Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women and men within Religion 09:48 - Jan 10 with 4078 viewsperchrockjack

Watched a programme last night on Hasidic Jews .
Like Islam ,strict laws regarding the separation of sexes at all times in public

How does is fit with equality ?

Both Jewish boys and Muslim boys play separately in designated areas.

Not really good preparation for adulthood, in my opinion.

Even in Christianity,women often seen as subservient to the man of the house and the Bible, Quran or Torah seen as the template for living . I well remember my parental grandmother being treated as dirt and being little more than a slave .

I'm not sure religion is the biggest cause of disrespect or contempt towards females and the evidence seems even more pronounced in parts of northern England.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Women and men within Religion on 12:42 - Jan 11 with 598 viewslondonlisa2001

Women and men within Religion on 16:13 - Jan 10 by builthjack

They will take over Canvey Island. Watch them drive the people out that have been there hundreds of years. It will happen. It shouldn't, but it will.
Jews, Moslems, are far more racist than we will ever be.

The people that live on Canvey Island (mostly moved there over the past 50 years or so by the way) at the moment are largely people who've moved there from the East End of London. The East End of London being previously, predominantly Jewish.
Women and men within Religion on 13:05 - Jan 11 with 584 viewsperchrockjack

Thanks Loh.
would you day Muslim women and to a lesser extent Jewish women of orthodoxy are basically seen as the chattels of the male dominant .

I know for a fact Only Jewish men or the eldest son can lead prayers in the home on the Sabbath

Women are clearly periferal and have a cleR lower status to men in most religions and it's plain wrong

Women and men within Religion on 13:15 - Jan 11 with 581 viewsElward

Slightly off topic, but one thing that really baffles me with religion is Atheists who celebrate Christmas.
Women and men within Religion on 13:18 - Jan 11 with 577 viewsperchrockjack

Or those who make make reference to our Christian country while never setting foot inside any denomination of a Christian church

Hypocrites

Women and men within Religion on 13:21 - Jan 11 with 575 viewsWarwickHunt

Women and men within Religion on 13:15 - Jan 11 by Elward

Slightly off topic, but one thing that really baffles me with religion is Atheists who celebrate Christmas.

Since when has Christmas been religious to more than a small percentage of the population?
Women and men within Religion on 13:24 - Jan 11 with 571 viewsElward

Women and men within Religion on 13:21 - Jan 11 by WarwickHunt

Since when has Christmas been religious to more than a small percentage of the population?

Exactly my point. Christmas is a Christian Religious holiday, kind of a give a way in the name, and the day it is on. Celebrating the birth of the guys who's name is in it? I don't think that just happens to be a major coincidence. Point being it seems there's plenty of people who say they don't believe in religion, God, Jesus etc. but they happily celebrate Christmas. Odd.
Women and men within Religion on 13:26 - Jan 11 with 566 viewsWarwickHunt

Women and men within Religion on 13:24 - Jan 11 by Elward

Exactly my point. Christmas is a Christian Religious holiday, kind of a give a way in the name, and the day it is on. Celebrating the birth of the guys who's name is in it? I don't think that just happens to be a major coincidence. Point being it seems there's plenty of people who say they don't believe in religion, God, Jesus etc. but they happily celebrate Christmas. Odd.

Don't bring religion into Christmas, you weirdo.
Women and men within Religion on 13:28 - Jan 11 with 562 viewsElward

Women and men within Religion on 13:26 - Jan 11 by WarwickHunt

Don't bring religion into Christmas, you weirdo.

Christmas is religion, you know, Christ's mass, the day he was born...
Login to get fewer ads

Women and men within Religion on 13:38 - Jan 11 with 550 viewsWarwickHunt

Women and men within Religion on 13:28 - Jan 11 by Elward

Christmas is religion, you know, Christ's mass, the day he was born...

Have a *woosh*, your grace.

Anyway if he (oops, He) actually existed , his birthday almost certainly wouldn't have been 25th December. Even atheists like me know that.
Women and men within Religion on 13:46 - Jan 11 with 539 viewslondonlisa2001

Women and men within Religion on 13:24 - Jan 11 by Elward

It was a traditional feast period of the pagans long before it was appropriated by the Christian Church to celebrate the birth of Christ.

It's when it is due to the winter solstice not anything else. It is the start of the solar year, when they celebrated the rebirth of the sun (it was called Yule, hence Yuletide etc).

Learn about religion before lecturing people on it perhaps?
Women and men within Religion on 13:47 - Jan 11 with 538 viewslondonlisa2001

Women and men within Religion on 13:05 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Thanks Loh.
would you day Muslim women and to a lesser extent Jewish women of orthodoxy are basically seen as the chattels of the male dominant .

I know for a fact Only Jewish men or the eldest son can lead prayers in the home on the Sabbath

Women are clearly periferal and have a cleR lower status to men in most religions and it's plain wrong

Obviously all religions view women as inferior. Largely because all religions were invented by men.
Women and men within Religion on 13:50 - Jan 11 with 531 viewsElward

Women and men within Religion on 13:38 - Jan 11 by WarwickHunt

Have a *woosh*, your grace.

Anyway if he (oops, He) actually existed , his birthday almost certainly wouldn't have been 25th December. Even atheists like me know that.

