Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#Philyerboots 19:22 - Jan 11 with 72289 viewsswanseacityx

Sumbler is leading a crazy war against the club hierachy but remember it was not that long ago he was drinking champagne and eating hobnobs with the Swansea City elite receiving free executive tickets thanks to his position with the Trust.

Wonder why he is so bitter now all of this has gone?

Dont be a sheep and follow the hypocrite.

Support the club.

STID

#philyerboots

#freeloader
#Philyerboots on 20:42 - Jan 16 with 1917 viewsBobbyBacala

#Philyerboots on 17:43 - Jan 16 by TheResurrection

It's up to the manager to show his worth and have a plan.

This is why getting the right one is THE most important one thing we could do.

Rodgers and Laudrup it made the most of the players they had, either through man management or the system. Both were slightly fortunate to take over from previous managers who had implemented similar systems so they could amend and tweak.

Since Laudrup, none of the managers have had time to implement a system (I'd say Guidolin), had a rubbish plan (Clement) or had no discernible clue (Bradley). I think the squad has reflected this too: Gomis played off the defender's shoulder when we didn't play that. Andre Ayew was effective, but didn't fit any position we needed. We've ended up with 7 central midfielders who are much of a muchness.

It's a bit chcike and egg as to whether the lack of managerial plan is down to them or then mismatched squad but the Director of Football is the one responsible for getting the players to fit the style of play so there's consistency despite the managerial turn over. To me, Jenkins has failed that (before you get into the quality of those players) and that's why once this window is over, there needs to be a handover plan in place so the new Director of Football hits the ground running in June, whatever division we're in.
#Philyerboots on 08:39 - Jan 17 with 1768 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 10:01 - Jan 16 by MoscowJack

Yes, it was. Incredibly, it was paid to ML's agent.

No wonder we had such a turnover of players that season.

No wonder ML wanted lots of new players in the summer before he left.

No wonder there was a falling out between HJ and ML.

I'm not protecting Jenkins here, by the way. He was the nutter that agreed to this deal and signed it off!

It was worth it for one incredible year (possibly even worth it for the first half of the West Brom game alone) but we would have been bankrupt very, very quickly with this model. I'm sure it was the start of our financial woes and I'm not surprised.

Football agents get paid in footbal transfer shocker?

You really think Laudrup was trading players to give commissions to his agent? Don't think he tasked him to actually get things done?

Here's a much more plausible theory; Jenkins is trading small fry players to try to make a profit for the club and so secure his bonus.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
UEFA report reveals football agents have earned astonishing £2.5BILLION from transfer fees in just five years

ByNick Harris for the Daily Mail

| 22:32, 16 January 2018

New research from UEFA suggests football agents have taken a staggering £2.5billion as commission on player transfers to clubs in Europe since 2013 alone.

This works out at around 13 per cent commission on the total incoming transfer activity of around £19billion spent in the period 2013 to 2017 inclusive.

The analysis, which even Europe's governing body describes as 'eye watering', emphasises the phenomenal power and earning potential of key middlemen – and the riches they can earn simply by shipping players from club to club.

UEFA found that in 32 'significant' transfers in the past few years, where the transfer fee was worth at least €1m (£758,000), the fee paid to the agent who brokered that deal was at least 100 per cent as much as the fee itself, on top of the fee.

UEFA's 'benchmarking' report is an in-depth look at off-pitch club football 'health' in the continent's 55 nations, with the European governing body considering everything from finances to social media popularity to attendances, kit deals and use of agents among other things.

UEFA's intelligence department delved into around 2,000 of the transfer deals in the period under review – accounting for around 40 per cent of all deals and about €10bn (£7.6bn) worth of business.

It says: 'Across 2,000 reviewed transfer deals, agent commissions averaged 12 to 13 per cent but with significant fluctuation. The typical agent commission for smaller deals of less than €100,000 was 40 per cent, with the typical commission dropping to a still eye-watering 9% for transfer deals of €5m plus.

'The agents' commission analysis covers clubs that have competed in UEFA club competitions between 2014 and 2017 and includes clubs from 37 UEFA member associations.

