Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** 23:17 - Jan 10 with 5293 viewsCroftyjack

I have to say I am sick of hearing through these websites and through social media that
' oh the club is not what it used to be' I mean what the actual f**K does that mean.

Perhaps you mean not scratching around in the crap lower leagues where the quality is awful most the time, it was awful then so after seeing the PL for 7 years if we go back it will look even worse!
The club has not changed since 1912, owners, players and staff have and the ground but it is still what it was in 1912' a team that represents the city it was founded.
Support the club always because as far as I remember there has always been off field issues.
Maybe the club is just a mirror image of its fans these days unambitious.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 23:35 - Jan 10 with 3417 viewsJajess

The club is not what it used to be
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 03:15 - Jan 11 with 3293 viewsJack59

I've missed about a dozen home games in the last 45 years, I remember season after season of rubbish in the lower leagues.
It's safe to say this is the first time in the clubs history, that, we as fans can have no impact whatsoever on the clubs owners.
It does not represent Swansea anymore, it represents everything that is morally wrong with Football at this level, and it won't find a comfortable home in this city.
Regardless of bad results or poor league position, fans would often leave the ground years ago having a laugh together,
I may feel different if I was on the gravy train, getting part of the £120 million a year income, but I'm not,, so I'd rather leave the ground with a smile on my face, yes, certainly in the lower leagues, and without an American investor in sight.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 04:39 - Jan 11 with 3271 viewsHumpty

Crofty, yes I've watched the Swans with dreadful owners before. Dougy, who in fair play tried his best, Silver Shield, Mike Lewis etc.

Since 2002 we have been fan owned. Something I was really proud of. A mixture of local business men and the largest share holder, the Swansea City Supporters Trust. Since then, our rise has been incredible. Something none of us could really dream of.

The local business men made a great deal out of this. What a brilliant example we were of a succesful club owned by local people who had chased off the evil crook, Petty, who owned our club. They even made a film about it. Which cost the club a couple of million.

And then the business men decided they wanted to sell out to the first bunch of crappy American vultures they could find. Because their shares were now worth lots of money and they wouldn't be worth much if we went down. Caring for the club went out the window. The well being of the club was not their major issue anymore. Cashing in was. And since that day we have seen the effect of that on the pitch.

When the Trust stopped the first sale to American vultures, the business men behaved in a disgraceful way and sold the club to the next set of American vultures. They kept them out of the picture. They sold away their voting rights to the vultures so the Trust would have no power. They then try to change agreed arrangements and tell lie after lie about what they are doing.

Crofty,

Do you understand why we are pissed off?
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 04:44 - Jan 11 with 3267 viewsJackBaston

When people say that it's because we changed, we became a model club
A fans voice at boardroom level, run by local businessmen who loved the club
and then we become lucky to become a great team to watch, I used to go away from games when we'd lost smiling because of how well we passed the ball around and were fun to watch
That's nearly all gone, we've been sold down sh*t creek, constantly lied to, lost our image, brand of football and soul. Give it a few years and we'll be back to the old third division back in the hands of owners who want to squeeze us for every last penny not caring if they leave a football club behind, similar to an Australian chap we once knew
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 06:29 - Jan 11 with 3146 viewswaynekerr55

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 04:39 - Jan 11 by Humpty

Crofty, yes I've watched the Swans with dreadful owners before. Dougy, who in fair play tried his best, Silver Shield, Mike Lewis etc.

Since 2002 we have been fan owned. Something I was really proud of. A mixture of local business men and the largest share holder, the Swansea City Supporters Trust. Since then, our rise has been incredible. Something none of us could really dream of.

The local business men made a great deal out of this. What a brilliant example we were of a succesful club owned by local people who had chased off the evil crook, Petty, who owned our club. They even made a film about it. Which cost the club a couple of million.

And then the business men decided they wanted to sell out to the first bunch of crappy American vultures they could find. Because their shares were now worth lots of money and they wouldn't be worth much if we went down. Caring for the club went out the window. The well being of the club was not their major issue anymore. Cashing in was. And since that day we have seen the effect of that on the pitch.

When the Trust stopped the first sale to American vultures, the business men behaved in a disgraceful way and sold the club to the next set of American vultures. They kept them out of the picture. They sold away their voting rights to the vultures so the Trust would have no power. They then try to change agreed arrangements and tell lie after lie about what they are doing.

Crofty,

Humpty, without doubt this is the post of the year. Concise, eloquent and with no abuse.