Completely beside the point. The church gave December the 25th as his un-official day of birth and that is why Christmas is on that day and is celebrated on that day. If your an Atheist why don't you support Ramadan? Why is it just Christmas? You don't have a large population of non religious people in Indonesia celebrating Ramadan just because the rest of the country does. No matter how you look at it, it is a religious holiday. Next you'll be telling me you do it to give presents for the kids. Which is also religious as Sanata Clause (St. Nicholas Sinterklaas) Was a man of god. I don't know who this fantasy made up bloke in a red suit is. Point I'm trying to make is there's a lot of hypocrites and a lot of people who just like to celebrate Christmas as an excuse just because everyone else is.
Women and men within Religion on 13:50 - Jan 11 with 530 viewswaynekerr55

Women and men within Religion on 13:05 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Thanks Loh.

cleR?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Women and men within Religion on 13:53 - Jan 11 with 528 viewsElward

Women and men within Religion on 13:46 - Jan 11 by londonlisa2001

It was a traditional feast period of the pagans long before it was appropriated by the Christian Church to celebrate the birth of Christ.

It's when it is due to the winter solstice not anything else. It is the start of the solar year, when they celebrated the rebirth of the sun (it was called Yule, hence Yuletide etc).

Learn about religion before lecturing people on it perhaps?

Celebrating Christmas on December the 25th is completely different to celebrating the winter solstice. If your an Atheist and you celebrate the winter solstice, fair enough, if your an Atheist who celebrates Christmas, your a hypocrite. I know plenty about religion thanks.
Women and men within Religion on 14:02 - Jan 11 with 519 viewstrampie

Women and men within Religion on 13:47 - Jan 11 by londonlisa2001

Obviously all religions view women as inferior. Largely because all religions were invented by men.

Pagans emphasise the equality of the sexes.
Women play a very prominent and equal role, most ceremonies involve worshipping some Goddess or other.

Immigrants coming to this country with new religions have a lot to answer for we worshiped multiple god's and goddesses and then in recent times through dubious influences people are told to worship a single male god, what's that all about ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Women and men within Religion on 14:04 - Jan 11 with 512 viewsperchrockjack

F.W....nice one

Afrikaners very much like referring to themselves with initials

And Christmas Day has nothing to do with Jesus . It's a commercial necessity

It's not HIS birth day .

Most but not all Lisa .Mary Baker Eddy and her followers would take issue with you even if I won't.

Women and men within Religion on 14:05 - Jan 11 with 510 viewslondonlisa2001

Women and men within Religion on 13:53 - Jan 11 by Elward

Celebrating Christmas on December the 25th is completely different to celebrating the winter solstice. If your an Atheist and you celebrate the winter solstice, fair enough, if your an Atheist who celebrates Christmas, your a hypocrite. I know plenty about religion thanks.

No. It's not.

The day was chosen because it was already a feast.

As an aside, I love your assertion that people give presents due to St Nicholas.

They give presents because the Wise Men gave presents. Traditionally it would have been on Epiphany (Jan 6th) not Christmas Day.

You obviously don't know quite enough...
Women and men within Religion on 14:08 - Jan 11 with 497 viewsperchrockjack

ElwRd

Both Lisa and I are in agreement, the Beauty and The Beast.

You re stuffed son .

Seek Ye the way out

Women and men within Religion on 14:10 - Jan 11 with 493 viewsMo_Wives

Women and men within Religion on 13:47 - Jan 11 by londonlisa2001

Yes, this is why progressives and feminists demand safe spaces for the womens. They think the poor little dabs can't handle themselves.
Not me though...I have full respect for the ladies.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Women and men within Religion on 14:17 - Jan 11 with 480 viewsperchrockjack

It's why Trese does it for me

Pure filth in satin,silk and well tailed tailored trousers .

Lovely hair style which suits her but her posture needs seeing to .

She needs something very stiff to stop her from slouching

Women and men within Religion on 14:22 - Jan 11 with 470 viewsMo_Wives

Women and men within Religion on 14:17 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

A stiff right hook?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Women and men within Religion on 14:22 - Jan 11 with 469 viewslondonlisa2001

Women and men within Religion on 14:17 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

How does that post fit in with a thread you started about disrespect and contempt towards women?
Women and men within Religion on 14:22 - Jan 11 with 469 viewsbuilthjack

Women and men within Religion on 12:42 - Jan 11 by londonlisa2001

The people that live on Canvey Island (mostly moved there over the past 50 years or so by the way) at the moment are largely people who've moved there from the East End of London. The East End of London being previously, predominantly Jewish.

Well yes, over 100 years then, but over 50% increase in population since the 50s.
Interesting to see that in the 2001 Census there were only 0.1% Jewish people living there.
So it is a recent thing.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Women and men within Religion on 14:23 - Jan 11 with 468 viewsMo_Wives

Women and men within Religion on 14:22 - Jan 11 by londonlisa2001

How does that post fit in with a thread you started about disrespect and contempt towards women?

She's got a point, Perch.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Women and men within Religion on 15:45 - Jan 11 with 436 viewsHighjack

And the reason we eat turkey is because st Nicholas was of course from Turkey. But then everybody knows that.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024