Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** 23:17 - Jan 10 with 5292 viewsCroftyjack

I have to say I am sick of hearing through these websites and through social media that
' oh the club is not what it used to be' I mean what the actual f**K does that mean.

Perhaps you mean not scratching around in the crap lower leagues where the quality is awful most the time, it was awful then so after seeing the PL for 7 years if we go back it will look even worse!
The club has not changed since 1912, owners, players and staff have and the ground but it is still what it was in 1912' a team that represents the city it was founded.
Support the club always because as far as I remember there has always been off field issues.
Maybe the club is just a mirror image of its fans these days unambitious.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 11:57 - Jan 11 with 1109 viewsPegojack

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 11:43 - Jan 11 by byron

This guy is bang on, it doesn’t represent anything normal about life in South Wales. Even when we were awful in the dungeon and away Day was always a laugh, the game was often almost irrelevant, on a trip to say London I sometimes missed the game as the pub was more fun.
Like said, for the first time almost ever, you have no control over your owners at all, a sad day for true jacks but the day many of us to the east were happy about as we knew what would happen.

We can't blame you for taking the p*ss and reveling in it, we've done the same to you over the past few years and enjoyed it.

You're still a bunch of c*nts, though.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 12:29 - Jan 11 with 1066 viewsjackjackjackjack

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 11:57 - Jan 11 by Pegojack

We can't blame you for taking the p*ss and reveling in it, we've done the same to you over the past few years and enjoyed it.

At least we aren't over £100m in debt, like Cardiff.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 12:33 - Jan 11 with 1059 viewsBloodyhills

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 04:39 - Jan 11 by Humpty

Crofty, yes I've watched the Swans with dreadful owners before. Dougy, who in fair play tried his best, Silver Shield, Mike Lewis etc.

Since 2002 we have been fan owned. Something I was really proud of. A mixture of local business men and the largest share holder, the Swansea City Supporters Trust. Since then, our rise has been incredible. Something none of us could really dream of.

The local business men made a great deal out of this. What a brilliant example we were of a succesful club owned by local people who had chased off the evil crook, Petty, who owned our club. They even made a film about it. Which cost the club a couple of million.

And then the business men decided they wanted to sell out to the first bunch of crappy American vultures they could find. Because their shares were now worth lots of money and they wouldn't be worth much if we went down. Caring for the club went out the window. The well being of the club was not their major issue anymore. Cashing in was. And since that day we have seen the effect of that on the pitch.

When the Trust stopped the first sale to American vultures, the business men behaved in a disgraceful way and sold the club to the next set of American vultures. They kept them out of the picture. They sold away their voting rights to the vultures so the Trust would have no power. They then try to change agreed arrangements and tell lie after lie about what they are doing.

Crofty,

Do you understand why we are pissed off?

Top post.
Sums up what I feel more eloquently than I could ever say.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** (n/t) on 12:37 - Jan 11 with 1053 viewsShonky

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 12:29 - Jan 11 by jackjackjackjack

At least we aren't over £100m in debt, like Cardiff.

yet
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 12:41]

Its just a ride...

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** (n/t) on 12:39 - Jan 11 with 1049 viewsShonky

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** (n/t) on 12:37 - Jan 11 by Shonky

yet

oops

Its just a ride...

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** (n/t) on 12:45 - Jan 11 with 1036 viewsjackjackjackjack

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** (n/t) on 12:37 - Jan 11 by Shonky

yet

I hope we don't end up with owners who "invest" via debt, like Cardiff, Wolves etc.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 12:52 - Jan 11 with 1021 viewsCroftyjack

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 04:39 - Jan 11 by Humpty

Crofty, yes I've watched the Swans with dreadful owners before. Dougy, who in fair play tried his best, Silver Shield, Mike Lewis etc.

Since 2002 we have been fan owned. Something I was really proud of. A mixture of local business men and the largest share holder, the Swansea City Supporters Trust. Since then, our rise has been incredible. Something none of us could really dream of.

The local business men made a great deal out of this. What a brilliant example we were of a succesful club owned by local people who had chased off the evil crook, Petty, who owned our club. They even made a film about it. Which cost the club a couple of million.

And then the business men decided they wanted to sell out to the first bunch of crappy American vultures they could find. Because their shares were now worth lots of money and they wouldn't be worth much if we went down. Caring for the club went out the window. The well being of the club was not their major issue anymore. Cashing in was. And since that day we have seen the effect of that on the pitch.