Crofty, you've had a mare.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 07:30 - Jan 11 with 3023 viewsAguycalledJack

The club may carry the great name of our city but it is no longer the beacon of light for our city that it once was.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 07:33 - Jan 11 with 3015 viewsWAFU

Did they charge a £2.50 booking fee for tickets back in 1912 then?
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 08:15 - Jan 11 with 2926 viewsswan65split

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 07:30 - Jan 11 by AguycalledJack

The club may carry the great name of our city but it is no longer the beacon of light for our city that it once was.

No not a Beacon of light , but a cloud of sleaze and greed, that will be shown as an example of what some Clubs could expect if it loses its honour and respect for its City and fans.
Login to get fewer ads

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 08:52 - Jan 11 with 2817 viewsFireboy2

Crofty,

I agree with wayne

Simply put and spot on

Well done humpty
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 8:53]
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 09:06 - Jan 11 with 2772 viewsnantywatcher

Crofty,

An excellent post.
I think the word VULTURES should always be part of any debate about the sellers and owners.
Vultures out!!!
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 09:06 - Jan 11 with 2769 viewsLandore_Jack

Has the op been stuck in a coma for the past 14 years?

#backtojack

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 09:10 - Jan 11 with 2754 viewsperchrockjack

Hump has made a great contribution here.
I was not against this sale although,unlike Jinks and his chums I was not expecting zero committment to our club progress. I would have thought they d do everything to keep us in the Prem .That they haven't is staggering and the fact the most incompetent chairman in the premier league has effectively thrown away all the years of great work is unforgivable .

I have no problem with our club in the hands of whomsoever so long as they invest . If they make a profit then great as long as we do so and move onwards . We re going backward at a rate of knots and shame the premier league . We are currently an insult to he memory of Rich Lilicrap, Mike Kent ,Gwilym and dear Gareth Corbett .

I m hoping whatever happens come May that these owners sell up ,take their profit and fook off. All that should worry us is to whom they sell as we are where we are.

We need chairman and board replaced and it's gonna take someone special to sort us out

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 09:18 - Jan 11 with 2735 viewsAngelRangelQS

Being in the PL has also contributed towards this feeling.

At least when we were rubbish and had bad owners before we had likeable players earning normal money and for the most part trying their best.

Now we are rubbish, have bad owners and a bunch of mercenary tw*ts playing for us (the obvious couple aside)
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 09:30 - Jan 11 with 2696 viewssainthelens

They say a leopard never changes its spots......and with Jenkins being a failed roofing salesman, he is now a failed football chairman. The guy is nothing but a crook, and the fact that some still cannot see that I find baffling. It is so blatantly obvious that he and chums cashed in so please .....the ones that still think he's doing his best....STOP.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 09:42 - Jan 11 with 2659 viewsmax936

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 06:29 - Jan 11 by waynekerr55

Humpty, without doubt this is the post of the year. Concise, eloquent and with no abuse.

Crofty, you've had a mare.

100%, Great Post by the Hump.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 09:49 - Jan 11 with 2633 viewsPegojack

Crofty,

Excellent post, well said mate.

Unfortunately, there are some who are too thick to understand, some who are so supine they don't react when someone kicks them in the balls, and some who have been asked to 'smooth things over' by the dirty sell outs, or are actually the dirty sell outs themselves, pretending to be real Jacks.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 10:02 - Jan 11 with 2584 viewsmax936

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 09:49 - Jan 11 by Pegojack

Excellent post, well said mate.

Unfortunately, there are some who are too thick to understand, some who are so supine they don't react when someone kicks them in the balls, and some who have been asked to 'smooth things over' by the dirty sell outs, or are actually the dirty sell outs themselves, pretending to be real Jacks.

From Jacks to Judas's, they could have had it all as well, if they had sought a proper decent buyer, the Kudos and thanks for getting us to where we are and then selling to competent buyers leaving the Club in good hands and headed into the sunset with their pockets full and Legacy in tact.

Stupid, thick, greedy bastards.

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 10:27 - Jan 11 with 2529 viewsFireboy2

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 10:02 - Jan 11 by max936

From Jacks to Judas's, they could have had it all as well, if they had sought a proper decent buyer, the Kudos and thanks for getting us to where we are and then selling to competent buyers leaving the Club in good hands and headed into the sunset with their pockets full and Legacy in tact.

Stupid, thick, greedy bastards.

