Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever 19:46 - Jan 10 with 3267 viewsTummer_from_Texas

"Good evening, you cowboy f******!"

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/music-stage/amp/Facts-didn-t-get-in-wa

It was a night documented (very inaccurately) in the movie "Sid and Nancy." My much older cousin was at this show, and he was immediately inspired to start his own punk band called The Huns which actually became somewhat legendary in Austin.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 20:09 - Jan 10 with 3230 viewsDarran

Funny thing I was thinking of the Pistols earlier today whilst listening to the VR album Contraband.
They do a cover of Bodies which is a horrible but brilliant song. The VR version is superb too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 21:08 - Jan 10 with 3179 viewsWingstandwood

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 20:09 - Jan 10 by Darran

Funny thing I was thinking of the Pistols earlier today whilst listening to the VR album Contraband.
They do a cover of Bodies which is a horrible but brilliant song. The VR version is superb too.

Cheap Trick done a cover of Bodies also! When I first heard the Pistols NMTB version it blew my mind.........The intro was unhinged like 'Pauline'.......The panzer-tank force of the rhythm guitar/ the amp feedback overdubs....... Rottens Voice that sounded pure 'evil'......so profound the whole thing.

Argus!

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 21:11 - Jan 10 with 3164 viewsDarran

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 21:08 - Jan 10 by Wingstandwood

Cheap Trick done a cover of Bodies also! When I first heard the Pistols NMTB version it blew my mind.........The intro was unhinged like 'Pauline'.......The panzer-tank force of the rhythm guitar/ the amp feedback overdubs....... Rottens Voice that sounded pure 'evil'......so profound the whole thing.

Yeah I’ve seen that but it’s not as good as VRs.

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 21:23 - Jan 10 with 3148 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Bodies still sounds great today. I remember in 1977 as a 15 year old being amazed and bit shocked by the lyrics and general subject matter of the song. Lots of swear words. Marvellous.
40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 02:16 - Jan 11 with 3047 viewsLoyal

Im not an animal.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 09:20 - Jan 11 with 2966 viewsperchrockjack

Sounded horrendous all those years ago as it does now.

Each to his own ,eh

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 11:24 - Jan 11 with 2919 viewsLord_Bony

Love them or loathe them,the Sex Pistols have had a huge influence or western music and culture.

They changed modern music forever.

https://g.co/kgs/oAj7Xr

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 11:47 - Jan 11 with 2906 viewsattila_the_hun

country life butter

"I'm Free"

Login to get fewer ads

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 13:09 - Jan 11 with 2876 viewsperchrockjack

I would like to dispute that Bony.

Change music ...

Look at Guthrie, Hank, Dylan, Beatles first.

Pistols ? Nah.

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 14:49 - Jan 11 with 2848 viewsoldcob

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 11:24 - Jan 11 by Lord_Bony

Love them or loathe them,the Sex Pistols have had a huge influence or western music and culture.

I wouldn't describe what the Sex Pistols did as musical. Entertainment maybe, but not music.
40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 17:32 - Jan 11 with 2793 viewsLoyal

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 11:47 - Jan 11 by attila_the_hun

country life butter

The most punk thing anyone could do, never live to the rules that you think other people apply. Live to your own and never fit a stereotype, that way your mind stays free and your life remains creative.
Loyal, 11/1/2018.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 17:58 - Jan 11 with 2771 viewsWarwickHunt

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 11:24 - Jan 11 by Lord_Bony

"They changed modern music forever"

Behave, FFS.
40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 17:45 - Jan 12 with 2642 viewsSPboy

The Clash played Swansea Uni in April 77 - changed a few lives that night too
40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 11:53 - Jan 13 with 2549 viewsPolskijack

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 13:09 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

I would like to dispute that Bony.

Change music ...

Look at Guthrie, Hank, Dylan, Beatles first.

Pistols ? Nah.

So music didn't change after the Beatles? The Pistols along with bands like the Ramones, the Damned and others made music accessible again to the masses. Loads of people decided they could start their own bands after hearing and seeing them play (including me) and whatever anyone says, NMTB is an amazing Rock and Roll record that still sounds great today. You might not have been able to emulate Yes, ELP or the other dinosaurs of music of that time, but you could certainly pick up a guitar and make some noise. Without punk we wouldn't have some of the bands we have had since or have now.
40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 13:02 - Jan 13 with 2536 viewsperchrockjack

Didn't say that pole.

Did I.

Music is always evolving but those who I've identified really do stand out..for talent that is. The pistols didn't have any musical talent . None .

They were packaged and disingenuous .

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 14:09 - Jan 13 with 2518 viewsPolskijack

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 13:02 - Jan 13 by perchrockjack

Didn't say that pole.

Did I.

Music is always evolving but those who I've identified really do stand out..for talent that is. The pistols didn't have any musical talent . None .

They were packaged and disingenuous .

No point in arguing as everyone has their own tastes about who has influenced music but I will take issue with you about their musical talents. Steve Jones was and is an excellent rock guitarist and Paul Cook whilst not being a spectacular drummer, is an accomplished one (as was Ringo). The same goes for Glenn Matlock on bass. (forget Sid he was just a marketing ploy and didn't play on any of their recordings). Rotten could sing as well as most other rock singers.

Each to his own.
40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 14:15 - Jan 13 with 2515 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed Polska

Good day to you ,Sir

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 14:18 - Jan 13 with 2512 viewsDarran

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 11:53 - Jan 13 by Polskijack

So music didn't change after the Beatles? The Pistols along with bands like the Ramones, the Damned and others made music accessible again to the masses. Loads of people decided they could start their own bands after hearing and seeing them play (including me) and whatever anyone says, NMTB is an amazing Rock and Roll record that still sounds great today. You might not have been able to emulate Yes, ELP or the other dinosaurs of music of that time, but you could certainly pick up a guitar and make some noise. Without punk we wouldn't have some of the bands we have had since or have now.

Ignore the pervert Polski he doesn’t know what fuçking day it is.

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 16:01 - Jan 13 with 2489 viewsrob

Pistols were amazing and boy was that sort of music needed back then.

Steve Jones is a fantastic guitarist.
40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 16:18 - Jan 13 with 2477 viewsDarran

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 16:01 - Jan 13 by rob

Pistols were amazing and boy was that sort of music needed back then.

Steve Jones is a fantastic guitarist.

Have you listened to his show Jonesys Jukebox from the States Rob?
Some of them are absolutely superb there’s loads on YouTube.

This one is brilliant. Have a listen.

https://audioboom.com/posts/5867466-cheap-trick-in-studio/embed/v4?image_option=

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 17:36 - Jan 13 with 2439 viewsLoyal

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 16:18 - Jan 13 by Darran

Have you listened to his show Jonesys Jukebox from the States Rob?
Some of them are absolutely superb there’s loads on YouTube.

This one is brilliant. Have a listen.

https://audioboom.com/posts/5867466-cheap-trick-in-studio/embed/v4?image_option=

Fair play Darran, you have a real quality cross section taste in music.

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 17:47 - Jan 13 with 2431 viewsDarran

40 years ago, the Sex Pistols changed my hometown of San Antonio Texas forever on 17:36 - Jan 13 by Loyal

Fair play Darran, you have a real quality cross section taste in music.

lol

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024