When the Trust stopped the first sale to American vultures, the business men behaved in a disgraceful way and sold the club to the next set of American vultures. They kept them out of the picture. They sold away their voting rights to the vultures so the Trust would have no power. They then try to change agreed arrangements and tell lie after lie about what they are doing.

Crofty,

Do you understand why we are pissed off?

If you read posts I've done in the past yes I'm as peed off with what's going on but I was the same with Dougie,silver shield,Mike Lewis, petty etc.
So this is my whole point of the post nothing is any different from the past just on a bigger scale.
Where there are profits to be made the vultures circle.
I have it as much as everyone else but I still love the club as much cos what goes n behind the scenes we will never ever ever be able to change.
I turn up at a match for Swansea city FC as the club is the same as ever.
I never boo them and we have always had players that shouldn't where the shirt but it will always be the case unless you Barca or real.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 12:57 - Jan 11 with 1006 viewsCroftyjack

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 06:29 - Jan 11 by waynekerr55

Humpty, without doubt this is the post of the year. Concise, eloquent and with no abuse.

Crofty, you've had a mare.

No what I say is right.people who are saying this are really mean the 'owners of the club in the last 10 years are not the same'
A completely different view of the club's not what it used to be.
Login to get fewer ads

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 13:04 - Jan 11 with 992 viewsCroftyjack

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 09:06 - Jan 11 by Landore_Jack

Has the op been stuck in a coma for the past 14 years?

Far from it which is why I say since 1912 the club's the same...people seem to think the club's only existed since 2003...before then it was shite as I seen it..owners fleecing fans etc etc.
Awful awful footie...I hate the yanks and the sellouts but the club will be there after them and the next will come along and try the same.
The club will still represent the city.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 13:46 - Jan 11 with 958 viewswaynekerr55

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 12:57 - Jan 11 by Croftyjack

No what I say is right.people who are saying this are really mean the 'owners of the club in the last 10 years are not the same'
A completely different view of the club's not what it used to be.

I think where people are peed is that these people used the whole 'by fans for fans' nonsense to line their own pockets at the expense of the ordinary fan.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 13:46 - Jan 11 with 958 viewsIAN05

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 13:04 - Jan 11 by Croftyjack

Far from it which is why I say since 1912 the club's the same...people seem to think the club's only existed since 2003...before then it was shite as I seen it..owners fleecing fans etc etc.
Awful awful footie...I hate the yanks and the sellouts but the club will be there after them and the next will come along and try the same.
The club will still represent the city.

It is different this time though for a range of reasons :

The supporters own 21% of the club now, so we have been ripped off in a far bigger way than ever before.

As a club ( especially our board) we took a very high ground view on how corrupt and mis-managed the rest of football was compared to us. The fall from grace has left fans disenfranchised more than ever.

Being ripped off by your own always hurts more, which is why you are seeing such a bitter fall out.

People have greater access to information nowadays and there is an ability to manipulate through the media and especially through social media which is making this whole situation more and more embarrassing and frustrating for fans.

The finances now involved offer the greatest risk we have ever been exposed to if the club is not managed well.

The club had the supporters in a perfect position, supporting the club, loyal to everything the club stood for, proud of the admiration it received, visible in the community and seemingly accessible to all. Ripping that up and giving us what we now have and the poison that has come with it is going to be a very difficult position to recover from in my opinion.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 13:53 - Jan 11 with 949 viewswaynekerr55

Look out mart "i want to be DP'd by Huw and Dineen" 6 has given an up arrow to the OP. What a weird sychophant it is. Have you got posters of John Van Zweeden on your wall?

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 13:59 - Jan 11 with 938 viewsperchrockjack

WAyne

Don't tell me this Matt 6 chap isn't supporting my camPaign of hate towards Jenkins

I've had a lovely morning here in west Wirral so please don't spoil it by suggesting this kunt jenks has supporters

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 14:06 - Jan 11 with 929 viewsbyron

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 11:57 - Jan 11 by Pegojack

I wouldn’t have it any other way. You didn’t need stand up comedy with Cardiff City a few years ago......

Benny

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** (n/t) on 14:08 - Jan 11 with 928 viewsbyron

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** (n/t) on 12:45 - Jan 11 by jackjackjackjack

I hope we don't end up with owners who "invest" via debt, like Cardiff, Wolves etc.

Like most clubs you mean, even Man Utd became in debt when bought by the glazers. It’s how lots of people operate in the business world. Tan is paying ours off but by bit, heard it’s down to 75 million now which although sounds big, really isn’t in the grand scheme of things.