They are not thick or stupid max

Just greedy matey
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 10:29 - Jan 11 with 2529 viewsSTID2017

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 03:15 - Jan 11 by Jack59

I've missed about a dozen home games in the last 45 years, I remember season after season of rubbish in the lower leagues.
It's safe to say this is the first time in the clubs history, that, we as fans can have no impact whatsoever on the clubs owners.
It does not represent Swansea anymore, it represents everything that is morally wrong with Football at this level, and it won't find a comfortable home in this city.
Regardless of bad results or poor league position, fans would often leave the ground years ago having a laugh together,
I may feel different if I was on the gravy train, getting part of the £120 million a year income, but I'm not,, so I'd rather leave the ground with a smile on my face, yes, certainly in the lower leagues, and without an American investor in sight.

Not disagreeing with those who say that in many ways, the club is in a worse state than it has been for several years.
However one point I must content.:
The only owner we have ever really had any influence over was Tony Petty.
All the rest over the last 100 years (bar the recent "ownership by the fans" period) have been in many cases dictatorial (as was much of football over it's history).
Even the better ones - Struel, Sharpe (to a certain extent) - allowed themselves to be swayed only when it suited them.
The current lot are no better than Petty, except that we cannot seem to influence them and the club has further to fall.
I just hope they see sense soon, but it doesn't seem to be happening ATM.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 10:56 - Jan 11 with 2465 viewsmax936

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 10:27 - Jan 11 by Fireboy2

They are not thick or stupid max

Just greedy matey

I meant by that, that they are Swansea People mostly and have turned their backs on Swansea people call it blindness then or thick and stupid because they'll never be able to go anywhere in Swansea without the finger being pointed at least, if could have been much different.

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 11:00 - Jan 11 with 2454 viewsmax936

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 10:29 - Jan 11 by STID2017

Not disagreeing with those who say that in many ways, the club is in a worse state than it has been for several years.
However one point I must content.:
The only owner we have ever really had any influence over was Tony Petty.
All the rest over the last 100 years (bar the recent "ownership by the fans" period) have been in many cases dictatorial (as was much of football over it's history).
Even the better ones - Struel, Sharpe (to a certain extent) - allowed themselves to be swayed only when it suited them.
The current lot are no better than Petty, except that we cannot seem to influence them and the club has further to fall.
I just hope they see sense soon, but it doesn't seem to be happening ATM.

They won't see sense because they don't want to, its playing out as they wanted despite the lip service they paid at the start, we're almost a fortnight into the Transfer Window with an unbalanced squad and us bottom of the Premiership and not a signing on the horizon.

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 11:15 - Jan 11 with 2395 viewsOldjack

Crofty,

This

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 11:30 - Jan 11 with 2371 viewsnantywatcher

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 11:00 - Jan 11 by max936

They won't see sense because they don't want to, its playing out as they wanted despite the lip service they paid at the start, we're almost a fortnight into the Transfer Window with an unbalanced squad and us bottom of the Premiership and not a signing on the horizon.

I said it a month ago - what sort of player would want to sign for US at his stage of the window? In the last day or so when they have no other options maybe. We're trying to sell an old rusted out Mondeo, when most decent players want to be seen in nothing less than a new BMW convertible.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 11:36 - Jan 11 with 2349 viewsswan65split

Crofty,

Agree with the rest....TOP POST.

Just want to add its 53 years for me , away games before the web of Motorways , buses with no heating, bad sides, good sides, bad Managers /good managers , Promotion /Relegation, good owners??? /Bad owners , good crowds/ bad crowds ( i was one of those at the lowest crowd at the Vetch) queuing for hours for tickets because the plastic wanted to see the top teams at the Vetch.

As a kid in the 4th Division gosh I dreamed of watching them in the top flight along with the L"pools, Man Us Ctys etc , we glimpsed it once and then years of struggle and near oblivion followed.

However, we have witnessed the last 14 years a near miracle a deluge of class football, and euphoria, that at one stage made us talking point all over the World, where our name became famous for attractive/stylish football.

It hurts me to see/hear how Not only our Club, but the fans and City of Swansea look to be treated (overlooked) in the dealings of the sell off, and subsequent running that could see us tumble from the Premiership, a return to which I am unlikely to see again as I am in the Autumn of my life.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 11:43 - Jan 11 with 2321 viewsbyron

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 03:15 - Jan 11 by Jack59

This guy is bang on, it doesn’t represent anything normal about life in South Wales. Even when we were awful in the dungeon and away Day was always a laugh, the game was often almost irrelevant, on a trip to say London I sometimes missed the game as the pub was more fun.
Like said, for the first time almost ever, you have no control over your owners at all, a sad day for true jacks but the day many of us to the east were happy about as we knew what would happen.

Benny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024