'The sample is strongly representative as it covers at least 100 different player transfers for clubs from each of the six most active countries and at least 50 transfers for another 10 of the countries that are active in the transfer market.

'The transfer deals also include selling clubs from 84 different countries, including clubs in 47 UEFA member associations, 15 CAF (African), 10 AFC (Asian), nine CONMEBOL (South American) and three CONCACAF (North and Central America and Caribbean) member associations. This representative sample more or less mirrors the activity highlighted in the transfers section of this report.'

Agents' commission of almost £1bn was paid on those 2,000 deals combined, which when extrapolated across all deals would rise to the £2.5bn mentioned above.

On top of that, agents typically earn extra sums as a percentage of wage packages they negotiate.

A section of the report details the most influential agents and their brokers. For example, UEFA looked at the 96 transfers in the summer of 2017 where players moved for €15m or more (£11.4m) and found super agent Jorge Mendes (agent to Cristiano Ronaldo and Jose Mourinho among others) behind the largest number of those deals. His Gestifute agency was the prime mover in six of the 96.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5276257/Agents-earned-2-5bn-tr
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 8:39]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

#Philyerboots on 09:29 - Jan 17 with 1715 viewsMoscowJack

Shaky, I think ML's agent would have definitely been pushing players out and dragging as many in as possible. He makes nothing extra if a player stays. For example, if he'd got rid of Ash, as he had tried to do, he would have got one of his own in. He would have been paid a fee by us to sell Ash, paid a fee by Arsenal (for example)....and then when he got the replacement for Ash in, he would have got a fee by us and the selling club as well as a % of the player's wage....it's just stupid. It encourages instability.

It's well known that ML was heavily influenced by his agent and had been for a long time. You only have to look at his playing and managerial career since his agent came to see how unstable he was.

I am very sure that ML knew his agent was taking cuts from his player's salaries as well as cuts from the club and the selling club. It was no coincidence that SIX of our players were on ML's agent's books at one stage. That's ridiculous and left us very exposed.

I understand that agents are needed in the game but clubs should never become reliant on one who takes control of so many of their players, especially when that agent is so strongly connected (for over a decade) to a manager who's had a reputation of lasting only a year at every job.

It's absolutely no surprise that the likes of Chico, Hernandez, Vazquez, Pozuelo and Canas had extremely short careers with us once ML had left. Michu might have left sooner if he hadn't got injured too. Only Amat stayed around, to be fair.

The upside was a great year for us as fans but it was never going to last. Ever! Not only financially but also from a position of stability within the squad. There was a HUGE turnover of players and that must have cost the club a fortune....although a lot less than the recruitment mess we're in right now!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

#Philyerboots on 09:38 - Jan 17 with 1701 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 09:29 - Jan 17 by MoscowJack

Shaky, I think ML's agent would have definitely been pushing players out and dragging as many in as possible. He makes nothing extra if a player stays. For example, if he'd got rid of Ash, as he had tried to do, he would have got one of his own in. He would have been paid a fee by us to sell Ash, paid a fee by Arsenal (for example)....and then when he got the replacement for Ash in, he would have got a fee by us and the selling club as well as a % of the player's wage....it's just stupid. It encourages instability.

It's well known that ML was heavily influenced by his agent and had been for a long time. You only have to look at his playing and managerial career since his agent came to see how unstable he was.

I am very sure that ML knew his agent was taking cuts from his player's salaries as well as cuts from the club and the selling club. It was no coincidence that SIX of our players were on ML's agent's books at one stage. That's ridiculous and left us very exposed.

I understand that agents are needed in the game but clubs should never become reliant on one who takes control of so many of their players, especially when that agent is so strongly connected (for over a decade) to a manager who's had a reputation of lasting only a year at every job.

It's absolutely no surprise that the likes of Chico, Hernandez, Vazquez, Pozuelo and Canas had extremely short careers with us once ML had left. Michu might have left sooner if he hadn't got injured too. Only Amat stayed around, to be fair.

The upside was a great year for us as fans but it was never going to last. Ever! Not only financially but also from a position of stability within the squad. There was a HUGE turnover of players and that must have cost the club a fortune....although a lot less than the recruitment mess we're in right now!

