjack

You persist in making assumptions taxman

I'm afraid you re becoming very didactic and it's a turn off .

You have to understand opinions are not facts

Women and men within Religion on 23:24 - Jan 10 with 1726 viewsLeonWasGod

Women and men within Religion on 10:46 - Jan 10 by Highjack

Well perhaps women deserve it. It's a fact that all the suffering in the world is all the fault of one gluttonous naked tart who couldn't resist an apple, even though she had been specifically told not to eat the apple by God, who had made her out of her husbands rib. What thanks does he get?

If only she could have resisted the temptation. If only she could tell that snake who wasn't actually a snake but the devil disguised as a snake to f uck off we'd all still be in paradise right now. But no. All the snake has to say is "go on. eat the apple. you know you want it you naughty little slut" and she tucked right in without questioning it.

These are all historically accurate accounts of the story so of course women should be punished, they've brought all of this on themselves.

If that was true it would have been chocolate, not an apple.
Women and men within Religion on 07:43 - Jan 11 with 1643 viewswaynekerr55

Women and men within Religion on 16:13 - Jan 10 by builthjack

They will take over Canvey Island. Watch them drive the people out that have been there hundreds of years. It will happen. It shouldn't, but it will.
Jews, Moslems, are far more racist than we will ever be.

Hoy Vey!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Women and men within Religion on 08:20 - Jan 11 with 1628 viewsbuilthjack

Women and men within Religion on 07:43 - Jan 11 by waynekerr55

Hoy Vey!

There's no H !!!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Women and men within Religion on 08:31 - Jan 11 with 1607 viewsexhmrc1

Women and men within Religion on 23:18 - Jan 10 by perchrockjack

You persist in making assumptions taxman

I'm afraid you re becoming very didactic and it's a turn off .

You have to understand opinions are not facts

we all make assumptions so I'm no different. You continually make assumptions on how Liverpool is better than Swansea, how bad the valley people are etc. None of which is true. For example 5 of the 8 most depressed areas are in Liverpool. Swansea's unemployment rate is lower, 1/2 of Liverpool's children leave school with less than 5 gcse including English and Maths as against just over a quarter in Swansea and 3 of the 13 highest crime universities are in Liverpool. Yet you continue to express opinion's which are clearly wrong. The real question is whether a city should be building new buildings to look good or spending money reducing crime, improving education and tackling poverty. This is also a matter of opinion and I suspect ours will differ.

As far as my original post it is my opinion and am I am entitled to it.

Years of conflict in Northern Ireland fuelled through religion. Again many years of conflict in the middle east for the same reason. Recently we have the problem of terrorism in our country. Yet we persist in having single faith schools. My view which again is different to yours is I disagree with these and it is an opinion based on history and a wish to help facilitate a true mixed rate culture based on respect and not fear. You might not agree with my view and I fully respect your view. However in our society we are allowed opposing views and should respect each other's
Women and men within Religion on 09:18 - Jan 11 with 1593 viewsperchrockjack

Pity Lohengrin isn't around to highlight the part of the bible that states woman must obey her man

Women and men within Religion on 09:59 - Jan 11 with 1555 viewsDarran

Women and men within Religion on 08:31 - Jan 11 by exhmrc1

we all make assumptions so I'm no different. You continually make assumptions on how Liverpool is better than Swansea, how bad the valley people are etc. None of which is true. For example 5 of the 8 most depressed areas are in Liverpool. Swansea's unemployment rate is lower, 1/2 of Liverpool's children leave school with less than 5 gcse including English and Maths as against just over a quarter in Swansea and 3 of the 13 highest crime universities are in Liverpool. Yet you continue to express opinion's which are clearly wrong. The real question is whether a city should be building new buildings to look good or spending money reducing crime, improving education and tackling poverty. This is also a matter of opinion and I suspect ours will differ.

As far as my original post it is my opinion and am I am entitled to it.

Years of conflict in Northern Ireland fuelled through religion. Again many years of conflict in the middle east for the same reason. Recently we have the problem of terrorism in our country. Yet we persist in having single faith schools. My view which again is different to yours is I disagree with these and it is an opinion based on history and a wish to help facilitate a true mixed rate culture based on respect and not fear. You might not agree with my view and I fully respect your view. However in our society we are allowed opposing views and should respect each other's

“However in our society we are allowed opposing views and should respect each other's”

Mate I don’t know why you bother he opposes himself all the time because he’s not all there.
One week he’s sticking up for Kevin Spacey for abusing a 14 year old boy then the next he’s against smacking children,work that out.
He needs to see a doctor.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Women and men within Religion on 10:20 - Jan 11 with 1565 viewsMo_Wives

Women and men within Religion on 09:18 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Pity Lohengrin isn't around to highlight the part of the bible that states woman must obey her man

"Slut, you think I won't choke no whore/ Til the vocal cords don't work in the throat no more?!" (Leviticus)

...Or was that Eminem? I always mix those two up.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Women and men within Religion on 11:40 - Jan 11 with 1519 viewsLohengrin

Women and men within Religion on 09:18 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Welcome back, Perch. Women obeying men? There are various iterations but the key text I suppose would be Peter where the husband is also bidden to respect his wife. That's key.

What is the place of women in religion? If you're asking me I'll answer an equal place.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024