Benny

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 14:26 - Jan 11 with 910 viewswaynekerr55

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 13:59 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

WAyne

Don't tell me this Matt 6 chap isn't supporting my camPaign of hate towards Jenkins

I've had a lovely morning here in west Wirral so please don't spoil it by suggesting this kunt jenks has supporters

It appears so.

I suggest a nice mug of filter coffee and a heated croissant with home made preserve

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 14:51 - Jan 11 with 881 viewsdameedna

A vulture preys on a carcass. I would remove that description.

The sale has been made and we are fighting for our status not our lives.

Overall the OP is right. He or she may not be as pissed off as some however the buying power of the owners was a serious issue.

The Morgans who may have had the buying power but decided it was too risky compared to their core business is an example of a group taking the club as far as they could.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 14:52 - Jan 11 with 875 viewsswan65split

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 14:26 - Jan 11 by waynekerr55

It appears so.

I suggest a nice mug of filter coffee and a heated croissant with home made preserve

Hes alive and well and downing Like f))k
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 17:16 - Jan 11 with 807 viewsmax936

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 14:51 - Jan 11 by dameedna

A vulture preys on a carcass. I would remove that description.

The sale has been made and we are fighting for our status not our lives.

Overall the OP is right. He or she may not be as pissed off as some however the buying power of the owners was a serious issue.

The Morgans who may have had the buying power but decided it was too risky compared to their core business is an example of a group taking the club as far as they could.

Yeah, fair play to the Yanks though they are really moving us forward, I'm overwhelmed with excitement.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 17:20 - Jan 11 with 798 viewswaynekerr55

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 14:52 - Jan 11 by swan65split

Hes alive and well and downing Like f))k

Yeah, the massive fûcking weirdo. Let's suck off Huw via downarrowing to get attention

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 17:32 - Jan 11 with 779 viewsJoe_bradshaw

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 12:52 - Jan 11 by Croftyjack

If you read posts I've done in the past yes I'm as peed off with what's going on but I was the same with Dougie,silver shield,Mike Lewis, petty etc.
So this is my whole point of the post nothing is any different from the past just on a bigger scale.
Where there are profits to be made the vultures circle.
I have it as much as everyone else but I still love the club as much cos what goes n behind the scenes we will never ever ever be able to change.
I turn up at a match for Swansea city FC as the club is the same as ever.
I never boo them and we have always had players that shouldn't where the shirt but it will always be the case unless you Barca or real.

It wasn't the same with Doug Sharp, Silver Shield etc.

They owned the club lock, stock and barrel.

They didn't preach "By the fans for the fans" and "not just another football club"

They didn't sell the club behind the backs of a 21% shareholder then stay on raking in huge salaries whilst making mistake after mistake after mistake.

It is different from the past.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 19:10 - Jan 11 with 700 viewsCroftyjack

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 13:59 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

WAyne

Don't think he has supporters on here ...but please don't let that stop any of you still loving the club.
The club is just a team representing the city we love and I will not stop even though all involved are evil to the core.
But it seems many are combining the club and the owners the same.
It should galvanise us all not cause faction's.
Any one slagging off owners and trust too is fine be but slagging the club I cannot bare.
*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 19:43 - Jan 11 with 661 viewsperchrockjack

Fair point crofty but right now our club is shameful . We re drifting without liferafts .

I'm proud of my home town and hate to see it as it is and the football club was something to be proud about . It put the city on the map,so to speak .

I worry this fan squabbling proves what I think and that s we re too divided to fight

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 19:46 - Jan 11 with 657 viewsPozuelosSideys

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 19:10 - Jan 11 by Croftyjack

Don't think he has supporters on here ...but please don't let that stop any of you still loving the club.
The club is just a team representing the city we love and I will not stop even though all involved are evil to the core.
But it seems many are combining the club and the owners the same.
It should galvanise us all not cause faction's.
Any one slagging off owners and trust too is fine be but slagging the club I cannot bare.

You really dont get it do you?

The club no longer represents the City. Its part of an American Hedge Fund portfolio and held mainly by American Shareholders. None of the players are local and people like you and that tosser on the other thread who placate the current position are a HUGE part of the problem.

If you want to lube up and bend over and wave your half-and-half PL scarf made in China, then go ahead. But the more people become like you, then the quicker the club will disappear into the swamp. If our fanbase had rolled over and accepted their fate like you are suggesting now back in 2001/02, there probably wouldnt be an SCFC, and almost definitely not in the FL.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

*** Clubs not what it used to be!!!! *** on 19:48 - Jan 11 with 653 viewsperchrockjack

No, you re wrong

Swansea City FC , the one that s shown on world wide television.
That s the one
Most haven't got a scooby do as to who the feck own us

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024