"It's absolutely no surprise that the likes of Chico, Hernandez, Vazquez, Pozuelo and Canas had extremely short careers with us once ML had left. Michu might have left sooner if he hadn't got injured too. Only Amat stayed around, to be fair. "

Yes, becasue they were purged by Monk, who publicly demanded loyalty from the squad.

As for the rest of it, yes, football agents get paid.

But in the only full season ML was in charge transfer dealings produced a surplus according to the accounts. Not unsustainable.

That said I agree the reliance on Toots did add somewhat to risk. But the flip side of that is reward. And at the end of the day the player registratioins were held by Swansea.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 9:44]

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 09:46 - Jan 17 with 1689 viewsMoscowJack

"Yes, becasue they were purged by Monk, who publicly demanded loyalty from the squad."

That's what I was saying. If ML had a reputation for sticking around for 3 or 4 years at each job, the risk would have worked out....just. As he hopped and skipped jobs every 12-18 months, it was extremely likely that his signings would either want to follow him or not be fancied by whoever replaced him.

That was one big part of the issue. Had different agents brought in lots of players (Spanish or otherwise), then the exposure would have been far less.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Amat had a different agent to the rest. And Michu too actually.

#Philyerboots on 09:49 - Jan 17 with 1685 viewsJacket

This is a great article about where it went wrong for Laudrup. Important for us, because his relationship with Tutumlu signalled the beginning of the end for us:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04/27/michael-laudrup-and-the-death-of-a-once
#Philyerboots on 09:50 - Jan 17 with 1681 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 09:49 - Jan 17 by Jacket

This is a great article about where it went wrong for Laudrup. Important for us, because his relationship with Tutumlu signalled the beginning of the end for us:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04/27/michael-laudrup-and-the-death-of-a-once

I posted this a few pages back but I was slagged off for doing so, strangely.

I thought it was a real eye-opener and shows us what sort of people ML and his agent really are.

#Philyerboots on 09:52 - Jan 17 with 1675 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 09:46 - Jan 17 by MoscowJack

"Yes, becasue they were purged by Monk, who publicly demanded loyalty from the squad."

That's what I was saying. If ML had a reputation for sticking around for 3 or 4 years at each job, the risk would have worked out....just. As he hopped and skipped jobs every 12-18 months, it was extremely likely that his signings would either want to follow him or not be fancied by whoever replaced him.

That was one big part of the issue. Had different agents brought in lots of players (Spanish or otherwise), then the exposure would have been far less.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Amat had a different agent to the rest. And Michu too actually.

You're assuming that Toots was pulling all the strings in that relationship.

But it was Laudrup who was considered a god in Spain, Italy, etc.

Don't you think Toots was rather able to strike deals with players due to his links with Laudrup? That they came to him for access to his star client?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

#Philyerboots on 09:53 - Jan 17 with 1671 viewsJacket

#Philyerboots on 09:50 - Jan 17 by MoscowJack

I posted this a few pages back but I was slagged off for doing so, strangely.

I thought it was a real eye-opener and shows us what sort of people ML and his agent really are.

Sorry bud, too many pages to scroll through!
#Philyerboots on 10:03 - Jan 17 with 1660 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 09:52 - Jan 17 by Shaky

You're assuming that Toots was pulling all the strings in that relationship.

But it was Laudrup who was considered a god in Spain, Italy, etc.

Don't you think Toots was rather able to strike deals with players due to his links with Laudrup? That they came to him for access to his star client?

There were many off-the-field reasons that ML relied so much on his agent and the main one was financial. ML seemed blindly guided by his agent and at several other clubs, including Mallorca, the breakdown with the relationship with the club was personal and extremely quick. The President of Mallorca went on record as saying that he was quite shocked and extremely disappointed in the way that ML behaved and even mentioned the influences around him at the time. I'm 99% sure that he meant his agent.

As the press article has shown, ML was driven by money and had been for a long time. It was more desperation than greed at one stage but I believe that once his agent had taken control, ML just had to go along with everything else.

ML's private investments were hemorrhaging money (despite quite a good real-estate portfolio) and his agent helped ensure that he had enough coming in to cover these losses. It's very possible that ML would have been bankrupt a long time ago had it not been for his "additional income" provided by his agent.

There's quite a lot of info out there about ML and his agent if you take the time to read it. I don't mean stuff written by disappointed fans like me, but investigative journalists who might have been paid to dig into this relationship.

If you believe one source, it's one of the main reasons that Barcelona never went near Laudrup as a potential manager, when he was "in his prime". They'd done their homework on him, although I think the structure of recruitment at that club might have restricted ML's agent from doing the same sort of deals. He's far more suited to small-mid sized clubs where he would have more power and control over recruitment.

#Philyerboots on 10:12 - Jan 17 with 1648 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 10:03 - Jan 17 by MoscowJack

There were many off-the-field reasons that ML relied so much on his agent and the main one was financial. ML seemed blindly guided by his agent and at several other clubs, including Mallorca, the breakdown with the relationship with the club was personal and extremely quick. The President of Mallorca went on record as saying that he was quite shocked and extremely disappointed in the way that ML behaved and even mentioned the influences around him at the time. I'm 99% sure that he meant his agent.

As the press article has shown, ML was driven by money and had been for a long time. It was more desperation than greed at one stage but I believe that once his agent had taken control, ML just had to go along with everything else.

ML's private investments were hemorrhaging money (despite quite a good real-estate portfolio) and his agent helped ensure that he had enough coming in to cover these losses. It's very possible that ML would have been bankrupt a long time ago had it not been for his "additional income" provided by his agent.

There's quite a lot of info out there about ML and his agent if you take the time to read it. I don't mean stuff written by disappointed fans like me, but investigative journalists who might have been paid to dig into this relationship.

If you believe one source, it's one of the main reasons that Barcelona never went near Laudrup as a potential manager, when he was "in his prime". They'd done their homework on him, although I think the structure of recruitment at that club might have restricted ML's agent from doing the same sort of deals. He's far more suited to small-mid sized clubs where he would have more power and control over recruitment.

I think that's largely bollocks, Nick, based on a single article from some source that nobody has ever heard of.

Laudrup is a very wealthy individual with tons of investments.

There was a serious hatchet job in the Danish press a few years ago where the chief claim was that Toots earned 7.5% commission on Swansea player sales.

This in contrast to the UEFA study that found average commissions of 12-13%.

Laudrup has vehemently denied ever receiving any kickbacks. And why would he, he is loaded.

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 10:22 - Jan 17 with 1637 viewsdameedna

He sussed out Huw and worked in Qatar.
#Philyerboots on 10:58 - Jan 17 with 1611 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 10:12 - Jan 17 by Shaky

I think that's largely bollocks, Nick, based on a single article from some source that nobody has ever heard of.

Laudrup is a very wealthy individual with tons of investments.

There was a serious hatchet job in the Danish press a few years ago where the chief claim was that Toots earned 7.5% commission on Swansea player sales.

This in contrast to the UEFA study that found average commissions of 12-13%.

Laudrup has vehemently denied ever receiving any kickbacks. And why would he, he is loaded.

Shaky,

Do some proper research.

ML's agent wanted 7.5% on EVERY transfer at the club, as well as £450k to keep his guy manager. Even if the player wasn't his. If you worked out his total income and divided that by the number of his players that he sold it would have been a LOT more than 13% average.

I wouldn't be totally against this if there was a clear strategy to buy good quality at low prices, sell high but have a far better success rate than we do now. Where this deal with ML and his guy broke down was ML's habit of never sticking around for long. ML's agent knew this so had to make hay while the sun shone....and move onto the next gig.

Also, it's been well-documented that a few of ML's private businesses were bleeding him dry. One in particular was losing him far more money than he was making with the Swans. In fact, it was this business that he was "attending to" when he was accused by many of visiting his daughter instead of dealing with all our growing issues at the time.

Just because he has a lot of properties, it doesn't mean he didn't have massive debts, but you can believe whatever you wish, of course.

Ps ML denied kickbacks? Really? I would have expected such a legend and ambassador to have admitted everything and been voted Whistleblower of the Year 2017 !!! ML and his agent are the ugliest part of the game and what's so sad is that ML had the reputation and appearance of someone of such high standing in the game.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 11:01]

#Philyerboots on 11:09 - Jan 17 with 1592 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 10:58 - Jan 17 by MoscowJack

Shaky,

Do some proper research.

ML's agent wanted 7.5% on EVERY transfer at the club, as well as £450k to keep his guy manager. Even if the player wasn't his. If you worked out his total income and divided that by the number of his players that he sold it would have been a LOT more than 13% average.

I wouldn't be totally against this if there was a clear strategy to buy good quality at low prices, sell high but have a far better success rate than we do now. Where this deal with ML and his guy broke down was ML's habit of never sticking around for long. ML's agent knew this so had to make hay while the sun shone....and move onto the next gig.

Also, it's been well-documented that a few of ML's private businesses were bleeding him dry. One in particular was losing him far more money than he was making with the Swans. In fact, it was this business that he was "attending to" when he was accused by many of visiting his daughter instead of dealing with all our growing issues at the time.

Just because he has a lot of properties, it doesn't mean he didn't have massive debts, but you can believe whatever you wish, of course.

Ps ML denied kickbacks? Really? I would have expected such a legend and ambassador to have admitted everything and been voted Whistleblower of the Year 2017 !!! ML and his agent are the ugliest part of the game and what's so sad is that ML had the reputation and appearance of someone of such high standing in the game.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 11:01]

I mentioned 13% as the average commission across all dealings.

But rates were much higher on the type of deals Swansea were scratching around for:

(from the mail article above -->)

"UEFA found that in 32 'significant' transfers . . . the fee paid to the agent who brokered that deal was at least 100 per cent as much as the fee itself, on top of the fee.

. . .The typical agent commission for smaller deals of less than €100,000 was 40 per cent".

Was Toots making money off Swansea? Of course.

Were his fees grossly out of whack or exorbitant in comparison to industry norms. Certainly not, quite the opposite based on actual evidence.

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 11:47 - Jan 17 with 1563 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 11:09 - Jan 17 by Shaky

I mentioned 13% as the average commission across all dealings.

But rates were much higher on the type of deals Swansea were scratching around for:

(from the mail article above -->)

"UEFA found that in 32 'significant' transfers . . . the fee paid to the agent who brokered that deal was at least 100 per cent as much as the fee itself, on top of the fee.

. . .The typical agent commission for smaller deals of less than €100,000 was 40 per cent".

Was Toots making money off Swansea? Of course.

Were his fees grossly out of whack or exorbitant in comparison to industry norms. Certainly not, quite the opposite based on actual evidence.

Do all these agents benefit from EVERY deal that goes on at EVERY club they have players??

Tutumulu was to benefit from deals nothing to do with him or his sourcing. That's the big difference, regardless if the overall percentage take.

Does Mourinho's agent benefit from every deal Man U does?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

#Philyerboots on 11:50 - Jan 17 with 1557 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 11:47 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

Do all these agents benefit from EVERY deal that goes on at EVERY club they have players??

Tutumulu was to benefit from deals nothing to do with him or his sourcing. That's the big difference, regardless if the overall percentage take.

Does Mourinho's agent benefit from every deal Man U does?

Who knows.

But I am interested in results, not taking isolated factoids out of a context that I frankly don't understand in any kind of detail.

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 11:52 - Jan 17 with 1553 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 11:50 - Jan 17 by Shaky

Who knows.

But I am interested in results, not taking isolated factoids out of a context that I frankly don't understand in any kind of detail.

Wanting results but not understanding the facts seems pretty much totally against what you've preached here over the years though, Shaky.

Isn't it what's behind the results (ie costs or return on investment) part of your M.O.? I'm not having a go at you for that (far from it as you're far better at it than I ever would be) but to bury your head in the sand doesn't seem like you.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 11:53]

#Philyerboots on 11:54 - Jan 17 with 1550 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 11:50 - Jan 17 by Shaky

Who knows.

Yeah, you're interested in isolating certain facts whilst ignoring others in support of a regime that wasn't right, let alone, sustainable.

And results only went as far as 9 months, they dropped off a cliff after that and Toots' (as you call him) worth to us was looking increasingly ridiculous.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

#Philyerboots on 11:57 - Jan 17 with 1546 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 11:52 - Jan 17 by MoscowJack

Wanting results but not understanding the facts seems pretty much totally against what you've preached here over the years though, Shaky.

Isn't it what's behind the results (ie costs or return on investment) part of your M.O.? I'm not having a go at you for that (far from it as you're far better at it than I ever would be) but to bury your head in the sand doesn't seem like you.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 11:53]

Any poster who claims to understand the world of football agents and transfers is in my view telling porkies, partly because it is so opaque and partly because there are clearly so many variations.

And overall the accounts show that Swansea got great value from the ML/Toots double act.

Consider also that Toots was effectively the Dof. In that context is it not more cost effective and efficient to negotiate one frame agreement on movements than to wast time going through the motions on every deal? Especially in situation where so many of the players came from Toots' stable?

I think ML wanted to get transfers done, and he trusted Toots to execute.

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 12:02 - Jan 17 with 1536 viewsMoscowJack

#Philyerboots on 11:57 - Jan 17 by Shaky

Any poster who claims to understand the world of football agents and transfers is in my view telling porkies, partly because it is so opaque and partly because there are clearly so many variations.

And overall the accounts show that Swansea got great value from the ML/Toots double act.

Consider also that Toots was effectively the Dof. In that context is it not more cost effective and efficient to negotiate one frame agreement on movements than to wast time going through the motions on every deal? Especially in situation where so many of the players came from Toots' stable?

Shaky,

You're conveniently not including the pay-off to the players who left our club after ML did. Every single one of them rec'd a sizeable sum to allow them to leave. Don't forget ML's pay off too.

These wouldn't have been covered in those accounts, as you know.

Also, then there's the cost (and associated cost) of replacing them.

The ML year was unforgettable for so many reasons (West Brom home more than the Cup Final for me) but it cost our club hugely. As someone who's always said we should try and live within our means, I'm surprised you aren't against this.

#Philyerboots on 12:02 - Jan 17 with 1534 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 11:57 - Jan 17 by Shaky

Do you think we should've chucked 7% of our Bony money from Man City to Toots as well? Even though he had zero to do with bringing him in?

Oh no, not on your Nelly mate

#Philyerboots on 12:03 - Jan 17 with 1532 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 11:54 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

Yeah, you're interested in isolating certain facts whilst ignoring others in support of a regime that wasn't right, let alone, sustainable.

And results only went as far as 9 months, they dropped off a cliff after that and Toots' (as you call him) worth to us was looking increasingly ridiculous.

Yeah, ML's results dropped off a cliff with the side in the knock out stages of the UEFA cup.

As fixtures and injuries piled up.

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 12:07 - Jan 17 with 1525 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 12:02 - Jan 17 by MoscowJack

Shaky,

You're conveniently not including the pay-off to the players who left our club after ML did. Every single one of them rec'd a sizeable sum to allow them to leave. Don't forget ML's pay off too.

These wouldn't have been covered in those accounts, as you know.

Also, then there's the cost (and associated cost) of replacing them.

The ML year was unforgettable for so many reasons (West Brom home more than the Cup Final for me) but it cost our club hugely. As someone who's always said we should try and live within our means, I'm surprised you aren't against this.

Because the net result was value for money, from great talent and football on show.

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 12:08 - Jan 17 with 1521 viewsShaky

#Philyerboots on 12:02 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

Do you think we should've chucked 7% of our Bony money from Man City to Toots as well? Even though he had zero to do with bringing him in?

Oh no, not on your Nelly mate

If ML/Toots had brought in the next Michu for peanuts I couldn't give a shit.

Misology -- It's a bitch

#Philyerboots on 12:11 - Jan 17 with 1516 viewsTheResurrection

#Philyerboots on 12:03 - Jan 17 by Shaky

Yeah, ML's results dropped off a cliff with the side in the knock out stages of the UEFA cup.

As fixtures and injuries piled up.

As great as it was we were in a group of

Kuban Krasnador
St Gallen
And a very ropey Valencia who were in a mess, at least they were when we played them away. They played us off the park at home.

I'm also forgetting who Laudrup brought in during his second summer window but from the poor memory I do have I can't remember it being a particularly successful one

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024